1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
its kind of annoying to have bullet sponge enemies but what makes it paticularly annoying is the fact that they are protected by an absurd amount of lower level AI...this is especially annoying against the promethians...sometimes it can take like 3 minutes to even get within sight of the boss/ bosses because you have to spend so much time killing low level AI...oh and is it just me or are there alot more promethian themed fights than covie? ive grown to hate those stupid lifeless robots fighting them so much...they're boring!
Just killed the Mythic Warden Boss with 2 seconds remaining on the fifth round, everyone is ecstatic on the mic because of how close it was. Timer ticks past zero, "mission failed". Incredibly annoying!
This article is the true state of Warzone firefight. The ai have wayyyy too op aim, especially the elites as their storm rifles bullets kill you from around 100m away. Also the grunt mechs needle barrage is so broken! I got targeted in a banshee when I was more than 400m away from it! I was in near east armory, and it was where warden eternal used to spawn in arc, behind the garage!!! Its pretty crazy how accurate the ai are. The damage of ai, dont need a nerf imo as reducing accuracy will fix it, but the bosses are more bullet sponges and waste time instead of challenging.

The triple warden, or double warden, with the legendary bosses before it in round 5, are nearly impossible to kill because of how much health they have. Its only beatable if your whole lobby spwans a tank, banshee or wraith ultra... The huge respawn times also are really annoying as it makes you never want to spawn weapons in, as NOT ONLY do they have low ammo, you get killed SOOO quickly with them in the later rounds because of how much ai their are, its a huge waste. Also, knights shouldnt spawn in the armory as its almost impossible to defend in round 1 and 2 as you just dont have the firepower... I just hope they balance a few scenarios as some rounds are insanely hard, and some are pretty easy.

If 343 made theses fixes they would definitely make warzone firefight MUCH more enjoyable, and fun to play with lower level friends, who dont have really OP reqs
We are in front of Sponge Bob's army! (and dialogs of grunt goblin looks like that)
Cover could be more interested, my reqs are absorbed by this mobs...
Whats people's problem man? Really? Did you guys never played FF in reach? Damn. It is supposed to be really hard and that you can't win it easily. I win around 60% of my games and I try really hard and spawn a lot, but thats the fun part I think. If they start nerving FF it will destroy the game type.

The only thing that should me nerved imo is the aim of AI at long range, thats it. Close range AI should have OP aim. Do you miss yourself when you are close to an AI? No, so why should the AI miss.

People are way too lazy and just want an easy game type. FF was never easy and I hope it will never be. The beta was way too easy.
The Promethean soldier armor can go down a little . They are quite overpowered with the ability to teleport through walls and have weapons that lock on, as well as shoot while sprinting.

The banshee raiders require the whole team to target one together. If everyone isn't shooting one it self heals.

The 2 Warden eternally you need 2 or 3 ONI hogs.

a lot of WFF requires team cooperation, if one player refuses, it will be incredibly hard.
I'd absolutely agree with this. My win/loss has literally gone from 51% to 48% in the time since Warzone Firefight simply because of all these reasons - I'm not even going to question why a PVE mode affects your PVP stats. I thought I was supposed to be some kind of elite super-soldier, not a regular UNSC Marine, and yet here I am getting insta-killed over and over again by Deacon Pipap and his army of dozens of Incineration cannon wielding Knights (I have never beat that round ever), or the -Yoink- round on Attack on Sanctum with the four enemy Mantis walkers with the stupidly cheap Mantis inside the base, and I can't do -Yoink- about it because apparently my bullets are all rubber and the Titanium-A of my armor was replaced with the same kind of Titanium they use in soda cans.

I respect that 343 wants to make Warzone Firefight a challenge and not a simple RP farm, but at this rate I'm about twice as likely to win a Warzone match against real players as I am against the -Yoinking!- cheap--Yoink- instakill AI.
You forgot one thing on the list.

