1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. ...
  8. 13
Far too much downtime in Firefight. The spawns 200m away from objective must stop. The challenge needs to be skill-based, not luck-based.
One of the fights I couldn't understand is when they spawned a Mantis inside a base and had him protected by like 10 soldiers. Can't bring heavy weapons in there or the soldiers will kill you, can't kill the soldiers cause then you don't do anything to the Mantis. Maybe the main issue was I was the only one attacking it.. But still, horrible spawn location.
Sorry, no TL;DR. This is much too complicated to explain in just 2 sentences. I still encourage everyone to read this and have a few thoughts about how 343I should go about resolving WZFF's difficulty problem.

Great read. You got most of the things right, except number 6. I agree that req weapons need to be useful, but I think a lot of people aren't seeing the bigger picture, the deeper, underlying issue with the req system and the enemies health and damage. Let me explain why you're wrong about this aspect.
Warzone firefight is clearly balanced on req usage, but reqs are what make the fights fair and reasonable, but only for a short time. Because of this, naturally, the loadout weapons become near useless for long term engagements. Players need to use req weapons most of the time, though. To make matters worse, players have a finite amount of req items, not enough req energy, and not enough post-game returns to be able to use them consistently. And herein lies the dilemma.

Do we leave enemies at the annoying level of health and damage but increase req gains? Or do we drastically increase req energy refill times, but drastically decrease enemy health and damage?
Its a tough decision, as both seem to achieve the same thing. But let's look at the pros and cons of each one.

Option 1: leaving enemies at current state, but increasing req energy rate, and req rewards post game.
  • Pros
  1. Players spend more time using their favorite req items and getting a chance to experiment in battle with new ones.
  2. (if reqs are rewarded for good performance)Players can more easily gain certifications for more req items to test in battle, as packs will be a form of rewards for the end of matches.
  3. Trading reqs could become a strategy in game, as they are more abundant and easier to buy, giving players more of a chance to experiment with other req items they have yet to obtain.
  • Cons
  1. Enemies are still very powerful and very bullet spongy.
  2. Weapons will still feel very weak, thus leading players to feel less useful in battle.
  3. (if reqs are not rewarded at all after matches) Players will burn through more cards then they can earn, thus pressuring them to use less items per match, rendering the player less useful and effective than a player who, A) pays real money to refil on reqs or B) has significantly more playtime, and already has a large stockpile of reqs.
As you can see, this option does not solve the problem firefight is having; bosses still have high damage outputs, and unreasonably high health. However, in the short term aspect, this could be more fun for players that have a lot of reqs they have not dared to even try. But they still are at risk for being one-shot KO before getting a chance to use the req. Onto the next Option.

Option 2: Decreasing the recharge rate drastically, but also decreasing enemy health and damage just as much or more.
  • Pros
  1. Enemies are much weaker, thus they are much more manageable with loadout weapons.
  2. Matches do not rely on everyone spawning the most powerful reqs to take down large quantities of enemies.
  3. Reqs feel much more powerful against enemies because of their decreased health, thus making them worth spawning.
  4. Powerful reqs can kill more than 1-3 powerful enemies.
  5. Boss fights become inherently easier with loadout weapons, but spawning reqs can still be very helpful. Reqs are not necessary.
  6. Players can begin to stockpile req items because they do not need to use as many in battle, thus allowing players to use more powerful reqs during emergency situations.
  • Cons
  1. Powerful req items may be reserved for the more skilled players, as they will be able to spawn them before less skilled players who have yet to get more kills. Snowball effect leads to less enemies alive for less skilled players to find and kill.
  2. Req items obtain a high level of value, possibly leading to unecessary hiding from battle to avoid enemy engagements when spawning extremely valuable reqs such as oathsworn, prophets bane, nornfang, etc. (Minor impact, as the rest of the team can still deal with the enemies with loadout weapons.)
  3. Players will be using less req items during the match, which may make the game mode seem boring for some.
As you can see with this solution, players may feel bored with using just a few req items per match. They may feel bored simply using a battlerifle the majority of the match. However, this does fix the underlying problem that many players are facing with warzone firefight, the very high health and damage dealing enemies. Because this solution fixes the most issues warzone firefight faces, I believe it is the correct solution. Your option, and my option 1, are simply too narrow to deal with the majority of the problems with WZFF. There are problems much deeper that are the cause of high health and damage enemies, and this solution fixes them.

