Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 394
  4. 395
  5. 396
  6. 397
  7. 398
  8. ...
  9. 838
ZuuluuZ wrote:
Halo 5 plays nothing like any call of duty game ever created.
This is argument is very detrimental to any kind of debate these threads can possibly bring up. It makes those opposed to certain mechanics appear uninformed and inexperienced in halo 5 gameplay.
I play halo 5 nightly. I played black ops 3 for a day. Didn't like it. And the games are very different. If cod played like halo 5 I would be playing a lot more cod.
Did you ever stop to think that maybe because you only played Blops 3 for a day that your opinion on how similarly, or dissimilarity it plays compared to H5 is uninformed and useless?

I've played a lot of H5, and COD AW, and Blops 3. The three games play too close together imo. They share a lot and I would say H5 is just as close to AW as Blops 3 is or vice versa. All three essentially form a triangle of similarity.
Nope. Didn't come to that conclusion at all.

Still don't.

Halo 5 is not cod. It may have changed from halo 1-3 but it's closer to those games than any other FPS out right now, if cod played anything like halo 5 you would never hear a peep from me. I would be playing cod. I don't need to play the game for a month to know what's up.

And please, no more triangles.
H5 has
sprint
slide
clamber
Spartan charge
ground pound
ADS

BLOPS3/AW has
Sprint
slide
clamber
Super punch
ground pound
ADS

Unsure how the games can play "differently" when the core game mechanics are the same

Halo was been injected with mechanics that work in other games like battlefield and COD in an attempt to steal those players from those franchises, this absolutely can not be disputed
So it would only lend to reason that the introduction of said forigen mechanics into halo has fundamentally changed the way halo is played making it more of what has been added in and less of what it was originally

and please spare me the equal starts and map control BS because those are game elements that can be changed at any time and not core game mechanics that shape the way the game is played and can not be changed without further disrupting the sandbox


As as for the population. All we have are guesses. I do know halo 5 seems to hover around the same numbers as battlefield 4. So how many millions of copies did battlefield 4 sell? I really don't even know where to find these numbers. I do know that both games have sold millions of copies and now sit at less than 100000 on at a time. Most games do these days.

educated guesses....its more like 20,000...sales dont reflect population...halo 4 is a good example...and even if halo 5 has higher numbers then that the fact that skill based matchmaking exists even in social playlists alot of that population is cut off...for example there are playlists in halo 5 where i literally cant find a game between 1am and 8am...unacceptable for a huge triple A title like halo
As far as the changes go. I do like some.
Sprint i I honestly don't cares about. I posted earlier if we moved like the zombies in infection that would work for me just fine. IMO everything that sprint adds to the game is made redundant by the thruster.
I like clamber stabilize and I love the thruster. At the end of the day the only new mechanic I will fight to keep is thruster. I think it adds so much to the game in such a little mechanic.
I think what most people who say the want to keep sprint really want is to keeps the faster movement. That is easily done without sprint as the zombies have already shown. I don't want the base movement speed at halo 1-3 again, but I don't need sprint either.
Just dont sprint is a silly statement. I despise the spartan charge and have been told the same thing. But forgoing a major game mechanic becuase you think it's bad for the game puts you at a big disadvantage.
Warfuntime wrote:
ZuuluuZ wrote:
Halo 5 plays nothing like any call of duty game ever created.
This is argument is very detrimental to any kind of debate these threads can possibly bring up. It makes those opposed to certain mechanics appear uninformed and inexperienced in halo 5 gameplay.
I play halo 5 nightly. I played black ops 3 for a day. Didn't like it. And the games are very different. If cod played like halo 5 I would be playing a lot more cod.
Did you ever stop to think that maybe because you only played Blops 3 for a day that your opinion on how similarly, or dissimilarity it plays compared to H5 is uninformed and useless?

I've played a lot of H5, and COD AW, and Blops 3. The three games play too close together imo. They share a lot and I would say H5 is just as close to AW as Blops 3 is or vice versa. All three essentially form a triangle of similarity.
Nope. Didn't come to that conclusion at all.

Still don't.

Halo 5 is not cod. It may have changed from halo 1-3 but it's closer to those games than any other FPS out right now, if cod played anything like halo 5 you would never hear a peep from me. I would be playing cod. I don't need to play the game for a month to know what's up.

