5. 482
  6. 483
  7. 484
  8. ...
  9. 819
Justima wrote:
Assassin 9 wrote:
Why is this thread still going?
I honestly wanted to know that too. I guess by us posting we are keeping it alive, but I really hope this sprint convo dies off completely and doesn't come back when Halo 6 rolls around. Pretty ridiculous at this point.
Why did you comment if you want this thread to die? You people are being ironic. I always see complaints on this thread and people questioning "how is this thread still alive???," the answer is because of you. If you want this thread die, do not comment. People are engaging in the debate, there is no need for comments like this and that.
I have no arguments against this.
Justima wrote:
Assassin 9 wrote:
I honestly wanted to know that too. I guess by us posting we are keeping it alive, but I really hope this sprint convo dies off completely and doesn't come back when Halo 6 rolls around. Pretty ridiculous at this point.
Why did you comment if you want this thread to die? You people are being ironic. I always see complaints on this thread and people questioning "how is this thread still alive???," the answer is because of you. If you want this thread die, do not comment. People are engaging in the debate, there is no need for comments like this and that.
I have no arguments against this.
Still keeping it alive...
getatme94 wrote:
didn't even bother reading it because it is the dumbest topic out there right now. Just because it has sprint doesn't mean its not Halo. It's one whole mechanic, that's it. If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
Except the maps are purposefully stretched out to accompany sprint, so that stretched maps will have the same sprint travel time as a non stretched map with just walking. So
not sprinting is punishing because the game had to be made around it.
not true, the only time you NEED, to sprint, is if you are trying to break a wall in warzone. i have stopped sprinting completely and do just fine.

sprint should stay, spartan charge is what needs to leave.

not having sprint is not what made halo, halo. the BR, needler, floaty jumps, and spartans, made halo, halo. sprint alone does not make or break halo, the people who can't get over it, are what breaks halo.
THANK YOU!
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
so then you prefer a pay to win Halo without sprint, you really care more about sprint than that Halo is almost becoming a pay to win???
I want both, sprint and Reqs/MTs, removed from future iterations.
But if somebody were to put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between the two of them, I'd rather have sprint gone and Reqs/MTs stay than the other way around.
Reqs/MTs don't affect me in campaign. Sprint does.
how does sprint affects in campaign??? is not like someone is forcing you to use it or anything.
Sprint affects level design, enemy AI and weapon balance. All of them are relevant in campaign. You can't avoid them just by not spriting.

Levels need to be more wide and stretched, so sprinting players don't get stuck on objects. That makes a lot of campaign levels dull, being either a long corridor or a vast and empty plane. AI needs to be programmed with a player's peak performance in mind, so they usually are just as fast as sprint speed, while still being able to shoot. It also doesn't help that 343 introduced teleporting enemies who can bum-rush you at a moments notice. Meanwhile, when on the offense, you have to decide whether to approach enemies at a slower speed while shooting, missing shots and losing ammo because of the distance (which the infinite-ammo-wielding enemies don't have to worry about) or sprint towards them so you get into range before growing a beard, while constantly getting bombarded by their barrage fire. All this while suffering from the reduced average TTK that was implemented because of sprint.

I actually don't really care what happens in multiplayer. 343 could reduce the multiplayer to one weapon, one map, have blue team stand on the ceiling and moonwalking be the only method of moving. But campaign is the last place I want to see sprint in.
not at all, Reach for me was one of the games with better level design in camaign and it also has the ability to sprint if you want to, also it had one of the best AI in my opinión, what really affects level design is the -Yoinking!- lack of creativity fron 343i, just look at the infinite armor variants in Halo 5, also that they're changing the level, AI design and almost everything else to atract new players from other games, which is a -Yoinking!- terrible idea, they focus on other fans than in keeping the fans they already had, which makes Halo turning into another generic random fps, Reach is a prove that a game can have sprint, and still feel like Halo in everything else. The problema isn't sprint, the problema is that 343i doesn't know how to implement anything the right way in the game.
Justima wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
so then you prefer a pay to win Halo without sprint, you really care more about sprint than that Halo is almost becoming a pay to win???
But if somebody were to put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between the two of them, I'd rather have sprint gone and Reqs/MTs stay than the other way around.
how does sprint affects in campaign??? is not like someone is forcing you to use it or anything.
People's mind towards campaign's gameplay could be anything is wrong. Sure, you could design a game differently, but it becomes a different game with same skin like what Halo 5 is. If Assassin's Creed loses stealth mechanic, is it still Assassin's Creed? If Alan Wake gets reticle instead of flashlight aiming, is it still Alan Wake? If Quantum Break loses time power mechanics, is it still Quantum Break? Dying Light without park-our? Doom with enhanced mobility? You can call these games with their name even though it plays differently. Game mechanics imply to single player like multiplayer.
I think that is caused more by the lack of creativity of 343i they just don't know how to keep the unique Halo feeling, they just do what they want. (also that applies too for the "artsyle")
I think it is caused by 343's intend to appeal to new audience by adding stuffs from other games. To be honest, when I was non-Halo fan and saw Halo 5, it was not interesting at all. I was like there is another shooter coming out.
yeah, Halo is for Halo fans, but they're just focusing in atracting fans from other games than keeping the ones they already had, and that just causes turning Halo into another random fps.
Hxlljumper wrote:
getatme94 wrote:
didn't even bother reading it because it is the dumbest topic out there right now. Just because it has sprint doesn't mean its not Halo. It's one whole mechanic, that's it. If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
Except the maps are purposefully stretched out to accompany sprint, so that stretched maps will have the same sprint travel time as a non stretched map with just walking. So
not sprinting is punishing because the game had to be made around it.
not true, the only time you NEED, to sprint, is if you are trying to break a wall in warzone. i have stopped sprinting completely and do just fine.

