"The Master Chief is on the field. Defend him."

OP Antonius Mora

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
Idea for a new Warzone REQ. If that offends you, stop reading.

Has anyone here played Star Wars Battlefront? Either the original (and better) old school versions from years ago, or the new one made by Dice? Then you must have seen the Heroes and Villains for both the Imperials and Rebels. I think, if implemented correctly, this feature would be fun as all hell in Warzone.

Now, there will be a plethora of characters that we can play as; Master Chief, Linda, Kelly, Fred, Locke, Buck, Tanaka, Vale, maybe even the Arbiter, and more. They can be found in REQ packs as a Legendary Mythic REQ but they do NOT have certifications. So when you find one, it will always be rare/special.

The cards themselves will require the highest possible REQ level in Warzone, so you won't see them until near the end of a match, and only if a player does really well and boosts their REQ level up. This part is debatable because they won't have much time to actually use the hero and only the best players would get the level high enough to use them, so it would be a case of "the good get gooder and the bad stay bad", instead of having it more even. Open to suggestions here as well as everywhere in the topic so if you like the initial idea but hate certain things, give your opinion on how the idea can improve.

Each character will have a rechargeable 4x Overshield, and permanent preset weapons that they cannot swap. The weapons also cannot be picked up by other players when they die. These weapons will match their campaign weapons but do significantly more damage.

Now, how do we balance this? You're practically OP. Well, we make it all the more important that you don't die.

There can only be one hero on the map at a time, per team. When they spawn, they're treated as a Legendary Boss. Which means killing them awards your team a generous amount of points. This forces the other team to defend their hero and work together with them to defend a base, attack a base, or go after a certain big target like the Warden. Normally they don't have a waypoint above their head, like Legendary Bosses do. It only appears when the hero is shot by the enemy team, working like the spotted mechanic in Capture the Flag (and coming to Assault). This also makes Palmer give a callout based on where the hero is being attacked from (ie Spartan Locke's been spotted at the garage! or Spartan Thorne is under fire at the West Armory!).

What do you guys think?
I absolutely LOVE this idea! I hated the new Star Wars Battlefront, but the heroes were about the one good thing from it. I think being able to play as a hero in Warzone would be so much fun!
Warzone is chaotic enough as it is... so yeah, why not? Sounds like a good idea.
great idea, I would love this
But Master Chief is an enlisted rank, and I'm an Officer. He should be defending me, because MP is canon.
I didn't think this would be a good idea, but after reading what you wrote, I would honestly like to see this happen.
SpitFlame wrote:
Warzone is chaotic enough as it is... so yeah, why not? Sounds like a good idea.
Tanks, Wraiths, Banshees falling out of the sky, and in the middle of it all is good old Master Chief.
But Master Chief is an enlisted rank, and I'm an Officer. He should be defending me, because MP is canon.
Multiplayer being canon strikes again!
This would be amazing; such a brilliant idea.
Yeah, but MC does have a bit more influence being the hero of the war and stuff. :)
If we can, you know, ignore the whole "Chief is the traitorzzz" thing...

Gaunt1et 5 wrote:
I didn't think this would be a good idea, but after reading what you wrote, I would honestly like to see this happen.
Glad you like it. I can always improve and modify the idea based on feedback, so it can only get better from here.
It'd be legendary if one team summoned Chief and the other Locke, and when both scores are at 999–999, everyone just watches as they both fight.
SpitFlame wrote:
It'd be legendary if one team summoned Chief and the other Locke, and when both scores are at 999–999, everyone just watches as they both fight.
I never thought of it in a 1v1 capacity, but that sounds really awesome. And the fight would be more interactive than the one we got in campaign!
This is a fantastic idea
SpitFlame wrote:
That would be amazing. I'm listening to epic music right now and I imagined that fight. I'm going to explode in a minute or two.
I don't see why not. At least then we'd finally be able to play as Master Chief. But some of the characters would be a tad OP. Linda uses Nornfang in the campaign so it'd be safe to say that she'd spawn in with Nornfang if you used her. Now you want to make that gun stronger and give her a 4x over shield? Who needs Chief when you're practically invincible and can take out Scorpions and legendary bosses in a couple of bullets? Then there's Vale and her plasma pistol… I wouldn't be thrilled to be stuck playing as her. If it was limited to loadout weapons(1 close range automatic and 1 long range precision) then it'd be a bit more balanced but if you want these things to ever die then you'll need to take off the boosted damage since you said that the over shield recharges. Just my 2 cents.
Awesome idea! As a "hero", would you be able to board vehicles to destroy or use them?
SpitFlame wrote:
Having two heroes around would be better "Fireteam Osiris is at the Cargo Dock, defend them"...
xXWurmXx21 wrote:
I don't see why not. At least then we'd finally be able to play as Master Chief. But some of the characters would be a tad OP. Linda uses Nornfang in the campaign so it'd be safe to say that she'd spawn in with Nornfang if you used her. Now you want to make that gun stronger and give her a 4x over shield? Who needs Chief when you're practically invincible and can take out Scorpions and legendary bosses in a couple of bullets? Then there's Vale and her plasma pistol… I wouldn't be thrilled to be stuck playing as her. If it was limited to loadout weapons(1 close range automatic and 1 long range precision) then it'd be a bit more balanced but if you want these things to ever die then you'll need to take off the boosted damage since you said that the over shield recharges. Just my 2 cents.
Maybe certain guns won't need a damage boost, like Nornfang and Lawgiver. Alternatively, Vale can use the Void's Tear, which is much, much better than a standard plasma pistol. Perhaps loadout weapons get buffs like the AR, BR, Magnum, etc, while "Power Weapons" are simply Power Weapons? We want to limit what the Heroes can use intentionally to balance out the things like Overshield and targetting priority. It also should be apparent that it would be extremely hard to 1v1 a Hero as a normal Spartan and win. Not impossible, but difficult. The entire idea of Heroes having strong stats and a bounty on their head enforces a Risk/Reward style experience, with emphasis on teamwork for both side; working together to defend the Hero, or working together to kill them.

That being said, I think someone like the Arbiter would be better suited for Lone-Wolf style gameplay. Since he will have Prophet's Bane with Active Camo, he would be more the type to sneak around in the shadows, stab people, and sneak out, strategically wiping out the enemy team like an assassin.
Awesome idea! As a "hero", would you be able to board vehicles to destroy or use them?
Good question. Maybe hijack things like Tanks and Wraiths to destroy them, but riding around in a tank themselves? I'm not entirely sure. There wouldn't be much benefit to doing so, because the tank would be more susceptible to damage and destruction, as well as be weaker and less mobile than any one hero on their own.
Might work better if adapted into a new mode, it sounds a bit like good old vip but with juggernaught like traits
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17