Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The Perfect Micro-Transaction/Req System?

OP Chipmmunk

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
I just watched the whole video and they bring up a lot of good ideas. We can't simply ask Microsoft and 343 to stop monetizing Halo, this almost certainly will never work. But the ideas they propose could potentially make everyone happy: Microsoft, 343, and the fans. I recommend watching the whole video as well.
I AM ALL FOR THIS SYSTEM
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS
WOP1796 wrote:
I AM ALL FOR THIS SYSTEM
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS
Thank you for responding, I would love to see how the rest of the community reacts to this idea.
I just watched the whole video and they bring up a lot of good ideas. We can't simply ask Microsoft and 343 to stop monetizing Halo, this almost certainly will never work. But the ideas they propose could potentially make everyone happy: Microsoft, 343, and the fans. I recommend watching the whole video as well.
At this point we cant just remove it from the game however we can make it as not intrusive as possible and this system I believe would be ideal for everyone.

I'm glad you agree with their ideas, and thank you for posting. Helps this page get on the top of the forums.
I am definitely in favor for an achievement based system for cosmetic items. The idea of a new Warzone without the current req system and an emphasis on giving players incentive to capture bases, kill enemies, etc. really intrigues me. These guys really had some good ideas and give me a lot of hope for the franchise.
WOP1796 wrote:
I am definitely in favor for an achievement based system for cosmetic items. The idea of a new Warzone without the current req system and an emphasis on giving players incentive to capture bases, kill enemies, etc. really intrigues me. These guys really had some good ideas and give me a lot of hope for the franchise.
Exactly, its a win win in my opinion, this system promotes objective gameplay, makes matches mor balanced and just seems like a ton more fun overall. I really dons see any downsides to this system.
Im willing to bet Micro Transaction s and the REQ system are massively responsible for H5 being the failure it is. Corporate greed.
LUCENT 76 wrote:
Im willing to bet Micro Transaction s and the REQ system are massively responsible for H5 being the failure it is. Corporate greed.
I wouldnt go as far as saying that. In my opinion MT's are just a fraction of what led to the downfall of Halo 5. Halo 5 "failed" due to several reasons.
LUCENT 76 wrote:
Im willing to bet Micro Transaction s and the REQ system are massively responsible for H5 being the failure it is. Corporate greed.
For example launching with the REQ dependent Warzone instead of BTB H4s most populated play list.
Chipmmunk wrote:
LUCENT 76 wrote:
Im willing to bet Micro Transaction s and the REQ system are massively responsible for H5 being the failure it is. Corporate greed.
I wouldnt go as far as saying that. In my opinion MT's are just a fraction of what led to the downfall of Halo 5. Halo 5 "failed" due to several reasons.
Well I for one much preferred the game play of H4
LUCENT 76 wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
LUCENT 76 wrote:
Im willing to bet Micro Transaction s and the REQ system are massively responsible for H5 being the failure it is. Corporate greed.
I wouldnt go as far as saying that. In my opinion MT's are just a fraction of what led to the downfall of Halo 5. Halo 5 "failed" due to several reasons.
Well I for one much preferred the game play of H4
Thats a side most people wouldnt agree on, again there are several reasons for Halo 5's "failure" (And I only put it in quotations because it still made a buttload through MT's and initial sales). However thats another topic for another day.
Chipmmunk wrote:
LUCENT 76 wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
LUCENT 76 wrote:
Im willing to bet Micro Transaction s and the REQ system are massively responsible for H5 being the failure it is. Corporate greed.
I wouldnt go as far as saying that. In my opinion MT's are just a fraction of what led to the downfall of Halo 5. Halo 5 "failed" due to several reasons.
Well I for one much preferred the game play of H4
Thats a side most people wouldnt agree on, again there are several reasons for Halo 5's "failure" (And I only put it in quotations because it still made a buttload through MT's and initial sales). However thats another topic for another day.
It might of made a Buttload but are the people who purchased it satisfied, I would have waited till it hit the bargain bins if I had known, Hype and nostalgia can only sustain a series so far.
Just checked out the thread!

It's cool to see all these responses.

I've seen a lot if support and good feedback concerns.

I'm currently working on a video that delves a little deeper in to the things we talked about.
Favyn wrote:
Just checked out the thread!

