3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 840
getatme94 wrote:
didn't even bother reading it because it is the dumbest topic out there right now. Just because it has sprint doesn't mean its not Halo. It's one whole mechanic, that's it. If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
Except the maps are purposefully stretched out to accompany sprint, so that stretched maps will have the same sprint travel time as a non stretched map with just walking. So
not sprinting is punishing because the game had to be made around it.
not true, the only time you NEED, to sprint, is if you are trying to break a wall in warzone. i have stopped sprinting completely and do just fine.

sprint should stay, spartan charge is what needs to leave.

not having sprint is not what made halo, halo. the BR, needler, floaty jumps, and spartans, made halo, halo. sprint alone does not make or break halo, the people who can't get over it, are what breaks halo.
umm no, the warthog, the campaign and the plasma pistol were the things that helped make Halo, Halo. (There are other factors, like custom games(options 2), community, and split screen).
Halo 5 is faster paced than previous halos (faster kill times, games, etc.). Sprint works in the game because of this. Take strongholds, for example. Sprinting is the best way to quickly get from one stronghold to the next when scrambling for points. If there was no sprint in halo 5, then defending teams would pick off incoming enemies way to easily. Gametypes like strongholds place importance on speed and decisive map navigation. Or in a slayer gametype to go support a teammate who calls for backup. If the general pace and kill times were slower in halo 6, then removing sprint might work. Sprint isn't that bad in h5 either. shields don't recharge while sprinting, and you have to wait a bit to pull up and fire your weapon.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
The reason why sprint was added to halo was to make it more fast paced. Newer generations of gamers (me included) who didn't grow up with halo are used to fast paced games such as battlefield, cod, and just about every other fps. It's hard for a slow paced game like the older halos and even the newer ones to attract the gamers so they added sprint. To be honest I like sprint when I don't have it I feel like a turtle with a gun. Sure you might not like it but your not everyone. 343 also has to appeal to the newer generations as well.
Flawed argument. That's probably because you haven't grown up with the older games, so sprint is all you know. Everyone and their mother says the new Doom game is one of the fastest paced games out now and it has no sprint. The masses don't know what they want, they only think they know, that's why it's 343's job to show you want you want. Making a fast paced game without sprint is insanely easy, but nobody - including the devs - cares to think for themselves.
Dont call it flawed. He's exactly right. Sprint made the gameplay faster paced, the older generation of players isn't the only one that exists.
kobiquil wrote:
For more information, MC and other Spartans have been sprintin in the books and if we can't do it in the game. That's makes us not Spartans.
YOUR GENIUS AND YOUR NOT EVEN TRYING TO BE!!! LETS MAKE HALO 5: ODST, LIKE ANOTHER HALO 3: ODST, BUT WITH A LONGER AND BETTER STORY!!!! Wait, first off, halo 3: ODST's campaign was awesome. And halo 5's campaign, hate to say it, SUCKED. So, we SHOULDNT make it now, maybe if halo 6's campaign is great, we'll make Halo 6: ODST, or maybe we could just make Halo ODST.
I would love another ODST but like you said, maybe after Halo 6.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
The reason why sprint was added to halo was to make it more fast paced. Newer generations of gamers (me included) who didn't grow up with halo are used to fast paced games such as battlefield, cod, and just about every other fps. It's hard for a slow paced game like the older halos and even the newer ones to attract the gamers so they added sprint. To be honest I like sprint when I don't have it I feel like a turtle with a gun. Sure you might not like it but your not everyone. 343 also has to appeal to the newer generations as well.
Flawed argument. That's probably because you haven't grown up with the older games, so sprint is all you know. Everyone and their mother says the new Doom game is one of the fastest paced games out now and it has no sprint. The masses don't know what they want, they only think they know, that's why it's 343's job to show you want you want. Making a fast paced game without sprint is insanely easy, but nobody - including the devs - cares to think for themselves.
Dont call it flawed. He's exactly right. Spriny made the gameplay faster paced, the older generation of players isn't the only one that exists.
No, he's wrong. It's not faster paced, you can just move faster. Plus, my post reflected how sprint isn't necessary, so yes, it is still flawed.
I'm not going to bother arguing in favor of sprint or debunking anti-sprint arguments because we've all been there and done that. But I am going to go on the record:

Removing sprint doesn't make Halo back into Halo. It makes it back into Halo 3. And if that's what you want then by all means go and play it and leave the rest of us to move resolutely into the future.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Dont call it flawed. He's exactly right. Spriny made the gameplay faster paced, the older generation of players isn't the only one that exists.
No, he's wrong. It's not faster paced, you can just move faster. Plus, my post reflected how sprint isn't necessary, so yes, it is still flawed.
Well, it's not necessary, but it's pretty harmless in my opinion. Sprint really hasn't changed Halo THAT much, let's all stop joking around. If anything, it has made traversal quicker and easier.
I'm no going to bother arguing in favor of sprint or debunking anti-sprint arguments because we've all been there and done that. But I am going to go on the record:

