The ranking system. Champs perspective.

OP Tetrafy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
qlimm wrote:
Look, if you get 1 CSR per game it means either the odds of winning are heavily in your favor or you didn't do anything worthy of increasing your rank.

I hate to break it to you but the population cannot support making fair games against stacked teams. If you want a break from +1/-10 games then I suggest you solo queue.
Solo que is no differemt because the matchups are bad. So just go back to halo 3 or mcc style of ranming system. H5s is honestly broken at the core. Only thing I found works is two champs searching together for maximum csr thats it. 1 csr based on your mmr which btw is based off of hahahahahh spm could be holding you back but still rpck an 80 percrnt wl. So basically it will match you diamonds so if you lose youre done.
qlimm wrote:
Look, if you get 1 CSR per game it means either the odds of winning are heavily in your favor or you didn't do anything worthy of increasing your rank.

I hate to break it to you but the population cannot support making fair games against stacked teams. If you want a break from +1/-10 games then I suggest you solo queue.
You're failing to realize that people are purposely stacking their team certain ways to

1 - prevent them from losing a ton of csr on their losses (meaning when they lose, the winners get close to nothing from it as well...even if they just beat a team holding a high onyx or champ...if that team loses they lose a ton)

2- it allows the best player to get an insane amount of kills in match from skewing the matchmaking and getting them easier matches....boosting their gains...being the best player on their team where they're not only better than everyone on their team, but also everyone on the other team as well...where that other team will have far less skilled players. I've even first hand witnessed a team feeding all the kills to 1 player. So sometimes it isn't even that 1 is way better....it's an organized strategy to work the system...using any means possible.

Does that high onyx player deserve to gain a boost because his high amount of kills over some daimonds shows he's "worthy" of the increase?

I hate to break it to you, but the matchmaking isn't creating those weird teams with 1 low tier player and 3 high tier accidentally. No. That's actually an actual team created on purpose. Sometimes its a different mix, but the idea behind it remains the same.

Sometimes we can give the benefit of the doubt...MAYBE...They're actually just all friends....and MAYBE...that's just how things naturally are...but who are we kidding here? Obviously smurf accts exist....derankers exist...are we naive enough to believe this is just...."accidentally " happening?....

When this stuff happens...I always encourage people to go into waypoint and inspect the winning teams match history to see if they're actually running as a fire team. Much more often than not....sure enough...despite it looking like randoms pulled together...it's an actual team on a win streak...and it's no wonder why they're on that win streak.

On one hand...it makes the player think to themselves "alright...well...I understand it....it is what it is..."

On the other hand It makes the player want to just quit. It's frustrating to have those matches where a silver acct...even gold or low plat acct..is actually a higher tier player disguising the MMR to get the controlled wins in matchmaking...

Not everyone is doing this...but it happens enough to sour someone's entire night...when you win a crap ton of games in a row and hardly get jack crap for it...and lose 1 or 2 games to get smacked down lower than you started for the night.

A few years ago we had a disastrous time with the ranking system worse than it is now. I created a thread with a title like...."the ranking system encourages people to quit" or something like that. During that time, we experienced inflated csr...and players gaining nothing but losing a ton for losses. The monitors at the time were explaining to us that the new system will eventually correct itself...and quitters aren't playing because they want to keep their fake rank. (Which btw, still shows as highest csr achieved on waypoint)...maybe some couldn't swallow that pill that they aren't as good as they thought...but the reality we were facing....the entire expression I tried to express in the created thread...was that we NEED an IMMEDIATE reset before to many players quit halo 5 forever. Let the system correct itself from a fresh start, where players play a new set of 10 placement matches. They were so against this idea.

The rank creator himself even came to reply to the thread. He went as far to say that a inflated csr player would have to maintain a 94% win ratio to keep the inflated rank they got....no way...not possible...definitely that player won't stick around to get spanked down to where they belong....surely there's a better way to manage this hiccup...

My advice again...a reset...players want a sense of progress for winning....NO...we don't expect to continue to move up forever by winning lower ranked players...but to gain 1 csr for wins that feel like we should gain more and lose 10csr for bs losses...come on...story of a halo 5 players life....even today...(back then you'd get 0csr tho)

The disastrous time caused many players to quit halo 5. Players that never came back...idk wth the people in charge were thinking...

Halos longevity revolves around player retention...it may be seen as a wasted effort to attempt any modifications to the ranking system at this point while the other game is being worked on.
I hope the next halo learns from all the mistakes made in h5 to prevent such drastic player fall off...we've lost some and gained some sure....but idk if it's ever specifically stated what areas those players end up playing in..a new installation can count as a new player...but who knows how long that new player even stuck around...

I bring up this little bit of history here because it's crazy how we still deal with issues...somewhere in the infinite threads..someone said the only real remedy to prevent most of the BS we face in our ranking systems is to stop allowing alt accts to be created...preventing smurfing...dummy accts etc. It honestly feels like that's the easiest way....

But there's always gona be deals for new accts. Get a month free....x months for 1$ etc. It's impossible to have a perfect system.

The ranking system is probably in reality...really good...but the population, MM, and weird team ups just doesn't allow it to be seen that way. This threads from a champs perspective...and I'm just a very average player. I don't believe you have to be a god tier player to have an opinion though. Most of us still here today...play because we love halo. Some are grinding for that max SR....but those of us that are happy to spend hours on end in some slayer matches...we're the die hards. We can't play anything but this dang game. Lol

Sorry if I went off on a rant there. So here's some opinions and...even some historical facts...from an average players perspective. For whatever it's worth.
I thought I was the sole player left who thought this experience has turned into exactly what you described. It's the reason I'd rather play MCC Social Slayer. But Halo 5 is my favorite Team Slayer experience. It's a bummer for sure.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3