Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 481
  4. 482
  5. 483
  6. 484
  7. 485
  8. ...
  9. 840
I challenge EVERYONE who thinks sprint should be taken out of the game to open a custom game and select any game type. Then get your people together and tell everyone they're not allowed to sprint. If they're not all bored to death after one minute then you win.
I'm just going to leave this here. If we removed sprint BMS and jump height would both increase, along with map design adjusting to not having sprint.
I remember that thread, I haven't played that gamete yet am thinking about it.
It's pretty fun. I'm not sure where they are but I remember the devs having made remakes of the halo 5 maps for it. It works fine on the base maps though. I'd love to see it be a weekend playlist one week.
That would be cool. I am in such a great mood now since I am a Spartan.
Did that reply just make you Spartan? Anyway Spartan hype.
No, just saying that I am now.
Sweet, nice signature too.
Thanks. But I might change it but who knows it might grow on me.
I challenge EVERYONE who thinks sprint should be taken out of the game to open a custom game and select any game type. Then get your people together and tell everyone they're not allowed to sprint. If they're not all bored to death after one minute then you win.
Well, my friends and I just played TMCC (halo 1-3 only) and none of us had any issues with not being able to sprint. In fact all of us were so shocked at how much higher you can jump. Holy crap, it's so much better!!

Sprint doesn't make the game FYI. The Sprint animation could be gone in halo 6 and guess what, it'll still sell crap loads more then likely. Heck there is lots of evidence out there that says it might sell better. I'm betting it would. I don't hate halo 5 by far and like it much more then halo 4 as a whole, but at times it really doesn't feel like Halo unfortunately.
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
I challenge EVERYONE who thinks sprint should be taken out of the game to open a custom game and select any game type. Then get your people together and tell everyone they're not allowed to sprint. If they're not all bored to death after one minute then you win.
These replies made me stop coming to waypoint.

If you cant even understand how wrong you are in this statement, please, smash your monitor and sell your computer, we have enough people like you on the internet.
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
so then you prefer a pay to win Halo without sprint, you really care more about sprint than that Halo is almost becoming a pay to win???
I want both, sprint and Reqs/MTs, removed from future iterations.
But if somebody were to put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between the two of them, I'd rather have sprint gone and Reqs/MTs stay than the other way around.
Reqs/MTs don't affect me in campaign. Sprint does.
how does sprint affects in campaign??? is not like someone is forcing you to use it or anything.
Sprint affects level design, enemy AI and weapon balance. All of them are relevant in campaign. You can't avoid them just by not spriting.

Levels need to be more wide and stretched, so sprinting players don't get stuck on objects. That makes a lot of campaign levels dull, being either a long corridor or a vast and empty plane. AI needs to be programmed with a player's peak performance in mind, so they usually are just as fast as sprint speed, while still being able to shoot. It also doesn't help that 343 introduced teleporting enemies who can bum-rush you at a moments notice. Meanwhile, when on the offense, you have to decide whether to approach enemies at a slower speed while shooting, missing shots and losing ammo because of the distance (which the infinite-ammo-wielding enemies don't have to worry about) or sprint towards them so you get into range before growing a beard, while constantly getting bombarded by their barrage fire. All this while suffering from the reduced average TTK that was implemented because of sprint.

