2. ...
  3. 186
  4. 187
  5. 188
  6. 189
  7. 190
  8. ...
  9. 840
I don't think so, I have been playing halo since the beginning and adapting with the gameplay is part of the experience, I think they could make a traditional halo playlist and I think that would be fun.
It's not about adapting. It's what you prefer to play. If you like sprint game play over no sprint game play then good. More power to you. But the overwhelming majority prefer no sprint game play. As seen evidence by sales numbers since halo 3
People didn't leave because of sprint. Reach suffered from poorly implemented armor abilities, an one gun gameplay and a totally unbalanced sandbox as well as bad maps.
Halo 4 shipped with many cod elements like random spawns, ordnance, bad armour abilities, small and poorly designed maps and had a lot of randomness instead of skill. Meanwhile the game was a DMR fest until the weapon sandbox was made viable again. What's more custom game options were atrocious, several modes were missing (like firefight and invasion), infection was laughably bad, Sangheili weren't playable, vehicle gameplay was broken because people could spawn with plasma pistols and plasma grenades on maps too small for vehicles.
Then the MCC came and it was unplayable for 7 months and still has issues.
Then halo 5 launched with the worst and most insulting campaign for lore fans, no playable Sangheili, no custom game options (they didn't even have infinite ammo at launch), no infection, no assault, no grifball, no invasion, no SPLITSCREEN, no REQs in customs (many of which have still to be added), no forge, very few and mostly bad maps (remixes don't count), an unlock system based on money and pure luck as well as no social game modes like BTB. It took 7 months for invasion to be added and 2 months for forge to come. Most of the DLC maps are trash and remixes with Stasis being the first MP map 343i made (according to 343i) and released as DLC instead of being in the game. Even the spartan colour and emblem customisation options/colours were unacceptable in the beginning. Also most of the armours look like junk according to everyone. Let's also not forget the fact that up to this day there are no BTB dedicated maps and most dlc weapons were pointless armour, BR, AR, DMR, SMG, Mongoose, Gungoose, Civilian Hog, Gausshog, Rockethog and Warthog reskins that made unlocking something useful impossible. Who needs 32 battle rifles that you can barely tell apart? Who needs 25 Warthog or Mongoose types most of which barely have a difference?
Ignoring all these problems and saying that halo is going downhill is because of sprint only or mainly because of sprint is ridiculous. Sprint is balanced in the game and functions well. It's all the other issues I listed that hit the population hard, not the opinion of a very vocal minority that wants players to jump like frogs like we did in halo 3 and wants to reduce the game to an one gun game centered around the battle rifle.

EDIT: There is also the fact that there are now more games than there were during halo 3's time and it's also a fact that a portion of the fanbase has grown up and has to deal with work, family or university thus having less time to play halo.
tbh sprinting is a must need bc it helps you get to cover easily
That empowers cowards and noobs to never challenge and play defensively ALL THE TIME
Toss a grenade at them! It works for me!
that's clearly why you have a 0.994 kd
Oh look! It's another kd shaming troll! Go back to your parents basement I mean your cave.
Halo 2 had sprint while Bungie was still making the game. Sprint was almost in the game since Halo 2. Youtube it. Is 343 so bad now? They just did what Bungie almost did. Mind you 343 still butchered halo but that's for another forum...
Halo 2 had sprint while Bungie was still making the game. Sprint was almost in the game since Halo 2. Youtube it. Is 343 so bad now? They just did what Bungie almost did. Mind you 343 still butchered halo but that's for another forum...
Almost is the key word, then they avoided it in 3, and eventually implemented it as an AA in reach and the AAs were universally disliked and removed in MLG.
Almost is the key word, then they avoided it in 3, and eventually implemented it as an AA in reach and the AAs were universally disliked and removed in MLG.
The MLG crowd is a very small minority that -Yoinks!- about everything!
Bungie tested it, but decided against including it because it screwed with the games pacing. If anything that just makes 343 look worse because they continue to include it despite its problems.
The MLG crowd is a very small minority that -Yoinks!- about everything!
And yet were catering to them for 5 and using reqs as an excuse to self fund HCS and "free content". Did you play 2 or 3 with 110 BMS? Why is sprint needed that cant be accomplished with a more modern mechanic where we can move fast and be able to combat at the same time?

