4. 372
  5. 373
  6. 374
  7. 375
  8. ...
  9. 834
l Jinxed I wrote:
Naqser wrote:
I think have new a controller option in H6 for all the old school players that they can switch off sprint anytime they want - and we will see how many do this when everybody else is sprinting around the WZ maps!
Irrelevant post is irrelevant, unless that control scheme gives you a 120 BMS, then your see who is still using sprint after a few weeks.
Yes maybe but playing without the sprint would be such a slow game. I played some multiplayer on MCC this past weekend it was just slow! Sprinting is a basic human movement it needs to be in the game, period!
You already played Halo 6?
There are many more basic human movement actions we're missing at the moment, following that, those too need to be in the game.
Never said I've played H6 (i wish however)
So name some off those other basic human movements that are still missing!
thanks ...
I want to lie down in Halo.
I want to be able to move my arms individually.
Why can't I kick?
Why can't I eat?
How do I die and respawn?
Why can't I eat?
emjohnson wrote:
I've seen this forum consistently staying at the top of the forums list. In my opinion, I think sprint should be in halo, because it makes the game fast paced, fun, and easier to play. Specifically, most of the maps are designed well with sprint in mind. If you remove it, it will mess up the game, and send it back in time when most games didn't have sprint.
How does it make the game face paced?

Yeah, chess was a game that should've evolved, that's why nobody plays it anymore. The same goes for Counterstrike.
Sprint doesn't, trick question.

Chess should have evolved? People still play chess, not sure where you're getting that from.

Not sure if you know this, but when CSGO launched, it was EVOVLED.

You know what happened? The population tanked. Everyone went back to 1.6

Only recently is it doing well, because Valve made it more similar to the previous games. http://steamcharts.com/app/730
Correct.

I'm sorry, it was sarcasm, lol Good 'ol text.
Keep sprint it allows up to get to cover quickly so we dont die
Remove sprint and design maps that require wits and strategy to excel at, rather than running away from battles that you put yourself in through carelessness.
I dont think so sprint makes the game more fun and realistic. If they removed sprint i would be very mad.
How do you think the core Halo fanbase feels about 343i not, at minimum, including a classic Halo playlist--with traditional settings, and maps that are designed for that kind of gameplay?
Well, sprint certainly won't be removed from Halo 5. Maybe 6, though it doesn't seem likely. I've adjusted to having sprint and so would probably miss it a little at first, but could adjust back of it's gone. I guess I just don't really care.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Case in point: try doing this on Viking.
Lel clamber......
halo 3 has so much depth in terms of its movement

you know halo is almost dead when that channel doesn't upload in ages.
up up down down left right left right a b a b select start
I understood that reference.

and cringed, so many memories, gone.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Case in point: try doing this on Viking.
Lel clamber......
halo 3 has so much depth in terms of its movement

you know halo is almost dead when that channel doesn't upload in ages.
But it's so slow!
H3's movement has depth because of the map design.
ImAri3s wrote:
JUST DONT SPRINT IF ITS ADDED 343 ISNT FORCING YOU TO SPRINT ITS YOU CHOICE. THIS IS A DUMB ARGUMENT ANYWAYS
Is that last part supposed to be projection or something?
ImAri3s wrote:
JUST DONT SPRINT IF ITS ADDED 343 ISNT FORCING YOU TO SPRINT ITS YOU CHOICE. THIS IS A DUMB ARGUMENT ANYWAYS
Is that last part supposed to be projection or something?
Idk anymore.
ive seen plenty of dumb arguments, I really can't tell.
Chess is a old game.
Chess needs to evolve

This right here is the logic going through most people's minds.
not insulting, just try to think of real arguments.
pajama dad wrote:
ZuuluuZ wrote:
They made the Warzone maps stretched out so you would have to use sprint. Not having sprint would basically make Warzone a broken gamemode since the maps were built for it. You nostalgic Halo fans need to suck it up.

They could just not stretch the maps. Then you know, they wouldn't be plagued by people sitting a mile away with rifles and snipers picking you off as you try to cross the mile of no man's land between every part of the map.
If you want smaller maps play Arena. Problem solved.
But arena has sprint...
So take it out, no bad maps, skillful gameplay, everybody wins!
You don't HAVE to sprint. Just because you don't want sprint doesn't mean everybody else doesn't want it.
I know I don't have to sprint. I don't want my enemies sprinting, because it effects me. Oh, and the vocal majority doesn't want sprint.
Vocal majority? You mean the majority of those voicing an opinion?

