6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 840
Requistion wrote:
Requistion wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
I believe that sprint is necessary for Halo. Yes the original Halos did not have sprint, but in today's games sprint is necessary. Imagine doing warzone with no sprint. It would take an eternity to cross the map. In campaign when I go back and play Halo 1 through 3 it feels slow paced now to an almost unbearable amount. Also new players who are entering into the franchise would not be entertained by the slower game play that no sprint offers.
I actually made it a point to play my first Warzone match without sprinting once. It worked just fine, even with Halo 5's gimped base movement speed. If new players to the franchise can't handle moving a little slower(like in the gameplay Halo was built on), then Halo just isn't the franchise for them. That's ok though. Not everyone is going to be a Halo fan. But, we shouldn't be turning away long time fans of the franchise in hopes of maybe pleasing some newcomers. That has been the strategy for over half a decade now, and the population shows that it isn't working. Trying to change and overhaul a working formula is not the way to continue a franchise.
And yet if it does not evolve then it will become stagnant and die. Just because the ability to code a sprint feature was not a thing or available in the past means we should ignore it now? Human beings can run, so why can we not run in games? If this was a platformer or adventure game you would do it with how fast you move the joystick.
Yes. Because sprint wasn't in the old Halo games for whatever reason, we should ignore it now.

Everyone acts like continuing the Halo franchise is inherently some good thing that should be done no matter the cost. But, if we have to give up Halo's soul just to get more Halo games, then what's the point?

If Halo stayed the same, and you deemed it too "stagnant", and you lost interest in it, then that's fine. You will have lost interest in the Halo franchise. But at this point you sound like you've already lost interest in Halo. You're only interested in this Halo/modern-shooter hybrid thing that Halo has been turned into.
Back in the day Halo had the same mechanics as the other fps games of its time. What made Halo different was rechargeable shields and way cooler weapons and vehicles than the other games.
This is very true. And if something as minor as sprint has made you lose interest in Halo (and that's fine), maybe Halo isn't for you anymore. Time to move on.
Sprint..minor?

lol what?

Sprint effects the game at the most fundamental level.
Ugh stop being so dramatic. All you anti-sprinters just don't like it because of weapon lowering. Don't like sprint, simply don't sprint.
You obviously don't even have a grasp of the most basic effects sprint has.

Why are you even in a discussion thread about something you know nothing about?
Because I've wished Halo had sprint from the start. And to upset purists like yourself :-)
A purist? Im not against change. I don't mind the other spartan abilities. Sprint just is not a good fit for Halo.
Requistion wrote:
Requistion wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
I believe that sprint is necessary for Halo. Yes the original Halos did not have sprint, but in today's games sprint is necessary. Imagine doing warzone with no sprint. It would take an eternity to cross the map. In campaign when I go back and play Halo 1 through 3 it feels slow paced now to an almost unbearable amount. Also new players who are entering into the franchise would not be entertained by the slower game play that no sprint offers.
I actually made it a point to play my first Warzone match without sprinting once. It worked just fine, even with Halo 5's gimped base movement speed. If new players to the franchise can't handle moving a little slower(like in the gameplay Halo was built on), then Halo just isn't the franchise for them. That's ok though. Not everyone is going to be a Halo fan. But, we shouldn't be turning away long time fans of the franchise in hopes of maybe pleasing some newcomers. That has been the strategy for over half a decade now, and the population shows that it isn't working. Trying to change and overhaul a working formula is not the way to continue a franchise.
And yet if it does not evolve then it will become stagnant and die. Just because the ability to code a sprint feature was not a thing or available in the past means we should ignore it now? Human beings can run, so why can we not run in games? If this was a platformer or adventure game you would do it with how fast you move the joystick.
Yes. Because sprint wasn't in the old Halo games for whatever reason, we should ignore it now.

Everyone acts like continuing the Halo franchise is inherently some good thing that should be done no matter the cost. But, if we have to give up Halo's soul just to get more Halo games, then what's the point?

If Halo stayed the same, and you deemed it too "stagnant", and you lost interest in it, then that's fine. You will have lost interest in the Halo franchise. But at this point you sound like you've already lost interest in Halo. You're only interested in this Halo/modern-shooter hybrid thing that Halo has been turned into.
Back in the day Halo had the same mechanics as the other fps games of its time. What made Halo different was rechargeable shields and way cooler weapons and vehicles than the other games.
This is very true. And if something as minor as sprint has made you lose interest in Halo (and that's fine), maybe Halo isn't for you anymore. Time to move on.
Sprint..minor?

lol what?

Ugh stop being so dramatic. All you anti-sprinters just don't like it because of weapon lowering. Don't like sprint, simply don't sprint.

Most of them don't. They make surface level arguments at best whereas anti-sprinters get into the nitty gritty.
Requistion wrote:
Sprint is by far the worst thing that ever happened to Halo.
You must have forgotten about this.
Requistion wrote:
Requistion wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:

Sprint..minor?

lol what?