I hope you take this into deep consideration, as well as 343I members. It would be great to hear their opinion on these solutions.
Sorry, no TL;DR. This is much too complicated to explain in just 2 sentences. I still encourage everyone to read this and have a few thoughts about how 343I should go about resolving WZFF's difficulty problem.

Great read. You got most of the things right, except number 6. I agree that req weapons need to be useful, but I think a lot of people aren't seeing the bigger picture, the deeper, underlying issue with the req system and the enemies health and damage. Let me explain why you're wrong about this aspect.
Warzone firefight is clearly balanced on req usage, but reqs are what make the fights fair and reasonable, but only for a short time. Because of this, naturally, the loadout weapons become near useless for long term engagements. Players need to use req weapons most of the time, though. To make matters worse, players have a finite amount of req items, not enough req energy, and not enough post-game returns to be able to use them consistently. And herein lies the dilemma.

Do we leave enemies at the annoying level of health and damage but increase req gains? Or do we drastically increase req energy refill times, but drastically decrease enemy health and damage?
Its a tough decision, as both seem to achieve the same thing. But let's look at the pros and cons of each one.

Option 1: leaving enemies at current state, but increasing req energy rate, and req rewards post game.
  • Pros
  1. Players spend more time using their favorite req items and getting a chance to experiment in battle with new ones.
  2. (if reqs are rewarded for good performance)Players can more easily gain certifications for more req items to test in battle, as packs will be a form of rewards for the end of matches.
  3. Trading reqs could become a strategy in game, as they are more abundant and easier to buy, giving players more of a chance to experiment with other req items they have yet to obtain.
  • Cons
  2. Weapons will still feel very weak, thus leading players to feel less useful in battle.
  3. (if reqs are not rewarded at all after matches) Players will burn through more cards then they can earn, thus pressuring them to use less items per match, rendering the player less useful and effective than a player who, A) pays real money to refil on reqs or B) has significantly more playtime, and already has a large stockpile of reqs.
As you can see, this option does not solve the problem firefight is having; bosses still have high damage outputs, and unreasonably high health. However, in the short term aspect, this could be more fun for players that have a lot of reqs they have not dared to even try. But they still are at risk for being one-shot KO before getting a chance to use the req. Onto the next Option.

Option 2: Decreasing the recharge rate drastically, but also decreasing enemy health and damage just as much or more.
  • Pros
  1. Enemies are much weaker, thus they are much more manageable with loadout weapons.
  2. Matches do not rely on everyone spawning the most powerful reqs to take down large quantities of enemies.
  3. Reqs feel much more powerful against enemies because of their decreased health, thus making them worth spawning.
  5. Boss fights become inherently easier with loadout weapons, but spawning reqs can still be very helpful. Reqs are not necessary.
  6. Players can begin to stockpile req items because they do not need to use as many in battle, thus allowing players to use more powerful reqs during emergency situations.
  • Cons
  1. Powerful req items may be reserved for the more skilled players, as they will be able to spawn them before less skilled players who have yet to get more kills. Snowball effect leads to less enemies alive for less skilled players to find and kill.
  2. Req items obtain a high level of value, possibly leading to unecessary hiding from battle to avoid enemy engagements when spawning extremely valuable reqs such as oathsworn, prophets bane, nornfang, etc. (Minor impact, as the rest of the team can still deal with the enemies with loadout weapons.)
  3. Players will be using less req items during the match, which may make the game mode seem boring for some.
As you can see with this solution, players may feel bored with using just a few req items per match. They may feel bored simply using a battlerifle the majority of the match. However, this does fix the underlying problem that many players are facing with warzone firefight, the very high health and damage dealing enemies. Because this solution fixes the most issues warzone firefight faces, I believe it is the correct solution. Your option, and my option 1, are simply too narrow to deal with the majority of the problems with WZFF. There are problems much deeper that are the cause of high health and damage enemies, and this solution fixes them.

I hope you take this into deep consideration, as well as 343I members. It would be great to hear their opinion on these solutions.
Thank you for such detailed feedback! I enjoyed reading your response and I hope 343 seeing it as well. I am not sure which option is entirely better but I do like the sound of better rewards for beating firefight and playing firefight because at the moment I have had to take a break from firefight simply because I am running out of my vehicle reqs from it and my req packs seem to want to give is more scout warthogs or chaingun warthogs...Either way though grade reply mate!

