Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 386
  4. 387
  5. 388
  6. 389
  7. 390
  8. ...
  9. 829
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
say it will make halo halo again is wrong as halo was ment to have sprint since halo 2 (halo 2 sprint )
False. They tested it and it ruined the pacing so they decided against adding it. If anything, that only supports the no sprint argument.
wrong it means bugie always want sprint in halo and they tried there best with in halo reach and 343 have greatly improved it
No information of it ever being tested for Halo 3 or even ODST, unlike Halo 2's tests.
ZERESEC wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Faranoid wrote:
Just remove the Spartan Charge 😡
Why though. And why not sprint, as well.
Sprint. Spartan Charge and Thrusting need to all be removed
oh yes...but they wont..343 is to stubborn...oh did i say stubborn? i meant stup....actually nvm...dont wanna get banned now
hehehe
Spartan charge I agree with the reast no having the Spartan ability's make you feel like a Spartan, not having sprint makes the game feel slow and boring like tennis and how will halo grow when it is like tennis and 343 listen just look at the new reqs in the next update
SENTENCE STRUCTURE! crying out loud... you felt like a spartan in every previous game, you know why? because that's how Spartans were shown! no spartan abilities! doesn't matter if they're there or not, you will be a spartan. I don't remember a point in time where anyone specifically asked for sprint either, nobody ever complained in the older games when we didn't have it, because the gameplay was unique, it was fun. Halo grows by adding more content to its already great gameplay formula, not removing features and changing the formula completely. Also, 343 listen? funny, game's been out for 10 months, we are only now getting content browser, theater mode is still broken, we're still missing over 15 game modes from previous titles, REQ system is still unresponsive and garbage, we still don't have an in-game option to sell REQs in bundles etc etc.
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
sprint and all the new maneuvers have given halo a completely new feel which makes it much harder in some cases to kill. I prefer it this way now (at the beginning I thought it was a horrible idea) but we should keep all of this.
Making it harder to achieve kills doesn't speed up the gameplay.
.
Excuse me?

You say it increases the likelyhood of surviving and encounter, it's harder to fight due to the sheer number of different mechanics presented.
Yet sprint, a boost in forward momentum, increases the speed of the gameplay? A feature not used in combat, outside of Spartan Charge.

I'd say only a small amount of gameplay happens outside combat, and a large part of that small amount is sprinting. When you're experiencing the rest of the gameplay, combat, you're usually not sprinting.
listen... it is harder for BOTH PEOPLE TO KILL. just leave it at that, if you don't like sprinting/everything else, then go to another game. I've been playing halo since halo 1 came out and played on XBC, if you know what that is. games evolve, let them. if you don't like it, don't play them anymore. i'm not trying to start a percentage battle of combat and outside combat experiences to the square root to the 4th power... just leave it alone.
Yeah, you say it's more difficult for both players which would slow down the pace of the game, but sprint speeds it up, a mechanic used most outside of combat.

Yeah, I'm very well aware of what XBC is / was, and I don't care if you had played the earliest build of Halo, the RTS version.

You're saying I'm not letting games evolve? Perhaps I just dislike this "evolutionary" path Halo has taken and want it to take another "evolutionary path".

So you avoid the argument?
Then stop playing halo if you don't like it. argument over...
lol, for real?
Yes. for real.
Mmmm quien va a leer todo eso?
no one is going to read it all. Its crazy.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
say it will make halo halo again is wrong as halo was ment to have sprint since halo 2 (halo 2 sprint )
False. They tested it and it ruined the pacing so they decided against adding it. If anything, that only supports the no sprint argument.
wrong it means bugie always want sprint in halo and they tried there best with in halo reach and 343 have greatly improved it
No, that's still false. Thanks for helping the anti-sprint argument though.
how is it false you got no points
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
say it will make halo halo again is wrong as halo was ment to have sprint since halo 2 (halo 2 sprint )
False. They tested it and it ruined the pacing so they decided against adding it. If anything, that only supports the no sprint argument.
wrong it means bugie always want sprint in halo and they tried there best with in halo reach and 343 have greatly improved it
No, that's still false. Thanks for helping the anti-sprint argument though.
how is it false you got no points
Cut for pacing issues
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
say it will make halo halo again is wrong as halo was ment to have sprint since halo 2 (halo 2 sprint )
False. They tested it and it ruined the pacing so they decided against adding it. If anything, that only supports the no sprint argument.
wrong it means bugie always want sprint in halo and they tried there best with in halo reach and 343 have greatly improved it
No, it does not, it was cut for gameplay resins, it was there and could have easily been finished in h2 and they chose not to. When halo 3 came with new hardware they didn't even try to add it because they new it badly impacted gameplay
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
sprint and all the new maneuvers have given halo a completely new feel which makes it much harder in some cases to kill. I prefer it this way now (at the beginning I thought it was a horrible idea) but we should keep all of this.
Making it harder to achieve kills doesn't speed up the gameplay.
.
Excuse me?