It's cool to see all these responses.

I've seen a lot if support and good feedback concerns.

I'm currently working on a video that delves a little deeper in to the things we talked about.
Just watched your vid! Cool to hear the ideas you and the others put out.
Favyn wrote:
Just checked out the thread!

It's cool to see all these responses.

I've seen a lot if support and good feedback concerns.

I'm currently working on a video that delves a little deeper in to the things we talked about.
Im glad you guys came up with these ideas, they seem fantastic! Thanks for taking your time to post, we need to let others know.
Favyn wrote:
Just checked out the thread!

It's cool to see all these responses.

I've seen a lot if support and good feedback concerns.

I'm currently working on a video that delves a little deeper in to the things we talked about.
Keep up your good work. Halo needs people like you Favyn.
I believe that my system is the best. Here is how it works:

Unlocks:

Halo 5's RNG (req pack) unlock system for armor, assassinations, skins, etc annoyed many people who prefer to earn their cosmetic items through methods such as ranking up and/or completing achievements. Therefore, for Halo 6, I propose the following unlock system:

With the exception of Warzone exclusive items (loadout weapons, power weapons, vehicles, etc) which will be still obtained in req packs (using req points not money), once an cosmetic item is unlocked it will have to be purchased using req points (kind of like Halo Reach's system but with req points replacing credits).

Armor: Armor in Halo 6 would be unlocked in sets through ranking up (through Spartan Rank). These sets would include the helmet, shoulders, chest, forearms, and legs (which can later be mixed and matched with other sets in the armory).

Visors: Visors will be unlocked through ranking up as well.

Weapon Skins: Weapon skins will be unlocked by completing certain milestones pertaining to the specific weapon. For example, in order to unlock a certain skin for the Battle Rifle you would need to get X amount of kills, headshots, or perfect kills with the BR.

Assassination Animations: Assassination animations would be unlocked by getting a certain amount of assassinations and/or beatdowns (for those of you who just want the kill).

Stances: Stances would be unlocked by completing certain achievements such as beating the campaign on legendary.

Thruster Effects: Thruster effects (similar to armor effects but limited to the thruster animation) would be unlocked by winning a certain amount of multiplayer games (both arena and warzone).

Emblems: Emblems would be unlocked from the start as in earlier Halo games.

Warzone Unlocks: All Warzone unlocks, including permanent unlocks (loadouts and armor mods) and one time unlocks (power ups, power weapons and vehicles) would still be acquisitioned through a RNG requisition pack system (as in Halo 5). Req packs would be purchased using the same req points one uses to purchase unlocked cosmetics.

Req Points/XP:

Req points will be tied to xp points, meaning that if a player gets 100 xp after a game they will get 100 req points. The exception to this rule would be if a req boost was used, in which case the values would differ based on the boost’s multiplier. With a 1.5x boost, for example, a player could get 100 xp and 150 req points. More on req boosts later.

Req and xp points would be obtained from playing matches of multiplayer, customs, forge, campaign, or any other mode. Like in Reach, players will earn points throughout the match based on their performance with additional xp and req points being awarded after the game as well. Completing a campaign level, for example, would give you points based on the difficulty you played on. Completing multiplayer games would obviously give points too (xp and req point bonuses would be given to players who join in progress or loose players on their team). Forge and Customs would yield marginal amounts of points as well.

Req boosts (giving players more req points per game for a day) would be sold in the req store for real money in place of traditional req pack microtransactions. This way players would have to earn their unlocks, no matter how much they paid. This would also encourage payers to play more during the days they buy boosts as well. There could be different boosts offering players 1.5x, 2x, or 2.5x the req points, each priced according to their value. Note: There would be no xp boosts so that all players are on a equal playing field when it comes to their Spartan rank. Boosts would no longer be in req packs either.

