2. ...
  3. 187
  4. 188
  5. 189
  6. 190
  7. 191
  8. ...
  9. 840
343 have changed Halo. They are not Bungie and it needs to progress, otherwise the only players would be people who are fans since Halo CE or 2. 343 are innovating Halo, for better and for worse
I quit using sprint a while back. It just makes me tired. I also have stopped jumping unless I need to get over something or up higher. These players who jump constantly also make me tired. Please stop jumping and running and just shoot me.

Thanks.
Keep the sprint.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
The Halo fanbase is full of excuses for every situation, aren't they?
So arguing that Halo's decline in population and sales was brought about by larger factors outside of 343i's control rather than the inclusion of Sprint is the equivalent of coming up with excuses now?

I'm genuinely impressed with how hard the level of discussion in this thread has hit rock bottom.
Its the most influential mechanic to how the game is played and designed since its inclusion. Correlation doesnt guarantee causation but the correlation in this mechanics implementation and these sales and population figures go hand in hand. Also if you can tell by the length of the thread, people genuinely care about how it is included, implemented and why it should be tossed aside after 6 years of negative trends.

Unless 343 would like to offer some sales and population data to indicate nu-halo is doing well...we know this may never happen...bummer.
Well said. Especially this part:
Quote:
Also if you can tell by the length of the thread, people genuinely care about how it is included, implemented and why it should be tossed aside after 6 years of negative trends.
SAVAGE1187 wrote:
Keep the sprint.
would you care to elaborate?
levlosky47 wrote:
343 have changed Halo. They are not Bungie and it needs to progress, otherwise the only players would be people who are fans since Halo CE or 2. 343 are innovating Halo, for better and for worse
Innovation for the sake of innovating isn't always a good thing. Also, slapping popular gameplay mechanics on to attract a newer audience, and in doing so, risking your existing audience as well as your product is not innovation. Look at what Doom has done with its movement system. That is innovation. Its devs have successfully progressed their game and yet still stayed true to their original formula. Halo needs to stop being one of the pack, and truly stand out by going back to its roots, and working from there.
levlosky47 wrote:
What innovations have they brought to the table?
The thing with doom is that it did its own thing... in the single player. The multiplayer is a forgettable cod knock-off, although fun, takes too much from others that it isn't really that unique.

Because of this the multiplayer has kind of faded away and no one even talks about it anymore (it has less views on twitch than halo, a console exclusive game). Hell the doomworld forums hate the multiplayer (which is odd considering people on a fan site seem to hate parts of the game they are fans of while non fans of the series love the multiplayer... )

Doom, even though it had a great campaign, is suffering from modern game syndrome where people play it for a month and love it until they eventually forget about it.

Edit: and finally another point; doom 2016 plays nothing like the original, but they are similar. Classic doom had insane movement and a heavy emphasis on map pickups. Nu Doom has a load out system and SIGNIFICANTLY lower speed. In essence it took the basics of that game and changed it to plau more like modern shooters, it isn't the old game with minor innovations.

Edit/ I've reached my post limit today so I must add this final thing, classic doom had a sprint button, but source ports later in the games life allowed players to turn sprint on at all times, which is why everyone things the base movement speed of classic doom was so fast
The thing with doom is that it did its own thing... in the single player. The multiplayer is a forgettable cod knock-off, although fun, takes too much from others that it isn't really that unique.

Because of this the multiplayer has kind of faded away and no one even talks about it anymore (it has less views on twitch than halo, a console exclusive game). Hell the doomworld forums hate the multiplayer (which is odd considering people on a fan site seem to hate parts of the game they are fans of while non fans of the series love the multiplayer... )

Doom, even though it had a great campaign, is suffering from modern game syndrome where people play it for a month and love it until they eventually forget about it.

Edit: and finally another point; doom 2016 plays nothing like the original, but they are similar. Classic doom had insane movement and a heavy emphasis on map pickups. Nu Doom has a load out system and SIGNIFICANTLY lower speed. In essence it took the basics of that game and changed it to plau more like modern shooters, it isn't the old game with minor innovations.
Doom definitely has some drawbacks. But in the aspect of movement, which is what this thread is about, I think Doom has done very well staying true to its movement system of old. (Hint: it didn't add sprint.)
Why didn't this thread stay dead?
Because a lot of people have problem with sprint.
Because a lot of the same 10 people have a huge problem with sprint.
"The same 10 people have a huge problem with sprint."

There are way more people that have a huge problem with sprint being in Halo than just 10 people.

Population numbers are a prime example.

