9. 840
Dinho239 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
No it won't, the returning of playable elites and splitscreen will make Halo Halo again.
Explain how sprint is Halo. Or more Halo than the ability to play as an elite.
it doesn't hurt or affect anybody, sprinting is jus another feature that anyway most of the games have now a days, while playable elites affected a lot the machinima community since they maybe needed elites for their machinimas, also splitscreen is just something vital from Halo, remove sprint and anything will happen, not if the lack of content at launch in the new games, the lack of splitscreen and the many bugs and glitches that aren't fixed continues, it has no constructive sense to remove sprint, while if they add back playable elites it would be a massive new for the machinima community, remove sprint and the community would maybe split even more, who the hell cares of sprinting, go and ask many people that don't play Halo 5 anymore and they would tell you many different reasons, but any of them will be just for sprint.
Exactly, sprint is another gameplay machanic, except that's not exactly some small thing, it's one of h5s core mechanics and it changes combat and map design as a whole, if you want to argue about elites go to the elites thread.
I'm not really talking about playable elites at all, It's an example (like splitscreen too) that removing sprinting won't make Halo great again or anything with all it's other issues continuing, it won't change anything big at all, sprint is here to stay we like it or not, there are better thing to focus on now talking about modern Halo issues, like with the terrible req system and the stupid "month of mythic" I think that really affects way more Halo than sprint and needs to be removed from later games more than sprint, Halo is almost becoming a pay to win and pay to play and here's everyone just complaining of sprinting.
Sprint is a directly gameplay related thing, REQs and the MoM aren't. You thinking what you think about sprint and where focus should be does not mean I share that opinion or those thoughts as I see other priorities.

Sprint will most likely stay in Halo 5, but with Halo 6 it can be removed, just like previous mechanics have been removed that were also said to "be here to stay".

If you want to focus on REQs and MoMs, you go ahead and do that. I'll focus on where my priorities lie.
so then you prefer a pay to win Halo without sprint, you really care more about sprint than that Halo is almost becoming a pay to win???
How is REQ system related to sprint?
I'm telling that why does everyone care so much about sprinting (which really anyone that is a true fan cares, just the bungie fanboys) when there are such many other worst issues, like the damn "month of mythic" that is something we should focus that doesn't return NEVER instead of complaining for a new game mechanic feature. How many times would I have to say it untill someone at least tries to understand this or pay attention????
This thread is extramelly busy compared to others, maybe 343 will give a poo and read it. I think we all knows that this is not about sprinting its about the problems of the multiplayer, which are

bad maps
too low ttk(weak shield)
No skill Jumping and climber is just bad
bad map design
No promethean vision, this is unacceptable, how should I know where they coming from?
The fastest magnum killtime is literally the Same as the Halo 2 Killtime for its BR (1.2 seconds).

The issue is the map design being so large and streched, so you are exposed for much longer (which is caused by sprint)
Without running it would take too long to get across maps ☹️
Not if maps were built around not having sprint

You know, like in Halo 1-3?
What about the halo master chief collection? Does this not give you classic halo without sprint?
Does having sprint make it harder for you to aim accurately ?

What about the halo master chief collection? Does this not give you classic halo without sprint?
I don't just want remakes, I want entirely new Halo's built around the traditional, iconic Halo gameplay, with new maps Updated Forge mechanics, new gamemodes, new weapons and new vehicles balanced for the original Halo gameplay

I want the Halo franchise to make new games that actually follow the music, artsyle and gameplay that made Halo so popular

Not really because you can't aim while sprinting. It's just that most people would've preferred no sprint in halo 5 and most likely 6.
It's funny how people think sprint will make Halo itself again. If you really think a game mechanic is what makes a game, you're wrong. It's the story, the multiplayer as a whole, not sprint.
Dinho239 wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
No it won't, the returning of playable elites and splitscreen will make Halo Halo again.
it doesn't hurt or affect anybody, sprinting is jus another feature that anyway most of the games have now a days, while playable elites affected a lot the machinima community since they maybe needed elites for their machinimas, also splitscreen is just something vital from Halo, remove sprint and anything will happen, not if the lack of content at launch in the new games, the lack of splitscreen and the many bugs and glitches that aren't fixed continues, it has no constructive sense to remove sprint, while if they add back playable elites it would be a massive new for the machinima community, remove sprint and the community would maybe split even more, who the hell cares of sprinting, go and ask many people that don't play Halo 5 anymore and they would tell you many different reasons, but any of them will be just for sprint.
Exactly, sprint is another gameplay machanic, except that's not exactly some small thing, it's one of h5s core mechanics and it changes combat and map design as a whole, if you want to argue about elites go to the elites thread.
I'm not really talking about playable elites at all, It's an example (like splitscreen too) that removing sprinting won't make Halo great again or anything with all it's other issues continuing, it won't change anything big at all, sprint is here to stay we like it or not, there are better thing to focus on now talking about modern Halo issues, like with the terrible req system and the stupid "month of mythic" I think that really affects way more Halo than sprint and needs to be removed from later games more than sprint, Halo is almost becoming a pay to win and pay to play and here's everyone just complaining of sprinting.
Sprint is a directly gameplay related thing, REQs and the MoM aren't. You thinking what you think about sprint and where focus should be does not mean I share that opinion or those thoughts as I see other priorities.

