1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17
I think it can work either as a legendary req pack or possibly a new warzone gametype that features this. Good idea!
I didn't even read the whole thing but i think I know what you mean, Master Chief being dropped in the field would be awesome! And we would have to defend him while he does some type of thing lol anyway, I agree, this gametype for warzone idea would be awesome
I deffinitly like where this thread has been going about this topic. Being able to spawn a hero is an awesome idea. As a req card or an effect from the conditions in the game being met.
If we did have hero Spartans, I'd probably balance like so:

2x Overshields and Health

+10% movement speed

+10% melee damage

(For heroes with load out weapons) +10% weapon damage.

While in a vehicle, the vehicle takes 34.3% less damage.

Only one hero Spartan can be on the field at a time for each team, two total.
This seems a bit weak for a Hero TBH. All it would take it is a Sniper and two or three shots to kill: One to strip the overshield, and maybe 1-2 more depending on headshot skill and total health. And honestly, double overshield is really easily taken down.
True. I'll edit.
But Master Chief is an enlisted rank, and I'm an Officer. He should be defending me, because MP is canon.
Yeah, but MC does have a bit more influence being the hero of the war and stuff. :)
If we can, you know, ignore the whole "Chief is the traitorzzz" thing...

Gaunt1et 5 wrote:
I didn't think this would be a good idea, but after reading what you wrote, I would honestly like to see this happen.
Glad you like it. I can always improve and modify the idea based on feedback, so it can only get better from here.
The UNSC does not tolerate insubordination
Not a bad idea. Definitely would be interesting, but you'd have to give him overshield due to bad teammates.
I doubt you could get the hero Card done if anything they'll plaster a NPC as Chief or whoever.
ehhh im on the fence
it has possibilities but so far like what I am reading.
Idea for a new Warzone REQ. If that offends you, stop reading.

Has anyone here played Star Wars Battlefront? Either the original (and better) old school versions from years ago, or the new one made by Dice? Then you must have seen the Heroes and Villains for both the Imperials and Rebels. I think, if implemented correctly, this feature would be fun as all hell in Warzone.

Now, there will be a plethora of characters that we can play as; Master Chief, Linda, Kelly, Fred, Locke, Buck, Tanaka, Vale, maybe even the Arbiter, and more. They can be found in REQ packs as a Legendary Mythic REQ but they do NOT have certifications. So when you find one, it will always be rare/special.

The cards themselves will require the highest possible REQ level in Warzone, so you won't see them until near the end of a match, and only if a player does really well and boosts their REQ level up. This part is debatable because they won't have much time to actually use the hero and only the best players would get the level high enough to use them, so it would be a case of "the good get gooder and the bad stay bad", instead of having it more even. Open to suggestions here as well as everywhere in the topic so if you like the initial idea but hate certain things, give your opinion on how the idea can improve.

Each character will have a rechargeable 4x Overshield, and permanent preset weapons that they cannot swap. The weapons also cannot be picked up by other players when they die. These weapons will match their campaign weapons but do significantly more damage.

Now, how do we balance this? You're practically OP. Well, we make it all the more important that you don't die.

There can only be one hero on the map at a time, per team. When they spawn, they're treated as a Legendary Boss. Which means killing them awards your team a generous amount of points. This forces the other team to defend their hero and work together with them to defend a base, attack a base, or go after a certain big target like the Warden. Normally they don't have a waypoint above their head, like Legendary Bosses do. It only appears when the hero is shot by the enemy team, working like the spotted mechanic in Capture the Flag (and coming to Assault). This also makes Palmer give a callout based on where the hero is being attacked from (ie Spartan Locke's been spotted at the garage! or Spartan Thorne is under fire at the West Armory!).

What do you guys think?
Looks like we could finally have that Chief vs Locke fight we were all promised haha
SpitFlame wrote:
It'd be legendary if one team summoned Chief and the other Locke, and when both scores are at 999–999, everyone just watches as they both fight.
The problem with this is that it just comes down to the Chief vs Locke fight, so the first 999 points are worthless. The way you can change this however is that your team works towards gathering power ups throughout the first part of the game, and they contribute to your heroes 1v1 battle powers.

Hero powers gained when team kills a legendary boss:-
Rok: Upgraded shields
Haestro: Two thrusts per cool down
Any Banshee boss: Higher jump and movement speed
Warden 1: Increased damage
Warden 2: More grenades
Knight Strategos: Cannot be assassinated or beat down.

If you whole team just gets completely dominated and the enemy hero gets all these power ups. Then that's the teams fault and they can watch their hero get destroyed. Unless that hero is a complete pro and wrecks his powered-up enemies -Yoink-. Then that's highlight reel material.
Idea for a new Warzone REQ. If that offends you, stop reading.

Has anyone here played Star Wars Battlefront? Either the original (and better) old school versions from years ago, or the new one made by Dice? Then you must have seen the Heroes and Villains for both the Imperials and Rebels. I think, if implemented correctly, this feature would be fun as all hell in Warzone.