Oh and Halo 5 was free for 2 weeks with the game not even being 1 year into the games life span. Also it was 50% off, just put that into perspective and think a little.
how much will you be able to loose halo and sprint doesn't work they stripped it from halo 2 alpha they knew it wouldn't work with halo so they removed added in halo 4 learned the hard way it doesn't belong for some stupid reason they decided lets change halo this wont bother halo fans no not at all removed playable eliets cause the models couldn't handle sprint so alpha eleits were removed because of the time frame regular Spartan shields made combat to challenging so that had to go couldn't have leading bullets because sprint made the engine derp so they kept hit scan so then game modes were dropped so people had to play warzone to buy reqs money money money does anybody miss when people made games for the passion of it and not because of money anybody miss when games tried to improve instead of changing to appeal to everyone who doesn't play the game let the coments begin
At least it isn't armor lock.
Havio 0 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
Id rather keep sprint.
I concur.
But why though. No one's saying why (or at least giving legitimate reasons on why it's a good thing for Halo/Halo needs it).
Because we like having a second gear. More tactical options. Its not like everyone is just sprinting constantly. Sprint thrusting and clambering just compliment each other.
Halo has not been halo since halo 2.
have you somehow forgotten halo 3?
H3 sucked.
Honestly just leave. Halo 3 was the best Halo to date. It blended everything perfectly, brought new weapons, introduced forge, had awesome BTB maps, and a truly amazing physics engine. Halo 3 was, and always will be, better than Halo 2 in my opinion.
The firing rate on the pistol was terrible! Swat was a pain in the -Yoink-! The hit boxes were almost non existent! And I felt like I was walking through a thick syrup.
Asavage853 wrote:
Havio 0 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
Id rather keep sprint.
I concur.
But why though. No one's saying why (or at least giving legitimate reasons on why it's a good thing for Halo/Halo needs it).
Because we like having a second gear. More tactical options. Its not like everyone is just sprinting constantly. Sprint thrusting and clambering just compliment each other.
More tactical options that limit your options once in use. That equates to less variety as you play.
No.

Designing maps for a variety of modes instead of just 4v4 slayer will make Halo Halo again.
I feel like at this point, Halo 6 would feel disconnected from Halo 4/5 without sprint, but in future installments, I agree we need to be rid of sprint.
No.

Designing maps for a variety of modes instead of just 4v4 slayer will make Halo Halo again.
I agree! H5s focus on slayer is what is killing Halo because only a fraction played competitive! Halo has always had a variety of game modes that were so much fun to play but in H5 we only have a fraction of game modes that you won't find in other fps franchises! We don't even have the custom game options to create those modes!
Halo has not been halo since halo 2.
have you somehow forgotten halo 3?
H3 sucked.
Honestly just leave. Halo 3 was the best Halo to date. It blended everything perfectly, brought new weapons, introduced forge, had awesome BTB maps, and a truly amazing physics engine. Halo 3 was, and always will be, better than Halo 2 in my opinion.
The firing rate on the pistol was terrible! Swat was a pain in the -Yoink-! The hit boxes were almost non existent! And I felt like I was walking through a thick syrup.
I have to agree that the pistol in Halo 3 was probably the worst pistol in Halo history and next to useless. Although Swat is completely skill (and connection) based. I don't know if this is true, but I think what you were talking about that the hit-boxes are very small was because of the fact that instead of using hitscan (if you fire, whatever is in your reticle takes damage) the game used projectile bullets that had to travel, albeit very fast, to it's target. I personally feel like projectile bullets are better for Halo because in open maps like Sandtrap, if the game used hitscan, if you were in an open area it was a death sentence. Anyone could easily land every hit with their BR on you and it would be near impossible to survive. And I, personally, again, think that sprint doesn't belong in Halo, and not because of anything that seriously affects gameplay. If Halo didn't have sprint, it would be drastically different compared to games like CoD and Battlefield, and it would be its own unique experience, which I deeply value in a game. However, I'm not completely against thrusters from Halo 5. I think that abilities like Spartan charge, ground pound, sliding, and clamber don't belong in Halo, but thrusters on their own would make the game very fun, but still simple. Only basic movements and the ability to dodge around grenades and stuff.

And please, 343, don't add wall-running...

One more:
Listen, I don't hate Smart-scope. But why do I float in the air when I use it?! Why doesn't my Spartan do that any other time? It makes no sense!!
levlosky47 wrote:
you couldn't be more wrong
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 187
  4. 188
  5. 189
  6. 190
  7. 191
  8. ...
  9. 840