I think it will be a game with many improvements
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Bungie tested it, but decided against including it because it screwed with the games pacing. If anything that just makes 343 look worse because they continue to include it despite its problems.
Valid point, we saw the dislike for AAs in Reach. What did 343 do? The went overboard and let us create classes, use abilities that let us see through walls and have invis in our back pocket which resulted in the most disliked MP in Halo history.
Imo they should base halo games of Halo 3 and work with that model it's the most refined version of Halo clearly shows sprint is not needed and ruins competitive. People will bring up Reach but it was a very experimental game not intended to be like a traditional Competitive Halo. And please bring back the art design it looks so good seeing it in Halo Wars 2.

I also miss miss the BR from Halo 3 it required a lot more still to understand the bullet patterns and to get 4 shots I pretty much get them all the time in 5.
Cerberzok wrote:
I don't think so, I have been playing halo since the beginning and adapting with the gameplay is part of the experience, I think they could make a traditional halo playlist and I think that would be fun.
It's not about adapting. It's what you prefer to play. If you like sprint game play over no sprint game play then good. More power to you. But the overwhelming majority prefer no sprint game play. As seen evidence by sales numbers since halo 3
Small note: Halo 4 was THE BEST-SELLING Halo game EVER. What was that you were saying about sales numbers since H3?
Sales numbers in this example is a bit misleading. Halo 4 was a reboot of sorts to one of the most beloved games of all time, so in that aspect alone, it's no wonder it had such a huge audience ready to throw their money away regardless of how "good" the game looked. On another note, the amount of total gamers in the marketplace and xboxes sold had increased dramatically since Halo 3's release. Halo 4 was destined to sell regardless of how good the game was. Why do you think Microsoft created a developer to continue making Halo games when Bungie was out the door? After Halo 3 and Reach, it was a no-brainer that continuing the franchise would provide huge amounts of profit for Microsoft.

To address what Big Naaaaaaasty said, I think he may have mis-typed. What he might have meant to said instead of "sales numbers" is player numbers. Because the almost exponential active player decline for Halo 4 was very real, and really damaged Halo's community. Halo 3 had some of the highest active player counts years later for a first party title ever. Regardless of what he meant, I agree with Big Naaaaaaasty said. A sprintless Halo would stand apart from competitors and provide an authentic, unique experience that only Halo can provide.
Sprint was almost in the game since Halo 2. Is 343 so bad now? They just did what Bungie almost did.
Yes, they are bad. They admitted to putting in sprint because it's what modern day gamers expect. That's a terrible way to design games. Sprint was also cut pretty fast according to someone that worked on the sprint animations for H2.
I know they still kept a couple AA's as a map pickup, but I don't remember if they eventually got rid of them or not. The jetpack was one and I think maybe camo, but I'm not sure what the other ones were.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Sprint was almost in the game since Halo 2. Is 343 so bad now? They just did what Bungie almost did.
Yes, they are bad. They admitted to putting in sprint because it's what modern day gamers expect. That's a terrible way to design games. Sprint was also cut pretty fast according to someone that worked on the sprint animations for H2.
I know they still kept a couple AA's as a map pickup, but I don't remember if they eventually got rid of them or not. The jetpack was one and I think maybe camo, but I'm not sure what the other ones were.
This is the troubling thing. Instead of creating their own halo game it seems like the purposely avoid being associated with Bungie's Halos and at the same time catering towards what "insert focus group" expects. I take issue with this line of thinking, would Bungie of implemented forge in their dev period of 2005-7 because a focus group said its desired? OR was it something that was implemented to give the consumer something to else to keep their product fresh and innovative.

Innovation- far too many think innovation is only exclusive to movement mechanics, this is troubling. You know whats innovating a custom games browser, allowing us to use forge on the PC (thx 343), see there are ways to innovate your product without relying on one sole mechanic.
I love how people love to make sweeping blanket statements about what the fanbase prefers.

An overwhelming majority left because of changes in gameplay mechanics? Not because of a complex string of factors such as the expansion of the FPS market (especially CoD), Steam making PC gaming viable again, and people not having the time to game anymore due to college, a career, or families? Pinning the blame for Halo's decline on a single factor doesn't make for a healthy discussion.
Sooo if Halo was effected by an expansion of the FPS market, why is it the only AAA shooter struggling to mantain a healthy population?