You say it increases the likelyhood of surviving and encounter, it's harder to fight due to the sheer number of different mechanics presented.
Yet sprint, a boost in forward momentum, increases the speed of the gameplay? A feature not used in combat, outside of Spartan Charge.

I'd say only a small amount of gameplay happens outside combat, and a large part of that small amount is sprinting. When you're experiencing the rest of the gameplay, combat, you're usually not sprinting.
listen... it is harder for BOTH PEOPLE TO KILL. just leave it at that, if you don't like sprinting/everything else, then go to another game. I've been playing halo since halo 1 came out and played on XBC, if you know what that is. games evolve, let them. if you don't like it, don't play them anymore. i'm not trying to start a percentage battle of combat and outside combat experiences to the square root to the 4th power... just leave it alone.
Yeah, you say it's more difficult for both players which would slow down the pace of the game, but sprint speeds it up, a mechanic used most outside of combat.

Yeah, I'm very well aware of what XBC is / was, and I don't care if you had played the earliest build of Halo, the RTS version.

You're saying I'm not letting games evolve? Perhaps I just dislike this "evolutionary" path Halo has taken and want it to take another "evolutionary path".

So you avoid the argument?
Then stop playing halo if you don't like it. argument over...
lol, for real?
Yes. for real.
"It becomes harder to kill enemies while it also speeds up gameplay"
*Statement is challenged*

"Don't play it if you don't like it"

Somehow a person stopping to play something containing aspects he / she dislikes wins the argument that sprint makes it harder to kill other players while also simultaneously speed up the gameplay. Without ever having to resort to even bothering to address the counter-argument, question or anything that addresses the original claim.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
say it will make halo halo again is wrong as halo was ment to have sprint since halo 2 (halo 2 sprint )
False. They tested it and it ruined the pacing so they decided against adding it. If anything, that only supports the no sprint argument.
wrong it means bugie always want sprint in halo and they tried there best with in halo reach and 343 have greatly improved it
No, that's still false. Thanks for helping the anti-sprint argument though.
how is it false you got no points
I did. Everything I said was true. Confirmed in the video that you linked to. Pretty oblivious aren't you?
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
sprint and all the new maneuvers have given halo a completely new feel which makes it much harder in some cases to kill. I prefer it this way now (at the beginning I thought it was a horrible idea) but we should keep all of this.
Making it harder to achieve kills doesn't speed up the gameplay.
.
Excuse me?

You say it increases the likelyhood of surviving and encounter, it's harder to fight due to the sheer number of different mechanics presented.
Yet sprint, a boost in forward momentum, increases the speed of the gameplay? A feature not used in combat, outside of Spartan Charge.

I'd say only a small amount of gameplay happens outside combat, and a large part of that small amount is sprinting. When you're experiencing the rest of the gameplay, combat, you're usually not sprinting.
listen... it is harder for BOTH PEOPLE TO KILL. just leave it at that, if you don't like sprinting/everything else, then go to another game. I've been playing halo since halo 1 came out and played on XBC, if you know what that is. games evolve, let them. if you don't like it, don't play them anymore. i'm not trying to start a percentage battle of combat and outside combat experiences to the square root to the 4th power... just leave it alone.
Yeah, you say it's more difficult for both players which would slow down the pace of the game, but sprint speeds it up, a mechanic used most outside of combat.

Yeah, I'm very well aware of what XBC is / was, and I don't care if you had played the earliest build of Halo, the RTS version.

You're saying I'm not letting games evolve? Perhaps I just dislike this "evolutionary" path Halo has taken and want it to take another "evolutionary path".