And please, no more triangles.
H5 has
sprint
slide
clamber
Spartan charge
ground pound
ADS

BLOPS3/AW has
Sprint
slide
clamber
Super punch
ground pound
ADS

Unsure how the games can play "differently" when the core game mechanics are the same

Halo was been injected with mechanics that work in other games like battlefield and COD in an attempt to steal those players from those franchises, this absolutely can not be disputed
So it would only lend to reason that the introduction of said forigen mechanics into halo has fundamentally changed the way halo is played making it more of what has been added in and less of what it was originally

and please spare me the equal starts and map control BS because those are game elements that can be changed at any time and not core game mechanics that shape the way the game is played and can not be changed without further disrupting the sandbox


As as for the population. All we have are guesses. I do know halo 5 seems to hover around the same numbers as battlefield 4. So how many millions of copies did battlefield 4 sell? I really don't even know where to find these numbers. I do know that both games have sold millions of copies and now sit at less than 100000 on at a time. Most games do these days.

educated guesses....its more like 20,000...sales dont reflect population...halo 4 is a good example...and even if halo 5 has higher numbers then that the fact that skill based matchmaking exists even in social playlists alot of that population is cut off...for example there are playlists in halo 5 where i literally cant find a game between 1am and 8am...unacceptable for a huge triple A title like halo
Yeah battlefield 4 hovers around 20,000-30,000 people. So Halo 5s population is probably around that mark.

And I too have trouble finding games late night/ early morning for arena.
Warzone I never have issues, I would guess bc that's where the majority of the population is.

I really wonder what the population would look like if a classic Halo game would release, but I doubt we will ever get to find out.

343 just loves Halo of Duty too much to abandon it.
As far as the changes go. I do like some.
Sprint i I honestly don't cares about. I posted earlier if we moved like the zombies in infection that would work for me just fine. IMO everything that sprint adds to the game is made redundant by the thruster.
I like clamber stabilize and I love the thruster. At the end of the day the only new mechanic I will fight to keep is thruster. I think it adds so much to the game in such a little mechanic.
I think what most people who say the want to keep sprint really want is to keeps the faster movement. That is easily done without sprint as the zombies have already shown. I don't want the base movement speed at halo 1-3 again, but I don't need sprint either.
Just dont sprint is a silly statement. I despise the spartan charge and have been told the same thing. But forgoing a major game mechanic becuase you think it's bad for the game puts you at a big disadvantage.
This exactly ^^^

Boosting base movement speed fulfills the "faster movement criteria".
Thruster adds a huge tactical mechanic and certainly makes the game feel more mobile. (As well as adding a new skill to master).
Clamber and Stabilise are fine, they're not overpowered particularly and are on the scale of "evolutions" that people want.
I particularly like the comparison to the Infection speed as it gives people a reference point for what the game could be...

It really is a silly argument. Just think how long you'd have to be walking in order to cross an open area of a map.... given the relatively short TTK's for a Halo game, it puts you at a huge disadvantage.
I know we have all gotten used to sprint in Halo now, but can someone actually tell me what exactly sprint brings to the game?

Would Halo CE, 2 3 and ODST would have been better if they had sprint? Clearly not - on the multiplayer side it would have been hideous having sprint on those maps. So why the change? Why do we need it now?

Do we just wheel out the tiresome "modern shooter" argument and that's that? Let's not forget halo was at it's most popular when it never had sprint.

I actually really like Halo 5. I think it's the best since Halo 3. But I still think it would be more enjoyable with no sprint. Maps would be smaller, base movement would be faster.
As far as the changes go. I do like some.
Sprint i I honestly don't cares about. I posted earlier if we moved like the zombies in infection that would work for me just fine. IMO everything that sprint adds to the game is made redundant by the thruster.
I like clamber stabilize and I love the thruster. At the end of the day the only new mechanic I will fight to keep is thruster. I think it adds so much to the game in such a little mechanic.
I think what most people who say the want to keep sprint really want is to keeps the faster movement. That is easily done without sprint as the zombies have already shown. I don't want the base movement speed at halo 1-3 again, but I don't need sprint either.
Just dont sprint is a silly statement. I despise the spartan charge and have been told the same thing. But forgoing a major game mechanic becuase you think it's bad for the game puts you at a big disadvantage.
Well I agree, I do like thrust as a mechanic by itself. If Sprint wasn't in the game, and if you kept your gun up when thrusting, it would be used offensively more.
I don't like clamber, pretty much removed skill jumps.
Slide I'm whatever on.
Spartan charge is bs, but Spartan charge was 343s answer to the double melee out of sprint. But if sprint wasn't in the game, there would be no issues with double melees.
Dont really mind ground pound either.