I actually don't really care what happens in multiplayer. 343 could reduce the multiplayer to one weapon, one map, have blue team stand on the ceiling and moonwalking be the only method of moving. But campaign is the last place I want to see sprint in.
not at all, Reach for me was one of the games with better level design in camaign and it also has the ability to sprint if you want to, also it had one of the best AI in my opinión, what really affects level design is the -Yoinking!- lack of creativity fron 343i, just look at the infinite armor variants in Halo 5, also that they're changing the level, AI design and almost everything else to atract new players from other games, which is a -Yoinking!- terrible idea, they focus on other fans than in keeping the fans they already had, which makes Halo turning into another generic random fps, Reach is a prove that a game can have sprint, and still feel like Halo in everything else. The problema isn't sprint, the problema is that 343i doesn't know how to implement anything the right way in the game.
Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. Just because you believe something or something is true in your experience does not mean that you can use that to disprove someone else. Unless you can provide evidence that can be agreed on and proven true then you can't try and disprove other people with your opinion.
then do you have evidence that people stop playing just for sprint or that dislike the whole game just for that, I know sprint made some changes to the franchise, but is not the -Yoinking!- end of the games, is just sprint, anyone can tolerate it, and if who doesn't at least tolerate it is just because is bad at playing with the new mechanics and because can't get use to it so tries to change the whole game at his convenience.
Fourseer wrote:
Why is this thread still going?
Because sprint is still bad for Halo
Yeah like the other 9000 posts haven't clarified that.
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
so then you prefer a pay to win Halo without sprint, you really care more about sprint than that Halo is almost becoming a pay to win???
I want both, sprint and Reqs/MTs, removed from future iterations.
But if somebody were to put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between the two of them, I'd rather have sprint gone and Reqs/MTs stay than the other way around.
Reqs/MTs don't affect me in campaign. Sprint does.
how does sprint affects in campaign??? is not like someone is forcing you to use it or anything.
Sprint affects level design, enemy AI and weapon balance. All of them are relevant in campaign. You can't avoid them just by not spriting.

Levels need to be more wide and stretched, so sprinting players don't get stuck on objects. That makes a lot of campaign levels dull, being either a long corridor or a vast and empty plane. AI needs to be programmed with a player's peak performance in mind, so they usually are just as fast as sprint speed, while still being able to shoot. It also doesn't help that 343 introduced teleporting enemies who can bum-rush you at a moments notice. Meanwhile, when on the offense, you have to decide whether to approach enemies at a slower speed while shooting, missing shots and losing ammo because of the distance (which the infinite-ammo-wielding enemies don't have to worry about) or sprint towards them so you get into range before growing a beard, while constantly getting bombarded by their barrage fire. All this while suffering from the reduced average TTK that was implemented because of sprint.

I actually don't really care what happens in multiplayer. 343 could reduce the multiplayer to one weapon, one map, have blue team stand on the ceiling and moonwalking be the only method of moving. But campaign is the last place I want to see sprint in.
not at all, Reach for me was one of the games with better level design in camaign and it also has the ability to sprint if you want to, also it had one of the best AI in my opinión, what really affects level design is the -Yoinking!- lack of creativity fron 343i, just look at the infinite armor variants in Halo 5, also that they're changing the level, AI design and almost everything else to atract new players from other games, which is a -Yoinking!- terrible idea, they focus on other fans than in keeping the fans they already had, which makes Halo turning into another generic random fps, Reach is a prove that a game can have sprint, and still feel like Halo in everything else. The problema isn't sprint, the problema is that 343i doesn't know how to implement anything the right way in the game.
Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. Just because you believe something or something is true in your experience does not mean that you can use that to disprove someone else. Unless you can provide evidence that can be agreed on and proven true then you can't try and disprove other people with your opinion.
then do you have evidence that people stop playing just for sprint or that dislike the whole game just for that, I know sprint made some changes to the franchise, but is not the -Yoinking!- end of the games, is just sprint, anyone can tolerate it, and if who doesn't at least tolerate it is just because is bad at playing with the new mechanics and because can't get use to it so tries to change the whole game at his convenience.
The sales record shows the number dropped significantly after Halo 4. The possible assumption is people hated changes, including sprint, and didn't purchase Halo 5, because it still continued to change.
I challenge EVERYONE who thinks sprint should be taken out of the game to open a custom game and select any game type. Then get your people together and tell everyone they're not allowed to sprint. If they're not all bored to death after one minute then you win.
Looks like someone has never heard of the Evolved settings.
yeah keep sprint. and halo is already great
Justima wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
so then you prefer a pay to win Halo without sprint, you really care more about sprint than that Halo is almost becoming a pay to win???
I want both, sprint and Reqs/MTs, removed from future iterations.
But if somebody were to put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between the two of them, I'd rather have sprint gone and Reqs/MTs stay than the other way around.
Reqs/MTs don't affect me in campaign. Sprint does.
how does sprint affects in campaign??? is not like someone is forcing you to use it or anything.
Sprint affects level design, enemy AI and weapon balance. All of them are relevant in campaign. You can't avoid them just by not spriting.

