Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The Perfect Micro-Transaction/Req System?

OP Chipmmunk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Exoworld wrote:
How about no micro transactions at all,is that to much to ask?
Exactly, I agree. Sick of the whole REQ/Micro-transactions ruining Halo.

COD has microtransactions AND dlc map packs. Would you guys rather split up the community by having dlc or have every play on the same maps with the Free dlc thing. I personally dont like the game being unfinished at launch and have them tryiny to fix it by the "free" dlc, but i much rather have that then dlc that has to be paid for
Gears 4 is making season pass's optional, allowing all fans to play all the maps online for free while season pass is a choice for personal use like custom games so I don't see why 343i can't do the same for future Halo games. The community is already split and a lot of us are sick of just seeing mostly forge only maps in playlists like in BTB.
COD has microtransactions AND dlc map packs. Would you guys rather split up the community by having dlc or have every play on the same maps with the Free dlc thing. I personally dont like the game being unfinished at launch and have them tryiny to fix it by the "free" dlc, but i much rather have that then dlc that has to be paid for
Dude did you even read the post? It doesnt talk about removing the micro-transaction system, it talks about finding a way to make it better.

Personally I'd much rather have everything given for free (after you buy the game of course), but hey maybe I'm just crazy. However that will most likely never happen so therefore we need to try and find a way to make all of this work to please everyone not just one group of people.
You should be able to buy specific armies and helmets that you want
You should be able to buy specific armies and helmets that you want
As I stated in other comments there can be specific armor pieces that can only be bought via the credit system, however the main way of earning armor pieces would be through the achievement system.

Armor variants can also be bought through the credit system either via req packs or if your looking for that specific armor piece you can just provide an large amount of credits for the variant you want.
I am actually pretty okay with the req system now. And i know that not everybody shares my opinion on this topic.
The Dnend Legion
hmmm....
Chipmmunk wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
I did not like his ideas at all because I believe I have a better solution.

1. Have the RNG portion stay with warzone. The people who don't play warzone are forced to unlock things for warzone every time they open a pack. If the req packs are exclusive to warzone, then the only arena players wouldn't have to worry about getting loadout weapons, power ups, power weapons, and vehicles.

2. Make "credits" req points. This would allow people to spend the req points on cosmetics OR req packs. They'd have to choose which one they want to buy. To make it so that you couldn't just save up and buy the best armor, you'd have to rank up so you could buy the armor.

3. Make microtransactions give you rp. Instead of buying a silver pack or a gold pack, you'd buy 5,000 rp or 10,000 rp.

4. Make some cosmetics attainable through commendations/achievements. Do I really need to explain more?
Thats basically everything that they stated? I don't see how you don't agree.
Their req system involved them completely changing warzone so we wouldn't have to get guns and vehicles in the packs. Also, they said you would still have to use the RNG system to get armor variants.
But most of the points you stated still loosely follow their ideas the only thing that you want different it seems is that req weapons should be present in packs.

The best solution in my opinion would be to have some cosmetics that can only be purchased through the credit/micro-transaction system, that way if people don't feel like doing"tedious" tasks to get different armor they can either just gamble with req packs or purchase them (at an inflated price), I feel the system they suggested could be very flexible compared to the one you stated that is why I have to stick with their ideas.
Their system still connected warzone and arena, which I also didn't like. The armor should not be unlocked by RNG. Most of the base armor should be unlocked through achievements/commendations or by buying them with rp (all the variants would have to be bought with rp once the base variant is unlocked. The RNG req packs should only unlock weapons, vehicles, and power ups for warzone. That way, the arena only players wouldn't have to unlock warzone stuff. I just didn't like how they eliminated warzone's key gameplay and how there was still RNG involved for cosmetics.
Chipmmunk wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
I did not like his ideas at all because I believe I have a better solution.

1. Have the RNG portion stay with warzone. The people who don't play warzone are forced to unlock things for warzone every time they open a pack. If the req packs are exclusive to warzone, then the only arena players wouldn't have to worry about getting loadout weapons, power ups, power weapons, and vehicles.

2. Make "credits" req points. This would allow people to spend the req points on cosmetics OR req packs. They'd have to choose which one they want to buy. To make it so that you couldn't just save up and buy the best armor, you'd have to rank up so you could buy the armor.

3. Make microtransactions give you rp. Instead of buying a silver pack or a gold pack, you'd buy 5,000 rp or 10,000 rp.

4. Make some cosmetics attainable through commendations/achievements. Do I really need to explain more?
Thats basically everything that they stated? I don't see how you don't agree.
Their req system involved them completely changing warzone so we wouldn't have to get guns and vehicles in the packs. Also, they said you would still have to use the RNG system to get armor variants.
But most of the points you stated still loosely follow their ideas the only thing that you want different it seems is that req weapons should be present in packs.