So that's my idea and I think it is near perfect. Put your questions regarding my system in the comments and I'll gladly address them.
tydoshi wrote:
Exoworld wrote:
How about no micro transactions at all,is that to much to ask?
Well I dunno about you, but I don't wanna spend 30-50 bucks just to find out 10 other people are playing on the playlist that those new maps are only on.
i know this reply is really late but thats the point of developing the game and releasing it as a full game instead of adding in "free" dlc every month to try and make up for their laziness during the games development
AUB0RN wrote:
I believe that my system is the best. Here is how it works:

Unlocks:

Halo 5's RNG (req pack) unlock system for armor, assassinations, skins, etc annoyed many people who prefer to earn their cosmetic items through methods such as ranking up and/or completing achievements. Therefore, for Halo 6, I propose the following unlock system:

With the exception of Warzone exclusive items (loadout weapons, power weapons, vehicles, etc) which will be still obtained in req packs (using req points not money), once an cosmetic item is unlocked it will have to be purchased using req points (kind of like Halo Reach's system but with req points replacing credits).

Armor: Armor in Halo 6 would be unlocked in sets through ranking up (through Spartan Rank). These sets would include the helmet, shoulders, chest, forearms, and legs (which can later be mixed and matched with other sets in the armory).

Visors: Visors will be unlocked through ranking up as well.

Weapon Skins: Weapon skins will be unlocked by completing certain milestones pertaining to the specific weapon. For example, in order to unlock a certain skin for the Battle Rifle you would need to get X amount of kills, headshots, or perfect kills with the BR.

Assassination Animations: Assassination animations would be unlocked by getting a certain amount of assassinations and/or beatdowns (for those of you who just want the kill).

Stances: Stances would be unlocked by completing certain achievements such as beating the campaign on legendary.

Thruster Effects: Thruster effects (similar to armor effects but limited to the thruster animation) would be unlocked by winning a certain amount of multiplayer games (both arena and warzone).

Emblems: Emblems would be unlocked from the start as in earlier Halo games.

Warzone Unlocks: All Warzone unlocks, including permanent unlocks (loadouts and armor mods) and one time unlocks (power ups, power weapons and vehicles) would still be acquisitioned through a RNG requisition pack system (as in Halo 5). Req packs would be purchased using the same req points one uses to purchase unlocked cosmetics.

Req Points/XP:

Req points will be tied to xp points, meaning that if a player gets 100 xp after a game they will get 100 req points. The exception to this rule would be if a req boost was used, in which case the values would differ based on the boost’s multiplier. With a 1.5x boost, for example, a player could get 100 xp and 150 req points. More on req boosts later.

Req and xp points would be obtained from playing matches of multiplayer, customs, forge, campaign, or any other mode. Like in Reach, players will earn points throughout the match based on their performance with additional xp and req points being awarded after the game as well. Completing a campaign level, for example, would give you points based on the difficulty you played on. Completing multiplayer games would obviously give points too (xp and req point bonuses would be given to players who join in progress or loose players on their team). Forge and Customs would yield marginal amounts of points as well.

Req boosts (giving players more req points per game for a day) would be sold in the req store for real money in place of traditional req pack microtransactions. This way players would have to earn their unlocks, no matter how much they paid. This would also encourage payers to play more during the days they buy boosts as well. There could be different boosts offering players 1.5x, 2x, or 2.5x the req points, each priced according to their value. Note: There would be no xp boosts so that all players are on a equal playing field when it comes to their Spartan rank. Boosts would no longer be in req packs either.

So that's my idea and I think it is near perfect. Put your questions regarding my system in the comments and I'll gladly address them.
I really dont like this system

First off I hate the idea of loadouts and variants of weapons in warzone it makes for chaotic experiences. (not the fun kind)

Secondly I really dont think the mixing XP and RP is a wise ideas as I want XP to actually stand for how experienced you are at the game not how much you have played the game

Thirdly I believe this system is to convoluted, there are way too many ways to unlock customization items which would confuse many casuals and even some veterans. The most unlock systems that should be present at once is two imo, anymore and you just get a big jumbled mess.

I do however like the idea of making micro-transactions req boosts seems like a much better idea compared to just blatantly buying gold packs

Sorry for an absurdly late response I was just really dried out on this topic as no one really seems to care about improving the req system, most just like to complain for why it should or shouldn't remain in the franchise. I admire your constructive response.

