1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
What's funny to me is all the things you said being described as 'just it.' The armors + infection will alone put this update higher than most and if they do add the falcon then I'd bet $100 this will be considered the best update yet.

People were talking about the reach update the second that it was announced, I have no doubt 343 has caught wind of that and will do what they can to make it memorable. I have a good feeling about the reach update.

And you know what, I have an even better feeling about hog wild. Just wait, Hog Wild is going to melt the faces of the entire halo community.
Exactly this. Noble Team armors + infection + A FALCON! + Reach-inspired reqs = a great update.
updates each month isn't so bad who you guys rather be one big update every 3-6 months?
I stopped having expectations after I finished the H5 campaign, but that's a topic for another thread..
Because everyone is raising their bar insanely high. I see so many people saying "Well the Reach update will bring this!" or "343 better add this in Memoirs of Reach!".

Guys. You're only setting yourselves up for disappointment. Expectations are so high that there's no way they'll be met. In fact, I'm willing to bet that it'll be Noble team armor, Infection, maybe a Falcon, and maybe Forge World, plus some REQ filler. That's about it.

All I'm trying to get at is that you should realistically expect a regularish update, so when it comes out, you aren't mad about Memoirs of Reach being "The worst update ever!".
Infection alone makes this the second best update out of all of the free updates. Nothing beats Cartographer's Gift but infection has more custom game potential then ever before, I expect great and innovative/imaginative things from forgers, I myself have already created two infection maps. (If you say infection isn't that popular or important you likely got into the series with Halo 4 and missed all the good stuff)
My point with this thread wasn't to say that Infection isn't important, or that Memoirs of Reach will suck. It was to remind people to keep their expectations grounded, because other than Infection, it'll likely be just another update.

I see too many people with long lists of things they "need" to see in MoR.
Just like GOM, before the update has even aired, people are already disappointed and angry. Just why? Is there any reason? It seems like MOR could be incredible!
I think the plasma rifle will come with the next update. I mean we already saw it in a trailer.
Honestly I think if you slap the word "reach" on any piece of halo it triples in value
I think the plasma rifle will come with the next update. I mean we already saw it in a trailer.
We also saw different armor and the shark skin in the teaser for ghost of meridian but we never got that
You know these regular updates are fine but the thing is that I wouldn't mind 343i continuously working on the game even after releasing the listed updates and updating it even more. I really like the game....So I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of stuff update even more like you know?
Most people are pretty sensible, they are expecting stuff that is in line with what we have seen in previous updates.

The ones I laugh at are thise how ask for Reach's armour customisation, playble elites and about 6 maps from the game. HAHA, in your dreams!
in my dreams indeed...
Chasonian wrote:
Just like GOM, before the update has even aired, people are already disappointed and angry. Just why? Is there any reason? It seems like MOR could be incredible!
You just read the title and wrote this I'm guessing, Op said that its going to be the worst because people are overhyping it they think its going to be 10 times better than all the other updates thinking its going to add so many things to the game when its going to have the same type of stuff all the other updates had, not hating on the other updates but you get the point.
Yep. People are expecting them to essentially patch all of Reach in, when it will likely be a few items, maps, and game modes. I'm okay with that, as long as the Falcon and FW are in it.
gethtones wrote:
Because everyone is raising their bar insanely high. I see so many people saying "Well the Reach update will bring this!" or "343 better add this in Memoirs of Reach!".

Guys. You're only setting yourselves up for disappointment. Expectations are so high that there's no way they'll be met. In fact, I'm willing to bet that it'll be Noble team armor, Infection, maybe a Falcon, and maybe Forge World, plus some REQ filler. That's about it.

That alone would automatically make it the best update yet by far.
Yup!
My bar was set high for Halo 5 at launch and unfortunately I am still waiting for that to be met.
I've enjoyed every update that has come out for one reason or another. Are there disappointments in each one? Sure. But each update has made Halo 5 gradually better and better. I understand you warning people not to get overly hyped, but getting hyped is a good thing. Besides I have one good reason to be excited for Memories of Reach: Infection confirmed.
I've enjoyed every update that has come out for one reason or another. Are there disappointments in each one? Sure. But each update has made Halo 5 gradually better and better. I understand you warning people not to get overly hyped, but getting hyped is a good thing. Besides I have one good reason to be excited for Memories of Reach: Infection confirmed.
Don't get me wrong, I got plans for Infection. But the guy up there put it best: people practically expect Halo: Reach to be ported into Halo 5, and that's not gonna happen.
Reach is synonymous with dissapointment.
If they made a memories of H4 update that would = me selling my game for COD map packs. Let's keep it real the original trilogy and h5 are the best.
Reach is synonymous with dissapointment.
If they made a memories of H4 update that would = me selling my game for COD map packs. Let's keep it real the original trilogy and h5 are the best.
Hahahaha, I love you. Reach had a good campaign (Other than it saying "lol what is The Fall of Reach?"), and that was it IMO. I understand that many people enjoyed it though, so it's nice that an update comes along to please that crowd.

However, I still haven't even beat the Halo 4 campaign. It was so boring and stupid. I almost didn't get Halo 5 because I thought it would be Halo 4-and-a-half.
lulz. Its free updates. Some of you people were given too much as kids... Be grateful when we do get new maps or bigger additions to the game they're free and you're not shelling out $15 bucks for a map pack, or asking mom in some of ya'lls' cases. I'm so tired of seeing people -Yoink- about updates before they even release.
Reach could be the best and give everyone everything they want but the community would -Yoink- a brick if God forbid they had to wait an extra month or two for it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6