Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The most fun I've had in Warzone...

OP UliftesSGrnt

The other day I got on Halo 5 with a friend and we started searching for a Warzone game. So far so good, but when the match started no one was able to use any REQs at all, and after the match was over I realized that was the most fun game I've ever played in Warzone. Why? No armor mods, no ONI vehicles or Ultra Ghosts everywhere, no energy bayonets, but most of all, no camping at bases the entire match with a DMR or Longshot BR. The feeling of being able to have actual close quarters battles outside of a base and not get sniped across the map was amazing. My honest opinion is that this game mode would be so much better without all this stat upgrade nonsense on weapons, vehicles, and players.
Would be cool if there was a req free warzone gametype, but ofc keep the current warzone aswell.
I disagree. I personally loved Halo Wars and Warzone to me plays like Halo Wars. It's so much fun reqing the enemy team with a scorpion and whatnot. And some of the kills you get with a ghost is just outright funny.
For regular Warzone I would leave it as is but for Warzone Assault I would leave it as CQC. The only Reqs you can use are the loadout ones (BR's, SMG'S, etc).
I've had a couple of games like that, it's interesting but I like Warzone the way it is to be honest, spices things up because you never know what req the bring to bear and of course you want to stay alive and use whatever req you have up your sleeve so there's more tension I find.
I've had a couple of games like that, it's interesting but I like Warzone the way it is to be honest, spices things up because you never know what req the bring to bear and of course you want to stay alive and use whatever req you have up your sleeve so there's more tension I find.
I can see how that would be fun, but some REQs just occur too frequently that kind of ruin the experience for me. It seems everyone uses upgraded shields, and an energy bayonet, which are two of my most disliked REQs by far. On top of that, weapon attachments are my runner up most disliked feature. Recoil compensators make the SMG a godly weapon, all the laser sight things to increase hip fire accuracy. It's almost just too unbalanced for me, but Warzone is the only mode I can bear when all the Arena maps are bad and it is the fastest way to earn REQ points.
Trying to kill warden with just pistols and Ars sounds horrible.