Levels need to be more wide and stretched, so sprinting players don't get stuck on objects. That makes a lot of campaign levels dull, being either a long corridor or a vast and empty plane. AI needs to be programmed with a player's peak performance in mind, so they usually are just as fast as sprint speed, while still being able to shoot. It also doesn't help that 343 introduced teleporting enemies who can bum-rush you at a moments notice. Meanwhile, when on the offense, you have to decide whether to approach enemies at a slower speed while shooting, missing shots and losing ammo because of the distance (which the infinite-ammo-wielding enemies don't have to worry about) or sprint towards them so you get into range before growing a beard, while constantly getting bombarded by their barrage fire. All this while suffering from the reduced average TTK that was implemented because of sprint.

I actually don't really care what happens in multiplayer. 343 could reduce the multiplayer to one weapon, one map, have blue team stand on the ceiling and moonwalking be the only method of moving. But campaign is the last place I want to see sprint in.
not at all, Reach for me was one of the games with better level design in camaign and it also has the ability to sprint if you want to, also it had one of the best AI in my opinión, what really affects level design is the -Yoinking!- lack of creativity fron 343i, just look at the infinite armor variants in Halo 5, also that they're changing the level, AI design and almost everything else to atract new players from other games, which is a -Yoinking!- terrible idea, they focus on other fans than in keeping the fans they already had, which makes Halo turning into another generic random fps, Reach is a prove that a game can have sprint, and still feel like Halo in everything else. The problema isn't sprint, the problema is that 343i doesn't know how to implement anything the right way in the game.
then do you have evidence that people stop playing just for sprint or that dislike the whole game just for that, I know sprint made some changes to the franchise, but is not the -Yoinking!- end of the games, is just sprint, anyone can tolerate it, and if who doesn't at least tolerate it is just because is bad at playing with the new mechanics and because can't get use to it so tries to change the whole game at his convenience.
The sales record shows the number dropped significantly after Halo 4. The possible assumption is people hated changes, including sprint, and didn't purchase Halo 5, because it still continued to change.
really just sprint??? it was all the time just the sprint, and I thought that it was because of the terrible MP COD like with the loadouts in Halo 4 as well as the drastical artstyle change, or that Halo 5 had almost no content at it's release day, or that has a terrible BTB maps, well maps in general, the req system, armors ugly as hell, every armor reskined infinite times, the worst campaign story telling etc. sorry, you're right it was just sprint, I've been so fool.
Spoiler:
Show
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
so then you prefer a pay to win Halo without sprint, you really care more about sprint than that Halo is almost becoming a pay to win???
I want both, sprint and Reqs/MTs, removed from future iterations.
But if somebody were to put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between the two of them, I'd rather have sprint gone and Reqs/MTs stay than the other way around.
Reqs/MTs don't affect me in campaign. Sprint does.
how does sprint affects in campaign??? is not like someone is forcing you to use it or anything.
Sprint affects level design, enemy AI and weapon balance. All of them are relevant in campaign. You can't avoid them just by not spriting.

Levels need to be more wide and stretched, so sprinting players don't get stuck on objects. That makes a lot of campaign levels dull, being either a long corridor or a vast and empty plane. AI needs to be programmed with a player's peak performance in mind, so they usually are just as fast as sprint speed, while still being able to shoot. It also doesn't help that 343 introduced teleporting enemies who can bum-rush you at a moments notice. Meanwhile, when on the offense, you have to decide whether to approach enemies at a slower speed while shooting, missing shots and losing ammo because of the distance (which the infinite-ammo-wielding enemies don't have to worry about) or sprint towards them so you get into range before growing a beard, while constantly getting bombarded by their barrage fire. All this while suffering from the reduced average TTK that was implemented because of sprint.

