Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The lies are real...

OP Weeb69Hunter

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 10
I only want a good campaing, the story is good but there are too much hype for the marketing campaing
Personally I was kinda relieved that we didn't get the advertised story because at the end of H4 MC had just saved the -Yoinking!- world again and I thought the whole MC being a traitor and being hunted by the unsc was -Yoinking!- stupid. While I didn't like Cortana being the villain it made sense why MC would go AWOL and for the unsc to go after him because he was emotional and not thinking straight.
Yeah... nope master chief was never missing
Justima wrote:
An unstoppable 343's lies threatens the Halo, and Master Chief is missing in the game. An mediocre story and two new multiplayer modes Warzone and Breakout mark the back step in Halo history.
Well said.
all the people moaning about the ad campaign being a lie. its a long standing halo tradition just go look at the halo 2 ad campaign that was all lies as well.
Yeah! Bungie lied to us so therefor it is absolutely okay for 343i to do the eact same!

Bungie lie: You are going to play as MC and defend Earth.
Reaction: Okay sounds cool.

Reality: As MC we fight for Eath in three missions before going to Delta Halo and back. We are introduced to and get to play as the Arbiter who was another badass with an epic story and character development. The Flood make a return and you get to personally watch as the Covenant, a once unstoppable force beging to crumble.

Reaction: We get once of the most epic stories ever told and the greatest Halo campaign.
Your reaction: They lied to us.

We got far more than we bargained for in Halo 2's story, in other words, the exact opposite of how "halo" 5 and 343i lied.

Let me guess, do you want to talk about how they both had cliffhangers and therefor it is okay?
You mean Bungie's lie of "The Earth will never be the same again" and expecting an actual Covenant invasion? Chief did more invading to the Covenant than the Covenant did to Earth.

Reality: One ship accidentally makes it into Earth and immediately high tails it out of there, most of Halo takes place on Delta Halo or High Charity.

Or people not liking the Arbiter initially because it took action away from the Chief (weird, just like Halo 5)

Or how Chief (and the USNC in general) didn't even do anything of importance in Halo 2 that wasn't already planned?

  • "Give the Covenant back their bomb" - Nope, sheer accident of being there and the Covenant were already on Earth
  • Defeats Covenant on Earth - They were leaving anyway, again, accident.
  • Punches Regret in the face till he dies - Truth wanted this to happen anyway, if not planned to kill him in other means and he planned for the Brutes to take over from the beginning.
  • Chase Truth & Mercy through High Charity - Mercy was betrayed, Truth still escapes
The most important thing the humans did was remove the Activation Index at the end of the game. It wasn't Chief's game, it was Arbiter's with Chief tagging along sometimes.

Then you got the cliffhanger (which again, was just more Arbiter with Chief throwing a one-liner at the end), with content cut off and put in Halo 3

Quote:
An unstoppable force threatens the galaxy, and the Master Chief is missing. An epic story and two new multiplayer modes mark the greatest evolution in Halo history.
I think the summary of the game was actually better than the game...
You are absolutely allowed to have that opinion. You can think Halo 5 is the worst game in the series. I don't care. That's your opinion. I disagree with it, but that's not the point I'm making here.
My problem with what you said is that you presented a problem, but did not offer a solution. You complained about the game not being good, but did not come up with any way to make it better.
Should've been called: Halo 5 Combat Devolved...
Lol come on people. .... a lot of good points here but above all for the most part we were mostly happy with halo5 and I'm sure six will be better! Yes hope the story / campaign gets better. As far as two new playlists i doubt it. ... probably going to give us koth and classic and because they haven't done it yet or before they call ur new lol. .... breakout was basically their pro playlist, their attempts in making that no radar slayer mode..... but as i said above halo5 was still a + for me they have us lots of content and because they didn't do it all at once i liked that cuz it kept me wanting the next playable content each month. .... instead of just pushing it all on u at once....... this was smart keeping people coming back. ...
V0LTEDGE wrote:
we were mostly happy with halo5
We were? Hm... guess I must have imagined the last eight months with all those complaints, low sales and population drops...
all the people moaning about the ad campaign being a lie. its a long standing halo tradition just go look at the halo 2 ad campaign that was all lies as well.
Yeah! Bungie lied to us so therefor it is absolutely okay for 343i to do the eact same!