Sarah Palmer.
I haven't played WZ Firefight due to my Gold expired, but all these complaints with Terminator Ai's, Urban raiders with lv 3 reqs & other stuff I do agree with.

Also, anyone remember this Launcher?
K27R wrote:
Excellent article and spot on
Thank you :) I am hoping 343 reads this and knows the current issues!
Agreed. I have all the same issues with WZF and I hope it gets fixed!
Spot on OP. I've made a thread about this as well but you explained everything in detail, so thanks for taking the time to write this post.

One thing I want to add to this is make spectating possible again 343!
Scuirrel wrote:
Just killed the Mythic Warden Boss with 2 seconds remaining on the fifth round, everyone is ecstatic on the mic because of how close it was. Timer ticks past zero, "mission failed". Incredibly annoying!
Maybe it needs an "OVERTIME!" treshhold like Overwatch?
Just an idea :)
Let me start off by saying that I enjoy this gamemode overall and I think it is a very good addition to Halo 5, still should have been in at launch, but there are a lot of problems that exist in the mode that severely hinder it form being as best as it can be.When people complain about the difficulty I think these reasons are what they are complaining about as some of the problems make some rounds simply undo-able and that is not a measure of skill, it's just a lack of balance and no fun. I think if these problems are fixed then it will be a much more fun and enjoyable mode.

1. AI Are Bullet Sponges: I hated this aspect of Destiny and do not like it in Halo 5 either. To make the AI or bosses more challenging they should try adding more dodge and defense actions as well as THE USE OF COVER. The AI overall never do anything except for sit in one spot and move around in a small radius while sitting in the open eating bullets, for good reason as they can eat a lot. At the current state the AI feel as if they all have mythic level health. This is not just for the bosses but for their ads as well. I think the health of all enemies should be equal to heroic-legendary difficulty and give them more attack and defense options and the ability for cover usage.

2. The AI have incredible accuracy: I think everyone has had a moment or time where they are incredibly far away or dodging an attack from an AI but it can not be dodged due to their lock on auto aim weapons. The AI seem to know how to make every single shot connect even when using automatics, I once had a Promethean soldier using a saw that was able to kill me in a ghost as I was doing ramming runs and trying to get away from him but somehow he was able to continuously shoot me with the saw for 4 seconds without missing a shot and while I was boosting away atleast 50 meters. They also seem to be able to use guns for longer range then the guns are capable of doing when in the player's hands. Reduce their accuracy by about 25% I would say and make that percentage increase for every 5 meters away the player is so if I am 50 meters away from an AI with an automatic his accuracy percentage is around 50% or less. PS. Nerf the Phaetons as their primary gun does not miss a single shot ever when you are within their line of sight.

3. The damage output of the AI is TOO HIGH: The Damage output is close to being correct but not quite there, of course a large problem of the AI damage output lays with their godly accuracy. Nevertheless, I think the Enemy Damage should be reduced by around 30% and increase in damage by 10% as every round goes on. I do not like how any AI regardless of what type they are is able to kill me in 0.1-1 second. It seems silly that I should have to run away from 2 soldiers in round 2 because they can kill me so fast, also get rid of their teleportation. No on likes it, make them use cover instead.

4. Some Rounds are simply not possible at lower levels: When round 2 has an objective of taking down four banshee raiders that kill everything on sight instantly, there is a big problem as no one quite has the reqs to take them down within 5 minutes. I've had a game before where we had two warthogs out trying to damage them but with their accuracy and damage output the warthogs were no chance and their ads guarding them in ghosts were making it even more impossible. The Wardens on Round 3 on Apex 7, nothing to be said there, I don't know who thought of that. The wardens spawning on early rounds are not possible. And if it says to kill 75 soldiers. Spawn 75 soldiers in at once. Not 5-10 soldiers with a couple dozen crawlers and 4 knights and then making us kill all of them before spawning more in. If you are going to do that then double the timer.

