7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 17
Make this reality
Reddreck wrote:
Make this reality
This needs to be a thing. I agree.
cb3n wrote:
But Master Chief is an enlisted rank, and I'm an Officer. He should be defending me, because MP is canon.
Lol

Also, the Chief is the Chief and doesn't need our hand me down Spartans to defend him.
Say that again when you're playing as him and you have two enemy tanks and ten Battle Rifles/DMRs/Power Weapons gunning for you!
And remember that Warden Eternal guy? He's on the field too. Think you can take him and the entire team on? ;)
cb3n wrote:
But Master Chief is an enlisted rank, and I'm an Officer. He should be defending me, because MP is canon.
Lol

Also, the Chief is the Chief and doesn't need our hand me down Spartans to defend him.
Say that again when you're playing as him and you have two enemy tanks and ten Battle Rifles/DMRs/Power Weapons gunning for you!
And remember that Warden Eternal guy? He's on the field too. Think you can take him and the entire team on? ;)
Haha good point. Team effort matters on Warzone. I hate playing Warzone when I don't have my buddies out there with me. Easier to communicate with people you know.
what about a short intro when spawning a hero? I want to hear Master chief saying something like ¨This is 117, I need a gun¨ or with Locke, ¨This is spartan Locke, I am loaded¨ what do you think? because Fred most epic line was ¨The great journey ends here¨ but unfourtanly that wont fit here.
MartzX57 wrote:
what about a short intro when spawning a hero? I want to hear Master chief saying something like ¨This is 117, I need a gun¨ or with Locke, ¨This is spartan Locke, I am loaded¨ what do you think? because Fred most epic line was ¨The great journey ends here¨ but unfourtanly that wont fit here.
I totally expect that they would talk in-game as well as in any intros, like Firefight. That can also lead to some pretty cool banter between two Heroes if they come into contact.

"Spartan 117, stand down now."
"That's not gonna happen..."
Nice Idea!!!
ONLY if it has its own warzone special gamemode. Think about it, by the time you get to level 9 req's somebodys score is already like at 900 points,
By then its a really close match that will last like 2-5 minutes?

So I say they make a map (or just re-use battle of Noctus) where you have symmetrical bases. So that theres not just like 1 main base. Then at around 600 points your able to call in your Hero.
Its either your team & hero crushing the other team with the hero or both teams have their hero on the battlefield going at it.
It sounds really awesome and people have been mentioning this but at a smaller scale because it would be a big gamemode.

The only thing that I would think would be the problem is the Req system of this, heres my idea:
When your team reaches 600 points (or whatever score, midway) your able to call in your hero. You unlock a hero from Gold packs and there legendary, theres also a cooldown so when you use your hero your team has to wait a bit.
And if we add a Legendary Arena mode? where players can play as both Blue team and Osiris? This way we can have the Team Chief vs Team Locke that we were waiting the entire time.
I like the idea but couldn't the battle front franchise sue for this?
Id rather not do REQ idea to spawn one in. Like you said the "The good get the better and the bad stays bad". Instead, to make it even... make it randomly spawned with next death of both teams. Like once 20-25 minutes in, it will randomly pick someone on both teams that died right around the time and when they spawn, they spawn to be John, Linda, Fred, Kelly, Locke, Vale, Tanaka, Buck with those extra boost.

• Linda, Kelly, Fred, Vale, Tanaka, Buck are worth 150 points if spawned as them.
  • John and Locke are worth 200 points if spawned as them.
They all have the same amount of chances to spawn as whoever. Making it fair for people have a chance to be a hero, to not be a certain time to probably purposely die just to be a hero instead randomly makes next death around 20-25 be a hero, and they all can be the main heroes or the side heroes with the same chances.
I like the idea but couldn't the battle front franchise sue for this?
Why? is not like they can say that they own the featured of special characters in a fps, is not the first time a game like SW:B had used them.
Love the idea!!!
Brilliant idea!
And for April fools Spartan Locke would be Spicy Locke and Master Chief would be Mister Cheif
There needs to be a point lock for the opposing team when a hero is spawned. At level 9 reqs, you wouldn't get very much playing time as the hero before the game ends. When a hero is spawned, all bosses health bars disappear and killing the hero becomes the only objective. The enemy team can't get points from kills or holding bases until the hero is killed. This would balance out the huge 150 vp reward to the team that kills the hero, and it would make the hero better at level 9 reqs because you would be able to make comebacks with it. Imagine a game where one team is 100 points ahead, and about to win. Then the other team spawns a hero and the game turns into a race, the attacking team needs to kill the hero before he gets 100 points.
Can there loadout weapons be character specific. ie. Linda with Norfang?
Basically an extreme regicide.
Can there loadout weapons be character specific. ie. Linda with Norfang?
That's the idea! Make them as close to their Campaign counterparts, so it feels like a seemless transition.