There are some good ideas 343 came up with, but the vast majority of Halo 5s movement system is crap.
ZuuluuZ wrote:
pajama dad wrote:
ZuuluuZ wrote:
pajama dad wrote:
ZuuluuZ wrote:
Sprint affects SOOOO much more than movement speed.

- Quicker movement speed means maps have to be stretched out in order to compensate on the TTK's.....This results in poor map quality in my opinion.
- This results in fairly bland map design and maps in general being much larger. I've yet to see maps that compare to Construct, The Pit and Guardian.
- If you test it out, WALKING the length of a relatively small "pre-sprint" map equates to the same time to SPRINT the length of its equivalent. You do not cross a map any quicker than the Halo's without sprint.
- Sprint means that TTK's have had to be reduced slightly in order to kill players crossing open areas (in addition to slightly increased AA).
- It actually slows down gameplay as you're not sprinting all of the time....it can become a game of "who sees who first" depending if someone is sprinting blind.

If someone has specific details such as the above, arguing for how sprint BENEFITS gameplay, please feel free to get into a civilised discussion.
EMMURSION
Thats a big one... But larger maps are also a benefit. You can have larger, grander maps that can handle more players without having to resort to gimmicky teleporters or vehicles, or the awkward man cannons- these don't fit into every setting or always make sense.

Bland design isnt sprint's fault, its 343.
No, it is sprints fault.

I've played sprintless customs on BTB maps in this game and it is wonderful.
Your anecdotal experience doesnt change the facts.
Your anecdotal, personal experiences are no more facts than mine are.
I wasn't sharing anecdotes, rather, I was stating one possible result of having sprint in a game that many would consider a benefit.
I like clamber stabilize and I love the thruster. At the end of the day the only new mechanic I will fight to keep is thruster. I think it adds so much to the game in such a little mechanic.
:)
MLG: Halo3 added in crates where they saw fit to speed up map movement, and they also increased base speed by 10% because it felt so slow without using button combos to make up the time while running.
Clamber, stabilize and thruster remove the need to place crates where learning how use those abilities is needed. Spartan Abilities as a whole keep Actions per Minute as high as CE-H2 with button combos, and allow for similar but different bursts of Actions per Second.

... CE-H2, high ApS during firefights. H5, high ApS between firefights. CE, H2 and H5 meta-game, high ApM over all other Halos.

The only reason strafing is as effective in H2 as it was, is due to netcode checks. CE and H3 allow for wiggle-strafing in firefights because of non-hitscan weapons. We use jump+thruster in random vectors for, often better, results, in fire avoidance.

Now to add why keeping sprint is still nice.;
As is, sprint is currently the method by which Shoulder Bashing and Sliding are restricted from being spammed. Thrustering or sliding while sprinting is the quickest way to fire from a sprint, and takes less time to do so than if one were swapping between weapons.

Thrustering and slide are BEAUTIFUL for shooting in one direction while moving in another. It is sweet to combine with thruster for strafing-portal shots, ie, quicker lateral movement while shooting through a door/portal in passing.
Shoulder dash... It's a small utility option for sprinting BUT huge for allowing a thruster charge to remain for gunfights immediately post bash.
AND when we take into account the meta-game, ie, a similar mentality that allows for button combo use in CE-H2, using thruster off a sprint on an object that allows me to scale walls or jump large distances I normally can't, I would not want ANY of that removed...

But I will fight for Thruster, if only 1 may remain.
pajama dad wrote:
pajama dad wrote:
ZuuluuZ wrote:
Sprint affects SOOOO much more than movement speed.

- Quicker movement speed means maps have to be stretched out in order to compensate on the TTK's.....This results in poor map quality in my opinion.
- This results in fairly bland map design and maps in general being much larger. I've yet to see maps that compare to Construct, The Pit and Guardian.
- If you test it out, WALKING the length of a relatively small "pre-sprint" map equates to the same time to SPRINT the length of its equivalent. You do not cross a map any quicker than the Halo's without sprint.
- Sprint means that TTK's have had to be reduced slightly in order to kill players crossing open areas (in addition to slightly increased AA).
- It actually slows down gameplay as you're not sprinting all of the time....it can become a game of "who sees who first" depending if someone is sprinting blind.