Because I've wished Halo had sprint from the start. And to upset purists like yourself :-)
So you're admitting that you don't have an argument and just that you like it?
Requistion wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:

Sprint..minor?

lol what?

Why bother, could switch in protest. Seems like half in not more of the pro-sprint players started when 343 took over.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Requistion wrote:
Requistion wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:

Sprint..minor?

lol what?

Most of them don't. They make surface level arguments at best whereas anti-sprinters get into the nitty gritty.
That is the most infuriating part of this topic. It's not like other debates where two educated, intelligent sides clash over a disagreement. This topic is simply one side being educated and aware of an issue while the other side is utterly oblivious.
Eh they should've left it like halo reach with sprint as a ability
Requistion wrote:
Sprint is by far the worst thing that ever happened to Halo.
You must have forgotten about this.
Nope. Sprint is worse because it has staying power.
"u guys shud just quit if u can't handle something as minor as sprint"

Yet you'd probably refuse to play if the game didn't have sprint.

Your only reason for liking sprint is to spite other people? Can you even hear yourself talk? No but evidently we are the toxic and dramatic ones.
I don't mind sprint it doesn't really do anything harmful just adds to the game the only thing I hate about sprint is it can lead to that God awful Spartan charge •-•
I'm fine with sprint in the game but it changes everything. I love halos without sprint and halo 5 (halo 4 is terrible). All I need is a better campaign with quirky funny characters (bring back chips dubbo), a better story please, and a few playlists offering classic halo gameplay with its vertical and close quarters combat elements.
I don't mind sprint it doesn't really do anything harmful just adds to the game the only thing I hate about sprint is it can lead to that God awful Spartan charge •-•

Why do I come here...
Why remove an improvement? A supersoldier should be able to sprint, not just speed walk.
getatme94 wrote:
didn't even bother reading it because it is the dumbest topic out there right now. Just because it has sprint doesn't mean its not Halo. It's one whole mechanic, that's it. If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
Except the maps are purposefully stretched out to accompany sprint, so that stretched maps will have the same sprint travel time as a non stretched map with just walking. So
not sprinting is punishing because the game had to be made around it.
not true, the only time you NEED, to sprint, is if you are trying to break a wall in warzone. i have stopped sprinting completely and do just fine.

sprint should stay, spartan charge is what needs to leave.

not having sprint is not what made halo, halo. the BR, needler, floaty jumps, and spartans, made halo, halo. sprint alone does not make or break halo, the people who can't get over it, are what breaks halo.
This^
The option to sprint ist okay. Sometimes it annoys me. But the invisible option is much more annoying.
xD
I think that they should keep sprint, I dont see much point in removing it
Why remove an improvement? A supersoldier should be able to sprint, not just speed walk.
Gameplay>Lore
I love how ignorant the Halo Community is
I think the "balancing of guns" makes Halo 5 feel less like Halo than the sprint. I'm a fan of neither.
didn't even bother reading it because it is the dumbest topic out there right now. Just because it has sprint doesn't mean its not Halo. It's one whole mechanic, that's it. If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
getatme94 wrote:
Except the maps are purposefully stretched out to accompany sprint, so that stretched maps will have the same sprint travel time as a non stretched map with just walking. So
not sprinting is punishing because the game had to be made around it.
not true, the only time you NEED, to sprint, is if you are trying to break a wall in warzone. i have stopped sprinting completely and do just fine.

sprint should stay, spartan charge is what needs to leave.

not having sprint is not what made halo, halo. the BR, needler, floaty jumps, and spartans, made halo, halo. sprint alone does not make or break halo, the people who can't get over it, are what breaks halo.
Sprint needs to leave. Sorry guys but it's just an illusion to make you feel that you're going faster. Look at Truth btw if you don't believe that they stretch out the map. Truth in the old halo was like 1/3 of the size of Halo 5's. Stop supporting an illusion. No sprint = smaller maps which = less memory used. Sprint is just an illusion that we don't need at all. Those missions where sprint would've been useful would probably stay in the same amount of time. They'd have to stretch a lot of the Halo campaign missions just so it wouldn't get beaten in 10 minutes (which then would make you guys complain that the Halo campaign is too short)
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Requistion wrote:
Requistion wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:

Sprint..minor?

lol what?

Requistion wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Requistion wrote:
Requistion wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:

Sprint..minor?

lol what?

That is the most infuriating part of this topic. It's not like other debates where two educated, intelligent sides clash over a disagreement. This topic is simply one side being educated and aware of an issue while the other side is utterly oblivious.
Nitty gritty and educated eh?? You mean by one repeating the same 2 points over and over? Get over it and go pretend to be enlightened above everyone somewhere else.
I have one question to you? What truly makes Halo?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 840