I actually don't really care what happens in multiplayer. 343 could reduce the multiplayer to one weapon, one map, have blue team stand on the ceiling and moonwalking be the only method of moving. But campaign is the last place I want to see sprint in.
not at all, Reach for me was one of the games with better level design in camaign and it also has the ability to sprint if you want to, also it had one of the best AI in my opinión, what really affects level design is the -Yoinking!- lack of creativity fron 343i, just look at the infinite armor variants in Halo 5, also that they're changing the level, AI design and almost everything else to atract new players from other games, which is a -Yoinking!- terrible idea, they focus on other fans than in keeping the fans they already had, which makes Halo turning into another generic random fps, Reach is a prove that a game can have sprint, and still feel like Halo in everything else. The problema isn't sprint, the problema is that 343i doesn't know how to implement anything the right way in the game.
Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. Just because you believe something or something is true in your experience does not mean that you can use that to disprove someone else. Unless you can provide evidence that can be agreed on and proven true then you can't try and disprove other people with your opinion.
then do you have evidence that people stop playing just for sprint or that dislike the whole game just for that, I know sprint made some changes to the franchise, but is not the -Yoinking!- end of the games, is just sprint, anyone can tolerate it, and if who doesn't at least tolerate it is just because is bad at playing with the new mechanics and because can't get use to it so tries to change the whole game at his convenience.
Now, I haven't posted in this thread for about a week, so maybe I missed it, but have you told us why you think sprint is beneficial to the gameplay? If so, just link me to the post(s).

Otherwise your posts seem to be talking about other problems the franchise has. Concerned about playable Elites? Check out that thread. Concerned about split screen? Check out that thread. We're discussing sprints place in the game in this thread.
Fourseer wrote:
Why is this thread still going?
Because sprint is still bad for Halo
That can be debated... Oh wait!
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
so then you prefer a pay to win Halo without sprint, you really care more about sprint than that Halo is almost becoming a pay to win???
I want both, sprint and Reqs/MTs, removed from future iterations.
But if somebody were to put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between the two of them, I'd rather have sprint gone and Reqs/MTs stay than the other way around.
Reqs/MTs don't affect me in campaign. Sprint does.
how does sprint affects in campaign??? is not like someone is forcing you to use it or anything.
Sprint affects level design, enemy AI and weapon balance. All of them are relevant in campaign. You can't avoid them just by not spriting.

Levels need to be more wide and stretched, so sprinting players don't get stuck on objects. That makes a lot of campaign levels dull, being either a long corridor or a vast and empty plane. AI needs to be programmed with a player's peak performance in mind, so they usually are just as fast as sprint speed, while still being able to shoot. It also doesn't help that 343 introduced teleporting enemies who can bum-rush you at a moments notice. Meanwhile, when on the offense, you have to decide whether to approach enemies at a slower speed while shooting, missing shots and losing ammo because of the distance (which the infinite-ammo-wielding enemies don't have to worry about) or sprint towards them so you get into range before growing a beard, while constantly getting bombarded by their barrage fire. All this while suffering from the reduced average TTK that was implemented because of sprint.

I actually don't really care what happens in multiplayer. 343 could reduce the multiplayer to one weapon, one map, have blue team stand on the ceiling and moonwalking be the only method of moving. But campaign is the last place I want to see sprint in.
not at all, Reach for me was one of the games with better level design in camaign and it also has the ability to sprint if you want to, also it had one of the best AI in my opinión, what really affects level design is the -Yoinking!- lack of creativity fron 343i, just look at the infinite armor variants in Halo 5, also that they're changing the level, AI design and almost everything else to atract new players from other games, which is a -Yoinking!- terrible idea, they focus on other fans than in keeping the fans they already had, which makes Halo turning into another generic random fps, Reach is a prove that a game can have sprint, and still feel like Halo in everything else. The problema isn't sprint, the problema is that 343i doesn't know how to implement anything the right way in the game.
Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. Just because you believe something or something is true in your experience does not mean that you can use that to disprove someone else. Unless you can provide evidence that can be agreed on and proven true then you can't try and disprove other people with your opinion.
then do you have evidence that people stop playing just for sprint or that dislike the whole game just for that, I know sprint made some changes to the franchise, but is not the -Yoinking!- end of the games, is just sprint, anyone can tolerate it, and if who doesn't at least tolerate it is just because is bad at playing with the new mechanics and because can't get use to it so tries to change the whole game at his convenience.
Now, I haven't posted in this thread for about a week, so maybe I missed it, but have you told us why you think sprint is beneficial to the gameplay? If so, just link me to the post(s).