MartzX57 wrote:
And if we add a Legendary Arena mode? where players can play as both Blue team and Osiris? This way we can have the Team Chief vs Team Locke that we were waiting the entire time.
Sounds good, but I always felt like Arena would be two competitive for something like that.
Maybe Custom Games though. :) Would be very interesting.

PogShmog wrote:
There needs to be a point lock for the opposing team when a hero is spawned. At level 9 reqs, you wouldn't get very much playing time as the hero before the game ends. When a hero is spawned, all bosses health bars disappear and killing the hero becomes the only objective. The enemy team can't get points from kills or holding bases until the hero is killed. This would balance out the huge 150 vp reward to the team that kills the hero, and it would make the hero better at level 9 reqs because you would be able to make comebacks with it. Imagine a game where one team is 100 points ahead, and about to win. Then the other team spawns a hero and the game turns into a race, the attacking team needs to kill the hero before he gets 100 points.
We don't want to change the way scoring works completely when a hero is in the game. If I recall correctly the Warden is 150 points, but Legendary Bosses are only 120. That would be the same for the characters.

Besides, I can totally picture the usual all-out war the occurs when the Warden spawns, but also with two heavy hitters for both teams in the middle of it all too. A clash-of-titans sort of thing. If you disable bosses, then you lose that dynamic where a hero can come in and destroy a boss, or end up fighting the enemy's hero because they had the same idea.

Maybe extend the winning points to 1500. That way you reach REQ 9 at 1000-ish and you still have time to be a hero, kick butt and/or get your butt kicked, with the extra points bounty leading to you either cementing your team's victory or falling to the enemy's comeback.

Plus we're totally forgetting the dynamic of a hero defending or attacking a base's core. :)
Idea for a new Warzone REQ. If that offends you, stop reading.

Has anyone here played Star Wars Battlefront? Either the original (and better) old school versions from years ago, or the new one made by Dice? Then you must have seen the Heroes and Villains for both the Imperials and Rebels. I think, if implemented correctly, this feature would be fun as all hell in Warzone.

Now, there will be a plethora of characters that we can play as; Master Chief, Linda, Kelly, Fred, Locke, Buck, Tanaka, Vale, maybe even the Arbiter, and more. They can be found in REQ packs as a Legendary Mythic REQ but they do NOT have certifications. So when you find one, it will always be rare/special.

The cards themselves will require the highest possible REQ level in Warzone, so you won't see them until near the end of a match, and only if a player does really well and boosts their REQ level up. This part is debatable because they won't have much time to actually use the hero and only the best players would get the level high enough to use them, so it would be a case of "the good get gooder and the bad stay bad", instead of having it more even. Open to suggestions here as well as everywhere in the topic so if you like the initial idea but hate certain things, give your opinion on how the idea can improve.

Each character will have a rechargeable 4x Overshield, and permanent preset weapons that they cannot swap. The weapons also cannot be picked up by other players when they die. These weapons will match their campaign weapons but do significantly more damage.

Now, how do we balance this? You're practically OP. Well, we make it all the more important that you don't die.

There can only be one hero on the map at a time, per team. When they spawn, they're treated as a Legendary Boss. Which means killing them awards your team a generous amount of points. This forces the other team to defend their hero and work together with them to defend a base, attack a base, or go after a certain big target like the Warden. Normally they don't have a waypoint above their head, like Legendary Bosses do. It only appears when the hero is shot by the enemy team, working like the spotted mechanic in Capture the Flag (and coming to Assault). This also makes Palmer give a callout based on where the hero is being attacked from (ie Spartan Locke's been spotted at the garage! or Spartan Thorne is under fire at the West Armory!).

What do you guys think?
Yes f**king brilliant i say
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 17