Sprint will most likely stay in Halo 5, but with Halo 6 it can be removed, just like previous mechanics have been removed that were also said to "be here to stay".

If you want to focus on REQs and MoMs, you go ahead and do that. I'll focus on where my priorities lie.
so then you prefer a pay to win Halo without sprint, you really care more about sprint than that Halo is almost becoming a pay to win???
Warzone isn't really representive of Halo anyway. Warzone is Halo 4 on crack, and I couldn't care less what happens to that cesspool of casual pandering, bad map design and poor balancing joke of a "bigger BTB", you know what would have made a better bigger BTB? Actually making a real massive Halo BTB invasion and dominion gamemmode that is about grabbing weapons and vehicles as they respawn, not a thinly veiled re-do of the ordinance system.

So as far as I'm concerned, bringing Halo back to the game design that gave it the ability to have such great map diversity and design, ie remove sprint (and the abilities tied to it) and thruster, is more important than the most braindead and pandering new "Halo" gamemode ever created
if you didn't knew the req system affects also Arena, not just WZ, since the armors, skins, visors, assasinations and emblems are as random as every other req, and they're a huge part in customization, so anyway it would still affect more the players than sprint does, more than affect, it will now totally break Halo's core, and considering WZ is a part of Halo now it would still turn it into a pay to win, so then you still prefer a pay to win Halo??? that's insane, anyone who's a true Halo fan will prefer a pay to win Halo (which if everyone complain it was copying CoD then that would make it just a clone of it) than a sprint Halo.
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:

Warzone isn't really representive of Halo anyway. Warzone is Halo 4 on crack, and I couldn't care less what happens to that cesspool of casual pandering, bad map design and poor balancing joke of a "bigger BTB", you know what would have made a better bigger BTB? Actually making a real massive Halo BTB invasion and dominion gamemmode that is about grabbing weapons and vehicles as they respawn, not a thinly veiled re-do of the ordinance system.

So as far as I'm concerned, bringing Halo back to the game design that gave it the ability to have such great map diversity and design, ie remove sprint (and the abilities tied to it) and thruster, is more important than the most braindead and pandering new "Halo" gamemode ever created
if you didn't knew the req system affects also Arena, not just WZ, since the armors, skins, visors, assasinations and emblems are as random as every other req, and they're a huge part in customization, so anyway it would still affect more the players than sprint does, more than affect, it will now totally break Halo's core, and considering WZ is a part of Halo now it would still turn it into a pay to win, so then you still prefer a pay to win Halo??? that's insane, anyone who's a true Halo fan will prefer a pay to win Halo (which if everyone complain it was copying CoD then that would make it just a clone of it) than a sprint Halo.
The Req system is bad any way, but buying some broken weapons for a broken game mode like Warzone isn't affecting anyone but the people who play that dumbed down mode

If they put real paid advantages In Halo, that are worse than MoM it's a nail in coffin.

I am a fan of Halo, but 343 don't make Halo, they make what they want to make under the Halo brand.
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:

The Req system is bad any way, but buying some broken weapons for a broken game mode like Warzone isn't affecting anyone but the people who play that dumbed down mode

If they put real paid advantages In Halo, that are worse than MoM it's a nail in coffin.

I am a fan of Halo, but 343 don't make Halo, they make what they want to make under the Halo brand.
that's why precisely we need to focus more on that kind of issues, as I said previously "if you didn't knew the req system affects also Arena, not just WZ, since the armors, skins, visors, assasinations and emblems are as random as every other req, and they're a huge part in customization" well not a huge part, it's the whoñle damn customization, did you at least paid attention to my comment, the whole req system is affecting much more Halo than the sprint, and don't even talk about the campaign, the worst and most underdeveloped and mediocre story in Halo ever, really, what sprint does to Halo is nothing compared to those last ones.
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:

that's why precisely we need to focus more on that kind of issues, as I said previously "if you didn't knew the req system affects also Arena, not just WZ, since the armors, skins, visors, assasinations and emblems are as random as every other req, and they're a huge part in customization" well not a huge part, it's the whoñle damn customization, did you at least paid attention to my comment, the whole req system is affecting much more Halo than the sprint, and don't even talk about the campaign, the worst and most underdeveloped and mediocre story in Halo ever, really, what sprint does to Halo is nothing compared to those last ones.
Sprint has a massive knock on affect on the gameplay, and is as big an issue as a -Yoink- story and microtransactions, just possibly not for you. And I encourage you to fight against those as much as possible.