If someone has specific details such as the above, arguing for how sprint BENEFITS gameplay, please feel free to get into a civilised discussion.
EMMURSION
Thats a big one... But larger maps are also a benefit. You can have larger, grander maps that can handle more players without having to resort to gimmicky teleporters or vehicles, or the awkward man cannons- these don't fit into every setting or always make sense.

Bland design isnt sprint's fault, its 343.
Man-cannons were done really well on Narrows. They also allowed for really unique movements, if you used them right. Beaver Creek was easily one of the best objective maps in a Halo game, and it had teleporters--that added depth to the gameplay.

Sprint is an unnecessary mechanic.
i dont mean that these things cant exist, but that they dont always make sense. Narrows is a fine map, so was beaver creek. But there are a number of maps where these two things would be out of place.

As an aside, the teleporters on beaver creek were not about crossing large spaces, they were about tactics and multiple pathways.

An example of an awkward teleporter is headlong. There is no reason for it in the original. Its out of place in the city setting. A man cannon is likewise not appropriate thematically, hence the remake using an engine of a crashed vehicle. you can only get so far with this kind of stuff before you really start limiting the kinds of large maps and spaces you can create and still feel natural.
That's fair, but do you think that sprint is the best answer? Why?

You're right about that.

That teleporter wasn't awkward during objective games, like One Bomb Assault, or Two Flag CTF. It wasn't put there for the map to feel more natural, it was there to provide tactics for objective-based gametypes. The only slayer variant that worked well with Headlong was Snipers. High Ground was another asymmetrical map that was objective-focused, but it was smaller, and much more linear. The teleporters on Wetworks were tactical and natural: they were one route, of several, that you could take the flag, and they made sense. As for the creative limit of teleporters and man-cannons, I don't feel that it has been reached, by a longshot.
Miniman CE wrote:
I know we have all gotten used to sprint in Halo now, but can someone actually tell me what exactly sprint brings to the game?

Would Halo CE, 2 3 and ODST would have been better if they had sprint? Clearly not - on the multiplayer side it would have been hideous having sprint on those maps. So why the change? Why do we need it now?

Do we just wheel out the tiresome "modern shooter" argument and that's that? Let's not forget halo was at it's most popular when it never had sprint.

I actually really like Halo 5. I think it's the best since Halo 3. But I still think it would be more enjoyable with no sprint. Maps would be smaller, base movement would be faster.
H5 would be scary good if it was built around a high BMS instead of sprint.
pajama dad wrote:
ZuuluuZ wrote:
pajama dad wrote:
ZuuluuZ wrote:
pajama dad wrote:
ZuuluuZ wrote:
Sprint affects SOOOO much more than movement speed.

- Quicker movement speed means maps have to be stretched out in order to compensate on the TTK's.....This results in poor map quality in my opinion.
- This results in fairly bland map design and maps in general being much larger. I've yet to see maps that compare to Construct, The Pit and Guardian.
- If you test it out, WALKING the length of a relatively small "pre-sprint" map equates to the same time to SPRINT the length of its equivalent. You do not cross a map any quicker than the Halo's without sprint.
- Sprint means that TTK's have had to be reduced slightly in order to kill players crossing open areas (in addition to slightly increased AA).
- It actually slows down gameplay as you're not sprinting all of the time....it can become a game of "who sees who first" depending if someone is sprinting blind.

If someone has specific details such as the above, arguing for how sprint BENEFITS gameplay, please feel free to get into a civilised discussion.
EMMURSION
Thats a big one... But larger maps are also a benefit. You can have larger, grander maps that can handle more players without having to resort to gimmicky teleporters or vehicles, or the awkward man cannons- these don't fit into every setting or always make sense.

Bland design isnt sprint's fault, its 343.
No, it is sprints fault.

I've played sprintless customs on BTB maps in this game and it is wonderful.
Your anecdotal experience doesnt change the facts.
Your anecdotal, personal experiences are no more facts than mine are.
I wasn't sharing anecdotes, rather, I was stating one possible result of having sprint in a game that many would consider a benefit.
But you're dismissing the fact that larger maps cannot work with a high BMS based on your personal experiences. Ie, never playing it.

