2. ...
  3. 41
  4. 42
  5. 43
  6. 44
  7. 45
  8. ...
  9. 53
Split Screen is the worst thing in history for people that like to win matchmaking games of Halo. I played big team today for the first time in a long time and every game I had some little 10 year old and his three guest yelling and screaming in my ear until I finally muted him and his little buddy's. Every game I had split screeners on my team it turned into a complete nightmare. They either betrayed me or each other the entire game or were afk most of the time. This is a step in the right direction if you enjoy winning. If you can care less and love getting betrayed or having little kids yelling in your ear by all means protest and get split screen added.
Thorulfr wrote:
Removing split screen in multiplayer I can kind of understand even if it REALLY sucks

Removing split screen from campaign... NO
This makes no sense for 2 reasons:

1) MP has a lot less stuff to render and load.

2) On average people log more hours into MP than campaign.
FERENG1 wrote:
FERENG1 wrote:
Carter4395 wrote:
FERENG1 wrote:
Thorulfr wrote:
Removing split screen in multiplayer I can kind of understand even if it REALLY sucks

The entire halo 5 engine is built to run at 60fps, if you would like 30 fps and split screen, you can fund 343 to completely rebuild their engine and the game from scratch again
Well when Mass effect 3 had a terrible ending ppl online got together and started a fundraiser to fix it and raised enough money to get them to notice. I for one would gladly donate money if it meant I could still play split screen.
It's a little bit more complicated than changing a cutscene. If you'd like to donate, I'd speculate that halo 5 would cost 100-150 million dollars (halo 4 cost 100 million), if you can fund raise that to change everything, good on ya. Your not just going to have to pay for artists to change a cutscene. But for there to be a change in the engine itself and all the assets currently created. Not to mention I wouldn't expect a 2015 release of the game either
You do realise that if enough people are annoyed with this then Halo 5 will not recoup its development costs. That would probably mean there would be no Halo 6 and 7, or a severely neutered version of them. People are annoyed because we feel 343's goal for 60fps over split screen was wrong.
I'm well aware of that fact. However that's not going to be a problem. The only way that happens is if this game gets beyond the worst reviews ever seen by a halo game, and that's not going to happen. Making back its money is not a problem especially if Microsoft is funding them. Halo 6 and or 7 would be changed if 5 didn't meet expectations of sales, but 343 will still get the funds from Microsoft and it won't be diminished.

And the fact that 60 fps over split screen annoys people is a small concern. And choosing 60 fps is the right choice, this is a modern fast pace action shooter that demands high frame rate for a competive scene, if this was 30 fps, I guarantee it would sell worse than 60 and no split screen (you are a minority, if you want split screen go play mcc) halo is moving forward, maybe they add split screen in later halo titles once they have realised how to fully utilise the hardware on the Xbox one, but 60 fps stands as a must for any fps
That is completely subjective - and saying it is the right choice doesn't make it so. From my perspective, choosing fidelity so high that the console cannot manage split screen is the wrong decision as it greatly reduces the enjoyment I will get out of the game, it limits who I can play with - ultimately leading to me not buying the game. This game is a console game, not a pc game, console games sit in living rooms and usually with playing options that do not suit PC's... like split screen. Split screen is a halo staple, it is what alot of halo gamers are accustomed to and automatically expect - and removing this feature makes the game unplayable for all situations I (and many others) play the game in. 60 FPS has no such impact on anyone.

And BS - the lack of 60FPS will have a far lower impact than this decision to remove split screen does as far as sales are concerned.
FERENG1 wrote:
Thorulfr wrote:

The entire halo 5 engine is built to run at 60fps, if you would like 30 fps and split screen, you can fund 343 to completely rebuild their engine and the game from scratch again
1. There is a lot more to programming the game engine. Models, animations, scripting, textures, ect
2. The developers must be pretty dumb if they made the game frame rate dependent
Hopefully they will add split screen coop later on, even if its only for the campaign.
Since when did 60fps become the absolute benchmark for competitive performance anyway?

And as for the rapid decline in splitscreen games, I think it is an acknowledgement first-world society is sliding towards the anti-social scale in terms of real world interaction. Sad, unfortunately.
My thoughts exactly... It's like people don't have or want any real friends by their side. Pretty sad
i Just want the ss back, its awesome to Play alone, for example the campaign for the first time, but playing it with my friends and brothers in the same couch its simply one of the best things of halo. When i started to see that videogames were eliminating the ss, i Just though that halo will be the las of them having the ss mode... Im not mad, im dissapointed, i Just hope the people of 343 see that almost all the halo fans want the ss back
i Just want the ss back, its awesome to Play alone, for example the campaign for the first time, but playing it with my friends and brothers in the same couch its simply one of the best things of halo. When i started to see that videogames were eliminating the ss, i Just though that halo will be the las of them having the ss mode... Im not mad, im dissapointed, i Just hope the people of 343 see that almost all the halo fans want the ss back
But your not the majority, not "almost all the halo fans want it back", you are the minority.
FERENG1 wrote:
FERENG1 wrote:
Carter4395 wrote:
FERENG1 wrote:
Thorulfr wrote:

Well when Mass effect 3 had a terrible ending ppl online got together and started a fundraiser to fix it and raised enough money to get them to notice. I for one would gladly donate money if it meant I could still play split screen.
It's a little bit more complicated than changing a cutscene. If you'd like to donate, I'd speculate that halo 5 would cost 100-150 million dollars (halo 4 cost 100 million), if you can fund raise that to change everything, good on ya. Your not just going to have to pay for artists to change a cutscene. But for there to be a change in the engine itself and all the assets currently created. Not to mention I wouldn't expect a 2015 release of the game either
You do realise that if enough people are annoyed with this then Halo 5 will not recoup its development costs. That would probably mean there would be no Halo 6 and 7, or a severely neutered version of them. People are annoyed because we feel 343's goal for 60fps over split screen was wrong.
I'm well aware of that fact. However that's not going to be a problem. The only way that happens is if this game gets beyond the worst reviews ever seen by a halo game, and that's not going to happen. Making back its money is not a problem especially if Microsoft is funding them. Halo 6 and or 7 would be changed if 5 didn't meet expectations of sales, but 343 will still get the funds from Microsoft and it won't be diminished.

