Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 374
  4. 375
  5. 376
  6. 377
  7. 378
  8. ...
  9. 839
Dinho239 wrote:
  1. Halo is just fine with sprint or even any spartan abilities,
  2. is just innovation, why is it that bad??
  3. and why the -Yoink- do the people complain about something soooo stupid like removing sprint??
  4. instead of that focus on something that really matters, like that Halo 5 had the worst campaign in the franchise, the play-doh like graphics, the terrible ranking system, the multiple glitches and issues (specially in theater mode) the lack of a sell many reqs option, and it never had splitscreen etc. that stuff matters,
  5. that Halo 5 was a bad game (at least at launch)
  1. Opinion
  2. Not all innovation is good.
  3. Complaining about sprint would fix a lot of the problems with gameplay in the game.
  4. Complaining about sprint doesn't mean this issues don't exist.
  5. Halo was a mediocre game. It is a 6/10 now and when it was at launch.
I Jimmie I wrote:
SlicedWood wrote:
I Jimmie I wrote:
I'm honestly a big fan of sprint. It's a change that I think should have been made a long time ago.
But why?
For me it was just a matter of opinion in that it was hard to think that I was playing as a super soldier...who somehow couldn't run.
You never played through The Library on Heroic, did you? Those were some epic fights. Man, 343i should really make some Firefight matches with the flood. And, like, have Infection Forms take over a player's corpse, using their last REQ. That would be pretty cool. Anyway, kinda rambled there.
Dinho239 wrote:
Halo is just fine with sprint or even any spartan abilities, I've played since Halo CE (except for Halo Reach and ODST), and that really doesn't bother me, is just innovation, why is it that bad?? and why the -Yoink- do the people complain about something soooo stupid like removing sprint?? instead of that focus on something that really matters, like that Halo 5 had the worst campaign in the franchise, the play-doh like graphics, the terrible ranking system, the multiple glitches and issues (specially in theater mode) the lack of a sell many reqs option, and it never had splitscreen etc. that stuff matters, we need to focus in fixing that, if 343i just removes sprint the games won't change if they still have a terrible story telling, terrible rank system, lack of content at launch, bad and werid graphics, and no splitscreen, then think, does sprint really matters NOW?? I know it may be immportant, but there are other priorities that need to be fixed first, I LOOOOVE Halo, but have to admit that Halo 5 was a bad game (at least at launch) and I can make a HUGE list about what things make Halo 5 bad, but sprint isn't one of them.
If Arena was built for classic Halo gameplay, then I'd be more concerned about the campaign, because at least multiplayer would be solid again. The campaign was--flashy, with some slight glimpses of magic, but ultimately soul crushing (The Breaking is perhaps the most apt title for any mission that I've seen in a Halo title). The 2nd Warden fight actually had some real flow to it, which I was impressed by, and Genesis was quite beautiful, but man, the narrative was so esoteric and disorganized. If I hadn't played Spartan Ops, then I would've had no clue as to what was going on. I mean, just don't get me started.

It has to be possible to produce another gem like Halo CE. Maybe 343i will get it together, Firefight saved the last of my trust in the company.
Well clearly I see that the vast majority actually likes sprint or wouldn't care if sprint is removed or not, and when this topic was huge 343i asked the public through the Halo survey, which I am still a part of, and statistics wise there is just a very small minority of people who do not like sprint and you are one of them OP. And as Halo 5 has been played for about a year now, people have gotten even more accustomed to the idea of sprint being in Halo. So sorry that you and a few or many of your friends dislike sprint, but the reality of it is that you anti-sprint haters are still just the minority.

The option is out there to run customs without sprint, yet people don't do it, even though they could and the game still works as old style Halo. Yet HCS does not run these schemes and some pros might not enjoy sprint but they learn and deal with it anyways because it is the game that the biggest majority of people want to watch and play. Sprint very much has amped up the competitive gameplay of Halo a lot, at least with it being involved, but is everything revolved around sprint? Not even close, in fact in a good competitive match, you wont see much sprinting unless people are getting into position quickly while being aware of what is going on. I am a competitive gamer, and a competitive Halo player since Halo 2, so yeah I have grown up without sprint, and to be honest I thought Halo 3 was the best game ever made. But now with Halo 5 and sprint, although that is not really what makes me think this, but I do believe that Halo 5 is now the best game ever made, and the most fun for me to play.

