1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 17
I love the idea. But i don't want to kill chief :(
good idea! but i kinda want the heros/villans to be loward to 8 reqs.
I love the idea. But i don't want to kill chief :(
Spartans never die, buddy. They're just missing in action*.

*or, respawning in 5 seconds...
The main problem I see is with some of the characters them selves. If one spawns as linda they spawn with nornfang whihc is a one shot kill at a long range, that paired with a 4x overshield could make that player literally unbeatable. Now im not saying your idea is crap, its actually quite an interesting take on the whole hero's idea but I think it would require lots of testing a tweaking to get right.
That would new an epic addition! I like the detail into how well balanced you placed them as a legendary boss forthe other team to get extra points if killed
The main problem I see is with some of the characters them selves. If one spawns as linda they spawn with nornfang whihc is a one shot kill at a long range, that paired with a 4x overshield could make that player literally unbeatable. Now im not saying your idea is crap, its actually quite an interesting take on the whole hero's idea but I think it would require lots of testing a tweaking to get right.
There is some tweaking to consider to make the balance perfect. We don't want the heroes to be unbeatable, but we want them to be powerful. Worth getting, worth using, fun, and worth the risk of dying and giving the enemy a ton of points. You have to remember when you're a hero, you're a big target, against 12 people. So you have to have some extra survivability and firepower to make up for the fact that you've got a big bullseye painted on your back.

Unless you're an amazing sniper, you're not going to be able to wipe out an entire enemy team rushing you, due to things like descoping. And the area in which you get attacked.

Think of Stormbreak. You can rush Linda in the open and she can snipe you, or you and your time can use the caves to circle around her and fight head on. Setting up tanks or other vehicles to take chunks of shield down with one shot is also pretty viable, but she can and probably will take down a couple tanks first. Alternatively, Fred with Oathsworn (I think) will want to stick to bases and caves and other close quarters areas, so you gotta either draw him out to the open or stay just far enough away out of his range and overwhelm him with numbers.
That would new an epic addition! I like the detail into how well balanced you placed them as a legendary boss forthe other team to get extra points if killed
Yup, of course. There's gotta be some risk involved in being a super-super-super soldier among super soldiers besides just losing a super hard to find REQ card.
Solar Bruh wrote:
good idea! but i kinda want the heros/villans to be loward to 8 reqs.
I'm sure that would make it more accessible. I don't know the max req level, but whatever is attainable but not nearly impossible is good.
He should have a Warthog turret and 2x Overshield.
He should have a Warthog turret and 2x Overshield.
Master Chief? Him with a turret isn't very iconic compared to the Assault Rifle or Battle Rifle.
I like the general idea, but I do not agree with making them super OP. 4x reachargeable overshield and extra dmg seems a little too excessive, but having them randomly spawn would be a cool feature
I like the general idea, but I do not agree with making them super OP. 4x reachargeable overshield and extra dmg seems a little too excessive, but having them randomly spawn would be a cool feature
Randomly spawn? They would be playable, not NPCs. Randomly spawning wouldn't work in that regard.
The players can have stronger sheilds and damage.
If we did have hero Spartans, I'd probably balance like so:

3x Overshields and Health

+10% movement speed

+10% melee damage

(For heroes with load out weapons) +15% weapon damage.

While in a vehicle, the vehicle takes 34.3% less damage.

Clamber 50% faster

Ground Pound does 120% damage, 110% radius and hang time, 90% charge time.

Only one hero Spartan can be on the field at a time for each team, two total.
I'd rather have REQ cards to call in AI support, like a group of marines that follow you or something.
I wouldn't make it a REQ Card. Way too much chance of abuse.

However, maybe as a pickup dropped from Legendary Bosses? Or maybe when your team hits some kind of score threshold (maybe every 300 points?) A powerup can be obtained from the req terminal?
Randomly spawn? They would be playable, not NPCs. Randomly spawning wouldn't work in that regard
I think he meant that one player on each team will be randomly picked at a set time.
If we did have hero Spartans, I'd probably balance like so:

2x Overshields and Health

+10% movement speed

+10% melee damage

(For heroes with load out weapons) +10% weapon damage.

While in a vehicle, the vehicle takes 34.3% less damage.

Only one hero Spartan can be on the field at a time for each team, two total.
This seems a bit weak for a Hero TBH. All it would take it is a Sniper and two or three shots to kill: One to strip the overshield, and maybe 1-2 more depending on headshot skill and total health. And honestly, double overshield is really easily taken down.
Level 9 REQ is reasonably easy to get, I get it almost every match. Well.... I usually kill 3 or 4 bosses.
Awesome idea! As a "hero", would you be able to board vehicles to destroy or use them?
Good question. Maybe hijack things like Tanks and Wraiths to destroy them, but riding around in a tank themselves? I'm not entirely sure. There wouldn't be much benefit to doing so, because the tank would be more susceptible to damage and destruction, as well as be weaker and less mobile than any one hero on their own.
That's what I was thinking. But then how would hijacking banshees work? It'd be awesome stealing one as the Chief, but it would make you vulnerable to just about everything.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 17