And the fact that 60 fps over split screen annoys people is a small concern. And choosing 60 fps is the right choice, this is a modern fast pace action shooter that demands high frame rate for a competive scene, if this was 30 fps, I guarantee it would sell worse than 60 and no split screen (you are a minority, if you want split screen go play mcc) halo is moving forward, maybe they add split screen in later halo titles once they have realised how to fully utilise the hardware on the Xbox one, but 60 fps stands as a must for any fps
That is completely subjective - and saying it is the right choice doesn't make it so. From my perspective, choosing fidelity so high that the console cannot manage split screen is the wrong decision as it greatly reduces the enjoyment I will get out of the game, it limits who I can play with - ultimately leading to me not buying the game. This game is a console game, not a pc game, console games sit in living rooms and usually with playing options that do not suit PC's... like split screen. Split screen is a halo staple, it is what alot of halo gamers are accustomed to and automatically expect - and removing this feature makes the game unplayable for all situations I (and many others) play the game in. 60 FPS has no such impact on anyone.

And BS - the lack of 60FPS will have a far lower impact than this decision to remove split screen does as far as sales are concerned.
Well seeing as how 60 FPS is selling majority of the consoles nowadays, you should see its a huge selling point. That and the better the framerate, the better response you get from the engine. For a multiplayer shooter, that is way more important than splitscreen
Nicckh wrote:
FERENG1 wrote:
Thorulfr wrote:

1. There is a lot more to programming the game engine. Models, animations, scripting, textures, ect
2. The developers must be pretty dumb if they made the game frame rate dependent
Its a physics based shooter. If it wasnt framerate dependent, how would you ensure everyone is equal on dedicated servers, and that everything registers on time
FERENG1 wrote:
But your not the majority, not "almost all the halo fans want it back", you are the minority.
Numbers and proof please. I would be surprised if most halo gamers don't want split screen back. But, most people wouldn't be majorly dissapointed and directly affected by the removal of split screen and are OK to live without it.

But, a significant minority of people are very very dissapointed by this descision and are likely to change to change their purchasing decisions based on this silly decision of 343's.
No split screen, no buy.
RIP Halo
FERENG1 wrote:
Numbers and proof please. I would be surprised if most halo gamers don't want split screen back. But, most people wouldn't be majorly dissapointed and directly affected by the removal of split screen and are OK to live without it.

But, a significant minority of people are very very dissapointed by this descision and are likely to change to change their purchasing decisions based on this silly decision of 343's.
all halo gamers would love split screen back, but the majority are willing to trade it for 60fps.
Let's not forget the massive amount of change th we the Halo Community brought about in the aftermath of the beta. So long as we remain committed, AND RESPECTFUL, hopefully we'll be able to come up with a solution, even if it is post-launch.
FERENG1 wrote:
FERENG1 wrote:
Carter4395 wrote:
FERENG1 wrote:
Thorulfr wrote:

Well seeing as how 60 FPS is selling majority of the consoles nowadays, you should see its a huge selling point. That and the better the framerate, the better response you get from the engine. For a multiplayer shooter, that is way more important than splitscreen
Proof please? For a console, I would think split screen is way more important than high fidelity (60 fps can be achieved other ways if necessary), ultra high fidelity is available on PC's that run in peoples office or bedrooms and don't require a TV. Halo's roots lay in split screen game play. Halo used to offer a social gaming experience, not it doesn't, chatting and playing online is not anywhere near as social as real, face to face, arm to arm couch play.
FERENG1 wrote:

all halo gamers would love split screen back, but the majority are willing to trade it for 60fps.
Proof please. You are likely right but don't say it as fact unless you can prove it.
Nicckh wrote:
FERENG1 wrote:
Thorulfr wrote:

Its a physics based shooter. If it wasnt framerate dependent, how would you ensure everyone is equal on dedicated servers, and that everything registers on time
Other games seem to manage just fine.....
Just came on here to voice major disappointment regarding the lack of split screen. This is something that is unheard of for a Halo game and really irks me. I was looking forward to co-oping this game with my girlfriend after we conquer the MCC, but I guess not.... This is a bogus decision and it gets to me even more knowing its due to something as trivial as having 60fps. Ridiculous, add this to the disc-less LCE of the game and 343/MS really disappointed and ticked off a long time Halo fan.... So, dumb.
FERENG1 wrote:

But, a significant minority of people are very very dissapointed by this descision and likely to change to change their purchasing decisions based on this silly decision of 343's.
I have a pole going right now, if you want cast your vote and show I'm wrong, invite others as well https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/the-frame-rate-debate-and-splitscreen/b405b82e-3d7f-4ac9-8e20-5484d4112cc4/posts
Link to thread

this should be a bit easier, using phone and it didn't like me doing this when I was quoting a comment
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 41
  4. 42
  5. 43
  6. 44
  7. 45
  8. ...
  9. 53