3. 167
  4. 168
  5. 169
  6. 170
  7. 171
  8. ...
  9. 838
slvr cobra wrote:
I can deal with Sprint, but not unlimited Sprint with a screwed-up shielding system.

Reach Sprint or no Sprint I'd be fine either way, but H4 and especially H5's Sprint are garbage and completely break Halo.
it doesnt break halo
Get rid of grenades then. Really no way to get away from them.
With more modern technology 343 can make much bigger maps hosting more players, sprinting is very helpful as it helps us navigate the maps that are made.
Maps aren't made bigger because of technology unless that's the purpose of the gameplay. Warzone maps are suppose to be big. Arena maps were made bigger because you have sprint, not the other way around.
With more modern technology 343 can make much bigger maps hosting more players, sprinting is very helpful as it helps us navigate the maps that are made.
Can you elaborate how what new technology allows larger maps? How it allows larger maps?
slvr cobra wrote:
I can deal with Sprint, but not unlimited Sprint with a screwed-up shielding system.

Reach Sprint or no Sprint I'd be fine either way, but H4 and especially H5's Sprint are garbage and completely break Halo.
it doesnt break halo
Move in an appropriate direction by tilting the thumbstick you've assigned as to moving.
Alternatively you could jump at the same time.

Then grenade damage, AoE and primer could be balanced around no-sprint?
Naqser wrote:
slvr cobra wrote:

it doesnt break halo
Move in an appropriate direction by tilting the thumbstick you've assigned as to moving.
Alternatively you could jump at the same time.

Then grenade damage, AoE and primer could be balanced around no-sprint?
Not with current grenade damage. Also you can't recover while moving and almost all maps are narrow and perfect places for you to be naded. I prefer classic halo where people would react before running away. Now people run away or use only AR or grenades. What's the point of snipers etc if grenades are more deadly. I'm not talking about power ups those aren't included in my topic
Naqser wrote:
Can you elaborate how what new technology allows larger maps? How it allows larger maps?
Technology at some point of course limited the scope and size of map design but for goodness sake CE had blood gulch and sidewinder. I fell like people are being intellectually dishonest or they are simply limited in their knowledge on what they talk about.
Celestis wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Celestis wrote:
ok tell me why removing sprint with make halo halo again? halo has and always will be halo
Because the gameplay of Halo was built around the mantra of having combat during movement, and not one instead of the other. A design philosophy that 343 seems to trample underfoot.
meaning? just cause the first one didnt have it doesnt mean none can have it
Meaning that the Halo gameplay was specifically designed without sprint. Bungie tried it in an early build for Halo 2 and threw it out once they realized it broke the gameplay mechanics. It's quite literally not Halo gameplay if it has sprint.
it still is halo just cause bungie didnt have it doesnt mean its wrong for 343 to put it in the game
No it's not and yes it is.
Regardless, I'm still waiting for your explanation why we need sprint in the game.
how was it wrong please do tell?
Because people hated it and population plummeted.
people hated the story and let 343 do what they want
Letting 343 do what they want gave us both the worst multiplayer (Halo 4) and the worst campaign (H5G) in franchise history. This just proves that above all, they need supervision, primarily from the fanbase.
halo 5 fans want cortana back so they had to rewrite it and halos 4 wasnt bad
Nobody was asking for Cortana back. Specifically, nobody was asking for Cortana to be turned into "space Hitler".
The overall consens on Halo 4's multiplayer is that it's a piece of trash, a straight Call-of-Duty-riposs and the worst in the series. Altough I have to admit, in my personal opinion, H5G is far worse.
Also, "Halo 5 fans"? Before the game was even released? I think by this point you're just replying for the sake of arguing...
im not arguing to argue you still have given me a reason why sprint is bad and that is was "wrong" for 343 to put it in
Yes I did. Multiple, in fact. You just choose to ignore them.
A) It directly destroys Halo's run'n'gun gameplay which was specifically designed without sprint.
B) It contradicts lore because Spartans can shoot while sprinting.
C) It is inherently unbalanced by empowering losing players and disempowering winning players.
D) It forces players to run around the (already streched) maps like headless chicken in search of enemies, thereby essentially slowing down the game to a halt after every encounter.
E) It screws with campaign design by requiring all levels to be either vast empty spaces or endless corridoors, just so the player doesn't accidentally bump into something while sprinting.
And so forth... I've had this discussion countless times, I could do this blindfolded...
what's the purpose of a speed boost if we have sprint?
Reach sprint with the H5 no-shields regen? and a basic high movement speed?