Bungie lie: You are going to play as MC and defend Earth.
Reaction: Okay sounds cool.

Reality: As MC we fight for Eath in three missions before going to Delta Halo and back. We are introduced to and get to play as the Arbiter who was another badass with an epic story and character development. The Flood make a return and you get to personally watch as the Covenant, a once unstoppable force beging to crumble.

Reaction: We get once of the most epic stories ever told and the greatest Halo campaign.
Your reaction: They lied to us.

We got far more than we bargained for in Halo 2's story, in other words, the exact opposite of how "halo" 5 and 343i lied.

Let me guess, do you want to talk about how they both had cliffhangers and therefor it is okay?
You mean Bungie's lie of "The Earth will never be the same again" and expecting an actual Covenant invasion? Chief did more invading to the Covenant than the Covenant did to Earth.

Reality: One ship accidentally makes it into Earth and immediately high tails it out of there, most of Halo takes place on Delta Halo or High Charity.

Or people not liking the Arbiter initially because it took action away from the Chief (weird, just like Halo 5)

Or how Chief (and the USNC in general) didn't even do anything of importance in Halo 2 that wasn't already planned?

  • "Give the Covenant back their bomb" - Nope, sheer accident of being there and the Covenant were already on Earth
  • Defeats Covenant on Earth - They were leaving anyway, again, accident.
  • Punches Regret in the face till he dies - Truth wanted this to happen anyway, if not planned to kill him in other means and he planned for the Brutes to take over from the beginning.
  • Chase Truth & Mercy through High Charity - Mercy was betrayed, Truth still escapes
The most important thing the humans did was remove the Activation Index at the end of the game. It wasn't Chief's game, it was Arbiter's with Chief tagging along sometimes.

Then you got the cliffhanger (which again, was just more Arbiter with Chief throwing a one-liner at the end), with content cut off and put in Halo 3
MC did everything?, did you see the countless ships in Earths orbit?, it was one the biggest fleet battles in Halo's history and chief couldn't do anything, we even had marines that actually did something useless like holding their own unlike the Spartans in H5 where there practically useless.

Chief blow up 1 ship while countless others had to deal with the brute of the force. I don't remember anyone complaining about playing as the Arbiter...in fact I hear the exact opposite because it had a good mix of both and was fun to use the active-cameo in the campaign.

Also he didn't defeat the Covenant on Earth...quite a lot of them were still on Earth when the prophet left...which is why Odst happened, we even had the Brutes which was one the biggest new factions that added some much more depth. It's like you're trying to find faults in H2 story when there wasn't, it was one of first games where the cliffhanger bugged me because I was so engaged in the story.

Halo 5 never did this for me, sure I might be curious about the Halo ring in the H5 cliffhanger and Infinity on the run (Makes a change since got tired of the Infinity being feared by most) and the sudden ending but let's be honest Halo 5's campaign was not memorable and it felt like most of the game was about finding the same rehashed Eternal Wardens over, over and added nothing new the Halo universe except over powered boss's that a lot of us can't stand.
"Two New Multiplayer Modes" should have had an asterisk next to it that said

*But at the cost of having a ton of Classic game modes not available at launch or at all.
ronnie42 wrote:
I don't remember anyone complaining about playing as the Arbiter...in fact I hear the exact opposite because it had a good mix of both and was fun to use the active-cameo in the campaign.
Then either you haven't been around on the forums or you just have forgotten. The Arbiter was almost unanimously hated as a player character, which is one of the reasons why he was delegated to NPC (and Coop-stand-in) in Halo 3. I still hate the Arbiter-levels to this day and consider Halo 2 to have the worst campaign of the original trilogy, only "surpassed" by Reach and the abysmal H5G. I'm still uncertain why that game recently received such a re-appreciation. Probably because the bar has been lowered so much ever since...
Seeing as you mention the mechanics: While it was neat to toy around with the camo module for the first five minutes or so, it wore off pretty fast, and it was useless on higher difficulties. Also, seeing as the Arbiter-levels usually played in the dark (Gas mine, Quarantine zone) I would have actually prefered having the flashlight most of the time.
ronnie42 wrote:
all the people moaning about the ad campaign being a lie. its a long standing halo tradition just go look at the halo 2 ad campaign that was all lies as well.
Yeah! Bungie lied to us so therefor it is absolutely okay for 343i to do the eact same!