The problem with sprint isn't about creating large maps based on raw distance. It's about creating maps that are large scale wise.

Without sprint you can have maps that are both overall large and scaled in a manner that eliminates stretching. Think of h5 btb and how ridiculous it feels to have BR starts and how stupid OP the sniper is. Have you played h2 or hce BTB? The H2 BR and HCE pistol are both more oppressive at range than the H5 BR. And yet did BTB in those games feel stagnant and broken? No. Maps were scaled properly without massive deadzones everywhere.
Halo 5 is not cod. It may have changed from halo 1-3 but it's closer to those games than any other FPS out right now
Halo CE___________________________________________________H5G__Titanfall_BF__CoD

Yeah, it might be closer to classic Halo than other franchises curently out there, but only by a slight margin. (And even that I disagree on, when looking at Doom, which technically lies halfway between CE and H5G in the spectrum above.)
I like clamber stabilize and I love the thruster. At the end of the day the only new mechanic I will fight to keep is thruster. I think it adds so much to the game in such a little mechanic.
:)
MLG: Halo3 added in crates where they saw fit to speed up map movement, and they also increased base speed by 10% because it felt so slow without using button combos to make up the time while running.
Clamber, stabilize and thruster remove the need to place crates where learning how use those abilities is needed. Spartan Abilities as a whole keep Actions per Minute as high as CE-H2 with button combos, and allow for similar but different bursts of Actions per Second.

... CE-H2, high ApS during firefights. H5, high ApS between firefights. CE, H2 and H5 meta-game, high ApM over all other Halos.

The only reason strafing is as effective in H2 as it was, is due to netcode checks. CE and H3 allow for wiggle-strafing in firefights because of non-hitscan weapons. We use jump+thruster in random vectors for, often better, results, in fire avoidance.

Now to add why keeping sprint is still nice.;
As is, sprint is currently the method by which Shoulder Bashing and Sliding are restricted from being spammed. Thrustering or sliding while sprinting is the quickest way to fire from a sprint, and takes less time to do so than if one were swapping between weapons.

Thrustering and slide are BEAUTIFUL for shooting in one direction while moving in another. It is sweet to combine with thruster for strafing-portal shots, ie, quicker lateral movement while shooting through a door/portal in passing.
Shoulder dash... It's a small utility option for sprinting BUT huge for allowing a thruster charge to remain for gunfights immediately post bash.
AND when we take into account the meta-game, ie, a similar mentality that allows for button combo use in CE-H2, using thruster off a sprint on an object that allows me to scale walls or jump large distances I normally can't, I would not want ANY of that removed...

