2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 35
Oh my god no. Have you played Halo 3 recently. It hasn't aged well.
Halo 3 is still a 1000x better than halo 5.
BADMAGIK wrote:
Jesus. Who's gonna read all that.

Some answer, no, sprint is not being removed.

Get over it. We ha be super suits, now we get to use them.
Lol I thought the same exact thing I immediately scrolled down to the first comment to see if someone actually responded by reading it all. But yeah sprint is awesome, it'll never go away. People are ridiculous. I've been a halo fan forever and love the changes.
Oowoon wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I can agree there. H3 hasn't aged well. But H2A played pretty awesome. It has a faster base movement. It's only flaw was so much bullet magnetism but other than that it was great.
Too bad H2A was based on Vista version of Halo 2 lol
There wasn't really too much wrong with that port in itself, after a few updates, it was pretty much perfect in the MCC.

The primary difference between the two was that the game had many of the more serious bugs fixed in some way. I still saw superbounces occasionally in MCC though. It also had better graphics (H2C), too. So... There you go.

But yeah, the older games haven't aged that well by today's metric. Mostly with the weapon functionality.
The older games are still legend tf you talking about!?
LethalQ wrote:
Naqser wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
There is a no sprint Halo on Xbox one... it's called MCC... plenty of maps and games and has a good forge to set up customs... why can't there be both?
Say Halo changed into a direction you disliked, it had features you disliked, or lacked features you thought necessary.

Would you be on the forum stating your opinion and fighting for it?
Would you be on the Xbox Y playing Halo 5 on the Halo: Complete Reclaimer Saga, which launched in the same state MCC did.
Or would you quit playing Halo altogether?

Remember, you'll lie to yourself as well if you lie to us.
The difference is we can't tell it's a lie or not.
I would play what ever version of the game I liked... there is plenty of Halo on Xbox one to suit just about any player. In fact I revisited Halo Wars tonight. But I hate the direction GTA went with GTA 5 with its 3 characters and GTA online you have to be in a "crew" for just about everything so I simply stopped playing. No I don't go to any rock star games forums or pages and whine constantly. At the end of the day a developer will make the game as they see fit. If sprint was going to be removed in Halo they would have by now.
To some people, halos more than just a game you can stop playing.
It's the Year 2557 ( Maybe? I know I'm close ) and your asking that we shouldn't be allowed to sprint. How about learn the damn mechanic and move on with your life
BADMAGIK wrote:

I know, man. How dare someone write out an actual post, on a discussion forum, for people to read. The -Yoinking!- cheek of it....
To your argument I have to say I've been here with halo since day one and honestly I feel that sprint adds to the halo experience not takes away from it
"Combat Evolved"...... That alone should justify the upgrade to sprinting. I mean if every Halo that game out didn't have something new with the Spartans ablilties it would get boring to me.
BADMAGIK wrote:

Well unlike your post his is rather constructive despite being long-winded

For me the Halo formula has changed way too much. Not exactly evolving when it feels more and more like its competition. I do like how they implemented the Spartan Abilities in 5 and how they can all be used at any time but the prevalence of some of them can be frustrating.

Ground Pound is satisfying and can cost you if you were to time it wrong and miss as enemies can shoot you whilst you charge it up and head towards ground AND you have a little delay in coming out of the landing animation. Thrust is very useful for manoeuvring around the map and getting out of sticky situations but Spartan Charge is the only one I have a problem with. Spartan Charge promotes running in and being reckless and because of how it works, it often pays off. The distance is too great and you often have little time to respond, in past Halos you could respond easily to a melee or would have time to engage before someone got close enough to melee you, with Spartan charge it feels like you have very little time to react and it almost always benefits the person using it as it has little risk.

I just feel like the overall speed of Halo now is very unappealing to a long time player like myself. Halo used to be about placing your shots, controlling portions of the map and also controlling power weapons. Now everything happens so fast on ridiculously tight maps, with very small radar ranges, very quick kill times and Spartan charges out the wazoo.

I'm not saying anyone has to agree with me or that I represent the older player base. What I am saying is for people like me, that preferred the old Halo formula, the franchise is heading in a direction that is becoming increasingly harder to want to keep up with. Considering the sales for Halo 5 and the dip in population we've had over the recent years it kind of seems dumb to try and go out of your way to target a demographic that already has lots of options instead of trying to appease the massive Goliath player base Halo has developed over the many titles. Making the franchise seem more and more unlike itself is going to end badly, the player base isn't exactly growing. We're gaining new players but losing just as many. Look at Halo 4s population for example and Halo 5 recently dropped below Battlefront which only had 25k players when it did. Less than 25k population for a Halo game is terrible. It's not even a matter of having alternatives these days either. Reach gets between 15k-19kish often, even before the backwards compatibility!

The Halo fan base is there but for a large majority (considering past sales for games and how the population has shrank over the years) Halo has just lost itself and isn't appealing as the same franchise it once was. Halo 4 had amazing sales as people were expecting more of the same, seems like a lot of people soon jumped ship and looking at the population of 5 and the most popular complaints the franchise is heading for a downwards spiral. Thus far the changes to the core gameplay mechanics hasn't had much of any impact, considering Halo is hardly getting spoke about at all even after pumping so much money into HCS.