The best solution in my opinion would be to have some cosmetics that can only be purchased through the credit/micro-transaction system, that way if people don't feel like doing"tedious" tasks to get different armor they can either just gamble with req packs or purchase them (at an inflated price), I feel the system they suggested could be very flexible compared to the one you stated that is why I have to stick with their ideas.
Their system still connected warzone and arena, which I also didn't like. The armor should not be unlocked by RNG. Most of the base armor should be unlocked through achievements/commendations or by buying them with rp (all the variants would have to be bought with rp once the base variant is unlocked. The RNG req packs should only unlock weapons, vehicles, and power ups for warzone. That way, the arena only players wouldn't have to unlock warzone stuff. I just didn't like how they eliminated warzone's key gameplay and how there was still RNG involved for cosmetics.
How does it connect Arena and Warzone? All armor must first be unlocked via completing challenges therefore armor is technically not unlocked via RNG, armor variants on the other hand can only be unlocked via RNG methods or simply by paying credits for them. (Which is basically what they stated and you repeated). There are no RNG req packs in the method they mentioned, weapons for warzone would follow a completely different mechanic. Arena players would be not be affected by this proposed method at all (unless if the armor piece they want requires them to complete a warzone achievement).

I still dont see your issue?
Why don't we just have the Halo Reach credit system but modified. Where you can buy the base versions of the armor with credits, but you have to buy Req packs with credits to get the variants. And if they still want us to spend money on the system, just let us buy credits.
I think the cR system from Reach should return for basic armor/armor attachments. Unlock armor over time, buy the parts you want with in-game currency. They can make it to where you can buy cR if you want, and also have premium armor only available through microtransactions if necessary. There should also still be achievement-based armor, but more like Halo 4. You shouldn't have to do something crazy for every piece of armor in the game.

Also I wholeheartedly agree with removing weapons from the REQ system. Halo is on-map pickups (which is partly why I enjoyed Dominion so much more than Warzone), so mixing that with a mid-match reward system similar to the original Homefront multiplayer where everyone has access to the same pool of weapons and vehicles would be ideal.
That's nice and all, but you can't really expect a game to just overhaul its core progression mechanic. I think it would be better if they did what most RNG games do: bump up the loot drop rate, or in this case buff the RP given each match. May not get exactly what you want, but at least the grind goes a bit faster and becomes more engaging.
Micro-transactions are not going anywhere now! They are here to stay. .... i don't think they should charge for req packs at all tho all should be attainable in game by points or earned by playing and unlocking somehow! The only they should charge for are the special packs that come out fit league or the huge WAR ZONE req! I mean they make money off selling the game at launch! And now they want more. ... that's unnecessary! They need to keep this at a minimum and not punish the players by charging for everything!
slvr cobra wrote:
I think the cR system from Reach should return for basic armor/armor attachments. Unlock armor over time, buy the parts you want with in-game currency. They can make it to where you can buy cR if you want, and also have premium armor only available through microtransactions if necessary. There should also still be achievement-based armor, but more like Halo 4. You shouldn't have to do something crazy for every piece of armor in the game.

Also I wholeheartedly agree with removing weapons from the REQ system. Halo is on-map pickups (which is partly why I enjoyed Dominion so much more than Warzone), so mixing that with a mid-match reward system similar to the original Homefront multiplayer where everyone has access to the same pool of weapons and vehicles would be ideal.
Well as I stated in previous comments, the challenges dont have to be absurdly impossible (maybe like 3 of them), but a bit more challenging or rewarding to complete.

And yeah I totally agree with you on the weapon portion.
That's nice and all, but you can't really expect a game to just overhaul its core progression mechanic. I think it would be better if they did what most RNG games do: bump up the loot drop rate, or in this case buff the RP given each match. May not get exactly what you want, but at least the grind goes a bit faster and becomes more engaging.
In theory that makes a ton of sense but as we have seen before thats not how it works out. Look at progression system from Halo 3, now look at the style of Halo Reaches progression system and how that went, now look at the system found in Halo 4, now Halo 5. All of these systems share little to no similarities compared to there predecessors.

Anyways this system isnt foreign by any means, it uses the best of every system and wraps them all together into a neat bow.
Micro transactions, no!
Micro transactions are like cigarettes for games, People can't help but buy them and they are unhealthy for the game and you. I feel like micro transactions only belong for exclusive content. H5 doesn't offer that with the base packs.
I agree with the armor part , weapons is kinda iffy.
Micro transactions, no!
Did you even read the post? If not then dont comment
I agree with the armor part , weapons is kinda iffy.
Yeah, as I said the weapon part is kinda iffy, personally I turned down the idea at first however after thinking it through I find that it provides a lot more upside.
Thats exactly my thoughts OP
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6