Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The pistol is the most OP weapon in the game :D

OP SectionUnity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Who doesn't love the most average range, average damage, accurate shooting, quick to switch to, best iron sights, smallest weapon??

I may not be a high rank player but I sure know the best weapon in the game. Especially when watching pro players play and usually pass by the BR or DMR every time. Or just myself in Warzone with a Sentinel Suppressed BR on Battle of Noctus map. Then out of nowhere i get gun down by a guy on the bridge shooting me across the map with a pistol... getting a perfect medal too.

Like really. Who needs another weapon when you spawn with the most powerful weapon...

Edit: This is sarcasm btw. It shouldnʻt be so strong.
The H5 Magnum is best described as a "pocket DMR". If you can handle it, you'll dominate most gunfights with ease.
No
HaXoR73 wrote:
The H5 Magnum is best described as a "pocket DMR". If you can handle it, you'll dominate most gunfights with ease.
Thats the thing, its freelo and honestly not that hard to handle. If you can handle DMR, carbine, Light rifle then you can handle your handgun
Cov ar’s are the best if we are talking close range. The pistole is the most versatile tho. I’d rather it over heavy weapons too.
After all the weapon tuning the DMR basically feels useless next to the pistol and it seems like its tied with the BR. At this point it feels questionable to change it out since its great at every range and everything else is more specialized.
Im not a fan of it at all. Its pushed way too much. I personally loved the BR in halo 2 & 3 the best.
Nah, i think the Beam rifle is the best.
Who doesn't love the most average range, average damage, accurate shooting, quick to switch to, best iron sights, smallest weapon??

I may not be a high rank player but I sure know the best weapon in the game. Especially when watching pro players play and usually pass by the BR or DMR every time. Or just myself in Warzone with a Sentinel Suppressed BR on Battle of Noctus map. Then out of nowhere i get gun down by a guy on the bridge shooting me across the map with a pistol... getting a perfect medal too.

Like really. Who needs another weapon when you spawn with the most powerful weapon.
Don't blame the magnum, blame the weapon tuning by 343 mess. It used to be the BR, in only needed a reduction to its effective range and instead we literary got a dirty diaper for a weapon, resulting in the magnum being better that any other load out weapon. however, the magnum is not op. It fits its intended role and it does require very good aim to kill someone outside its range.
V Agonia wrote:

Like really. Who needs another weapon when you spawn with the most powerful weapon.
Don't blame the magnum, blame the weapon tuning by 343 mess. It used to be the BR, in only needed a reduction to its effective range and instead we literary got a dirty diaper for a weapon, resulting in the magnum being better that any other load out weapon. however, the magnum is not op. It fits its intended role and it does require very good aim to kill someone outside its range.
Honestly, i hope we go back to the weaker pistols of Halo 3, Reach and Halo 4. They were more balanced and not unbalanced as heck like the CE and 5 magnums. If the pistol is better then your AR, BR or DMR, there is a problem.
That fast firing light weight magnum is beast
The Pistol is only superior now because it's the only standing weapon in a field full of shafted weapons. The BR went through a weird midlife crisis where it tried to be a starting weapon and then had to go back on that, now it just has a lot of recoil at mid distance. The DMR became strictly a long range weapon, almost too long to be worth it on most Arena maps.

So the Pistol just stayed as "Ol' Reliable" because you don't have to worry about being too far away in Arena maps and you don't have to do calculations in your head to see how close is too close.

They were more balanced and not unbalanced as heck like the CE and 5 magnums. If the pistol is better then your AR, BR or DMR, there is a problem.
There's kinda a difference between most used and overpowered. The CE Magnum was kinda far from it. It had a role that fit a lot of people's playstyles, which is a short-mid distance weapon that can take people down with a headshot.

Believe it or not, the CE Magnum isn't exceptional at all ranges. If you knew what you were doing, you could pull off a short range kill or some long range kills, but if you had the right weapon, chances are you'd do the same thing or better. Its mechanics are a bit difficult explicitly to prevent long range kills from being so easy, because that's the Sniper Rifle's role.
The pistol is over powered. It's rediculous the distance it can do damage, and games where everyone sits back and pistol snipes is boring.
Back in the day, the pistol was a decent weapon. The battle rifle would out perform it, but it wasn't a guaranteed loss if you had a pistol and came across a guy with a battle rifle. Since last year, many of the weapons were pretty well butchered. The pistol remained as it was, and compared to the rest of the butchered weaponry, it emerged as the go to gun for most things. Granted, you couldn't use it at long range vs a dmr, but it tends to pretty well out perform the other stock weapons in most scenarios.
You know it's one of the best weapons in the game, when you feel sad it's not a startup weapon in Big Team.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Funny 😁 people said that same thing with the bolt shot in Halo 4 by being a pocket shotgun and they nerf the 🤬 out of that weapon. But when comes to the pistol 🔫 they just make op as 🤬 and never change it.
Agreed.
Thats why i don't play ranked anymore. A pistol that is way stronger then an battle rifle?? Get outa here...
Dont play ranked, i like br’s, carbine, lr. Btb ftw
I trust the magnum more than I trust my party mates. When my AR is empty and I have to switch to my sidearm I legitimately feel zero drawbacks. Normally in an online game I have to fan the hammer and pray that I live.

Magnum is my favorite DMR.

@Fatt

Ranked is the only playlists I can even find a match in.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2