Bungie lie: You are going to play as MC and defend Earth.
Reaction: Okay sounds cool.

Reality: As MC we fight for Eath in three missions before going to Delta Halo and back. We are introduced to and get to play as the Arbiter who was another badass with an epic story and character development. The Flood make a return and you get to personally watch as the Covenant, a once unstoppable force beging to crumble.

Reaction: We get once of the most epic stories ever told and the greatest Halo campaign.
Your reaction: They lied to us.

We got far more than we bargained for in Halo 2's story, in other words, the exact opposite of how "halo" 5 and 343i lied.

Let me guess, do you want to talk about how they both had cliffhangers and therefor it is okay?
You mean Bungie's lie of "The Earth will never be the same again" and expecting an actual Covenant invasion? Chief did more invading to the Covenant than the Covenant did to Earth.

Reality: One ship accidentally makes it into Earth and immediately high tails it out of there, most of Halo takes place on Delta Halo or High Charity.

Or people not liking the Arbiter initially because it took action away from the Chief (weird, just like Halo 5)

Or how Chief (and the USNC in general) didn't even do anything of importance in Halo 2 that wasn't already planned?

  • "Give the Covenant back their bomb" - Nope, sheer accident of being there and the Covenant were already on Earth
  • Defeats Covenant on Earth - They were leaving anyway, again, accident.
  • Punches Regret in the face till he dies - Truth wanted this to happen anyway, if not planned to kill him in other means and he planned for the Brutes to take over from the beginning.
  • Chase Truth & Mercy through High Charity - Mercy was betrayed, Truth still escapes
The most important thing the humans did was remove the Activation Index at the end of the game. It wasn't Chief's game, it was Arbiter's with Chief tagging along sometimes.

Then you got the cliffhanger (which again, was just more Arbiter with Chief throwing a one-liner at the end), with content cut off and put in Halo 3
MC did everything?, did you see the countless ships in Earths orbit?, it was one the biggest fleet battles in Halo's history and chief couldn't do anything, we even had marines that actually did something useless like holding their own unlike the Spartans in H5 where there practically useless.

Chief blow up 1 ship while countless others had to deal with the brute of the force. I don't remember anyone complaining about playing as the Arbiter...in fact I hear the exact opposite because it had a good mix of both and was fun to use the active-cameo in the campaign.

Also he didn't defeat the Covenant on Earth...quite a lot of them were still on Earth when the prophet left...which is why Odst happened, we even had the Brutes which was one the biggest new factions that added some much more depth. It's like you're trying to find faults in H2 story when there wasn't, it was one of first games where the cliffhanger bugged me because I was so engaged in the story.

Halo 5 never did this for me, sure I might be curious about the Halo ring in the H5 cliffhanger and Infinity on the run (Makes a change since got tired of the Infinity being feared by most) and the sudden ending but let's be honest Halo 5's campaign was not memorable and it felt like most of the game was about finding the same rehashed Eternal Wardens over, over and added nothing new the Halo universe except over powered boss's that a lot of us can't stand.
I'm not trying to say Halo 2 had a bad story or anything (IMO I didn't care too much until the Schism actually started), but from Chief's point of view, everything was just...bare. The biggest thing that happened with him was leaving Cortana behind, because that set up all of Halo 3. The Covenant side was great and everything, that why I said Halo 2 was the Arbiter's story, with Chief popping up here and there.

I didn't mean to say defeat the Covenant like they were all wiped out. I guess I was just pointing to him getting a tank and clearing the way and then defeating the Scarab before leaving.

The point is, we ended up with a game different from what was "promised", with a character Chief had to share the story with, getting little interaction between them (arguably less than Chief and Locke did), with a cliffhanger at the end that only mildly involved Chief, just like Halo 5 did.

