2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
Yeah many things have changed for this game hey... Like what happened to the ending of Halo 4? It was in a desert and this has nothing to do with Halo 5... Seems like pieces are missing completely or they just went on with a whole new thing... However i will take free DLC as a SORRY from 343i... Your forgiven and I enjoy the game... Your not forgiven for not having a multiplayer platform caus that ruined a very important games night every week for me and my mates...!!! I won't by Halo 6 if there is no multiplayer... I'll rather grab a game that does so i can jam it with friends... Yes i enjoy online my myself that's cool but i give 6half out of 10...
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
I wouldn't call it lies. I would call it MAJOR rewrites and a bad case of rushed development.
Maybe they shouldn't overhype the campaign to the extreme if they didn't get halfway done with their campaign. Remember all the talk of Hunt the Truth and discussion of the darkest campaign to date?
These guys so knew what they were doing, like how they knew how unstable the MCC was before release.
I think we overhyped the game. I mean the marketing team was only doing their job. From what I know it's Microsoft that does the marketing and 343 and MS communication wasn't the best and from what know it was a really last minute rewrite.
Hunt the Truth: Master Chief is seen killing some people. Is he evil? Why has he gone AWOL???
Answer: He was only finding Cortana, who was brought back from the dead making Halo 4's story meaningless.
Ads: Two sides. Locke pointing a gun at Chief, accusing him of destroying innocents. He's gone AWOL and he needed to be brought down. Chief claims that Locke compromised everything and was too foolish about other vague things. Locke needed to stop getting nosy in Chief's business.
Reality: Locke knew Chief wanted to find Cortana and tried warning him that it wasn't a good idea to look for her. Five minute fistfight over finding Cortana.
343i: Darkest campaign yet. (As someone pointed out, the lights went out in many planets because of the Guardians.)
ONI: Chief has gone rogue. He's insane. Take him down.
Reality: What?!?

BONUS: 343i: Long campaign, about 8-12 hours on Normal.
Really, it wasn't that long at all. Not even close. 6 hours at most, these levels are bit sized.
Look I just know of a leak that me and some other people piced together that looks really legit but there's already a 40 page discussion on this somewhere else so. The short and sweet version is that Halo 5's campaign was gonna be long, it was gonna be something similar to ODST, Cortana was not coming back, Halsy and Librarian were the badys, and by long I mean it was literally gonna be like 22-ish missions.
To be honest I enjoy Halo 5, but the marketing campaign and slogans did leave me wondering why a little bit. The advertisements make little sense to me after playing the game. I do believe however that some of the ads were intended to take place after Halo 5 i.e. the cloaked Master Chief with the guardian. As far as playing as Master Chief I missed that a lot. The hand full of mission we do get Chief was not enough to compensate for the time playing as Locke. For some reason I did not enjoy playing as Fire team Osiris, even though it is essentially the same as playing Arbiter in Halo 2. I guess it doesn't feel the same because you do not feel the story is still about Chief in 5 compared to 2 you still knew it was about him. What would have been a brilliant move was the missions that involved Fire team Osiris and Arbiter you played as the Arbiter. That may have been 3 different character you would play as, but I think that it would have really made fire team Osiris better to play as.
No electricity though haha
I felt like there was such a hype for the campaign and the whole "hunt the truth" thing, but then all we got was a really mediocre story that left in a cliffhanger. Imo Halo 5 was just Master Chief feeling bad, Locke hunting Chief and getting into one decent scuffle and then they're friends, Cortanna coming back (which is stupid) and becoming the villian? Then it just ends abruptly. Finish the actually story? Nah, they have to needlessly strech it out into the the next game. It just feels like what they promised and advertised isn't what the final product was. Multiplayer is good I suppose, but I don't want Halo to just be about multiplayer at the expense of having a decent story.
I did and do still enjoy it. It's the first time in Halo history that interactive elements from previous novels have been directly incorporated into the game, namely Blue Team.

I like the distinction between the multiplayer modes: Arena and Warzone. They cater for both the casual and more hardcore multiplayer fan. Forge is amazing and the visuals are sublime in the campaign, which happens to be my favourite part. It's also easier to digest compared to Halo 4 and you don't have to read through reams of novels beforehand to understand what's happening:

Mysterious force + Chief AWOL + Locke is pursuing him = simple

As for size, sure, you can barrel through each level if you want. But that's like eating an entire cheesecake in 30 seconds. Why would anyone do that? Savour it. Enjoy it.