• Pros
  • Cons

• Pros
  • Cons

Thank you for such detailed feedback! I enjoyed reading your response and I hope 343 seeing it as well. I am not sure which option is entirely better but I do like the sound of better rewards for beating firefight and playing firefight because at the moment I have had to take a break from firefight simply because I am running out of my vehicle reqs from it and my req packs seem to want to give is more scout warthogs or chaingun warthogs...Either way though grade reply mate!
Well, the thing is, the current req gains wouldn't really need to change with option 2. Players aren't really using that many reqs, so the req gains are balanced in this scenario. Currently, from my experience, players can only achieve a maximum of 2800 RP for winning a match at 1st place. Enough for a silver pack after two matches, but that is assuming the player can remain consistent with their wins and performance long enough to keep getting max req gains. Obviously this won't happen for the majority of players, as many people are losing more matches than they are completing. Rewarding more reqs could work, but we still have the problem of high HP and damage enemies. If there was an option 3, it would be much like option 2, but players are still rewarded with even more reqs than they spend, similar to option 1. This may prove to be superior to option 1 or option 2, as it mixes the pros together so there are very few cons.
How about making exception to Firefight mode?
Make it possible to refill power weapon ammo at station. This way you don't have to rely on vehicles most of time.
But if you die, you lose the weapon to refill.
This will encourage people to stay alive, get better and experiment bunch of weapon.

I don't know how pros could be this disparaging from average gamers since 343i got feedback from those pros.
I really want pros that tested firefight comment here.

I understand it is easier to adjust from higher difficulty like many other games. So we have to be patient while giving feedback.
Make it possible to refill power weapon ammo at station. This way you don't have to rely on vehicles most of time.
This will encourage people to stay alive, get better and experiment bunch of weapon.

I don't know how pros could be this disparaging from average gamers since 343i got feedback from those pros.

I understand it is easier to adjust from higher difficulty like many other games. So we have to be patient while giving feedback.
Has 343 said that Pros/Pro Players were the ones that tested Firefight?

Just curious.
I just hope 343 balance this gamemode to be more fun and a good challenge. I would recommend more ammo on loadouts too

Has 343 said that Pros/Pro Players were the ones that tested Firefight?

Just curious.
Hope they don't, the game needs opinion from everybody
Magnyss wrote:
Far too much downtime in Firefight. The spawns 200m away from objective must stop. The challenge needs to be skill-based, not luck-based.
A select spawn location like reach would be perfect
Magnyss wrote:
A select spawn location like reach would be perfect
YES PLEASE!!
lFerdovvs wrote:
Whats people's problem man? Really? Did you guys never played FF in reach? Damn. It is supposed to be really hard and that you can't win it easily. I win around 60% of my games and I try really hard and spawn a lot, but thats the fun part I think. If they start nerving FF it will destroy the game type.

The only thing that should me nerved imo is the aim of AI at long range, thats it. Close range AI should have OP aim. Do you miss yourself when you are close to an AI? No, so why should the AI miss.

People are way too lazy and just want an easy game type. FF was never easy and I hope it will never be. The beta was way too easy.
Im not saying that firefight needs to be easier, im saying that the accuracy and range should be fixed just lik eyou said, the ai have too good of an accuray as knights and soldiers can snipe you from 100s of meters away with lightrifles and how tanky the bosses. I think that firefight should require more skill and strategy than just spawn a few tanks, wraith ultras and banshees. Bosses should do have special abilities, not just be huge bullet sponges, different enemies should have strengths, weaknesses, and that req weapons have an actual use in the gametype.

The only req weapons used in firefight are the railgun and spartan laser to take out phaetons and banshees, other than that just vehicles. Weapons run out of ammo quickly and you normally have no extra health or speed like a vehicle would, (Unless you spawn a mythic, which imo would be a waste in ff). Also some rounds in ff are just way too damn hard.

The three wardens and knights in Urban is normally an instant loss unless you have teammates that spawn TONS of ultra rare and legendary vehicles as the amount of soldiers, knights and crawlers that spawn is just insane. To add insult to injury, there are also two wraith ultras that just snipe you with their meticulous aim and sometimes your vehicles spawn right near the wardens which just emp you over and over again. Also the defend the garage and armory are insanely hard as well...

The only easy rounds are to defend the cores, and kill x amount of jackals, crawlers, grunts, and the ghosts. I really love what 343 did with firefight as it created some intense moments which could be remembered in another 10 years when you remember the game again. But the infuriatingly hard defend the garage on arc just makes me and friends salty about the update instead of happy about how fun firefight is...