ODST did Halo 2's original vision better than Halo 2 did.
Worst and sad thing about it all this, is that I was sooOO on the Hype train, watching all the trailers, epsecially the one where Chief pulls out a gun on Locke with the PeaceKeeper pose. So hyped for the game. I think I was more excited during pre-release than when I was actually playing the game.
all the people moaning about the ad campaign being a lie. its a long standing halo tradition just go look at the halo 2 ad campaign that was all lies as well.
Yeah! Bungie lied to us so therefor it is absolutely okay for 343i to do the eact same!

Bungie lie: You are going to play as MC and defend Earth.
Reaction: Okay sounds cool.

Reality: As MC we fight for Eath in three missions before going to Delta Halo and back. We are introduced to and get to play as the Arbiter who was another badass with an epic story and character development. The Flood make a return and you get to personally watch as the Covenant, a once unstoppable force beging to crumble.

Reaction: We get once of the most epic stories ever told and the greatest Halo campaign.
Your reaction: They lied to us.

We got far more than we bargained for in Halo 2's story, in other words, the exact opposite of how "halo" 5 and 343i lied.

Let me guess, do you want to talk about how they both had cliffhangers and therefor it is okay?
You mean Bungie's lie of "The Earth will never be the same again" and expecting an actual Covenant invasion? Chief did more invading to the Covenant than the Covenant did to Earth.

Reality: One ship accidentally makes it into Earth and immediately high tails it out of there, most of Halo takes place on Delta Halo or High Charity.
Not enitely a lie. Compare Earth prior to H2 and after H3. The Covenant came, did some damage, left, came back (and the Flood did as well), and did some more damage.
Quote:
Or people not liking the Arbiter initially because it took action away from the Chief (weird, just like Halo 5)
Over simplification. The difference are significant.
If you replaced either the MC or Arbiter's roles, it would make absolutely no sense due to how different their stories, allies, and enemies are. In "halo" 5 you could swith their roles, or heck, completely get rid of Osiris and the story could progess more or less the same.

I never said anything about the Arbiter being or not liked, and you are making way too broad of a statement. The Arbiter also had a great personality, and epic story, and he completely changed by the end. Locke on the other hand... Eh, I've met marine NPCs I've liked more.
Quote:
Or how Chief (and the USNC in general) didn't even do anything of importance in Halo 2 that wasn't already planned?
"Give the Covenant back their bomb" - Nope, sheer accident of being there and the Covenant were already on Earth
Defeats Covenant on Earth - They were leaving anyway, again, accident.
"We most definitely Regret the corp just beat up our raggedy -Yoink- fleet!"
"OOH RAW!"

So you are saying if the UNSC wasn't kicking the Covenant's -Yoinks!- they would have left because they accidentally found it?
Doesn't change the fact the UNSC got to kick the Covenant's -Yoink- for a change.

Don't forget Miranda Keys and Johnson got the Index first, but getting captured ironically is why they were able to deactivate Delta Halo.
Quote:
Punches Regret in the face till he dies - Truth wanted this to happen anyway, if not planned to kill him in other means and he planned for the Brutes to take over from the beginning.
If I recall correctly, Truth letting Regret die was his way of punishment for losing the battle at Earth and leading the UNSC to Delta Halo. He just blamed the elites as his excuse for letting Regret die.
Quote:
Then you got the cliffhanger (which again, was just more Arbiter with Chief throwing a one-liner at the end), with content cut off and put in Halo 3
Unlike what 343 is currently doing, Halo 2 planned on having an ending and closure, plus it actually had a good story in the process.
ronnie42 wrote:
all the people moaning about the ad campaign being a lie. its a long standing halo tradition just go look at the halo 2 ad campaign that was all lies as well.
Yeah! Bungie lied to us so therefor it is absolutely okay for 343i to do the eact same!

Bungie lie: You are going to play as MC and defend Earth.
Reaction: Okay sounds cool.

