3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 840
Wrath343 wrote:
No, just no, if you can't play is you fault, I can't imagine warzone without sprint it will take around 10 min just to go for the other enemies core, more Avilities involve more player tactics, if you don't like it go play mine craft, halo evolve deal with it or learn how to play, at the beginning I usually get 5 to 10 kills then Whit practice I get 20 kills, now I get usually 50 kills in warzone, it needs more train? Yes, but is ok.
Good god, I am tired of posts like this. Just think about it for a second and you'll figure it out. Never mind. I don't have the patience. I'll tell you: WARZONE MAPS WERE SCALED FOR SPRINT. And not just sprint, but 3 levels of speed boost and speed-increasing armor mods. Or did you think it was mere coincidence that a map like Apex 7 is ridiculously, pointlessly huge and filled with empty space that hardly anyone goes to? Oh, it would take forever to get across them with sprint? Astounding revelation, truly. /s The solution to that would be simple: DON'T DESIGN MAPS AROUND SPRINT. Make them smaller, use teleports and man canons to close gaps, etc.Wow. That was easy. Absolutely no one is suggesting that they should remove sprint and then design maps for sprint anyway. I don't know why this needs to be said.

And more abilities don't in "involved more player tactics." That is such a simplistic view of game meta and tactics. More does not mean better. More stuff does not mean more depth. I'll tell you what. Get a buddy and jump online to Halo CE and witness the experienced players in that game "tactics" you until you find it difficult to sit comfortably. You probably won't even comprehend what happened. Halo CE has a significantly larger skill gap than Halo 5, let alone the mess that is Warzone, which is, OF COURSE, the experience to which you're speaking. Warzone does not require skill. It is a brain dead, casual game mode.
Anybody who says the older no-sprint Halo games were slow obviously never played Halo at the higher levels. It was the furthest thing from slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ1cAra_CrA
I don't think that Halo has moved away from being Halo because of the sprint ability. I think that the story is the only thing that does that.
Being able to run away from a dangerous situation is something every 1st/3rd person shooter needs to have. Are we looking to progress halo here or not? Because removing it would be nothing more than a shot in the foot. The only way I would let this slide is if the jogging pace is increased at least 20% from that of Halo 3.
I'd rather keep sprint it shows progress in the development of the armor you
Wrath343 wrote:
Good god, I am tired of posts like this. Just think about it for a second and you'll figure it out. Never mind. I don't have the patience. I'll tell you: WARZONE MAPS WERE SCALED FOR SPRINT. And not just sprint, but 3 levels of speed boost and speed-increasing armor mods. Or did you think it was mere coincidence that a map like Apex 7 is ridiculously, pointlessly huge and filled with empty space that hardly anyone goes to? Oh, it would take forever to get across them with sprint? Astounding revelation, truly. /s The solution to that would be simple: DON'T DESIGN MAPS AROUND SPRINT. Make them smaller, use teleports and man canons to close gaps, etc.Wow. That was easy. Absolutely no one is suggesting that they should remove sprint and then design maps for sprint anyway. I don't know why this needs to be said.

And more abilities don't in "involved more player tactics." That is such a simplistic view of game meta and tactics. More does not mean better. More stuff does not mean more depth. I'll tell you what. Get a buddy and jump online to Halo CE and witness the experienced players in that game "tactics" you until you find it difficult to sit comfortably. You probably won't even comprehend what happened. Halo CE has a significantly larger skill gap than Halo 5, let alone the mess that is Warzone, which is, OF COURSE, the experience to which you're speaking. Warzone does not require skill. It is a brain dead, casual game mode.
I'm pretty sure it was designed big for vehicle use. Are you also going to tell me BTB maps were made for sprint as well? I would believe you, since I can't understand who would find it fun to walk at 5km/h on that one snowy BTB map in CE.

I guess in that case, it was designed for teleporters wasn't it?
I think thats a terrible idea it sounds like you wont be able to get away if you need to, because your shields are down
Let's go with the Classic playlist instead. Not as a "This-will-fix-everything" addition, but as a "This-is-the-best-we-can-do-without-ruining-the-game-for-anyone-else" addition.
Outright removing the sprint mechanic would make some players unhappy, to put it as lightly as possible. Adding a Classic playlist would preserve the current H5 experience, as to not anger the community that enjoys the game as it is now, myself included, while also adding a way to satisfy those who wish for a classic, fun, and sprintless experience, myself included. It would only benefit us and them. The community is satisfied (as for this issue, that is), and 343i could get more sales from those who won't buy the game because it's not as much like the old Halo games as they'd like.
To the anti-sprint community: would you be satisfied if a Classic Slayer, BTB, and/or Objective playlist was added, or will you only be satisfied with the abolition of sprint? I don't mean that in a negative way. I just want to know if this would work for you, and if we should try to make this happen.
I'm just left pondering how we ever got to the point where people sincerely believe that we should just cordon off actual Halo to one small portion of the game in a -Yoinking!- Halo title. Six years ago the idea would've been considered ludicrous and now its common place.