Please nerf the accuracy of the ai, and the banshee bomb damage as they can one shot brand new tanks... I really want the bosses to be more challenging then huge bullet sponges and make weapons regen ammo from req stations like how vehicles have infinite ammo

• Pros
  • Cons

• Pros
  • Cons

Option 2 is a better option, how ever i think that the levelling up system should change that so everyone levels up near the same level, E.G Normally a player could be REQ 5 and the other 9, with the new change, player 1 would be req 7, and the other 9, to help lower lvls gain reqs. But just adding the option of replenishing ammo by going to req stations make weapons more usable, maybe be using a cooldown system or etc, as vehicles have infinite ammo and extra shields and sometimes speed, whereas weapons normally have extra damage which runs out, and normally no extra health benefits like a tank...
Some of the rounds are nearly impossible and I'm really tired of having to run around and find what I need to kill because I either don't spawn near them or there's no indicators so I don't know where to go.

Apex 7 is for sure the worst FF map.
Arex v10 wrote:

• Pros
  • Cons

• Pros
  • Cons

Option 2 is a better option, how ever i think that the levelling up system should change that so everyone levels up near the same level, E.G Normally a player could be REQ 5 and the other 9, with the new change, player 1 would be req 7, and the other 9, to help lower lvls gain reqs. But just adding the option of replenishing ammo by going to req stations make weapons more usable, maybe be using a cooldown system or etc, as vehicles have infinite ammo and extra shields and sometimes speed, whereas weapons normally have extra damage which runs out, and normally no extra health benefits like a tank...
I think a good idea would be that everyone levels up at the same rate. This is a team effort, after all. There shouldn't be many players at level 3 while a few are at level 9. Everyone should level up at the same time. It would make everything a lot more team oriented.

1. AI Are Bullet Sponges: I hated this aspect of Destiny and do not like it in Halo 5 either. To make the AI or bosses more challenging they should try adding more dodge and defense actions as well as THE USE OF COVER. The AI overall never do anything except for sit in one spot and move around in a small radius while sitting in the open eating bullets, for good reason as they can eat a lot. At the current state the AI feel as if they all have mythic level health. This is not just for the bosses but for their ads as well. I think the health of all enemies should be equal to heroic-legendary difficulty and give them more attack and defense options and the ability for cover usage.
Well, at least in Destiny you could compensate it with via natural leveling progress and damage output (+buffs) of your guns/char. Later they even nerfed the health from some Strike bosses to an acceptable level and by now they are going down really fast. Vanilla was a pain though.

But I agree with Halo 5 WZFF. There is no way to somehow make you do more damage for the rest of the match (no permanent bonuses). It's the exact opposite actually because in boss waves only the hardest enemies spawn, especially with the damn promethean knights, lol. Apex, Round 3 with 2 wardens....it's nearly impossible and the best you can get is a wraith which get instantly killed from all the respawning support ads (knights).

And don't get me started with the terrible "Defend" objectives as the first round. Darkstar, Defend the armory? Impossible for the most time.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I can't think of a single point I disagree on except maybe infinite ammo for REQs for a round. However, for goodness sake I should at the very bare least be able to burn an addition REQ card to refill my REQ weapon without having to have the same energy I needed to call it in in the first damn place.

Also, lower-end "Power Weapons" (IE: Ones that used to be/would have been 'Loadout' weapons in Halo 4) should just refill by touching the station like the others once called in. I shouldn't need to open the REQ menu, go to power weapons, scroll down, select 'LightRifle', then select the normal variant, then make sure I have a spare card and enough REQ energy, just to refill the blasted thing's ammunition.

The bosses and stupid-high damage output is what really gets me, though. It takes me shooting the thing with a Spartan Laser for me to kill a non-boss Banshee. I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is that he can do basically the same amount of damage to my Warthog by firing a one second burst from his plasma cannons. It's that kind of crap that really sours what would otherwise be a great game mode.
Nothing burns me more at this point than spawning with a power weapon... getting killed shortly thereafter and then having to wait to respawn 30 seconds later knowing full well my weapon is long gone or at best a teammate picks it up to use. They can keep the 30 second respawn, but at least let my weapon be around long enough for me to recover it! thank you
Nothing burns me more at this point than spawning with a power weapon... getting killed shortly thereafter and then having to wait to respawn 30 seconds later knowing full well my weapon is long gone or at best a teammate picks it up to use. They can keep the 30 second respawn, but at least let my weapon be around long enough for me to recover it! thank you
I know at the moment power weapons are entirely useless. I am starting to get very low on vehicle reqs! Right now I use vehicles for WZFF and weapon reqs for regular WZ...It should not be like that!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. ...
  8. 13