I don't think that means much at all, unless you can show that this opinion is actually representative of the whole.
By vocal majority I mean everyone who has voted on poll. I agree that it doesn't mean -yoink-, but this dude wrote: "Just because you don't want sprint doesn't mean everybody else doesn't want it." I was just reminding him of how bad argument that was. It is true, but games shouldn't be designed around what the community wants, it should be designed around what adds actual depth to the gameplay while retaining it's core appeal.
sprint and all the new maneuvers have given halo a completely new feel which makes it much harder in some cases to kill. I prefer it this way now (at the beginning I thought it was a horrible idea) but we should keep all of this.
Alright it appears nobody read my long post so im just gonna bullet point everything, but first let me begin. Halo shouldnt have sprint starts here is why
  • Sprint helps the player TOO much, halo in the past was meant to be barebones. And get good with what u got.
  • Sprint is like a power weapon, as said above it helps the player too much and also doesn't take skill to use. Just a push of a button and you're perfecting it.
  • Sprint changes the game play too much. Again, just as I said earlier, sprint is like a power weapon. Its like playing slayer BRs and then playing snipers. People play differently.
  • We never needed sprint in the past. I only really play halo 2 on the PC now, and I never needed to sprint, I was going at a quick pace and had my gun up all the time.
  • In the past halos you were pretty much running with your gun up. Trust me go in theatre mode and tell me those arent running legs.
  • Its quite gimmicky, putting your gun and going faster isnt really revolutionary.
  • It would be more acceptable if it was a power up. It is quite powerful and would be a power up people would like.
And that's all I can remember
And im not nostalgia blinded. I just have a different opinion to you.
I dont own halo 5 or an xbox, but I still played the game, long enough to recognise its pros and cons.
It's sad that good posts get ignored...We've had some decent discussions on Map design and sprint that just get lost in the rabble.

I think it'd be awesome if we can get 4 articulate "Pro-sprint"ers and 4 articulate "No-Sprint"ers to have a proper debate.
Sprint helps the player to much? Not really it punishes them if used incorrectly. Fits in to the risk reward category nicely. Most of the time your just going to die unless you use it correctly so their is a skill to it. People complain that it allows players to escape when they shouldn't well if you cant complete the kill thats on you. As for stretching the maps to accommodate sprint i really couldnt care less and is a weak argument. In higher level play you rarely see sprint but its still an option. It provides immersion depth and tactics. I used to be anti sprint but with the way its implemented in halo 5 its Actually pretty genius and a good comprise. Its not like people are just spamming sprint unchecked.

In past halos you were pretty much running. Thats besides the point. Sprint is about providing a boost in speed reguardless of how fast the base speed is. It helps detur campers and you have to be more aware plus it flows seamlessly with clamber and thrust. I find the opposite of sprint is the way to go depending on the team your playing against. Sometimes stealthy is the way to go but if a team is playing slow and campy playing a faster game is the way to go. theirs just so much more depth imo. Sometimes you have to make adjustments. Classic halo just feels very one dimensional and boring with predictable traffic. A lot of people act as if adding sprint to halo changed it from an fps to a turn based strategy game. As long as halo has shields, fair starts, weapon spawn, and the golden Triangle its still halo. People just arent willing to change their play style.
sprint and all the new maneuvers have given halo a completely new feel which makes it much harder in some cases to kill. I prefer it this way now (at the beginning I thought it was a horrible idea) but we should keep all of this.
Making it harder to achieve kills doesn't speed up the gameplay.
tsassi wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
Right, lets settle this once and for all.

VOTE HERE

SPRINT IN HALO 6? YES OR NO.
polls like that pop up every 6 days or so, there have been huge polls in the past on all major communites (waypoint, reddit, TeamBeyond)...if they are in favor of removing sprint, 343 will smash them down as "self selection bias" if they are in favor of keeping sprint, well everything is alright I guess...
But you're not any better, ignoring the potential bias in these three polls simply because they support your agenda. In reality, TeamBeyond has to be ruled out completely as it's a hardcore competitive community and therefore simply isn't representative of the average Halo player in any way or form. When it comes to the Waypoint poll, if my memory serves, the reason it got some three thousand responses instead of dying at the few hundred that Waypoint polls usually do is that Ghostayame tweeted it. And again, as an ex pro player, his following is biased towards the competitive crowd. It's for this reason that the Waypoint poll is so much against sprint (and why you can't repeat the result with the standard Waypoint crowd, because Waypoint is a significantly noncompetitive community). The Reddit poll I'm not qualified to comment on.