Think what you want and ask for what you will, But to put it out there, this is a dead topic, and sprint is not going anywhere.
Well clearly I see that the vast majority actually likes sprint or wouldn't care if sprint is removed or not, and when this topic was huge 343i asked the public through the Halo survey, which I am still a part of, and statistics wise there is just a very small minority of people who do not like sprint and you are one of them OP. And as Halo 5 has been played for about a year now, people have gotten even more accustomed to the idea of sprint being in Halo. So sorry that you and a few or many of your friends dislike sprint, but the reality of it is that you anti-sprint haters are still just the minority.

The option is out there to run customs without sprint, yet people don't do it, even though they could and the game still works as old style Halo. Yet HCS does not run these schemes and some pros might not enjoy sprint but they learn and deal with it anyways because it is the game that the biggest majority of people want to watch and play. Sprint very much has amped up the competitive gameplay of Halo a lot, at least with it being involved, but is everything revolved around sprint? Not even close, in fact in a good competitive match, you wont see much sprinting unless people are getting into position quickly while being aware of what is going on. I am a competitive gamer, and a competitive Halo player since Halo 2, so yeah I have grown up without sprint, and to be honest I thought Halo 3 was the best game ever made. But now with Halo 5 and sprint, although that is not really what makes me think this, but I do believe that Halo 5 is now the best game ever made, and the most fun for me to play.

Think what you want and ask for what you will, But to put it out there, this is a dead topic, and sprint is not going anywhere.
Majority voted for Halo without sprint and 343 ignored it in past. That majority of people left Halo and that is why recent polls have higher vote for inclusion of sprint. Giving option to disable sprint in custom game does not solve and will not solve the problem.
Well clearly I see that the vast majority actually likes sprint or wouldn't care if sprint is removed or not, and when this topic was huge 343i asked the public through the Halo survey, which I am still a part of, and statistics wise there is just a very small minority of people who do not like sprint and you are one of them OP. And as Halo 5 has been played for about a year now, people have gotten even more accustomed to the idea of sprint being in Halo. So sorry that you and a few or many of your friends dislike sprint, but the reality of it is that you anti-sprint haters are still just the minority.

The option is out there to run customs without sprint, yet people don't do it, even though they could and the game still works as old style Halo. Yet HCS does not run these schemes and some pros might not enjoy sprint but they learn and deal with it anyways because it is the game that the biggest majority of people want to watch and play. Sprint very much has amped up the competitive gameplay of Halo a lot, at least with it being involved, but is everything revolved around sprint? Not even close, in fact in a good competitive match, you wont see much sprinting unless people are getting into position quickly while being aware of what is going on. I am a competitive gamer, and a competitive Halo player since Halo 2, so yeah I have grown up without sprint, and to be honest I thought Halo 3 was the best game ever made. But now with Halo 5 and sprint, although that is not really what makes me think this, but I do believe that Halo 5 is now the best game ever made, and the most fun for me to play.

Think what you want and ask for what you will, But to put it out there, this is a dead topic, and sprint is not going anywhere.
Funny how that public survey wasn't put out in a community update asking people to sign up, and many people that did still didn't get it, a closed survey is never the answer to anything, bad sample size and variation.
Well clearly I see that the vast majority actually likes sprint or wouldn't care if sprint is removed or not, and when this topic was huge 343i asked the public through the Halo survey, which I am still a part of, and statistics wise there is just a very small minority of people who do not like sprint and you are one of them OP. And as Halo 5 has been played for about a year now, people have gotten even more accustomed to the idea of sprint being in Halo. So sorry that you and a few or many of your friends dislike sprint, but the reality of it is that you anti-sprint haters are still just the minority.

