The Purist "Stay Halo" Community is The Minority

OP TheMUffINMaN855

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not make violent or threatening posts against forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
You know whats funny, the so called purist halo fan that you are knocking right now.

well they predicted halo 4 abysmal failure. they were RIGHT. you see, halo.

you see it was those purist who made halo what it is.

also, how is the halo community "thriving" it has 5% of it's release day population playing halo 4, the forums are a wreck, where activity wise, it IS dead, you want to see a thriving community, look at the bungie forums, there are new post all the time, from new people all the time, here it's the same people posting repeated content over and over and over.
I would say on waypoint forums the "purist" are the minority.
You know whats funny, the so called purist halo fan that you are knocking right now.

also, how is the halo community "thriving" it has 5% of it's release day population playing halo 4, the forums are a wreck, where activity wise, it IS dead, you want to see a thriving community, look at the bungie forums, there are new post all the time, from new people all the time, here it's the same people posting repeated content over and over and over.
This.
I agree..and its pissing me off as well
Everywhere I go there are so many people just having a great time and saying how much Halo 5 is a blast, and then in those same places are a few people that are sacks of negativity saying how 343 killed Halo and how Halo 5 is COD. It's not just here, it's everywhere.

I knew someone would say this. Even if there are 5,000 people playing Halo, it is alive. It doesn't matter how many, it only matters that that amount loves what they're doing. Life in something is not a physical representation, it is mental.
I consider myself a Halo purist and I'm really enjoying the beta. There's a difference between actual Halo purists and "I hate everything that isn't the original trilogy" purists.
I also am starting to really hate the halo community and a lot of the cry babies this gen
The thing people continually cite is how CE and 2 kept a playerbase for far longer as if somehow this was down solely to the quality of the games and not the obvious fact that they had virtually no competition.

Halo redefined console shooters when it came out. Prior to that we played Perfect Dark on the N64 and the contrast could not be higher. It is no wonder then that it captured a huge chunk of the market when it did. When Halo 2 was released we rushed to the shops during lunch at college to get it, there was no question of buying anything else as there was nothing else. Neither Call of Duty nor Battlefield had even released a game on the Xbox yet.

However now we have Call of Duty games coming out every year, Battlefield every two years (or less now EA have got their way), Medal of Honour occasionally showing up and making us laugh and god knows how many other shooters coming out of the blue with some new franchise like Titanfall did. In today's market of course a new Halo game isn't going to hold the same kind of player numbers as it used to.

Everywhere I go there are so many people just having a great time and saying how much Halo 5 is a blast, and then in those same places are a few people that are sacks of negativity saying how 343 killed Halo and how Halo 5 is COD. It's not just here, it's everywhere.
If so many people are voicing such a strong opinion try and hear them out you know. See their point of view.

My point of view is the kids having a great time with this new halo, would still have a fun time with "old" Halo. I don't get why 343 is willing to lose core fans that love halo. Also these kids who are enjoying these new features are not going to stick around and support our community. They will leave once the next fps with the same exact features comes out.
Fredex wrote:
The thing people continually cite is how CE and 2 kept a playerbase for far longer as if somehow this was down solely to the quality of the games and not the obvious fact that they had virtually no competition.

Halo redefined console shooters when it came out. Prior to that we played Perfect Dark on the N64 and the contrast could not be higher. It is no wonder then that it captured a huge chunk of the market when it did. When Halo 2 was released we rushed to the shops during lunch at college to get it, there was no question of buying anything else as there was nothing else. Neither Call of Duty nor Battlefield had even released a game on the Xbox yet.

However now we have Call of Duty games coming out every year, Battlefield every two years (or less now EA have got their way), Medal of Honour occasionally showing up and making us laugh and god knows how many other shooters coming out of the blue with some new franchise like Titanfall did. In today's market of course a new Halo game isn't going to hold the same kind of player numbers as it used to.
Now that I think about this that's right. Halo 1 and 2 had NO competition on console. NONE! Everything else was cannon fodder for Halo. Halo 3 was the last game to have the population. Sure, 3 kept a steady large population, but at the same time COD suddenly became mainstream, Battlefield came into modern times, and there was an oversaturation of shooters that is getting worse, and in all that, Halo is still living. I find that to be an accomplishment considering even Halo 5 has some outdated things that some modern players might find questionable.

If so many people are voicing such a strong opinion try and hear them out you know. See their point of view.

My point of view is the kids having a great time with this new halo, would still have a fun time with "old" Halo. I don't get why 343 is willing to lose core fans that love halo. Also these kids who are enjoying these new features are not going to stick around and support our community. They will leave once the next fps with the same exact features comes out.
Then screw them! If they don't care then they don't deserve Halo! Leave the people that actually care for the series still to play, and Halo will still not die.
Fredex wrote:

Now that I think about this that's right. Halo 1 and 2 had NO competition on console. NONE! Everything else was cannon fodder for Halo. Halo 3 was the last game to have the population. Sure, 3 kept a steady large population, but at the same time COD suddenly became mainstream, Battlefield came into modern times, and there was an oversaturation of shooters that is getting worse, and in all that, Halo is still living. I find that to be an accomplishment considering even Halo 5 has some outdated things that some modern players might find questionable.
This is an extremely good point to bad there are so many idiots these days

I knew someone would say this. Even if there are 5,000 people playing Halo, it is alive. It doesn't matter how many, it only matters that that amount loves what they're doing. Life in something is not a physical representation, it is mental.
question, if 5% of your body was still functional, would you qualify as "alive" (the answer is yes, but is it living? the anser to that is no)

lets take a look at halo 4 achievements.

biggest drop in players over the shortest amount of time
biggest drop in feature added between iterations (look at all the halo 4 stuff they ADDED and now had to REMOVE in halo 5)
halo the led to having halo REMOVED from the pro gaming scene.
significant decrease in player created halo related content.

343 iteration of halo is a living brain in a jar, (and not the futurama type) is it alive, yes is it living? nope nope nope.
Memories of people ranting about no start menu in Windows 8 when it first came out...
H4.. 500000 to 30000 in 3 months is a good point too.

I've been playing since Halo 2 and I consider myself a core fan and personally I'm happy that halo is taking this direction in the hopes that it revives the community. I'm in the crowd that believes that if halo doesn't reinvent itself a little bit its going to continuously get lost in all the modern day games and it will not have the opportunity to grow. There is nothing that stops both groups from mingling and its not like Halo hasn't been known for its love of varying game types.

question, if 5% of your body was still functional, would you qualify as "alive" (the answer is yes, but is it living? the anser to that is no)

lets take a look at halo 4 achievements.

biggest drop in players over the shortest amount of time
biggest drop in feature added between iterations (look at all the halo 4 stuff they ADDED and now had to REMOVE in halo 5)
halo the led to having halo REMOVED from the pro gaming scene.
significant decrease in player created halo related content.

343 iteration of halo is a living brain in a jar, (and not the futurama type) is it alive, yes is it living? nope nope nope.
The first part of ur statement is possibly the stupidest statement I've ever read anywhere in anything.....this is a video game and u compare it to ur life...that's the problem with gamers these days there idiots

Then screw them! If they don't care then they don't deserve Halo! Leave the people that actually care for the series still to play, and Halo will still not die.
But those people do care for halo. Myself for example, I would agree with those people i do not like this new direction of halo. I have 45days (not hours) of game time logged in on halo 3. I love the series. So i don't think it is valid to say leave people behind like me because they do not care about the series. Because clearly people like myself do.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14