So you avoid the argument?
Then stop playing halo if you don't like it. argument over...
lol, for real?
Yes. for real.
"It becomes harder to kill enemies while it also speeds up gameplay"
*Statement is challenged*

"Don't play it if you don't like it"

Somehow a person stopping to play something containing aspects he / she dislikes wins the argument that sprint makes it harder to kill other players while also simultaneously speed up the gameplay. Without ever having to resort to even bothering to address the counter-argument, question or anything that addresses the original claim.
Ok. you're in a magnum battle, a person can sprint away, or boost away from the battle... is it harder to kill that person.
if you sprint to go kill someone who's lets say, weak and hiding in a corner. that makes it quicker to get to them does it not? rather than just running to them. get it?
Having sprint in a Halo game doesn't ruin Halo. Just because a mechanic got added into the game doesn't mean it changes what is Halo. Really, sprint is a nice feature to have. Yeah, I don't use it constantly, but I use it when I feel the need for it. Really, you should be thinking about how 343 is trying to add newer things to Halo to make a great game even better. Yes, sometimes they're not exactly on point with some features, but that's why our feedback is important. If you seriously feel like a small mechanic like sprint breaks a games, what about something like assassinations? Or some of the other mechanics that was introduced in Halo: Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5?
Wait! What side do you support? Because you aren't really trying to argue that sprint has any positive affects on the gameplay, you just say that sprint doesn't make halo not halo(which is a fair opinion). Yeah it is nice to sprint away from battles, break map flow and double melee/charge but those are unfair deaths to the enemy. Not everything you add to the game makes it better. It might make it worse...
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
sprint and all the new maneuvers have given halo a completely new feel which makes it much harder in some cases to kill. I prefer it this way now (at the beginning I thought it was a horrible idea) but we should keep all of this.
Making it harder to achieve kills doesn't speed up the gameplay.
.
Excuse me?

You say it increases the likelyhood of surviving and encounter, it's harder to fight due to the sheer number of different mechanics presented.
Yet sprint, a boost in forward momentum, increases the speed of the gameplay? A feature not used in combat, outside of Spartan Charge.

I'd say only a small amount of gameplay happens outside combat, and a large part of that small amount is sprinting. When you're experiencing the rest of the gameplay, combat, you're usually not sprinting.
listen... it is harder for BOTH PEOPLE TO KILL. just leave it at that, if you don't like sprinting/everything else, then go to another game. I've been playing halo since halo 1 came out and played on XBC, if you know what that is. games evolve, let them. if you don't like it, don't play them anymore. i'm not trying to start a percentage battle of combat and outside combat experiences to the square root to the 4th power... just leave it alone.
Yeah, you say it's more difficult for both players which would slow down the pace of the game, but sprint speeds it up, a mechanic used most outside of combat.

Yeah, I'm very well aware of what XBC is / was, and I don't care if you had played the earliest build of Halo, the RTS version.

You're saying I'm not letting games evolve? Perhaps I just dislike this "evolutionary" path Halo has taken and want it to take another "evolutionary path".

So you avoid the argument?
Then stop playing halo if you don't like it. argument over...
lol, for real?
Ok. you're in a magnum battle, a person can sprint away, or boost away from the battle... is it harder to kill that person.
if you sprint to go kill someone who's lets say, weak and hiding in a corner. that makes it quicker to get to them does it not? rather than just running to them. get it?
First of all, those take each other out.
You weaken someone and it gets harder to kill them due to mechanics.
The you sprint after them to finish them off.

Second, sprinting after someone ensures that you can't kill them unless you stop sprinting.
Compared to previously without sprint, this slows down the pacing because you can't efficiently follow and deal damage.

Telling me, or anyone else, to not play the game because we dislike some stuff in it, is completely irrelevant to your claim.
chasing is not a good way to play, plus then you'll stay weak. unless they're bad, then sure. chasing is usually a way to tell yourself that you don't know how to play the game that well. you obviously don't like the direction the games are going, so if its a problem, stop complaining, some people like it. thanks.
chasing is not a good way to play, plus then you'll stay weak. unless they're bad, then sure. chasing is usually a way to tell yourself that you don't know how to play the game that well. you obviously don't like the direction the games are going, so if its a problem, stop complaining, some people like it. thanks.
"If it's a problem, stop complaining."

No that's ok, we want problems fixed.
chasing is not a good way to play, plus then you'll stay weak. unless they're bad, then sure. chasing is usually a way to tell yourself that you don't know how to play the game that well. you obviously don't like the direction the games are going, so if its a problem, stop complaining, some people like it. thanks.
Chasing, hunting and seeking out a player you know is weakened is more or less the same thing, regardless if you were the one fighting that player or not.
You'll just be at an advantage if you don't happen to come in from the same location the weakened player left.