Classic Playlists are a bandage fix.
-They will have to rely heavily on forge mode. Maybe not exclusively, but for the most part.
-The sandbox won't be optimized for the settings. Halo Reach Anniversary is a farce that is nothing like Ce.
-Much like how everyone misrepresents our arguments I'm sure 343i will also misinterpret them as "Classic means nothing new whatsoever" then withhold actually beneficially additions to the game in lieu of having an extremely bare-bones sandbox.
-The classic playlists will inevitably get less support than the other playlists. Arena already gets less attention than Warzone and -Yoink-.

Better than nothing, but far from ideal.
Gandalfur wrote:
I pretty sure the new spartan abilities (save -Yoinking!- spartan charge) would be GENERALLY accepted in a halo game if they werent accompanied by sprint it would feel more competitive more strategic
thruster pack affects game flow more than any other spartan abilitity...its literally..a troll ability...as bad as spartan charge is...thruster pack is worse...might not feel that way when you get spartan charged...but in general...its all people do...all the time...escape, escape, escape, they have a big troll face whenever it happens....BUH BYE have a good time! its a grossly abused ability
no que no quiten el sprint
I think we should definitely keep Sprint. It's the thruster packs that I have a problen with. Also, spartan charges. Are those really necessary?
Holy crude this thread grew...sprint yo momma. LoL
343i. do it.
TryHardFan wrote:
It's pretty much standard these days. It's like asking to have jump removed cause wolfenstien didn't have it.
Standardized mechanics mean nothing when they add no new game play in halo. We would have been better off without the mechanic, especially when 343 had to waste so much time integrating sprint in every part of halo.
It adds nothing new? Seriously? It adds another level of strategy to the game with its own benefits and trade-offs.

Look at your average Arena match in Halo 5. People are still working as teams to control portions of the map and the map's weapons. They just added in a handful of new abilities that players have to master that, again, add another layer of strategy to the game. This is much better than in 4 when you had loadouts, armor abilities, and ordnance drops that ruined that dynamic.
I'm not talking about Spartan abilities in general, I'm referring to sprint. What good gameplay does sprint offer that wasn't already present in games like halo 1?
didn't even bother reading it because it is the dumbest topic out there right now. Just because it has sprint doesn't mean its not Halo. It's one whole mechanic, that's it. If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
That "one mechanic" has forced the whole game to change.

Dont even pretend to be knowledgable on this topic, you are coming off as condescending by saying "this is the dumbest topic out" as you clearly don't understand game mechanics. Sprint has forced 343 to change multiple things in the the halo formula just so we can move a little faster when they could have buffed base speed, and there you have it, problem solved. It's very clear to me that the pro sprinters don't understand game mechanics, generally. If you want to "go fast" ,that can very easily be accomplished without sprint. If you want to "feel like a Spartan" then I'm sorry, but this isn't an immersive rpg, gameplay consistency comes first. Yes, the animation is nice, sadly though the negative effects of sprint OUTWEIGH the positives. Do I hate sprint? NO, it works fine in games such as Battlefield, Borderlands etc, where a wide open map, or where a varied movement is important.

Notice how a lot of the arena maps now have stretched out hallways? Mhm thank sprint for that.
Don't like Spartan charge? Mhm thanks sprint.
Dont like how slow strafing is? Oh guess what....thank sprint.

In other words, it's not sprint on its own that's thr problem, it's the changes needed to BALANCE sprint in the game that create the problem. If sprint fit perfectly with halo I'd have no issue with it, like with Battlefield and other game I've played for a decade that eventually added sprint. Halo is the exception, as it's a different style of game, much like how Doom and Overwatch are very fast, faster than Halo 5, WITHOUT sprint.
Remember:
If you're arguing in favor of keeping sprint in the game its "just one minor mechanic that doesn't matter."
But if you're arguing against removing sprint it's "something that modern games absolutely need to have because it's such a big deal and they're so bad without it."

Stay consistent. Kek.
I think we should definitely keep Sprint. It's the thruster packs that I have a problen with. Also, spartan charges. Are those really necessary?
With sprint in the game, yes.

Spartan charge negates the double Melee issue caused by sprinting.

Thruster packs help strafing as base speed is slower to accomodate sprint, therefore slower strafing. This is why people crouch strafe in Halo now, as that's the best we can do other than jumping and such, but that's harder to learn, so only the higher tier players do it (from what I'm aware of anyway).

Remove sprint, and you won't have those problems. Just buff base speed to around %120, go try it yourselves. Go into Halo 5 customs, turn off sprint, but base speed to %120. See for yourselves.
another thread about sprint man, i just personally think these new abilities cant be used without sprint and that fast is the new style
With sprint in the game, yes.

Spartan charge negates the double Melee issue caused by sprinting.

Thruster packs help strafing as base speed is slower to accomodate sprint, therefore slower strafing. This is why people crouch strafe in Halo now, as that's the best we can do other than jumping and such, but that's harder to learn, so only the higher tier players do it (from what I'm aware of anyway).

Remove sprint, and you won't have those problems. Just buff base speed to around %120, go try it yourselves. Go into Halo 5 customs, turn off sprint, but base speed to %120. See for yourselves.
Which changes nothing in the maps since they will have stretched out hallways to accommodate for that new speed
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 840