4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 17
LOVE IT
SpitFlame wrote:
Warzone is chaotic enough as it is... so yeah, why not? Sounds like a good idea.
If we did have hero Spartans, I'd probably balance like so:

2x Overshields and Health

+10% movement speed

+10% melee damage

(For heroes with load out weapons) +10% weapon damage.

While in a vehicle, the vehicle takes 34.3% less damage.

Only one hero Spartan can be on the field at a time for each team, two total.
This seems a bit weak for a Hero TBH. All it would take it is a Sniper and two or three shots to kill: One to strip the overshield, and maybe 1-2 more depending on headshot skill and total health. And honestly, double overshield is really easily taken down.
True. I'll edit.
Now it looks q bit better, but where did you get the 34.3 for vehicle damage? 343 I'm guessing? Or was there another reason for the number?
Idea for a new Warzone REQ. If that offends you, stop reading.

Has anyone here played Star Wars Battlefront? Either the original (and better) old school versions from years ago, or the new one made by Dice? Then you must have seen the Heroes and Villains for both the Imperials and Rebels. I think, if implemented correctly, this feature would be fun as all hell in Warzone.

Now, there will be a plethora of characters that we can play as; Master Chief, Linda, Kelly, Fred, Locke, Buck, Tanaka, Vale, maybe even the Arbiter, and more. They can be found in REQ packs as a Legendary Mythic REQ but they do NOT have certifications. So when you find one, it will always be rare/special.

The cards themselves will require the highest possible REQ level in Warzone, so you won't see them until near the end of a match, and only if a player does really well and boosts their REQ level up. This part is debatable because they won't have much time to actually use the hero and only the best players would get the level high enough to use them, so it would be a case of "the good get gooder and the bad stay bad", instead of having it more even. Open to suggestions here as well as everywhere in the topic so if you like the initial idea but hate certain things, give your opinion on how the idea can improve.

Each character will have a rechargeable 4x Overshield, and permanent preset weapons that they cannot swap. The weapons also cannot be picked up by other players when they die. These weapons will match their campaign weapons but do significantly more damage.

Now, how do we balance this? You're practically OP. Well, we make it all the more important that you don't die.

There can only be one hero on the map at a time, per team. When they spawn, they're treated as a Legendary Boss. Which means killing them awards your team a generous amount of points. This forces the other team to defend their hero and work together with them to defend a base, attack a base, or go after a certain big target like the Warden. Normally they don't have a waypoint above their head, like Legendary Bosses do. It only appears when the hero is shot by the enemy team, working like the spotted mechanic in Capture the Flag (and coming to Assault). This also makes Palmer give a callout based on where the hero is being attacked from (ie Spartan Locke's been spotted at the garage! or Spartan Thorne is under fire at the West Armory!).

What do you guys think?
Best. Idea. Ever!!!!!!!!,!!,!,!,!,!,!,!,!
It's a AWESOME idea!
Idea for a new Warzone REQ. If that offends you, stop reading.

Has anyone here played Star Wars Battlefront? Either the original (and better) old school versions from years ago, or the new one made by Dice? Then you must have seen the Heroes and Villains for both the Imperials and Rebels. I think, if implemented correctly, this feature would be fun as all hell in Warzone.

Now, there will be a plethora of characters that we can play as; Master Chief, Linda, Kelly, Fred, Locke, Buck, Tanaka, Vale, maybe even the Arbiter, and more. They can be found in REQ packs as a Legendary Mythic REQ but they do NOT have certifications. So when you find one, it will always be rare/special.

The cards themselves will require the highest possible REQ level in Warzone, so you won't see them until near the end of a match, and only if a player does really well and boosts their REQ level up. This part is debatable because they won't have much time to actually use the hero and only the best players would get the level high enough to use them, so it would be a case of "the good get gooder and the bad stay bad", instead of having it more even. Open to suggestions here as well as everywhere in the topic so if you like the initial idea but hate certain things, give your opinion on how the idea can improve.