The option is out there to run customs without sprint, yet people don't do it, even though they could and the game still works as old style Halo. Yet HCS does not run these schemes and some pros might not enjoy sprint but they learn and deal with it anyways because it is the game that the biggest majority of people want to watch and play. Sprint very much has amped up the competitive gameplay of Halo a lot, at least with it being involved, but is everything revolved around sprint? Not even close, in fact in a good competitive match, you wont see much sprinting unless people are getting into position quickly while being aware of what is going on. I am a competitive gamer, and a competitive Halo player since Halo 2, so yeah I have grown up without sprint, and to be honest I thought Halo 3 was the best game ever made. But now with Halo 5 and sprint, although that is not really what makes me think this, but I do believe that Halo 5 is now the best game ever made, and the most fun for me to play.

Think what you want and ask for what you will, But to put it out there, this is a dead topic, and sprint is not going anywhere.
343 has stated that they seriously considered sprint during h5 development with the tipping point being that players "expected" it in 2015. Well, now it's 2016 going on 2017 and 2 of the top 3 most played fps games do not feature sprint.

Sprint has never been a more live topic in halo than it is right now.
Best bets are sprint is here to stay. If you don't like it then don't bloody well use it
Reported for spam.
That's not spam, you're spamming.
pajama dad wrote:
ZuuluuZ wrote:
pajama dad wrote:
ZuuluuZ wrote:
They made the Warzone maps stretched out so you would have to use sprint. Not having sprint would basically make Warzone a broken gamemode since the maps were built for it. You nostalgic Halo fans need to suck it up.
...

They could just not stretch the maps. Then you know, they wouldn't be plagued by people sitting a mile away with rifles and snipers picking you off as you try to cross the mile of no man's land between every part of the map.
If you want smaller maps play Arena. Problem solved.
But arena has sprint...
So take it out, no bad maps, skillful gameplay, everybody wins!
You don't HAVE to sprint. Just because you don't want sprint doesn't mean everybody else doesn't want it.
I know I don't have to sprint. I don't want my enemies sprinting, because it effects me. Oh, and the vocal majority doesn't want sprint.
Vocal majority? You mean the majority of those voicing an opinion?

I don't think that means much at all, unless you can show that this opinion is actually representative of the whole.
Neither side can show what the major "likes" and either way it doesn't matter.

"If I would have asked people what they wanted, they would have said "a faster horse"".
-Henry Ford
yeah, people are dumb. Which is why this is such a funny conversation.

I get the distinct feeling a lot of hardcore halo fans are looking to explain why the franchise they so love isnt as popular as before. The answer is undoubtedly more complicated than Sprint or Golden Triangle, but those are the easiest to point to.
Poor map design, yo. That is the single most glaring problem with Halo: Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5.
Completely agree. I didnt have too many issues with reach's maps (none of them made me not want to play), but halo 2 and 3 had some great maps that I sorely miss.

I will say that I like the character bungie put into maps. At least reach maps felt like real places. H4 and 5... Those are "generic halo map 1" and "generic halo map 2"...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
If by some miracle, 343i will make Halo 6 without Sprint & Spartan abilities and add balanced and skilled weaponry, full game with proper story and playlists, real free DLC-maps, that would nail it.

Sprint does not belong into Halo, nor does Halo need Sprint to evolve or to keep up with standards. I bet most of people wouldn't bat an eye if 343 took out Sprint.
Ocanine wrote:
If by some miracle, 343i will make Halo 6 without Sprint & Spartan abilities and add balanced and skilled weaponry, full game with proper story and playlists, real free DLC-maps, that would nail it.

Sprint does not belong into Halo, nor does Halo need Sprint to evolve or to keep up with standards. I bet most of people wouldn't bat an eye if 343 took out Sprint.
I want to see their reaction on 343 making true Halo game.
I think the sprint is something necessary well that's what I think others donot
Naqser wrote:
sprint and all the new maneuvers have given halo a completely new feel which makes it much harder in some cases to kill. I prefer it this way now (at the beginning I thought it was a horrible idea) but we should keep all of this.
Making it harder to achieve kills doesn't speed up the gameplay.
.
Excuse me?

You say it increases the likelyhood of surviving and encounter, it's harder to fight due to the sheer number of different mechanics presented.
Yet sprint, a boost in forward momentum, increases the speed of the gameplay? A feature not used in combat, outside of Spartan Charge.