5. Near Impossible-Impossible Boss Rounds: This is another one that I have heard almost universal agreement on. Atleast in the beta the bosses spawned outside. Now whenever the bosses consist of three bullet spongy insta kill wardens they are inside a small confined space that protects them from all vehicle damage and their constant spawning ads can almost kill scorpions in seconds. I don't know how any of the developers thought this was fun or smart when designing the mode. 343 Dev: "Oh I think it would be great if on round 5 a mantis spawns inside the garage where no vehicles can damage him and then we spawn 10 knights with legendary incineration canons that keep spawning to defend him. I think the players will love almost never being able to beat this round unless they spend 14.99 to buy more powerful reqs." The boss spawns on the final rounds are in the absolute worst spots end of story. They are always inside and always surrounded by incredibly powerful ads, usually knights. Please spawn all bosses outside so we can actually win the round, and please not so many knights. Pipap Deacon is near impossible in the time frame given he has so many knights helping him out and he has his own lock on needle rounds that will destroy your vehicle with ease.

6. Make Weapon Reqs useful: Right now weapon reqs are useless due to not enough damage output and the incredibly small amount of ammo. I think to make weapon reqs useful they should be good for an entire round of WZFF that way a rocket launcher will actually be useful against the warden. Either make them have three times as much ammo and the ability to refill it throughout the round or unlimited ammo for the round. Even being able to refill it a couple times at a req station would be a lot better then the current setup. Using a weapon req is entirely useless.

7. Respawn timers and Spawn killed: Not much to be said here. Respawn timers are too long right now and afterwards we respawn too far away from battle to be of much help. Please reduce spawn penalties, or make it so the timer only increase if you as a player die individually. If I do not die once until round 4 my timer should still be 10 seconds. On the opposite end I have been spawn killed in vehicles many times due to the AI being right next the vehicle spawn points or the phantoms with indestructible guns shooting at me after I leave the garage.

I think if you address these complaints 343 then you will have something truly special in your game and if you want even more players returning and more longevity in your game then adding classic survival based firefight would cater to a lot of the veteran players and be something cool and new for the newer players. Anyone reading this feel free to give more suggestions and ideas, but please back up ideas or criticisms :)
My biggest complaint is with Raid on Apex 7. I refuse to play that map due to the fact that sometimes the final round is the Grunt Mech on the beach, surrounded by like 30+ knights. Not only can the Grunt Mech shoot it's needler at you from the far end of the beach, but the knights snipe you before you can even get close.
343, if one thing absolutely needs to happen, it's nerfing the Soldiers. I hate them just as much as I hate Call of Duty.

Also, to the people saying REQ weapons are useless...have ya'll tried The Answer? It shreds!
They should go back to a set number or lives for a game, like odst. That was the most fun ff of them all.
I largely agree
Sorr, but I im part of the "git gud" crew. All these "problems" that you list are just things people need to adjust to or plane and simple. Need to be better at. I so far have no problem apart from ONE thing. The accuracy of enemies is a little to good, but that's my only issue.
I think for final rounds they should really lower the difficulty but make it a one life round.

Spawn one warden and some prometheans against 8 Spartans. But you only have one life each.
The accuracy of the AI is one of my biggest complaints, you're pretty much doomed to death unless you have ample cover nearby. I've had banshees and ghosts get blown up in three seconds flat due to a crazy amount of those Promethean dogs being around.
KCD0DGER wrote:
Honestly, the biggest problem is how hard it is to hit Req 3, and in addition- and this is for ALL Warzone gametypes, Req ammo.

I am spending all of my req points for this weapon, 343i. Give me full ammo for it, not half ammo.
What if [FF only] you could spend the REQ level to refill the weapon without costing another card? Say you spawn in a Carbine at round 2 and don't die for a few rounds, then you can keep reloading it as you run out of ammo, but you have to stay alive to do so. You die and it's on to the next REQ card. Vehicles are infinite ammo so as long as you kite there's really no competition currently. More ammo would be great.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13