2. ...
  3. 184
  4. 185
  5. 186
  6. 187
  7. 188
  8. ...
  9. 840
Reading all these reasons for sprint make me want to gouge my eyes out. You can tell majority of this thread have not player CE/2 (or Halo 3 MLG) to understand that sprint is not an indicator for speed.

One question for everyone here. Why is it that HCE 2v2 to 50 goes by faster (if not the same time) as H5 4v4 to 50? Shouldn't halo 5 be "faster" with all these "new abilities"?
l Jinxed I wrote:
One question for everyone here. Why is it that HCE 2v2 to 50 goes by faster (if not the same time) as H5 4v4 to 50? Shouldn't halo 5 be "faster" with all these "new abilities"?
Dude, thats easy, it's because of the overpowered pistol...I#ve been told that it kills in 2 bodyshots and can shot through walls, thank god Halo 5 has the best sandbox of any video game ever created!!
l Jinxed I wrote:
Dude, thats easy, it's because of the overpowered pistol...I#ve been told that it kills in 2 bodyshots and can shot through walls, thank god Halo 5 has the best sandbox of any video game ever created!!
You see I think you have the pistol confused with a sniper, the pistol was op but anyone that's played ce understands that it Dosent affect the pace of the game
l Jinxed I wrote:
You see I think you have the pistol confused with a sniper, the pistol was op but anyone that's played ce understands that it Dosent affect the pace of the game
Pretty sure there was a dash of sarcasm to his post, mate.
Cobalt 9ID wrote:
In-game abilities such as Sprint are seen in a wide variety of video game titles because these abilities are very well standard nowadays, and are pretty much expected by the majority of gamers. Removing sprint would be a bad idea, because most people like options and a variety. The fact that 343i are trying to cater to new players as well makes this a dumb post.
"Majority" because games like cod with sprint are totally recieved better than new games with no sprint like overwatch and doom. sprint is going right back out of style and 343 needs to realize that
tsassi wrote:
There is no data that supports the notion that the majority of players enjoy sprint. In fact, population numbers express the exact opposite. Obviously neither side has concrete proof (we can't possibly determine why players still play and why they don't), but player retention has been on a major downward spiral since H4. That's something you just can't ignore/dismiss.
To be truthful, Halo's capability to retain players has been steadily decreasing since Halo 2. Not to mention, it's impossible to attach significance to any single mechanic when so much has changed. Not only in Halo, but also in the shooter landscape around it. The population data only tells the popularity has decreased over the years, but it offers no explanation as to why that is.

Really, we just don't know what the majority of players thinks of sprint. Anybody who thinks the majority is on their side is not being honest to themselves.
Not perfect but should definitely be a big hint to what people want
A6ENT C wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
Pretty sure there was a dash of sarcasm to his post, mate.
Sorry, it can be hard to tell with how oblivious some people on this site acually are
Halo has not been halo since halo 2.
have you somehow forgotten halo 3?
H3 sucked.
Honestly just leave. Halo 3 was the best Halo to date. It blended everything perfectly, brought new weapons, introduced forge, had awesome BTB maps, and a truly amazing physics engine. Halo 3 was, and always will be, better than Halo 2 in my opinion.
How about we take out the Spartan Charge and Ground Pound feature instead?
Don't you ever get tired of dying that way in arena or warzone?
Absolutely no skill involved.
It's the new camping.
l Jinxed I wrote:
Halo 3 is proof that Halo doesn't need sprint.
Halo 3 was pretty slow though haha, CE/2 play a lot faster. It's because of the bad FOV for Halo 3.
That 110% BMS in MLG was mad fun to play, personal favorite followed by H2 hardcore.
Personally I liked Halo 3 the most because you had to lead shots. It made the skill gap bigger, and it balanced the BR nicely for BTB.
l Jinxed I wrote:
Halo 3 is proof that Halo doesn't need sprint.
Halo 3 was pretty slow though haha, CE/2 play a lot faster. It's because of the bad FOV for Halo 3.
That 110% BMS in MLG was mad fun to play, personal favorite followed by H2 hardcore.
Personally I liked Halo 3 the most because you had to lead shots. It made the skill gap bigger, and it balanced the BR nicely for BTB.
CE-3 are interchangeable to me but 3s whole package was loaded with content and new features that blew us all away. Anyone who outright says halo 3 sucks never played it or are being intellectually dishonest and purposely ignoring a content loaded, feature rich package. H3 dispels all the reasons H5 cant have x amount of content at launch, not to mention it was the first halo in HD, on a new console and it even had a pvp-weblinked fileshare AT LAUNCH. Phenomenal product.

On sprint, the BMS placed @ 110 shows how we can keep sprint out of the games design, keep solid maps and going forward hopefully be able to attract the core halo fans while showing a quality product that invites everyone to "pick up and play".
'sees this post again'

'sees the like ratio on the first two posts and agrees with it'

'wonders again if anyone cares nearly as much as they pretend to online'

'goes and enjoys all Halo games'
This is one of those things that the community can't agree on as a majority, and because of that, I highly doubt the next Halo game will be what the OP described. It would be far more likely for the developers to just put in a "classic" playlist.
A campaign with Chief will make Halo, Halo again fully. The gameplay and therefor the multiplayer is brutally good. It feels so satisfying playing a few rounds of Slayer and finishing up with some fun Warzone. Honestly love the game for what it is. The campaign with the ridiculous squad gameplay, Locke POV and the fact that it's so meddled with by Microsoft is what's holding this great edition to the Halo family back I think.
'sees this post again'

First two post likes are your metric? 4 polls enjoy
'sees this post again'

I recommend you look at the number of likes on this first post instead...
Halo has not been halo since halo 2.
have you somehow forgotten halo 3?
H3 sucked.
Honestly just leave. Halo 3 was the best Halo to date. It blended everything perfectly, brought new weapons, introduced forge, had awesome BTB maps, and a truly amazing physics engine. Halo 3 was, and always will be, better than Halo 2 in my opinion.
IKR How can he think Halo 3 sucked?
I really don't think sprint by itself would be a big deal. I think the balanced guns along with sprint is what really makes Halo 5 play completely different from the original trilogy.
I have to disagree. Sprint is now ingrained and a pivotal part of Halo. Having sprint take a backseat severely hurt Halo as a whole. For those Old Guard that didn't adjust like the rest of us maybe an Arena playlist with no sprint.
We've adjusted. I hate it when people use this argument. It's been 6 years. We HAVE adjusted. It's not that hard. It's a damn game. We just PREFER (and so do 8 million people who have left the Halo franchise) that sprint isn't in the game because it changes game play massively. We don't like it. And as we I mean the anti sprint community. I enjoy halo 5. A lot and I mean this. But I enjoy old halo more. And I can't necessarily play mcc cause its broken. Don't tell me to just go play it. Takes 10 minutes to find a game and when I do it crashes. Does the same for most my friends. Sprint changes game play and that's final. Lots of people don't like the change of game play compared to the original so they left the franchise. It has nothing to with adapting. It has everything to do with whether we like it or not. And since we dont. 8 million people have left halo. It's not popular any more. Facts. Look up sales and you'll know how I get 8 million halo 3=13 million sales/ halo 5= 5 million sales (lowest selling main halo title)
I don't think so, I have been playing halo since the beginning and adapting with the gameplay is part of the experience, I think they could make a traditional halo playlist and I think that would be fun.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 184
  4. 185
  5. 186
  6. 187
  7. 188
  8. ...
  9. 840