Now, there will be a plethora of characters that we can play as; Master Chief, Linda, Kelly, Fred, Locke, Buck, Tanaka, Vale, maybe even the Arbiter, and more. They can be found in REQ packs as a Legendary Mythic REQ but they do NOT have certifications. So when you find one, it will always be rare/special.

The cards themselves will require the highest possible REQ level in Warzone, so you won't see them until near the end of a match, and only if a player does really well and boosts their REQ level up. This part is debatable because they won't have much time to actually use the hero and only the best players would get the level high enough to use them, so it would be a case of "the good get gooder and the bad stay bad", instead of having it more even. Open to suggestions here as well as everywhere in the topic so if you like the initial idea but hate certain things, give your opinion on how the idea can improve.

Each character will have a rechargeable 4x Overshield, and permanent preset weapons that they cannot swap. The weapons also cannot be picked up by other players when they die. These weapons will match their campaign weapons but do significantly more damage.

Now, how do we balance this? You're practically OP. Well, we make it all the more important that you don't die.

There can only be one hero on the map at a time, per team. When they spawn, they're treated as a Legendary Boss. Which means killing them awards your team a generous amount of points. This forces the other team to defend their hero and work together with them to defend a base, attack a base, or go after a certain big target like the Warden. Normally they don't have a waypoint above their head, like Legendary Bosses do. It only appears when the hero is shot by the enemy team, working like the spotted mechanic in Capture the Flag (and coming to Assault). This also makes Palmer give a callout based on where the hero is being attacked from (ie Spartan Locke's been spotted at the garage! or Spartan Thorne is under fire at the West Armory!).

What do you guys think?
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO LIKE YEA ITS A GOOD/COOL IDEA BUT THIS IS HALO LIKE IT WOULD BE COOL BEING MASTER CHIEF BUT NO NO HALO WOULD BE SO DIFFERENT IT WOULDNT BE THE SAME
Quote:
"The Master Chief is on the field."
"RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVEEESSSS!!!!"
Fixed.
I think they should input something similar to a nuclear from call of duty if a spartan gets 30 kills or something without dieing he can call in a WMD or some kind of cool reinforcement

This post has been hidden.

This does have a good ring to it, however it's probably best if it's not the campaign characters. Instead maybe have new vehicles or modified vehicles at least. I'm talking about Pelicans, Long Swords, Prowlers, Falcons, Phantoms, Scarabs even (one ground vehicle....I can't think of any more lol). Or maybe modified vehicles such as a Scorpion which can't be Hijacked and maybe had MAC rounds (slightly over kill now that I think of it). Or a Mantis with a Gauss rifle which can't be hijacked maybe.

Maybe not have characters from the campaign, but definitely something along with vehicles.
The main problem I see is with some of the characters them selves. If one spawns as linda they spawn with nornfang whihc is a one shot kill at a long range, that paired with a 4x overshield could make that player literally unbeatable. Now im not saying your idea is crap, its actually quite an interesting take on the whole hero's idea but I think it would require lots of testing a tweaking to get right.
There is some tweaking to consider to make the balance perfect. We don't want the heroes to be unbeatable, but we want them to be powerful. Worth getting, worth using, fun, and worth the risk of dying and giving the enemy a ton of points. You have to remember when you're a hero, you're a big target, against 12 people. So you have to have some extra survivability and firepower to make up for the fact that you've got a big bullseye painted on your back.

Unless you're an amazing sniper, you're not going to be able to wipe out an entire enemy team rushing you, due to things like descoping. And the area in which you get attacked.

Think of Stormbreak. You can rush Linda in the open and she can snipe you, or you and your time can use the caves to circle around her and fight head on. Setting up tanks or other vehicles to take chunks of shield down with one shot is also pretty viable, but she can and probably will take down a couple tanks first. Alternatively, Fred with Oathsworn (I think) will want to stick to bases and caves and other close quarters areas, so you gotta either draw him out to the open or stay just far enough away out of his range and overwhelm him with numbers.
Awesome idea! I really like it and wish it would be implemented. Btw Kelly uses Oathsworn
But we can assume MP is set after halo 5 due to the wardens presence which means chief has been declared dead.

So that's awkward.

Yeah did anyone else forget they declared chief dead, that was a clever plot decision.
This would be awesome, cause then the normal suit could have like normal shields, whereas the heros and villains are stronger, faster, and overall better. But no shield recharge, otherwise it'd be OP as hell.
steele330 wrote:
But we can assume MP is set after halo 5 due to the wardens presence which means chief has been declared dead.

So that's awkward.

Yeah did anyone else forget they declared chief dead, that was a clever plot decision.
They also made gun skins with cartoon versions of Master Chief and Locke on them. And we have access to the Arbiter's personal sword, Linda's personal sniper rifle, etc, etc...

The idea is it's all a simulation and anything goes. Why are we fighting each other in simulations when the enemy is the Covenant and Prometheans? They're in Warzone yes, but in such minor roles that most of the time you're fighting other Spartans.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17