Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The Perfect Micro-Transaction/Req System?

OP Chipmmunk

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Some of that works, however some of it doesn't seem to work well, mainly the armor unlock system with packs, oh you got a super legendary helmet. You can't wear it because you haven't play a 1000 hours. Companies would never go for that because it discourages people from spending money. It should be that both have exclusives, but more are in the micro transactions, but there are still cool ones that can be earned that can't be bought.
Thats exactly my thoughts OP
Glad you agree.
Some of that works, however some of it doesn't seem to work well, mainly the armor unlock system with packs, oh you got a super legendary helmet. You can't wear it because you haven't play a 1000 hours. Companies would never go for that because it discourages people from spending money. It should be that both have exclusives, but more are in the micro transactions, but there are still cool ones that can be earned that can't be bought.
Hmmm, I see your point.

Dont you think this could also be a motivational factor though? I mean if I get a cool armor variant that I didn't have the basic piece for I would try my damn hardest to get it, this could then lead to a multitude of possibilities to promote community interaction. For example I could search for people online that have the same goal in mind so we can group up, or I could watch a YouTube video on the easiest way to get that basic armor piece which leads to even more community interaction.

I mean yeah I see this could be a turn off for some people but I feel like more people would be encouraged rather than disappointed.
Why don't we just have the Halo Reach credit system but modified. Where you can buy the base versions of the armor with credits, but you have to buy Req packs with credits to get the variants. And if they still want us to spend money on the system, just let us buy credits.
But that still introduces the same problem that exists in Halo 5 because the armor is basically meaningless. No skill is required to unlock anything so nobody gets any satisfaction from unlocking a new armor.
Bensolo31 wrote:
Why don't we just have the Halo Reach credit system but modified. Where you can buy the base versions of the armor with credits, but you have to buy Req packs with credits to get the variants. And if they still want us to spend money on the system, just let us buy credits.
But that still introduces the same problem that exists in Halo 5 because the armor is basically meaningless. No skill is required to unlock anything so nobody gets any satisfaction from unlocking a new armor.
I mean there would still be satisfaction in saving up your reqs for that one armor piece however I would find it much more enjoyable to complete a challenge because that would show others that I accomplished something difficult or time consuming.
Chipmmunk wrote:
Bensolo31 wrote:
Why don't we just have the Halo Reach credit system but modified. Where you can buy the base versions of the armor with credits, but you have to buy Req packs with credits to get the variants. And if they still want us to spend money on the system, just let us buy credits.
But that still introduces the same problem that exists in Halo 5 because the armor is basically meaningless. No skill is required to unlock anything so nobody gets any satisfaction from unlocking a new armor.
I mean there would still be satisfaction in saving up your reqs for that one armor piece however I would find it much more enjoyable to complete a challenge because that would show others that I accomplished something difficult or time consuming.
Exactly. Keep the base armors/helmets unlocked via commendations while the variants can be unlocked from REQ packs or purchased with a credit system.

Most people are against the idea of this new system because "it would be too hard to complete crazy commendations" but they don't all have to be crazy in difficulty. Some could be unlocked by getting a double kill, or finishing a game with the most kills or least deaths so that even noobs can get some customization options. However, the cooler armors would be harder to get, like by getting an overkill or getting 5 sniper headshots in one game. A system like this would extend gametime played as well as provide players with "Halo memories" from unlocking those more difficult armors/helmets.
Bensolo31 wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Bensolo31 wrote:
Why don't we just have the Halo Reach credit system but modified. Where you can buy the base versions of the armor with credits, but you have to buy Req packs with credits to get the variants. And if they still want us to spend money on the system, just let us buy credits.
But that still introduces the same problem that exists in Halo 5 because the armor is basically meaningless. No skill is required to unlock anything so nobody gets any satisfaction from unlocking a new armor.
I mean there would still be satisfaction in saving up your reqs for that one armor piece however I would find it much more enjoyable to complete a challenge because that would show others that I accomplished something difficult or time consuming.
Exactly. Keep the base armors/helmets unlocked via commendations while the variants can be unlocked from REQ packs or purchased with a credit system.

