The Reach update=the most disappointing update yet

OP Eleventh Sniper

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Because everyone is raising their bar insanely high. I see so many people saying "Well the Reach update will bring this!" or "343 better add this in Memoirs of Reach!".

Guys. You're only setting yourselves up for disappointment. Expectations are so high that there's no way they'll be met. In fact, I'm willing to bet that it'll be Noble team armor, Infection, maybe a Falcon, and maybe Forge World, plus some REQ filler. That's about it.

All I'm trying to get at is that you should realistically expect a regularish update, so when it comes out, you aren't mad about Memoirs of Reach being "The worst update ever!".
I know I feel the same way
What's funny to me is all the things you said being described as 'just it.' The armors + infection will alone put this update higher than most and if they do add the falcon then I'd bet $100 this will be considered the best update yet.

People were talking about the reach update the second that it was announced, I have no doubt 343 has caught wind of that and will do what they can to make it memorable. I have a good feeling about the reach update.

And you know what, I have an even better feeling about hog wild. Just wait, Hog Wild is going to melt the faces of the entire halo community.
Pretty much agree. I haven't set my expectations too high for anything with "343 Industries" on it. Every update is mostly warzone req items without any meaningful content. I'm expecting a map, a gamemode, and plenty of reqs that only 5% of people will actually be able to use or care about.

Edit: at this point I'm assuming the Falcon may come as a req for warzone. They haven't actually added any new vehicles to arena, so why would they start now?
Pretty much agree. I haven't set my expectations too high for anything with "343 Industries" on it. Every update is mostly warzone req items without any meaningful content. I'm expecting a map, a gamemode, and plenty of reqs that only 5% of people will actually be able to use or care about.
I'm with this guy
What's funny to me is all the things you said being described as 'just it.' The armors + infection will alone put this update higher than most and if they do add the falcon then I'd bet $100 this will be considered the best update yet.

People were talking about the reach update the second that it was announced, I have no doubt 343 has caught wind of that and will do what they can to make it memorable. I have a good feeling about the reach update.

And you know what, I have an even better feeling about hog wild. Just wait, Hog Wild is going to melt the faces of the entire halo community.
The Falcon and Forge world are a huge "maybe", and the Armors will be considered cool...for a day. After that, it's just gonna be another REQ.
Because everyone is raising their bar insanely high. I see so many people saying "Well the Reach update will bring this!" or "343 better add this in Memoirs of Reach!".

Guys. You're only setting yourselves up for disappointment. Expectations are so high that there's no way they'll be met. In fact, I'm willing to bet that it'll be Noble team armor, Infection, maybe a Falcon, and maybe Forge World, plus some REQ filler. That's about it.

That alone would automatically make it the best update yet by far.
You should never set your bar to high for 343, remember guys, this is their 2nd halo and they need time. /s

But really, infection will have some kind of game breaking exploit or a new one will be created, and when someone mentions it, everyone (you know who you are) will flood that thread and say,

"People want infection, 343 gives infection. Now people complain. This community is so toxic. SMH"

But really, MoR is the only update I'm looking forward to. I could care less about bullet sponge boss battle firefight unless you use those high level REQs.
Totally agrees. The only thing I just want is a map from reach to be put in here.
I hope forge world is included, along with a blood gulch remake.

I know a lot of people out there want to leave blood gulch in the past, but I bet it would play great in the h5 sand box.

Maybe throw two elephants in there ;)
i never set by bar high on such things because I always find a way to have fun in the end
I really want the Falcon and Grenade Launcher back. Those were some of Reach's greatest offerings. The Falcon not being in future titles is just outright criminal, if you ask me. It filled a niche role, but a powerful one at that. Hell, a lack of side seat made it useless for capturing flags, but incredibly potent for territory control support and so on.

And another weapon that can EMP vehicles without being a special req? Please, yes. The Hydra/Echidna is no substitute for the Pro-Pipe. It's a fine weapon! But no substitute in the slightest.
I think youre missing the fact that the TEASER alone has already exceeded expectations. The teaser has done nothing but offer solid reason to believe this update will be phenomenal not to mention warzone FF is coming out in beta form a couple weeks prior
yeap
I got really -Yoinking!- pissed when I realised that there will be no elites in the updates and for me a hardcore sangheili fan I just can't -Yoinking!- stand it. I hope they make an elite update.
It will be infection (with like one and a half map) and some armour.

Full stop. Expect this.
When reach came out it was obviously the worst Halo to date. Hard to beat the original trilogy. H5 is much better than reach just lacking in game modes.
Most people are pretty sensible, they are expecting stuff that is in line with what we have seen in previous updates.

The ones I laugh at are thise how ask for Reach's armour customisation, playble elites and about 6 maps from the game. HAHA, in your dreams!
Only thing I'm looking forward to is a Reach based map and the Falcon that's it. Even if we get no Falcon maybe the armors.
I just always look at the bright side of stuff they add. Cant expect them to add what EVERYBODY wants.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6