Each character will have a rechargeable 4x Overshield, and permanent preset weapons that they cannot swap. The weapons also cannot be picked up by other players when they die. These weapons will match their campaign weapons but do significantly more damage.

Now, how do we balance this? You're practically OP. Well, we make it all the more important that you don't die.

There can only be one hero on the map at a time, per team. When they spawn, they're treated as a Legendary Boss. Which means killing them awards your team a generous amount of points. This forces the other team to defend their hero and work together with them to defend a base, attack a base, or go after a certain big target like the Warden. Normally they don't have a waypoint above their head, like Legendary Bosses do. It only appears when the hero is shot by the enemy team, working like the spotted mechanic in Capture the Flag (and coming to Assault). This also makes Palmer give a callout based on where the hero is being attacked from (ie Spartan Locke's been spotted at the garage! or Spartan Thorne is under fire at the West Armory!).

What do you guys think?
Sounds super fun and given the game another level of depth and strategy :)
But Master Chief is an enlisted rank, and I'm an Officer. He should be defending me, because MP is canon.
Yeah, but MC does have a bit more influence being the hero of the war and stuff. :)
If we can, you know, ignore the whole "Chief is the traitorzzz" thing...

Gaunt1et 5 wrote:
I didn't think this would be a good idea, but after reading what you wrote, I would honestly like to see this happen.
Glad you like it. I can always improve and modify the idea based on feedback, so it can only get better from here.
Yeah... sounds fun as. 😀
This is amazing, but you should get a hero spawn card and use it to play as any hero you want. It would suck to have to hope you even get a hero card, let alone your favorite.
Great idea! I could definitely see it working similar to Regicide. Have the player with the highest score on each team become either the Chief or Locke and the team that takes out the enemy's VIP first gets about 150 points.
no no no and just no halo should just stick to the way it is and besides 343 would get a ton of flack for copying other games and anyway master chief and spartan locke have no place in multiplayer i mean if this is the case why is the point in us having spartan customization if were just going to be characters from the story
- Have Masterchief have Legendary Boss levels of health with a bit of a shield.
- Set a timer for how long the player must survive as MC
- If they survive by the time the timer's finished, all the points they accrued go to their team. If MC is killed before the timer, 50% of the points go to the enemy team and none for MC's team (so that the team that spawns MC doesn't get an instant win, and the enemy team can't throw bodies at MC then kill him to farm points)
no no no and just no halo should just stick to the way it is and besides 343 would get a ton of flack for copying other games and anyway master chief and spartan locke have no place in multiplayer
But it would be fun :'(
no no no and just no halo should just stick to the way it is and besides 343 would get a ton of flack for copying other games and anyway master chief and spartan locke have no place in multiplayer
But it would be fun :'(
i think it would rather unfair for teams if one person is master chief but what you also need to think about is how his abilities would work
Best thing I've read all day, they should definitely do this. Just give them unlimited ammo, and my dream will come true-overpowered sniper that kills people no matter where they're hit AND you can't die easily when a guy assaults you while you were trying to snipe him from close range. If only 343 read these things, they could use good ideas like those!
Best thing I've read all day, they should definitely do this. Just give them unlimited ammo, and my dream will come true-overpowered sniper that kills people no matter where they're hit AND you can't die easily when a guy assaults you while you were trying to snipe him from close range. If only 343 read these things, they could use good ideas like those!
if they did this it would ruin the multiplayer entirely
Quote:
"Fireteam Osiris is on the field."
"Oh crap!"
Fixed.
Fixed!
343, please make this happen!!!! Best idea I've heard for Halo's mp, period. At the very least, this should be added into Halo 6 assuming they continue war zone. The biggest problem I see besides balance issues, is the voice acting. Would we need Steve Downes and everyone else to go back to the studio or would we just recycle certain phrases they used in the campaign?

Regardless, this needs to become a thing. Just the idea of playing Chief in War zone...PURE EPICNESS!!!!!!!!!!
This is an absolutely amazing idea, they need to make this happen
well if 343 decide to do this then they will lose respect from me and alot of people who agree against it
brilliant idea.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 17