Most people are against the idea of this new system because "it would be too hard to complete crazy commendations" but they don't all have to be crazy in difficulty. Some could be unlocked by getting a double kill, or finishing a game with the most kills or least deaths so that even noobs can get some customization options. However, the cooler armors would be harder to get, like by getting an overkill or getting 5 sniper headshots in one game. A system like this would extend gametime played as well as provide players with "Halo memories" from unlocking those more difficult armors/helmets.
Yeah these past few titles have sorely been missing those "Halo Memory" moments, never thought of it that way, just another reason to implement this system.
I've actually found myself at the mercy of a random REQ system to often to count.
Unlike a skill based system where you earn things for achievements the REQ system randomly awards things, sometimes not even useful things.
Example: I never had armor and never got armor, a much as I played. I hated having a generic armor template, Helioskrill achievement was and is taking to long and none of the REQ packs were giving me armor. I did everything possible in the REQ system to get new armor. I played almost daily, got commendations, climbed from rank to rank, sold things, got the free REQ packs with new feature releases, even at my most desperate traded in a ton of points to buy some of the gold packs in the store (or silver) for, as the store announced it, a chance at a permanent unlock. Nothing. I looked online for help only to have my hopes dashed upon the rocks upon finding the knowledge there is no way to get armor without random REQ spawns. By the grace of God I finally was able to get two sets of armor with the last update pack but the fact that there is no way to get armor, not even a store of which you could use a number of REQ points to even buy armor, is deeply troubling and upsetting. I think having the option to level up or gain certain achievements, by doing things like, collecting all the intel in a campaign, collecting all the skulls in the campaign (Skullbuster armor perhaps?), getting a certain number of trick shots with a particular weapon or a certain number of medals (I know the commendations are similar to this but more of if you get a certain commendation you get a pack of exclusive armor, banner, visor and weapon skins instead of more REQ points) or on and on would be a much more reqarding system where you had the option to earn this stuff instead of being left at the mercy of a random generating system.
For vehicles and weapons, more understandable since they are temporary but for permanent unlocks there should be a guaranteed system.

PS
STILL haven't gotten any weapon skins or visor changes, assassinations or poses.
I've actually found myself at the mercy of a random REQ system to often to count.
Unlike a skill based system where you earn things for achievements the REQ system randomly awards things, sometimes not even useful things.
Example: I never had armor and never got armor, a much as I played. I hated having a generic armor template, Helioskrill achievement was and is taking to long and none of the REQ packs were giving me armor. I did everything possible in the REQ system to get new armor. I played almost daily, got commendations, climbed from rank to rank, sold things, got the free REQ packs with new feature releases, even at my most desperate traded in a ton of points to buy some of the gold packs in the store (or silver) for, as the store announced it, a chance at a permanent unlock. Nothing. I looked online for help only to have my hopes dashed upon the rocks upon finding the knowledge there is no way to get armor without random REQ spawns. By the grace of God I finally was able to get two sets of armor with the last update pack but the fact that there is no way to get armor, not even a store of which you could use a number of REQ points to even buy armor, is deeply troubling and upsetting. I think having the option to level up or gain certain achievements, by doing things like, collecting all the intel in a campaign, collecting all the skulls in the campaign (Skullbuster armor perhaps?), getting a certain number of trick shots with a particular weapon or a certain number of medals (I know the commendations are similar to this but more of if you get a certain commendation you get a pack of exclusive armor, banner, visor and weapon skins instead of more REQ points) or on and on would be a much more reqarding system where you had the option to earn this stuff instead of being left at the mercy of a random generating system.
For vehicles and weapons, more understandable since they are temporary but for permanent unlocks there should be a guaranteed system.

PS
STILL haven't gotten any weapon skins or visor changes, assassinations or poses.
Yeah this can be a problem for newer players, this system provides a clear method on how one would get certain armor pieces which is fantastic in my opinion. Also as you stated it is much more rewarding.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, Im glad to see others like the idea
Chipmmunk wrote:
I've actually found myself at the mercy of a random REQ system to often to count.
Unlike a skill based system where you earn things for achievements the REQ system randomly awards things, sometimes not even useful things.
Example: I never had armor and never got armor, a much as I played. I hated having a generic armor template, Helioskrill achievement was and is taking to long and none of the REQ packs were giving me armor. I did everything possible in the REQ system to get new armor. I played almost daily, got commendations, climbed from rank to rank, sold things, got the free REQ packs with new feature releases, even at my most desperate traded in a ton of points to buy some of the gold packs in the store (or silver) for, as the store announced it, a chance at a permanent unlock. Nothing. I looked online for help only to have my hopes dashed upon the rocks upon finding the knowledge there is no way to get armor without random REQ spawns. By the grace of God I finally was able to get two sets of armor with the last update pack but the fact that there is no way to get armor, not even a store of which you could use a number of REQ points to even buy armor, is deeply troubling and upsetting. I think having the option to level up or gain certain achievements, by doing things like, collecting all the intel in a campaign, collecting all the skulls in the campaign (Skullbuster armor perhaps?), getting a certain number of trick shots with a particular weapon or a certain number of medals (I know the commendations are similar to this but more of if you get a certain commendation you get a pack of exclusive armor, banner, visor and weapon skins instead of more REQ points) or on and on would be a much more reqarding system where you had the option to earn this stuff instead of being left at the mercy of a random generating system.
For vehicles and weapons, more understandable since they are temporary but for permanent unlocks there should be a guaranteed system.