Thanks for posting!
Chipmmunk wrote:
AUB0RN wrote:
I believe that my system is the best. Here is how it works:

Unlocks:

Halo 5's RNG (req pack) unlock system for armor, assassinations, skins, etc annoyed many people who prefer to earn their cosmetic items through methods such as ranking up and/or completing achievements. Therefore, for Halo 6, I propose the following unlock system:

With the exception of Warzone exclusive items (loadout weapons, power weapons, vehicles, etc) which will be still obtained in req packs (using req points not money), once an cosmetic item is unlocked it will have to be purchased using req points (kind of like Halo Reach's system but with req points replacing credits).

Armor: Armor in Halo 6 would be unlocked in sets through ranking up (through Spartan Rank). These sets would include the helmet, shoulders, chest, forearms, and legs (which can later be mixed and matched with other sets in the armory).

Visors: Visors will be unlocked through ranking up as well.

Weapon Skins: Weapon skins will be unlocked by completing certain milestones pertaining to the specific weapon. For example, in order to unlock a certain skin for the Battle Rifle you would need to get X amount of kills, headshots, or perfect kills with the BR.

Assassination Animations: Assassination animations would be unlocked by getting a certain amount of assassinations and/or beatdowns (for those of you who just want the kill).

Stances: Stances would be unlocked by completing certain achievements such as beating the campaign on legendary.

Thruster Effects: Thruster effects (similar to armor effects but limited to the thruster animation) would be unlocked by winning a certain amount of multiplayer games (both arena and warzone).

Emblems: Emblems would be unlocked from the start as in earlier Halo games.

Warzone Unlocks: All Warzone unlocks, including permanent unlocks (loadouts and armor mods) and one time unlocks (power ups, power weapons and vehicles) would still be acquisitioned through a RNG requisition pack system (as in Halo 5). Req packs would be purchased using the same req points one uses to purchase unlocked cosmetics.

Req Points/XP:

Req points will be tied to xp points, meaning that if a player gets 100 xp after a game they will get 100 req points. The exception to this rule would be if a req boost was used, in which case the values would differ based on the boost’s multiplier. With a 1.5x boost, for example, a player could get 100 xp and 150 req points. More on req boosts later.

Req and xp points would be obtained from playing matches of multiplayer, customs, forge, campaign, or any other mode. Like in Reach, players will earn points throughout the match based on their performance with additional xp and req points being awarded after the game as well. Completing a campaign level, for example, would give you points based on the difficulty you played on. Completing multiplayer games would obviously give points too (xp and req point bonuses would be given to players who join in progress or loose players on their team). Forge and Customs would yield marginal amounts of points as well.

Req boosts (giving players more req points per game for a day) would be sold in the req store for real money in place of traditional req pack microtransactions. This way players would have to earn their unlocks, no matter how much they paid. This would also encourage payers to play more during the days they buy boosts as well. There could be different boosts offering players 1.5x, 2x, or 2.5x the req points, each priced according to their value. Note: There would be no xp boosts so that all players are on a equal playing field when it comes to their Spartan rank. Boosts would no longer be in req packs either.

So that's my idea and I think it is near perfect. Put your questions regarding my system in the comments and I'll gladly address them.
I really dont like this system

First off I hate the idea of loadouts and variants of weapons in warzone it makes for chaotic experiences. (not the fun kind)

I believe you misunderstood me. Loadout weapons and variants are the same ones currently in Warzone. The Halo 2 BR is a loadout weapon. Norfang is a Req variant.

Secondly I really dont think the mixing XP and RP is a wise ideas as I want XP to actually stand for how experienced you are at the game not how much you have played the game

They are not mixed. They are simply distributed equally. XP and Req points are still fundamentally different. Think of the Halo reach system.

Thirdly I believe this system is to convoluted, there are way too many ways to unlock customization items which would confuse many casuals and even some veterans. The most unlock systems that should be present at once is two imo, anymore and you just get a big jumbled mess.

It's actually quite simple. Want a new assassination? Get a certain amount of assassinations/beatdowns. Want a new BR skin? Get a certain amount of headshots/perfects/kills with the BR.

I do however like the idea of making micro-transactions req boosts seems like a much better idea compared to just blatantly buying gold packs

Thanks. I think so too. Sorry for an absurdly late response I was just really dried out on this topic as no one really seems to care about improving the req system, most just like to complain for why it should or shouldn't remain in the franchise. I admire your constructive response.

Thanks for posting!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6