Reality: As MC we fight for Eath in three missions before going to Delta Halo and back. We are introduced to and get to play as the Arbiter who was another badass with an epic story and character development. The Flood make a return and you get to personally watch as the Covenant, a once unstoppable force beging to crumble.

Reaction: We get once of the most epic stories ever told and the greatest Halo campaign.
Your reaction: They lied to us.

We got far more than we bargained for in Halo 2's story, in other words, the exact opposite of how "halo" 5 and 343i lied.

Let me guess, do you want to talk about how they both had cliffhangers and therefor it is okay?
I'm not trying to say Halo 2 had a bad story or anything (IMO I didn't care too much until the Schism actually started), but from Chief's point of view, everything was just...bare. The biggest thing that happened with him was leaving Cortana behind, because that set up all of Halo 3. The Covenant side was great and everything, that why I said Halo 2 was the Arbiter's story, with Chief popping up here and there.

I didn't mean to say defeat the Covenant like they were all wiped out. I guess I was just pointing to him getting a tank and clearing the way and then defeating the Scarab before leaving.

The point is, we ended up with a game different from what was "promised", with a character Chief had to share the story with, getting little interaction between them (arguably less than Chief and Locke did), with a cliffhanger at the end that only mildly involved Chief, just like Halo 5 did.

ODST did Halo 2's original vision better than Halo 2 did.
Sure but things like John defeating the scarab was what made his campaign so epic. Not clear on what was promised but did feel like we got a worthwhile story, it didn't feel like a chore like H5 was.
Just reading this line makes me cringe
Quote:
An unstoppable force threatens the galaxy, and the Master Chief is missing. An epic story and two new multiplayer modes mark the greatest evolution in Halo history.
Im not especially sure how its unstoppable, MC is missing or how there are 2 new gamemodes. But the story is really long.
Breakout, nobody likes it xD\
and Warzone.
Just reading this line makes me cringe
Quote:
An unstoppable force threatens the galaxy, and the Master Chief is missing. An epic story and two new multiplayer modes mark the greatest evolution in Halo history.
Im not especially sure how its unstoppable, MC is missing or how there are 2 new gamemodes. But the story is really long.
MC is missing his only friend. they forgot that part.
Celestis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
I don't remember anyone complaining about playing as the Arbiter...in fact I hear the exact opposite because it had a good mix of both and was fun to use the active-cameo in the campaign.
Then either you haven't been around on the forums or you just have forgotten. The Arbiter was almost unanimously hated as a player character, which is one of the reasons why he was delegated to NPC (and Coop-stand-in) in Halo 3. I still hate the Arbiter-levels to this day and consider Halo 2 to have the worst campaign of the original trilogy, only "surpassed" by Reach and the abysmal H5G. I'm still uncertain why that game recently received such a re-appreciation. Probably because the bar has been lowered so much ever since...
Seeing as you mention the mechanics: While it was neat to toy around with the camo module for the first five minutes or so, it wore off pretty fast, and it was useless on higher difficulties. Also, seeing as the Arbiter-levels usually played in the dark (Gas mine, Quarantine zone) I would have actually prefered having the flashlight most of the time.
Firstly I've been here as far back Halo Waypoint existed and well before 343i took over. The 'feet first' badge clearly shows I was one of the 1st to join Halo Waypoint after moving from Bungie's website, even my stats imported over that show that I played Halo 2 back in the day on Halo Waypoint due to the imported stats...but anyway no I haven't forgotten anything. I never got rid of Halo 2, even bought it for MCC, Vista and I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone in the real world ever complain about being the Arbiter, sure I've heard 'some' complain on this website only but barely ever and the complaints to me makes no sense. The fact that you think Halo 2 is one of the worst campaigns really scares me because it was one the best campaigns in the franchise.

The mechanic's were ground breaking for the type, no it wasn't a 5 minute mess around...that makes no sense, it became such a big deal with things like the cameo, hijacking that it became a core part of the series in the later games. The Cameo was NOT useless on Legendary, I'm baffled as to why you couldn't use it correctly. As for the flashlight...sure I'd love to see that return too but I'd also like to see Halo games become more mature again, get back the gritty look with blood splashing out, etc..
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 10