PS
STILL haven't gotten any weapon skins or visor changes, assassinations or poses.
Yeah this can be a problem for newer players, this system provides a clear method on how one would get certain armor pieces which is fantastic in my opinion. Also as you stated it is much more rewarding.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, Im glad to see others like the idea
Thank you. I appreciate hearing your opinion and am glad to hear you and others feel the same :)
Exoworld wrote:
How about no micro transactions at all,is that to much to ask?
Microtrasactions do pay for free DLC. That is a good thing. The problem with the REQ system, IMO, is that it took a lot away from the game. Armor used to be an in game achievement system of sorts. People could tell what you've gone through by what you were wearing. When everything cosmetic is based on RNG it completely removes that aspect of the game.

There are some benefits to a microtransaction system. Like I said earlier, they help pay for Free DLC. REQ packs are also fun to open sometimes. If 343i can find a middle point, where they can re-add an achievement based system, while keeping aspcets of the REQ system in place to campitalize on the benefits that it offers it would be ideal.

The framework that these four came up with is a perfect solution in my mind.
Exoworld wrote:
How about no micro transactions at all,is that to much to ask?
Microtrasactions do pay for free DLC. That is a good thing. The problem with the REQ system, IMO, is that it took a lot away from the game. Armor used to be an in game achievement system of sorts. People could tell what you've gone through by what you were wearing. When everything cosmetic is based on RNG it completely removes that aspect of the game.
There are some benefits to a microtransaction system. Like I said earlier, they help pay for Free DLC. REQ packs are also fun to open sometimes. If 343i can find a middle point, where they can re-add an achievement based system, while keeping aspcets of the REQ system in place to campitalize on the benefits that it offers it would be ideal.
The framework that these four came up with is a perfect solution in my mind.
My thoughts exactly!
Thanks for sharing your opinion, would love to here more discussion on this topic and possibly get a response from a 343 employee. (Bravo I know your watching)
This is good for a forum post. Help 343 know what they should do different either in an update or later Halo game.
Better were the days where you actually earned your armor.
This is good for a forum post. Help 343 know what they should do different either in an update or later Halo game.
Thanks, I really appreciate that. And yeah I'm hoping this post can gain some recognition and get people more on board with this new system, I for one find this system 10x better than the one found in Halo 5.

And even if people dont agree with this system, they can post their views on why it wouldn't work or why they dislike certain aspects of it which just makes for an even more polished variant of this system. Constructive interaction is something this community has been desperately missing for a while and I was thinking this could help us get back on the right track, if not at least for a bit.

Anyways thanks for voicing your opinion!
Better were the days where you actually earned your armor.
This system brings back those days in a way, so I'm assuming your on board?
Just charge us an extra $30-60 with the base game, we won't notice the difference
Just charge us an extra $30-60 with the base game, we won't notice the difference
Yeah, people will notice a difference since it will be the only game on the market with a a $90-120 price tag. People would immediately be turned off by this and this will then most likely lead to the lowest sales of any Halo Game.
V0LTEDGE wrote:
Micro-transactions are not going anywhere now! They are here to stay. .... i don't think they should charge for req packs at all tho all should be attainable in game by points or earned by playing and unlocking somehow! The only they should charge for are the special packs that come out fit league or the huge WAR ZONE req! I mean they make money off selling the game at launch! And now they want more. ... that's unnecessary! They need to keep this at a minimum and not punish the players by charging for everything!
Exactly! I dont understand how companies are getting away with this, and it;s sickening honestly.

Also as much as I hate MT's in Halo, they do provide some good(supposedly) with them being the driving force for DLC. So if we're going to have MT's in future titles at least make them less damaging to the game, which is what this system plans on doing.

Anyways,thanks for sharing your opinion.
This is good for a forum post. Help 343 know what they should do different either in an update or later Halo game.
To bad no one is seeing this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6