And yes the "there are more game to play" is an excuse thrown around here on Waypoint as the main reason the game suffers from a bad population.

Sure it's a reason, but it probably accounts for a SMALL part of the population that left.

We will never know exactly what killed Halos population, but the noticeable population decline started with Reach-5, and coincidentally those games have caused the most strife within the Halo community.

Out of 83 people on my friends list that I've met since Halo 2, 54 of them are still active and out of those 54 people, 3 play Halo 5 on a daily basis.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who's friends list is completely barren of Halo players.

While I don't believe Sprint is the only reason why people left, I do believe it degrades the gameplay, and the gameplay of Halo games since Halo 3 has been god awful.

People don't find Halo fun anymore, and that's my opinion on why Halos population sucks.
As long as you don't move really slow I don"'t care if it's in or not.
To comment on the sales decline, everyone is forgetting one major thing; halo is on the xbox

The Xbox one is objectively weaker than the ps4 and this is a clear statement in the public eye. The ps4 is the more popular console during this generation, it has popular exclusives, it has all of the marketing deals with popular games, the Xbox can barely compete with it in terms of sales.

Halo was so popular because it was on the popular console at the time with little competition. Due to the halo fans eye of the series at this moment in time, many PlayStation players see no incentive in purchasing an Xbox because the past two halo games have been played up to be the worst in the franchise.

Dont kid yourself in thinking that people aren't buying halo 5 because sprint is in it.
As long as you don't move really slow I don"'t care if it's in or not.
Nooga wrote:
Id rather keep sprint.
To comment on the sales decline, everyone is forgetting one major thing; halo is on the xbox

The Xbox one is objectively weaker than the ps4 and this is a clear statement in the public eye. The ps4 is the more popular console during this generation, it has popular exclusives, it has all of the marketing deals with popular games, the Xbox can barely compete with it in terms of sales.

Halo was so popular because it was on the popular console at the time with little competition. Due to the halo fans eye of the series at this moment in time, many PlayStation players see no incentive in purchasing an Xbox because the past two halo games have been played up to be the worst in the franchise.

Dont kid yourself in thinking that people aren't buying halo 5 because sprint is in it.
If halo 3 sold so well due to being on the popular console ask yourself this.

How great must have halo 3 been if it was the most popular FPS on the market until 2009 and yet they had to endure RROD throughout its lifespan as the top game on xbox live? Do you remember the failure rate during that period of time?

What popular exclusives does the PS4 have that push X1 away from consumers? Anything that can come close the halo brand?

If halo 3 sold so well due to being on the popular console ask yourself this.

How great must have halo 3 been if it was the most popular FPS on the market until 2009 and yet they had to endure RROD throughout its lifespan as the top game on xbox live? Do you remember the failure rate during that period of time?

What popular exclusives does the PS4 have that push X1 away from consumers? Anything that can come close the halo brand?
The uncharted series, God of war, no mans sky, the last of us, just to name a few.

Sony also had big problems with the ps3 such as bad network service, hackers, confusing hardware for developers to work on, and an E3 announcement of a $600 price tag.

It also doesn't help halo that Microsoft want to sell Xbox ones. Look at the past two halo games; rushed out and unfinished so people can go ahead and buy an Xbox to have a halo game, and it won't be hard for Sony to have an exclusive to come close to the halo franchise due to the publics reactions to the MCC and Halo 5.

As much as I hate to beat a dead horse, halo 5, and clearly the MCC, were rushed out and released too early so Microsoft and 343 could have a game to compete with the big boys (Call of Duty, battlefield, etc.). Seeing all of the missing content and mediocre campaign, it is clear that this game was released in an unfinished state leading to a negative reaction from the gaming community, deterring them from buying the game. If halo 6 is finished with a butt ton of content on launch then an aura of positivity will surround the game, making it sell like hot cakes. The average Joe gamer doesnt care if sprint was in halo and would rather have a fun halo game built with a ton of fun content. The only people who don't like sprint in halo are die hard halo fans, which has sadly become a minority in the gaming community.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 186
  4. 187
  5. 188
  6. 189
  7. 190
  8. ...
  9. 840