I stopped many a time to take in the glorious skyboxes and surrounding terrain, hunt for Easter Eggs, skulls and generally take it all in. Marvellous!
Honestly, I did somewhat enjoy the game. But even still, it started on so many tangents, and even though I read a good chunk of the books (Minus the Forerunner trilogy and scant few others), I can't tell where the story is going with this.

It feels like the game and the story went from being the humans facing extinction at the hands of the Covenant, to humans now doing this whole cloak and dagger routine trying to sabotage the Elites since we acquired technology that puts us on par with their tech.

There is no motivation as to why we are even fighting the Covenant anymore other than the fact that they stand between us and the objective. Even the game does not convey and real emotion towards the loss and the sacrifice that it took for this story to have come as far as it did. Even though 4 was slightly off-putting, I still felt something from it. In this game, it just felt like I was just sitting through an expensive movie that I didn't even enjoy much.

I don't even want to get started on the game's vehicle and weapon sandbox, game mechanics, online only modes, and REQs.
So they -Yoink- up the multiplayer in H4, but had a pretty decent campaign (IMO). But, they switched around for H5..........well fack
I did and do still enjoy it. It's the first time in Halo history that interactive elements from previous novels have been directly incorporated into the game, namely Blue Team.

I like the distinction between the multiplayer modes: Arena and Warzone. They cater for both the casual and more hardcore multiplayer fan. Forge is amazing and the visuals are sublime in the campaign, which happens to be my favourite part. It's also easier to digest compared to Halo 4 and you don't have to read through reams of novels beforehand to understand what's happening:

Mysterious force + Chief AWOL + Locke is pursuing him = simple

As for size, sure, you can barrel through each level if you want. But that's like eating an entire cheesecake in 30 seconds. Why would anyone do that? Savour it. Enjoy it.

I stopped many a time to take in the glorious skyboxes and surrounding terrain, hunt for Easter Eggs, skulls and generally take it all in. Marvellous!
By the time I got to the 5th mission. I knew, I'd eventually kill myself if I tried to persevere. But seriously, I've loved every campaign to date and can play them non-stop. H5's the only campaign I can't stand and absolutely hate going through. I don't think the story's horrible, it's just the gameplay itself that slowly eats away at my brain.
That's hilarious. Can you imagine if they advertised Halo 3 like that? "An epic story and two new multiplayer modes, Action Sack and Infection, mark the greatest evolution in Halo history."
What is true is that halo is great again.
Ha. Yeah. Halo 5's marketing was almost as confounding as its story. For the record, I play way more Halo 5 than I played of Halo 4 or Halo: Reach. Halo 5 truly does have the smoothest, funnest Halo-est multiplayer and core gameplay for many a year. I maintain, though, that Halo 4 had the best story of any Halo game. So now we have Halo 4, with the best story, and Halo 5, with the best gameplay. My hope is that Halo 6 will combine these.
I still think about what I thought Halo 5 was gonna be about, and why, and the many things Halo 5 does not incorporate that it should have. And by "should have," I am including the marketing, which 100% aligned with my expectations for the plot of Halo 5, minus the giant robo cops.
I'm still skeptical Blue Team had as much dialogue in Halo 5 as they did in every one of their other Halo media combined. Not from scripted dialogue by a country mile.
Whoa whoa whoa. Did someone say that? That's just absurd. Even if you count throw-away lines like "there's a vent over here" or "watch out; jackals" that you don't pay attention to while you run through said vent and shoot said jackals, just... Fall of Reach, First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx, the Package, Glasslands, Escalation, Last Light... we've seen a lot of Blue Team.
Yeah, Halo 4's multiplayer was so bad that it completely bogged down the phenomenal, in-depth, character-driven campaign. We learned more about Chief and Cortana as people than in any other game, including the original trilogy. It's a shame it was immediately followed by Halo 5's destruction of Cortana's character..
I'm sorry, what are you talking about?
The guardians break the setting in half and the created reside in untouchable heaven-like land. Yeah, its only a pretty lame macguffin that's going to stop them.
Quote:
"Hunt the truth" Only to get slapped with your own BR in a non interactive cutscene.
''Epic story''

''Greatest evolution in Halo history''.

Stuff like this really bothers me. When you hear the makers utter these lines you know the product isn't that good.
I still really liked the campaign and I like how the coop is actually harder than single player.
Cyro XVX wrote:
Why can't we just stop complaining for once and be grateful that the Halo series is continuing and didn't pass away with Bungie?

Have some faith. I'm sure Halo 6 will be far better. -- I'm still willing to bet we will be seeing more Halo 5 content coming in the months ahead.
I'm glad I'm not the only one tired of all the crabbers.
Janfles wrote:
What is true is that halo is great again.
It never stopped being great. 343 just needs to be given a chance.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10