sprint should stay, spartan charge is what needs to leave.

not having sprint is not what made halo, halo. the BR, needler, floaty jumps, and spartans, made halo, halo. sprint alone does not make or break halo, the people who can't get over it, are what breaks halo.
THANK YOU!
For a terrible argument? Kinda weird to thank someone for that.
Because sprint is still bad for Halo
And still is.
And still is.
Actually if you just put sprint as a abillity it as pretty good.
BL4CKTUL1P wrote:
And still is.
Actually if you just put sprint as a abillity it as pretty good.
Anything to back that up? Anyone anti sprint here can go on and on about why it's bad but can you give anything besides immersion that makes it good?
I challenge EVERYONE who thinks sprint should be taken out of the game to open a custom game and select any game type. Then get your people together and tell everyone they're not allowed to sprint. If they're not all bored to death after one minute then you win.
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Sprint affects level design, enemy AI and weapon balance. All of them are relevant in campaign. You can't avoid them just by not spriting.

Levels need to be more wide and stretched, so sprinting players don't get stuck on objects. That makes a lot of campaign levels dull, being either a long corridor or a vast and empty plane. AI needs to be programmed with a player's peak performance in mind, so they usually are just as fast as sprint speed, while still being able to shoot. It also doesn't help that 343 introduced teleporting enemies who can bum-rush you at a moments notice. Meanwhile, when on the offense, you have to decide whether to approach enemies at a slower speed while shooting, missing shots and losing ammo because of the distance (which the infinite-ammo-wielding enemies don't have to worry about) or sprint towards them so you get into range before growing a beard, while constantly getting bombarded by their barrage fire. All this while suffering from the reduced average TTK that was implemented because of sprint.

I actually don't really care what happens in multiplayer. 343 could reduce the multiplayer to one weapon, one map, have blue team stand on the ceiling and moonwalking be the only method of moving. But campaign is the last place I want to see sprint in.
not at all, Reach for me was one of the games with better level design in camaign and it also has the ability to sprint if you want to, also it had one of the best AI in my opinión, what really affects level design is the -Yoinking!- lack of creativity fron 343i, just look at the infinite armor variants in Halo 5, also that they're changing the level, AI design and almost everything else to atract new players from other games, which is a -Yoinking!- terrible idea, they focus on other fans than in keeping the fans they already had, which makes Halo turning into another generic random fps, Reach is a prove that a game can have sprint, and still feel like Halo in everything else. The problema isn't sprint, the problema is that 343i doesn't know how to implement anything the right way in the game.
Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. Just because you believe something or something is true in your experience does not mean that you can use that to disprove someone else. Unless you can provide evidence that can be agreed on and proven true then you can't try and disprove other people with your opinion.
I challenge EVERYONE who thinks sprint should be taken out of the game to open a custom game and select any game type. Then get your people together and tell everyone they're not allowed to sprint. If they're not all bored to death after one minute then you win.
I'm just going to leave this here. If we removed sprint BMS and jump height would both increase, along with map design adjusting to not having sprint.
I'm just going to leave this here. If we removed sprint BMS and jump height would both increase, along with map design adjusting to not having sprint.
I remember that thread, I haven't played that gamete yet am thinking about it.
It's pretty fun. I'm not sure where they are but I remember the devs having made remakes of the halo 5 maps for it. It works fine on the base maps though. I'd love to see it be a weekend playlist one week.
It's pretty fun. I'm not sure where they are but I remember the devs having made remakes of the halo 5 maps for it. It works fine on the base maps though. I'd love to see it be a weekend playlist one week.
That would be cool. I am in such a great mood now since I am a Spartan.
And I'm still a marine :(
Did that reply just make you Spartan? Anyway Spartan hype.
No, just saying that I am now.
No, just saying that I am now.
Sweet, nice signature too.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 480
  4. 481
  5. 482
  6. 483
  7. 484
  8. ...
  9. 819