For me, as a longtime Customs and BTB player, my personal issues with the game should be apparent without even having to explain.
Paqk wrote:
I'm 31 years old. I've played Halo since CE, was at a midnight release for Halo 2. Halo 3 is my all time favorite.

But Halo 5 is my 2nd. Halo to me, isn't whether I can sprint or not. I understand how it changes the game entirely, but 343i did a fantastic job to adding it to this game (Halo 4 is my LEAST favorite Halo). Halo is weapon pickups, fair starts, power weapon and map control. It's the competitive factor that no other game has.

I basically have one question. Without abilities and sprint, how would you have Halo adapt without releasing the exact same game every few years?

Halo 2 introduced online play. A lot of things CE didn't have. Halo 3 had power up pickups like bubble shields and radar jammers. What would you add to make it this far with Halo 5?

You know why Halo isn't the same it used to be? Because the best selling (upon release, NOT overall) Halo was 4, and all hope was ruined by MANY players since.

No matter how smart you try to sound, or how many videos you upload... You're either going to adapt like the majority of us, or move on to other games.

But here you are. Playing a Halo game with sprint.
Perfectly said! Good summary
I love the other Halo games. Edit: I love how each one is an evolution of the previous. Sprint is a core mechanic in this game, so you're fighting a most cause to bring about change for this game.

be hopeful for Halo 6, though. Remember how duel wielding was a thing in Halo 2 and 3, then it vanished? It may happen in the next game. Although I doubt it. Sprint and the other abilities increase the speed and add to the epic. See that's what halo is about: Those epic moments where a well thrown grenade, or a few week placed shots can keep you on the edge of your seat and keep you coming back for more. Other FPS just don't do that, for me any way. Now, there's even more variety with Spartan abilities, allowing Halo's gameplay to continue to deliver those pulse pounding sequences that keep you playing years after launch.

embrace the change, embrace the epic, embrace sprint!
Honestly I don't see how removing sprint will make halo 5 any better. Why do people want it removed anyway? If 343 do remove sprint everyone will probably just complain that they want sprint back. 343 can't put everything people want in the game.
All of this is just my opinion, I'm not using any facts to defend of attack sprint.

Why does halo always have to be unique? It still is in its own right, but it just borrows some elements from other games, that doesn't make it worse. For me, halo 5 retains enough of the halo feel to still make it halo. I view the changes from 4 to 5 like ce to 2. Halo 2 was vastly different and I'm pretty sure (I wasn't around then) that the bungie forums were filled with hate like this one. I know you guys want that complete nostalgia and not just half of the nostalgia, but you guys still have hope. Just wait until 2017 for halo 3a. That and the mcc is the classic halo you want. Everything from reach and up is the new halo, and they're not going back to no sprint.
Don't try to make your opinions facts. You'll avoid many heated arguments if you don't.
LethalQ wrote:
There is a no sprint Halo on Xbox one... it's called MCC... plenty of maps and games and has a good forge to set up customs... why can't there be both?
Oh how I wish I could play Halo 2A, but the broken collection won't let me. MCC is hard to have fun in with all the bugs. Playing one match every 30-45 min. I don't know how some people think the MCC is an option when it clearly needs a major update.

I love Halo 5, but if the MCC was working, better believe I'd be playing Halo 2A. It's way better than Halo 5.

Closet thing I can think of is adding a Classic playlist to Halo 5 without abilities and throw in a bunch of classic forged maps. That'll make me happy.

edit: I dont hate sprint. I really do enjoy Halo 5 and all the abilities Halo 5 has. But my opinion Halo 2A was better. So I'd love to have both in Halo 5☺
Play MCC if you don't want sprint. It's here to stay man.
Don't try to make your opinions facts. You'll avoid many heated arguments if you don't.
1000x better? Nah.
I see someone quoted MS''s PR statement. You do realise that the microtransaction and 250 dollar special editon counted in the statement.

That is classic MS'S PR spin.
It made them more money. That's the metric that matters to corporate. Maybe they won't be able to repeat that, but I have a feeling the level of dissatisfaction regularly expressed on here with Halo 5 might not be representative of the population as a whole.
GameDavo wrote:
Honestly I don't see how removing sprint will make halo 5 any better. Why do people want it removed anyway? If 343 do remove sprint everyone will probably just complain that they want sprint back. 343 can't put everything people want in the game.
What I like is there was a post on here arguing that sprint was an illusion anyway. And that it should be removed. If it's all just in my head, why argue so vociferously against it?
This is why a vast majority of the population died after halo reachs release and left to the call of duty. You can try be cod but why play a game that clearly wants to be cod when u can just play cod? It is sad both games were great for there own aspects. This game is lots of fun but isn't reallllly halo. All older ppl will know what I'm talking about and a big issue is that were talking to a new generation of hslo players that didn't get that original halo feel for years. They started on reach. Reach lovers. Great story line but changed multiplayer forever. It is too bad halo was theeeeeeee game in h3. That should speak for itself
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 35