But this thread is about sprint. And sprint is a massive issue to the identity, map design, gameplay of Halo, and that is a huge part of the issues with Halo, just as much as crap story and microtransactions
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:

Sprint has a massive knock on affect on the gameplay, and is as big an issue as a -Yoink- story and microtransactions, just possibly not for you. And I encourage you to fight against those as much as possible.

But this thread is about sprint. And sprint is a massive issue to the identity, map design, gameplay of Halo, and that is a huge part of the issues with Halo, just as much as crap story and microtransactions
I know it may be an issue, but isn't really that bad than many others, there are many people that don't play Halo 5 anymore, and if someone ask them why, belive me they would say many things, but sprint won't be one of them, sprint doesn't make people stop playing the game, things like month of mythic, the lack of content at launch does, if that was the case then anyone would play Halo anymore since Reach, and Halo would have end since a long ago, and well that didn't happen. Also sprint doesn't change the whole map design at all, every map works perfectly without sprinting, I've tried it when I play swat (since I want to be always prepared to shoot so I don't sprint while playing swat) and I could go through the whole maps without problems, also in custom games where I play with the classic settings, sprint doesn't change the map design as 343i lack of creativity does, that's the proble that they don't know how to design maps,just look at BTB, it isn't sprint what is causing it.
Dinho239 wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
I'm telling you that you should stop telling people what their opinions and priorities should be.

I don't know about you but I can visit and contribute to many different topics and discussions in a very short time span, just recently I've been active in the MT threads. Keeping many balls in their air.

Dinho239 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:

No promethean vision, this is unacceptable, how should I know where they coming from?
Are you serious?
Well, spartan IVs are smaller than IIs, so shouldn't the Warthogs look bigger? But you do realise that the reason I decide to go this route, is that if people were to understand that sprint doesn't make you faster, there is no reason to keep it. It is keeping you from holding your gun up while going full speed. Is hard for people to understand? Is it my wording? Surely if people could see sprint from my point of view, they would agree with me, right? Again, sorry that this took so long.
Making claims that sound outrageous but are technically not completely wrong is not the right way of getting people to see your point of view, and definitely won't win anyone over. You've had two people who are against sprint criticize your comment. Do you think pro-sprint people are going to be any more responsive for your theory that the Halo universe has been shot with a shrink ray that affects everything but planets, buildings, and space ships?

Are there any good reasons to keep sprint? I don't see any.
Why you ask?
tsassi wrote:
Well, spartan IVs are smaller than IIs, so shouldn't the Warthogs look bigger? But you do realise that the reason I decide to go this route, is that if people were to understand that sprint doesn't make you faster, there is no reason to keep it. It is keeping you from holding your gun up while going full speed. Is hard for people to understand? Is it my wording? Surely if people could see sprint from my point of view, they would agree with me, right? Again, sorry that this took so long.
Making claims that sound outrageous but are technically not completely wrong is not the right way of getting people to see your point of view, and definitely won't win anyone over. You've had two people who are against sprint criticize your comment Do you think pro-sprint people are going to be any more responsive for your theory that the Halo universe has been shot with a shrink ray that affects everything but planets, buildings, and space ships?
I understand.
Sprint was added to appeal to the newer and Younger audience, pretty much a cod audience. But the sandbox halo uses is focused on high speed and longer range combat. Bullet magnetism is huge at range (especially apparent in halo 4) and the way the guns would have to be modified to even make classic gameplay in halo 5 feasible without getting cross mapped and screwed over by the plasma pistol overcharge at long range (the things a homing missile heat seeking -Yoink-) and of course maps are not made for no sprint but that can change. Some really good YouTube vids out her on this topic (Favyn) (LateNightGaming)
the fact that this topic was posted in june which is a good discussion,has so many replies,reasons for not liking sprint n armor abilite and likes should tell 343 why discussing a no sprint+ abilties for h6 closely with fans n future halos is vital.
sprint is not that bad, i don't use it all the time but it does have its uses
Dinho239 wrote:
I want both, sprint and Reqs/MTs, removed from future iterations.
But if somebody were to put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between the two of them, I'd rather have sprint gone and Reqs/MTs stay than the other way around.
Reqs/MTs don't affect me in campaign. Sprint does.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not troll.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
eems69 wrote:
It's funny how people think sprint will make Halo itself again. If you really think a game mechanic is what makes a game, you're wrong. It's the story, the multiplayer as a whole, not sprint.
People will argue about anything.
Just see sprint as walking and ur done and ready to not run. E Z does it. Boinggg
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 478
  4. 479
  5. 480
  6. 481
  7. 482
  8. ...
  9. 840