Otherwise your posts seem to be talking about other problems the franchise has. Concerned about playable Elites? Check out that thread. Concerned about split screen? Check out that thread. We're discussing sprints place in the game in this thread.
I'm not saying sprint is benefical, but is is neither bad, is something that doesn't even have anything to complain about.
Just have a no sprint playlist.So to appeal to those who and don't want sprint
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
so then you prefer a pay to win Halo without sprint, you really care more about sprint than that Halo is almost becoming a pay to win???
I want both, sprint and Reqs/MTs, removed from future iterations.
But if somebody were to put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between the two of them, I'd rather have sprint gone and Reqs/MTs stay than the other way around.
Reqs/MTs don't affect me in campaign. Sprint does.
how does sprint affects in campaign??? is not like someone is forcing you to use it or anything.
Sprint affects level design, enemy AI and weapon balance. All of them are relevant in campaign. You can't avoid them just by not spriting.

Levels need to be more wide and stretched, so sprinting players don't get stuck on objects. That makes a lot of campaign levels dull, being either a long corridor or a vast and empty plane. AI needs to be programmed with a player's peak performance in mind, so they usually are just as fast as sprint speed, while still being able to shoot. It also doesn't help that 343 introduced teleporting enemies who can bum-rush you at a moments notice. Meanwhile, when on the offense, you have to decide whether to approach enemies at a slower speed while shooting, missing shots and losing ammo because of the distance (which the infinite-ammo-wielding enemies don't have to worry about) or sprint towards them so you get into range before growing a beard, while constantly getting bombarded by their barrage fire. All this while suffering from the reduced average TTK that was implemented because of sprint.

I actually don't really care what happens in multiplayer. 343 could reduce the multiplayer to one weapon, one map, have blue team stand on the ceiling and moonwalking be the only method of moving. But campaign is the last place I want to see sprint in.
not at all, Reach for me was one of the games with better level design in camaign and it also has the ability to sprint if you want to, also it had one of the best AI in my opinión, what really affects level design is the -Yoinking!- lack of creativity fron 343i, just look at the infinite armor variants in Halo 5, also that they're changing the level, AI design and almost everything else to atract new players from other games, which is a -Yoinking!- terrible idea, they focus on other fans than in keeping the fans they already had, which makes Halo turning into another generic random fps, Reach is a prove that a game can have sprint, and still feel like Halo in everything else. The problema isn't sprint, the problema is that 343i doesn't know how to implement anything the right way in the game.
Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. Just because you believe something or something is true in your experience does not mean that you can use that to disprove someone else. Unless you can provide evidence that can be agreed on and proven true then you can't try and disprove other people with your opinion.
then do you have evidence that people stop playing just for sprint or that dislike the whole game just for that, I know sprint made some changes to the franchise, but is not the -Yoinking!- end of the games, is just sprint, anyone can tolerate it, and if who doesn't at least tolerate it is just because is bad at playing with the new mechanics and because can't get use to it so tries to change the whole game at his convenience.
Now, I haven't posted in this thread for about a week, so maybe I missed it, but have you told us why you think sprint is beneficial to the gameplay? If so, just link me to the post(s).