A general problem with all of these is also that all these internet communities in general are skewed towards the older crowd, and people who have something to complain about (the latter being especially true for Waypoint with it being the official Halo forum). The forum distribution will have a higher portion of original trilogy players presented than the actual player base, possibly by an insignificant amount.

Finally, things on the internet spread through sharing, and it's likely that all these polls have had their share of people telling other people about the poll. However, the people more likely to spread the message are people who care deeply about the issue, and so you see the problem that is forming.

The biggest problem with gathering opinions from people is sampling. For your opinion poll to have any real significance, you need to be able to ensure and show that it was suffuciently randomly sampled to be representative of the larger population. There are many places where you can go wrong with that task.

Another thing to consider when you have multiple polls is the overlap. It doesn't help you anymore to have three polls than if you had two if two of your polls have virtually the same crowd, or even a significant portion. You definitely won't be able to assume all these three polls to be independent as there is definitely overlap. Not only because some people visit multiple of these communities, but also because of the way they were shared, some people probably heard about the polls in those other communities they don't usually visit.

All in all, the significance of these three polls is much less than people think it is. It's likely that Josh Holmes has some bias towards sprint, so you're not wrong that he'd probably be more likely to criticize polls that disagree with his agenda. Very much in the same way that you are more likely to criticize his comment because it goes against your agenda.
Shouldn't the Waypoint and Beyond polls have more value because the hardcore community voted? It's again really therapeutic for me because I was gonna suggest that the casual and average players opinions don't have as much value to them.
The players that have spent more money and time on the franchise and have discussed these things more are usually more educated on these topics.
That is also the reason I was so suprised that the H5 competitive experience was so bad. How did Gho57ayame and Neighbor let something like this be published? A game like Halo should never be designed around casual play. Like all the casuals come and say: "I can't get to cover fast enough!". So they put thrust in the game. The casuals go: "don't like it? Don't use it." That's a problem.
343i need to either shut their doors for good or fix their previously broken -Yoink- games before the move on to the next one.
I'd like it if my BR was a consistent 4 shot in any of the games they've made first before trying to make halo competitive again.
Sprint isn't competitive because it allows you to correct mistakes like pushing to far. Try playing Halo 2 classic. Lol you get punished for any mistake in that game.
Asavage853 wrote:
Sprint helps the player to much? Not really it punishes them if used incorrectly. Fits in to the risk reward category nicely. Most of the time your just going to die unless you use it correctly so their is a skill to it. People complain that it allows players to escape when they shouldn't well if you cant complete the kill thats on you. As for stretching the maps to accommodate sprint i really couldnt care less and is a weak argument. In higher level play you rarely see sprint but its still an option. It provides immersion depth and tactics. I used to be anti sprint but with the way its implemented in halo 5 its Actually pretty genius and a good comprise. Its not like people are just spamming sprint unchecked.
How does it not help the player who uses it correctly? Anything can punish you if used incorrectly but you're not looking at it used correctly.
There are quite a few things that would fit into the risk reward category as well, not that we need to implement new mechanics for that purpose alone.
Most things require some sort of skill, there's just a question of how much effort is needed to be put into it and the result you get from it.
Of course, there's just another aspect to being allowed to get away.

Sprint generally makes it easier to get away alive from a firefight. The reason being that it puts the winning player in a loss-loss choice situation, firepower vs distance. The input required for the result is far less than disengaging from a firefight where your opponent retains the ability to chase you and damage you at the same time.

How is it a weak argument? It's a counter argument towards "getting places faster".

Now if we don't see it that much in higher level play, what use does it really have?

It only provides immersion if you think it is immersive. I certainly do not find it immersive.
I don't find it adding depth either.
What tactics are now enabled that weren't before?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 371
  4. 372
  5. 373
  6. 374
  7. 375
  8. ...
  9. 834