Why should anyone stop complaining because there are those who like it?
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
say it will make halo halo again is wrong as halo was ment to have sprint since halo 2 (halo 2 sprint )
False. They tested it and it ruined the pacing so they decided against adding it. If anything, that only supports the no sprint argument.
wrong it means bugie always want sprint in halo and they tried there best with in halo reach and 343 have greatly improved it
No, it does not, it was cut for gameplay resins, it was there and could have easily been finished in h2 and they chose not to. When halo 3 came with new hardware they didn't even try to add it because they new it badly impacted gameplay
they didn't have enoghouth time to finish it like many thing with halo 2 and proper deployment on the 360 could not have stated still 2005 and they were not family with time stp them aging that is why it was not implemented till reach and what is so bad about sprint any way
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
say it will make halo halo again is wrong as halo was ment to have sprint since halo 2 (halo 2 sprint )
False. They tested it and it ruined the pacing so they decided against adding it. If anything, that only supports the no sprint argument.
wrong it means bugie always want sprint in halo and they tried there best with in halo reach and 343 have greatly improved it
No, that's still false. Thanks for helping the anti-sprint argument though.
how is it false you got no points
I did. Everything I said was true. Confirmed in the video that you linked to. Pretty oblivious aren't you?
my points say that halo was suppose have sprint but it could not and that bunge supports sprint and what points did you say all you said was it was false and backs up the no sprint which the video dose not go on about
Having sprint in a Halo game doesn't ruin Halo. Just because a mechanic got added into the game doesn't mean it changes what is Halo. Really, sprint is a nice feature to have. Yeah, I don't use it constantly, but I use it when I feel the need for it. Really, you should be thinking about how 343 is trying to add newer things to Halo to make a great game even better. Yes, sometimes they're not exactly on point with some features, but that's why our feedback is important. If you seriously feel like a small mechanic like sprint breaks a games, what about something like assassinations? Or some of the other mechanics that was introduced in Halo: Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5?
Wait! What side do you support? Because you aren't really trying to argue that sprint has any positive affects on the gameplay, you just say that sprint doesn't make halo not halo(which is a fair opinion). Yeah it is nice to sprint away from battles, break map flow and double melee/charge but those are unfair deaths to the enemy. Not everything you add to the game makes it better. It might make it worse...
I wasn't giving positive aspects of sprint because there really isn't big positive aspects to it nor is there big negative ones to it. sprint is sprint. You run faster and have more of a chance of getting away from a player trying to kill you, but at the same time have more of a chance of getting caught and killed. My point though wasn't things like that. My point was that saying something as trivial as sprint breaking what makes a game franchise makes no sense. Halo is always going to be Halo when it comes to small mechanics like sprint being added into a game. Now with that said, I don't have a problem with sprint. I use it when I feel I need to. If 343 decides to take it out, it won't bother me. If they decide to keep it, it won't bother me.
they didn't have enoghouth time to finish it like many thing with halo 2 and proper deployment on the 360 could not have stated still 2005 and they were not family with time stp them aging that is why it was not implemented till reach
Weird, since they impelemented pretty much everything else that was cut from previous Halo games. Mongoose. Flamethrower. Warthog variants such as the Troop Transport. The Drinol/Sarquoi was remodeled into the Flood Tank. Engineers appeared in ODST. Yet still, no sprint to be seen, until Reach, which was essentially a test run for Destiny.

and what is so bad about sprint any way
Click me. (There was another, more exhaustive list somewhere else in this thread, but I couldn't find it.But this will do.)
If you play the old Halos 1-3 and Halo 5 side by side, you'll notice two very distinctive differences.

One is map flow: you can go from anywhere to anywhere on Halo 5 compared to how there was a route you had to take or learn a skill jump to get to places.

Second one is pacing: it feels completely off when playing, well actually any game mode now. You can't predict whatsoever your teammates movement, let alone an enemy that is running/walking/clambering around the map. Now it just revolves around this chaotic game style with horrible mechanics added.

When I see CoD gameplay footage, every confrontation ends in someone dying. The extremely low TTK and sprint with fast gun centering work perfectly together. On the other hand Halo 5 has higher TTK which results in a lot more escapes and close calls, and that is completely fine, Halo has always this style of gameplay. What bugs me to no end is that if I now choose to chase someone, I have to do it completely unarmed. And more often than not, I'll just run into some other guy that can easily kill me because of my half shield that I chose not to recharge. What used to be so exiting about Halo was that you could always attack and defend while moving as the same speed as your enemy. There was no choosing between a good place to run or not. It was always about the player's skill.

Again, Halo 5 is not a bad game, but it should have been a spinoff, just like reach and odst. In a spinoff they can try any game mechanic they like because nothing specific is expected from them. What we like is a Halo that actually plays and feels like the old games did, because people expect the main games to at least play the same to some degree.

Inb4 Stop playing then, Mcc exists go play it, don't use sprint if you don't like it, sprint is here 2 stay, but it says Halo in the title!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 386
  4. 387
  5. 388
  6. 389
  7. 390
  8. ...
  9. 829