7. 186
  8. ...
  9. 840
I would rather keep the sprint myself.
We are super soldiers
We should be quick enough and strong enough to sprint
getatme94 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
Halo 6 could be the game EVERYONE wants by removing sprint in campaign (yes because who the -Yoink- needs TWO movement speeds in campaign????) and
arena multiplayer at first I thought a no sprint playlist might be optimal but hear me out. I pretty sure the new spartan abilities (save -Yoinking!- spartan charge) would be GENERALLY accepted in a halo game if they werent accompanied by sprint it would feel more competitive more strategic and would also still be recognizable to the fine tuned experience we got in halo 5. Warzone and customs would be a whole other beast entirely retaining ALL the features that made halo 5 successful would keep warzone great and would also allow more options for custom games, for those people that actually wanted to play in a sprint arena type setting they could actually fire up the in game custom game lobby adjust the filter and be good to go! lets face it, sprint has NO place in competitive halo and to argue that it does would just be absurd. this would allow arena maps to continue to be designed the PROPER way and please the vets and basically everyone whos willing to give it a chance and you wouldnt lose much of your sprint loving audience at all because there would still be sprint in the game it would just take a backseat!
Thoughts? :3
A: Since the anti-sprint camp is only a section of the community it would not be the game everyone wants.
B: There has never been a clear answer as to why people think two geared movement isn't 'competitive'. Nor do I consider competitiveness to be the be all and end all of Halo. It has a role, but that isn't all halo is as h5 has shown to some degree.
C: You call any position other than yours 'absurd' though you fail to demonstrate how.
D: Loudly proclaiming that sprint has no place in 'competitive' halo is a claim, not an argument. You need to back up your claim if it is to be taken seriously.
E: Halo 5 has map design problems, but they don't really center around sprint. They center around size, spawning, blind corners, and lack of variety.
F: As a Halo veteran with no distaste for sprint, this argument form ignorance that the loss of population overtime is due to sprint that has been flooding the forum of late is getting tiresome. You still have nothing to base the claim on. It is still the equivalent of walking into your kitchen in the morning and seeing a plate of French toast and assuming a unicorn with a glittering mane made it for you.
This

Sprint is far from the be all and end all of halo. It never was and never will be. As I have said many, many times before i am pretty neutral as far as sprint goes but saying it will solve all problems is shallow and demonstrably not true.

A number of people have pointed to the increase in FPS without sprint as some form of evidence but from what i can see Doom has performed badly to say the least.

Its twitch rating has dropped hugely and it consistently sits below H5 most days despite being multi-platform. I realise this isnt the best measure but look at the steam numbers Here and you can see how numbers have dropped.
yet overwatch, and counterstrike are just fine
Cuz no one likes does games and I have not met a person who played doom and didn't like it I even luv it
This is not really valid. Sprinting was something people wanted after halo 2
They wanted a cover system too. Doesn't mean it should've been added.
Omg yes exzakly finally someone Getz it
I would rather keep the sprint myself.
Yes
Yes it is. That was my point, the majority of players find Sprint mandatory.
That's not an argument. Why is it good for the gameplay?
Chief- I am the galaxies savior, let me WALK to cover this way by the time I reach cover, I rather be dead
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Yes it is. That was my point, the majority of players find Sprint mandatory.
That's not an argument. Why is it good for the gameplay.
Yes itz da perfect argument all Fps games have it except ( Doom 4 ) so why shouldnt we sprint is awesome and makes sense in the lore of the game to have it chief even sprints in cutscenes but not in da game? Makes no sense
Chief- I am the galaxies savior, let me WALK to cover this way by the time I reach cover, I rather be dead
Lol so tru
you just have to play smarter and be more aware of your areas
you just have to play smarter and be more aware of your areas
Exzakly
I'm keen to see the success that a No sprint, No Spartan charge Halo could deliver.
Halo has it's own feel, and we all crave that. I think that the underperforming sales, and low online population longevity are directly linked to Halo not delivering on THAT feel anymore.

I enjoy Halo 5, and still play it near daily, but even those who are supporters of Halo 5's mechanics, almost all have their favourite Halo back in the classic titles. 343 has done the best job possible to incorporate sprint into Halo with 5, but sprint still defines the game play, map design, encounters, etc in a way that just isn't Halo. I commend their effort in this respect, but the truth is, we've tried it now, over 3 titles, and none of them delivered that genre defining thrill that came with the classic titles.

Sprint is now the norm, and the act of removing it would represent the fresh new thing. So for all of you who say that the Non sprint supporters can't accept something new, isn't it really you who are afraid to try something different again?
Chief: Wonder what Jun talked about, and who is Noble-6? Prone? I need to learn more about this move.

Chief: Oh you slow Marines, we're trying to get to the excavation site the Covenant dug up not take a leasure stroll through the forest.

Chief is a super soldier but can't prone in game. Noble 6 and Jun proned in Reach, but couldn't do it ingame.

Chief was running laps around moving marines in Halo 3, while being able to fire his weapons.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
They wanted a cover system too. Doesn't mean it should've been added.
Henry Ford once said if he asked what people wanted, they would of asked for faster horses. -Yoinking!- Waypoint, I swear...
I think the majority drowns out the minority unfortunately...
What was that? I can't hear you over the sound of all your confirmation bias.
There is no data that supports the notion that the majority of players enjoy sprint. In fact, population numbers express the exact opposite. Obviously neither side has concrete proof (we can't possibly determine why players still play and why they don't), but player retention has been on a major downward spiral since H4. That's something you just can't ignore/dismiss.
As a spartan super soilder you are not just faster and stronger, you are to be extordanairaly smarter and quicker congetively. Complaining about issued equipment for todays rules of engagment means your not cut out to be a spartan! Buck up buttercup! this ain't the marine corpse any more.
There is no data that supports the notion that the majority of players enjoy sprint. In fact, population numbers express the exact opposite. Obviously neither side has concrete proof (we can't possibly determine why players still play and why they don't), but player retention has been on a major downward spiral since H4. That's something you just can't ignore/dismiss.
To be truthful, Halo's capability to retain players has been steadily decreasing since Halo 2. Not to mention, it's impossible to attach significance to any single mechanic when so much has changed. Not only in Halo, but also in the shooter landscape around it. The population data only tells the popularity has decreased over the years, but it offers no explanation as to why that is.

Really, we just don't know what the majority of players thinks of sprint. Anybody who thinks the majority is on their side is not being honest to themselves.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 182
  4. 183
  5. 184
  6. 185
  7. 186
  8. ...
  9. 840