I'm so tired of seeing this thread, I just can't be bothered to take a side. Just putting suggestions out there.
Naqser wrote:
Technology at some point of course limited the scope and size of map design but for goodness sake CE had blood gulch and sidewinder. I fell like people are being intellectually dishonest or they are simply limited in their knowledge on what they talk about.
Of course if we go to the extreme, then sure, it'll limit the size. Even Minecraft PC has a map size limit, and that use chunks.

Yeah, Blood Gulch and Sidewinder are two huge maps in CE. Prior to that though I'm sure any Battlefield 1942 which launched a year after Halo CE had huge maps to accommodate the vast amount of players present.
I can't find a video of it now but I'd imagine the 64 players Quake 2 MP maps were also quite large.
I see your points, but i use sprint more to get across giant maps quickly. Specifically warzone firefight when you respawn clear across the map and you have a time limit to defeat enemies. Modes like arena make sense to not have sprint. Breakout does not need sprint either. In real life i can walk run and sprint so it kind of makes sense to be able to sprint in the game when you need it and not sprint when you want to be more stealthy
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
There's nothing wrong with sprint! The original fps like doom and wolfenstein didn't give you a reticle to aim with, do you want to go back to that? I'm sure having to aim can be a hindrance so let's just make it so every time you pull the trigger you hit someone! Crouching has been around for awhile so we should just get rid of that stale old mechanic!
No no no sprint is the best without it the game would be annoying and slow
There's nothing wrong with sprint! The original fps like doom and wolfenstein didn't give you a reticle to aim with, do you want to go back to that? I'm sure having to aim can be a hindrance so let's just make it so every time you pull the trigger you hit someone! Crouching has been around for awhile so we should just get rid of that stale old mechanic!
Are you insinuating that progress for the sake of progress is good? Not one person is saying lets lets regress were saying sprint is a net negative mechanic and a better movement system can be implemented that doesnt force poor map design and an inability to fire while at max movement speed.
xXrockyXx2 wrote:
Why is sprint needed? Can a increased base movement speed be implemented that allows us to fight and move at the same time? Have you played H2 or 3 in mlg settings, these are some of the fastest halo games to date.
Those who argue for no sprint in Halo aren't using the age of mechanics for justifying their inclusion/removal.
xXrockyXx2 wrote:
Why is sprint needed? Can a increased base movement speed be implemented that allows us to fight and move at the same time? Have you played H2 or 3 in mlg settings, these are some of the fastest halo games to date.
Then just keep play if halo 2 or 3 lolol. Lots of players want sprint if you don't go play the games that you have that has no sprint it's pretty simple.
Halo had an aiming reticule before sprint got implemented.

Ironically, Sprint pre-dates Halo.
xXrockyXx2 wrote:
Then just keep play if halo 2 or 3 lolol. Lots of players want sprint if you don't go play the games that you have that has no sprint it's pretty simple.
Couldn't there be a new Halo without sprint?
You know, a Halo that's new and fresh and no sprint?

And when you let the masses dictate gameplay mechanics you may very well end up with horrible gameplay.
What if the masses wanted prone? Or loadouts for that matter?
What "lots of players" are we even talking about? Halo fans? General FPS fans? Which "lots of players"?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 167
  4. 168
  5. 169
  6. 170
  7. 171
  8. ...
  9. 838