Removing sprint doesn't make Halo back into Halo. It makes it back into Halo 3. And if that's what you want then by all means go and play it and leave the rest of us to move resolutely into the future.
Halo 3 Anniversary is coming up people. play that game and both sides of the community will be happy.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Well, it's not necessary, but it's pretty harmless in my opinion. Sprint really hasn't changed Halo THAT much, let's all stop joking around. If anything, it has made traversal quicker and easier.
It has made things easier and more realistically what MP should have.
Look. If sprint belonged in halo then 8 million players wouldn't have left the Halo series. Reason why the anti sprint camp is so small is because the vet halo fans. The ones that actually played it way back when it was the #1 shooter have left. (Most of them anyways) halo 3 sold 13 million copies. Halo 5 sold 3 million. Big difference. And those 3 million players aren't still playing the game. Most people took it back or don't even play it anymore. Halo is dying and it is because of a multitude of game play changes. Not just sprint. But definitely including sprint. You know halo 2 was supposed to have sprint but they took it out because bungie didn't like how it affected gameplay. And turns out halo 2 was more successful than halo ce. Then halo 3 was even more successful than halo 2. Look at the facts
I'm no going to bother arguing in favor of sprint or debunking anti-sprint arguments because we've all been there and done that. But I am going to go on the record:

Halo 3 Anniversary is coming up people. play that game and both sides of the community will be happy.
Most of us have already spent hundreds of hours on halo 3. We want a new halo that's good. And you could say go play mcc but it's still broken for a lot of people including myself AND play list populations are like worst than cod ghosts I bet
#savesprint! It isn't leaving any time soon.
Gandalfur wrote:
Halo 6 could be the game EVERYONE wants by removing sprint in campaign (yes because who the -Yoink- needs TWO movement speeds in campaign????) and
arena multiplayer at first I thought a no sprint playlist might be optimal but hear me out. I pretty sure the new spartan abilities (save -Yoinking!- spartan charge) would be GENERALLY accepted in a halo game if they werent accompanied by sprint it would feel more competitive more strategic and would also still be recognizable to the fine tuned experience we got in halo 5. Warzone and customs would be a whole other beast entirely retaining ALL the features that made halo 5 successful would keep warzone great and would also allow more options for custom games, for those people that actually wanted to play in a sprint arena type setting they could actually fire up the in game custom game lobby adjust the filter and be good to go! lets face it, sprint has NO place in competitve halo and to argue that it does would just be absurd. this would allow arena maps to continue to be designed the PROPER way and please the vets and basically everyone whos willing to give it a chance and you wouldnt lose much of your sprint loving audience at all because there would still be sprint in the game it would just take a backseat!
Thoughts? :3
I feel like they added sprint to make Halo more "modern".
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
It has changed a lot and that's the whole point. You are unaware of the problems because you don't notice or care about them, which is fine, but don't say they aren't there when many will tell you they are. Traversal is as easy as just making your base speed faster like in Doom. Boom, done, that's all that needs to happen.
I really don't like sprint in halo, it doesn't fit with the halo gameplay!
didn't even bother reading it because it is the dumbest topic out there right now. Just because it has sprint doesn't mean its not Halo. It's one whole mechanic, that's it. If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
Agreed. It's not only halo, but it's one of the best ones too. I feel like they made the right choice in letting the game evolve. The problem with the campaign was not the fact that you could sprint,it was because the campaign was just boring in story and gameplay. The multiplayer is the best Halo multiplayer experience i've ever had.
I don't want them to take it out permanantly, but I would appreciate a Classic Playlist. It would be much better to have an exclusive playlist without sprint, spartan abilities, and have many old weapons and maps.
For more information, MC and other Spartans have been sprintin in the books and if we can't do it in the game. That's makes us not Spartans.
wtf?

As someone else said in this forum

Gameplay > Lore
Dont remove the sprint. I love the fast pacedness

Most of us have already spent hundreds of hours on halo 3. We want a new halo that's good. And you could say go play mcc but it's still broken for a lot of people including myself AND play list populations are like worst than cod ghosts I bet
Well, Halo MCC was meant for people to play old Halos like CE or 2 on a newer console with Xbox Live support. Right, recon Z. Halo without sprint doesn't make it into old Halo. To have the old Halo, we need Bungie.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 840