2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10
I just want to say. And the two new gametypes aee warzone and breakout. And 343 did do a lot of misleading teaser trailers for Halo 5.
Spoiler:
Show
The Dnend Legion
Justima wrote:
An unstoppable 343's lies threatens the Halo, and Master Chief is missing in the game. An mediocre story and two new multiplayer modes Warzone and Breakout mark the back step in Halo history.
Very well said.....kinda
At this very moment, in a system far from here, 343 LIES to the galaxy while secretly supporting the pocketbooks of Microsoft.
Justima wrote:
An unstoppable 343's lies threatens the Halo, and Master Chief is missing in the game. An mediocre story and two new multiplayer modes Warzone and Breakout mark the back step in Halo history.
dont hate. halo 5 is a great game. better then BO3 or starwars battlefront
Well it did put Earth without internet! :(
Yep, guess no one in the Halo universe is playing Halo 5... Oh wait, they couldn't in the first place. :-)
Just reading this line makes me cringe
Quote:
An unstoppable force threatens the galaxy, and the Master Chief is missing. An epic story and two new multiplayer modes mark the greatest evolution in Halo history.
Im not especially sure how its unstoppable, MC is missing or how there are 2 new gamemodes. But the story is really long.
I believe I know the problem. Microsoft advertised before 343 even knew their own story. that's why
HYv47 wrote:
I just want to say. And the two new gametypes aee warzone and breakout. And 343 did do a lot of misleading teaser trailers for Halo 5.
Spoiler:
Show

false. It was microsoft, not 343 who put out the trailers. They only had the gameplay and campaign trailers taken care of. E3 was all 343i, even the Hunt for the Truth. I mean it's all conflicting
Technically, the guardians haven't been stopped, and the 2 new game modes are warzone and warzone assault. And it seems a little to braggish to say that this is the biggest evolution in halo history. I'd say that the biggest evolution in halo was halo 2, because that's when the universe really expanded
HUNT THE TRUTH
Please tell me that this is not the official blurb on the Halo 5 game box!

I can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of this, how far off the mark it really is from the true story...
At this very moment, in a system far from here, 343 LIES to the galaxy while secretly supporting the pocketbooks of Microsoft.
I got the reference... :'D
well it happened. It's not like they can re-release Halo 5 lol
Cyro XVX wrote:
Okay, admittedly the marketing strategy for Halo 5 was misleading, but overall why can't we all just agree that the game is a good game, even though it lacks content, and other things? It's still fun to play, you're still coming back to the forums, you're still playing it. Why can't we just stop complaining for once and be grateful that the Halo series is continuing and didn't pass away with Bungie?

Have some faith. I'm sure Halo 6 will be far better. -- I'm still willing to bet we will be seeing more Halo 5 content coming in the months ahead.
no of-course not?
I'm not having faith until I see the MP for halo 6.
PERIOD
Master Chief was missing because he was only playable in 3 levels.
Lol. yeah and we played 12 missions as fireteam Osiris. 2 of them we did not even know who the hell they were. Only Buck and Lock to some degree. Should have been 8-7 or 9-6 make it much more even like Halo 2 with Chief and the Arbiter. But the story was mediocre anyway. Unless the trailers are actually for Halo 6.
I love how no one reads the original post and just assumes it's a discussion about what was advertised vs what we got.

If if you read the original post, you'll realize it doesn't make sense, and every post after this is irrelevant.

This thread sits on a throne of lies #Huntthelies
HALO 5 ok campain very good mp.
all the people moaning about the ad campaign being a lie. its a long standing halo tradition just go look at the halo 2 ad campaign that was all lies as well.
Yeah! Bungie lied to us so therefor it is absolutely okay for 343i to do the eact same!

Bungie lie: You are going to play as MC and defend Earth.
Reaction: Okay sounds cool.

Reality: As MC we fight for Eath in three missions before going to Delta Halo and back. We are introduced to and get to play as the Arbiter who was another badass with an epic story and character development. The Flood make a return and you get to personally watch as the Covenant, a once unstoppable force beging to crumble.

Reaction: We get once of the most epic stories ever told and the greatest Halo campaign.
Your reaction: They lied to us.

We got far more than we bargained for in Halo 2's story, in other words, the exact opposite of how "halo" 5 and 343i lied.

Let me guess, do you want to talk about how they both had cliffhangers and therefor it is okay?
To be fair, the force wasn't stopped in H5 which seems kinda unstoppable.
Sure but MC wasn't missing either...they know exactly where he was without much effort and it was supposed to be hunting down Chief because he was being framed for a crime that he didn't commit (HuntTheTruth) and none of that happened.
"The darkest Halo story yet"

Only cause the guardians fried the lights on Earth
To be fair, the Beta was really dark it was hard to see anything.
Now Eden has fallen victim to a stupidly bright skybox with a blinding pulse of light every 30 seconds.

Still too bright for the darkest Halo
Cerberzok wrote:
Janfles wrote:
What is true is that halo is great again.
It never stopped being great. 343 just needs to be given a chance.
Halo Legends was disgusting.
Did far more bad than good to Reach.
"halo" 4 was a missed abortion.
MCC was (and still is) a disaster.
"halo" 5's story was a joke and it released far too content light than what is acceptable (for a Halo game).
Can't speak for Spartan Ops/Strike, but I don't recall those ever being praised.
Haven't read the books lately, but I've heard most of them have gotten quite subpar (in addition to some of the continuing that crappy science FANTASY garbage in "halo" 4).
Nightfall was less than stellar.
Halo Wars 2 already announced the "Welcome to the Ark" DLC and the season pass content 8 months (or more) before release for a game they plan to support for about 6 months.

Am I missing anything?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10