Otherwise your posts seem to be talking about other problems the franchise has. Concerned about playable Elites? Check out that thread. Concerned about split screen? Check out that thread. We're discussing sprints place in the game in this thread.
Well, there was this. But I don't have the energy to respond to it...
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
Not getting into your conversation, but to say people who dont want Sprint are the vocal minority is 100% your opinion and not fact....and don't start putting up evidence to back your claims because anything you put up someone else can put up something that contradicts it easily as we know. Again, not trying to be all...whatever here, just pointing something out is all :)

Dinho239 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
so then you prefer a pay to win Halo without sprint, you really care more about sprint than that Halo is almost becoming a pay to win???
I want both, sprint and Reqs/MTs, removed from future iterations.
But if somebody were to put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between the two of them, I'd rather have sprint gone and Reqs/MTs stay than the other way around.
Reqs/MTs don't affect me in campaign. Sprint does.
how does sprint affects in campaign??? is not like someone is forcing you to use it or anything.
Sprint affects level design, enemy AI and weapon balance. All of them are relevant in campaign. You can't avoid them just by not spriting.

Levels need to be more wide and stretched, so sprinting players don't get stuck on objects. That makes a lot of campaign levels dull, being either a long corridor or a vast and empty plane. AI needs to be programmed with a player's peak performance in mind, so they usually are just as fast as sprint speed, while still being able to shoot. It also doesn't help that 343 introduced teleporting enemies who can bum-rush you at a moments notice. Meanwhile, when on the offense, you have to decide whether to approach enemies at a slower speed while shooting, missing shots and losing ammo because of the distance (which the infinite-ammo-wielding enemies don't have to worry about) or sprint towards them so you get into range before growing a beard, while constantly getting bombarded by their barrage fire. All this while suffering from the reduced average TTK that was implemented because of sprint.

I actually don't really care what happens in multiplayer. 343 could reduce the multiplayer to one weapon, one map, have blue team stand on the ceiling and moonwalking be the only method of moving. But campaign is the last place I want to see sprint in.
not at all, Reach for me was one of the games with better level design in camaign and it also has the ability to sprint if you want to, also it had one of the best AI in my opinión, what really affects level design is the -Yoinking!- lack of creativity fron 343i, just look at the infinite armor variants in Halo 5, also that they're changing the level, AI design and almost everything else to atract new players from other games, which is a -Yoinking!- terrible idea, they focus on other fans than in keeping the fans they already had, which makes Halo turning into another generic random fps, Reach is a prove that a game can have sprint, and still feel like Halo in everything else. The problema isn't sprint, the problema is that 343i doesn't know how to implement anything the right way in the game.
then do you have evidence that people stop playing just for sprint or that dislike the whole game just for that, I know sprint made some changes to the franchise, but is not the -Yoinking!- end of the games, is just sprint, anyone can tolerate it, and if who doesn't at least tolerate it is just because is bad at playing with the new mechanics and because can't get use to it so tries to change the whole game at his convenience.
The sales record shows the number dropped significantly after Halo 4. The possible assumption is people hated changes, including sprint, and didn't purchase Halo 5, because it still continued to change.
really just sprint??? it was all the time just the sprint, and I thought that it was because of the terrible MP COD like with the loadouts in Halo 4 as well as the drastical artstyle change, or that Halo 5 had almost no content at it's release day, or that has a terrible BTB maps, well maps in general, the req system, armors ugly as hell, every armor reskined infinite times, the worst campaign story telling etc. sorry, you're right it was just sprint, I've been so fool.
Spoiler:
Show

He didn't say sprint WAS the reason Halo 4 wasn't received well he saying he feels Sprint contributed to why it didn't do well amongst other things. He said:
Quote:
The sales record shows the number dropped significantly after Halo 4. The possible assumption is people hated changes, including sprint, and didn't purchase Halo 5, because it still continued to change.
....Hated changes, including sprint. Just thought I'd point this out. Again not butting into your conversation, but too many people here aren't reading what people are actually writing (this goes both ways btw)
Snipes347 wrote:
yeah keep sprint. and halo is already great
Care to elaborate How Halo 5 is Great?
Snipes347 wrote:
yeah keep sprint. and halo is already great
Care to elaborate How Halo 5 is Great?
He didn't specifically say halo 5, just halo in general
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 481
  4. 482
  5. 483
  6. 484
  7. 485
  8. ...
  9. 840