But I will fight for Thruster, if only 1 may remain.
Would you say it right then to say that Sprint is the result of evolution throughout the games and evolution of technology?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
ZuuluuZ wrote:
pajama dad wrote:
ZuuluuZ wrote:
pajama dad wrote:
ZuuluuZ wrote:
pajama dad wrote:
ZuuluuZ wrote:
Sprint affects SOOOO much more than movement speed.
- Quicker movement speed means maps have to be stretched out in order to compensate on the TTK's.....This results in poor map quality in my opinion.
- This results in fairly bland map design and maps in general being much larger. I've yet to see maps that compare to Construct, The Pit and Guardian.
- If you test it out, WALKING the length of a relatively small "pre-sprint" map equates to the same time to SPRINT the length of its equivalent. You do not cross a map any quicker than the Halo's without sprint.
- Sprint means that TTK's have had to be reduced slightly in order to kill players crossing open areas (in addition to slightly increased AA).
- It actually slows down gameplay as you're not sprinting all of the time....it can become a game of "who sees who first" depending if someone is sprinting blind.
If someone has specific details such as the above, arguing for how sprint BENEFITS gameplay, please feel free to get into a civilised discussion.
EMMURSION
Thats a big one... But larger maps are also a benefit. You can have larger, grander maps that can handle more players without having to resort to gimmicky teleporters or vehicles, or the awkward man cannons- these don't fit into every setting or always make sense.
Bland design isnt sprint's fault, its 343.
No, it is sprints fault.
I've played sprintless customs on BTB maps in this game and it is wonderful.
Your anecdotal experience doesnt change the facts.
But you're dismissing the fact that larger maps cannot work with a high BMS based on your personal experiences. Ie, never playing it.
The problem with sprint isn't about creating large maps based on raw distance. It's about creating maps that are large scale wise.
Without sprint you can have maps that are both overall large and scaled in a manner that eliminates stretching. Think of h5 btb and how ridiculous it feels to have BR starts and how stupid OP the sniper is. Have you played h2 or hce BTB? The H2 BR and HCE pistol are both more oppressive at range than the H5 BR. And yet did BTB in those games feel stagnant and broken? No. Maps were scaled properly without massive deadzones everywhere.
This is literally wrong on many counts.
The CEM6 cuts out at 250m. Just disappeared. H2's BR hit detection over XBL was almost non-existent at similar ranges.
The CEM6 has a 45.5m unscoped red reticle range, and a 92m x2. Combined with its DpH, the DMR and LR are the comparable weapons to CE's magnum, not a BR from any other game.
And yes, without sprint, BTB was stagnant and broken on many maps.
Celestis wrote:
Halo 5 is not cod. It may have changed from halo 1-3 but it's closer to those games than any other FPS out right now
Halo CE___________________________________________________H5G__Titanfall_BF__CoD
Yeah, it might be closer to classic Halo than other franchises curently out there, but only by a slight margin. (And even that I disagree on, when looking at Doom, which technically lies halfway between CE and H5G in the spectrum above.)
Don't you mean... Reach?
Those loadouts!
I like clamber stabilize and I love the thruster. At the end of the day the only new mechanic I will fight to keep is thruster. I think it adds so much to the game in such a little mechanic.
Would you say it right then to say that Sprint is the result of evolution throughout the games and evolution of technology?
In large part. Abilities and dualing (as a whole mechanic like H2/H3), don't work in the grand scheme of balancing and they'd rather add abilities than enhance CQB through weapons only (which the sword, shotgun, SMG, SR... So many already do).
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Celestis wrote:
Halo 5 is not cod. It may have changed from halo 1-3 but it's closer to those games than any other FPS out right now
Halo CE___________________________________________________H5G__Titanfall_BF__CoD
Yeah, it might be closer to classic Halo than other franchises curently out there, but only by a slight margin. (And even that I disagree on, when looking at Doom, which technically lies halfway between CE and H5G in the spectrum above.)
Don't you mean... Reach?
Those loadouts!
I didn't put other Halo games on the list for reasons of clear visibility. But yes, Reach would be pretty much somewhere in the middle with each subsequent game shifting more and more to the right. (And no, that's not a typo - H5G is further from CE than Halo 4, with its ADS, clamber, infinisprint, etc.)
I don't know how we fix what we have but I do not believe that removing sprint is the answer, think about how many people got angry when sprint was added and how it split the player base. People like what they are familiar with and sprint has become familiar, a change that large now might destroy the community and kill the franchise. People would think that 343 is very uncertain on how to make a game and it would make Halo seem quite unstable. We need to find a medium in the middle that makes both sides happy and if we don't then the Halo community might never reach the heights it once was at. Nobody is going to change anyone else's mind so we need to find a compromise that appeases both sides, that is why I suggested a sprint set of playlists and a non sprint playlist, I do not know if this is the best compromise but it is the best one I can think of at this time. We need to stop fighting about sprint or no sprint and instead work together to come up with ideas as a community that 343 could actually implement that would make both sides happy. 343 needs our help and our ideas, not our arguments, arguments won't change what 343 does but a good idea with a lot of support behind it might. :) just think about it guys and let's make halo great for everyone
As far as the changes go. I do like some.
Sprint i I honestly don't cares about. I posted earlier if we moved like the zombies in infection that would work for me just fine. IMO everything that sprint adds to the game is made redundant by the thruster.
I like clamber stabilize and I love the thruster. At the end of the day the only new mechanic I will fight to keep is thruster. I think it adds so much to the game in such a little mechanic.
I think what most people who say the want to keep sprint really want is to keeps the faster movement. That is easily done without sprint as the zombies have already shown. I don't want the base movement speed at halo 1-3 again, but I don't need sprint either.
Just dont sprint is a silly statement. I despise the spartan charge and have been told the same thing. But forgoing a major game mechanic becuase you think it's bad for the game puts you at a big disadvantage.
Well said. I love when people say "Just don't sprint." and act like that solves the problem lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 394
  4. 395
  5. 396
  6. 397
  7. 398
  8. ...
  9. 838