I'd say only a small amount of gameplay happens outside combat, and a large part of that small amount is sprinting. When you're experiencing the rest of the gameplay, combat, you're usually not sprinting.
listen... it is harder for BOTH PEOPLE TO KILL. just leave it at that, if you don't like sprinting/everything else, then go to another game. I've been playing halo since halo 1 came out and played on XBC, if you know what that is. games evolve, let them. if you don't like it, don't play them anymore. i'm not trying to start a percentage battle of combat and outside combat experiences to the square root to the 4th power... just leave it alone.
Yeah, you say it's more difficult for both players which would slow down the pace of the game, but sprint speeds it up, a mechanic used most outside of combat.

Yeah, I'm very well aware of what XBC is / was, and I don't care if you had played the earliest build of Halo, the RTS version.

You're saying I'm not letting games evolve? Perhaps I just dislike this "evolutionary" path Halo has taken and want it to take another "evolutionary path".

So you avoid the argument?
If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
that pretty much sums it up right there. I don't like a particular type of food, so I just don't eat it. If you don't like where the game is headed then stop playing it.
Celestis wrote:
Awsomonium wrote:
It just feels more like a Spartan to me. As someone who's really into the lore, I just like it better that way.
I hope you're not suggesting that there is a causal relation between these two things. I'm heavily into Halo's lore, I have all the novels, all the comics, all the movies, etc. In fact I was "the lore guy" for a 5000+ user Halo forum in germany for about 10 years or so, answering user questions and keeping the timeline up to date. Ever since sprint was introduced into the games, I feel less like a Spartan than ever before, seeing as they are well-documented to be able to shoot while running in pretty much any story across any medium the franchise has ever expanded into. The original trilogy follows this premise. The Reclaimer saga doesn't...
Nope, all I meant is that there are parts of the books talking about how Spartan run really fast, especially Kelly, being the fastest Spartan 2. I get that in the previous games without sprint they're still running fast, but sprint itself just feels like i'm moving faster.

I didn't mean to imply anything about shooting while going fast (as I didn't mention shooting at all), I just meant Sprint make it feel like I'm moving faster then usual, relatively speaking.
I find that it adds a certain speed that was needed. It is a nice change. And as a veteran (14 years now) of the halo series, I can say that I do enjoy halo 5''s game play. It is the best it has been for a while, in my opinion. Although I do think that every halo game is good.
If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
that pretty much sums it up right there. I don't like a particular type of food, so I just don't eat it. If you don't like where the game is headed then stop playing it.
Perhaps there are players who like some parts of the game, yet dislike other parts.

Not sprinting does not solve their problem because what they see as issues does not go away because others still sprint.

People provide feedback in an effort to try and get the game in a different path.
Well clearly I see that the vast majority actually likes sprint or wouldn't care if sprint is removed or not, and when this topic was huge 343i asked the public through the Halo survey, which I am still a part of, and statistics wise there is just a very small minority of people who do not like sprint and you are one of them OP. And as Halo 5 has been played for about a year now, people have gotten even more accustomed to the idea of sprint being in Halo. So sorry that you and a few or many of your friends dislike sprint, but the reality of it is that you anti-sprint haters are still just the minority.

The option is out there to run customs without sprint, yet people don't do it, even though they could and the game still works as old style Halo. Yet HCS does not run these schemes and some pros might not enjoy sprint but they learn and deal with it anyways because it is the game that the biggest majority of people want to watch and play. Sprint very much has amped up the competitive gameplay of Halo a lot, at least with it being involved, but is everything revolved around sprint? Not even close, in fact in a good competitive match, you wont see much sprinting unless people are getting into position quickly while being aware of what is going on. I am a competitive gamer, and a competitive Halo player since Halo 2, so yeah I have grown up without sprint, and to be honest I thought Halo 3 was the best game ever made. But now with Halo 5 and sprint, although that is not really what makes me think this, but I do believe that Halo 5 is now the best game ever made, and the most fun for me to play.

Think what you want and ask for what you will, But to put it out there, this is a dead topic, and sprint is not going anywhere.
Uhhhh
you do realise the amount of people who did that survey was a negligible.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 374
  4. 375
  5. 376
  6. 377
  7. 378
  8. ...
  9. 839