Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 485
  4. 486
  5. 487
  6. 488
  7. 489
  8. ...
  9. 840
Removing sprint is a bad idea. Even though you grew up without it, when someone wants to take it away you want to keep it even more. Its like coffee; you grew up never drinking it, but now that you like it, if someone wants to take it away, you get defensive about it. My point is once you get used to it, you don't want to get rid of it.
I still don't like coffee. I don't really care for how it tastes.

I still like classic Halo. =)
Zeezke99 wrote:
didn't even bother reading it because it is the dumbest topic out there right now. Just because it has sprint doesn't mean its not Halo. It's one whole mechanic, that's it. If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
Except the maps are purposefully stretched out to accompany sprint, so that stretched maps will have the same sprint travel time as a non stretched map with just walking. So
not sprinting is punishing because the game had to be made around it.
Campaign maps aren't. God I wish I could have had sprint on some old campaign misions(Looking at you Two Betrayals)
Funny because I literally just did that level on MCC Today, ya, I would have loved to sprint through the bridge with the flood with rockets
Why?
Gandalfur wrote:
but thats the thing we are still keeping sprint, its there its still an option and if you wanted to play with it you could play warzone or custom games. thing is halos 1-3 were fine without sprint in the campaign and the arena aspect. What does sprint bring to those gamemodes that improve on the experience and dont just take away from it?
Things eventually have to evolve or it's just the same repetitive release over and over again. I like sprint being a part of the game. And it's not like it was just introduced, Halo 4 had sprinting as well.
l Jinxed I wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
Your opinion for the bolded statement was pointless. Did you show proof? No. Did you explain your reasoning? No. Halo 3 was the most successful game in the franchise, and Halo 5 is the no where close to that. H3 did not need sprint, just a speed increase. ZBNS Reach was amazing, and it did not feature sprint. CE, the game with the most depth in the franchise, did not feature sprint, and people still organize LAN parties. Shadowrun was a very competitive FPS, it did not feature sprint. Quake is faster than every game I just listed, it did not feature sprint. Sprint is not a necessity. Until you can think of a gameplay reason to justify having sprint, people will still complain about it. The problem is, you can't. 343i can't even, a post from Quinn Del Hoyo on TB proves this.

You mean the guy who thinks that we don't want a speed increase after removing sprint? If someone legitimately thinks that, then yes, they should smash their monitor. This is a textbook example of ignorance. If I need to explain why he's wrong to him, I doubt he's old enough to be on the internet.
Reach did have sprint, but it was armor ability.
And Reach was the game that started this downward spiral, and I said ZBNS Reach, the updated version with no bloom and faster BMS with no abilities (MLG).
Speaking of opinions that's really all you come with either... "Oh Reach started the downward spiral..." yet Halo is STILL the game that YOU play the most. And yet STILL Halo has been thriving- in retrospect this "downward spiral," you're speaking about is absolutely nothing more than your mere opinion... I'm normally all for hearing opinions but you've been so anti-opinions it's just funny to hear about how many opinions you're also full of...

And you know what? For someone whose supposedly so anti-sprint- I've seen you use sprint plenty of times. I never once heard you say ANYTHING bad about sprint- and you get heated pretty easily and triggered by the slightest of things in game. Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to your opinion but it's hard to take you seriously when you dismiss other people's opinions as "pointless," ONLY when they aren't flush with your opinions.
R4d1c47Ed wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
What? An STK OG actually supports sprint? Mind blown.

Were weapon spawns on maps here to stay before Halo 4 dropped? What about even starts? Picking up grenades without a perk? etc.

Could you explain how two movement speeds are "both necessary and beneficial" for Halo?
I am an OG but never was a part of the StK clan. I enjoyed the older Halo games as well. I was also never one to just say, "adapt," as Halos changed but the way I've always approached it was that I'm either going to figure it out or wait for the next Halo title to really pick it back up again... I've had issues "getting gud," in Halo titles, so to speak. I was pretty decent at CE, gud at 2, pretty trashy at 3 (not horrible), pretty trashy at Reach (borderline average), gud at 4, and I've been the best on 5. As such sprint has never seemed to impact what my skill level is going to be in a Halo title. But the lack of sprint did half-way bore me to death (ESPECIALLY ON BIG TEAM) in Halo 3.

And to address your points...

-Weapons still spawn on maps in Arena... Here to stay for the most part.

-Warzone spawns are pretty much even... They're reminiscent of spawns in OG Halo on Blood Gultch as a matter of fact.

-Grenades don't affect gameplay very much that's why they're just equipment- as such picking them up rarely results in anything that could be considered game changing. Perks or no perks, picking up a grenade is typically an afterthought/subconscious type of action.

So to me, two movement speeds is simply more realistic... Common sense dictates that Spartans SHOULD be able to maneuver faster when the situation calls for it. Also it matches canon- Just pick up and read any Halo lore featuring Spartans engaging in combat... Every Halo novel depicts Spartans that RUN only when they HAVE TO. So that's it- adding a sense of verisimilitude to a science fiction story is not only great way to help Halo feel just a little bit more real but it's also a way for 343i to stay honest regarding Halo canon.
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
Woah there, those are statistics you're tossing around that you cannot back up because they're made up... Pro sprint ALWAYS won in the polls and everyone that I've ever seen and participated in indicated that the pro sprint side won with a slam dunk.

I'm not against anti-sprinters... I do want sprint to stay, yet at the same time I understand what many of you want and would rather have in Halo... I do think that be boring and would even hurt Halo by lowering the population so naturally I just want sprint to stay in Halo games. What I do not appreciate would pro sprinters is the way they GROSSLY try to over-inflate this issue in an effort to gain more exposure than this issue genuinely deserves.

I too have issues with Halo titles- but I wait my turn and express them in respectful ways... I like to hear what others think on the issue- I do not aggressively undercut and undervalue opinions when other people simple do not agree with me (A STARK contrast to the way pro sprinters have approached this issue). I don't sit here and try to perpetuate a thread to make it grow WAY bigger than the life of an average thread in an effort to make the issue appear larger than it really is. I express my opinions peacefully in the Halo Community Feedback system and expect that others may not actually see things the way that I see them. For those things I just went over, I don't appreciate or respect how so many pro-sprinters have conducted themselves regarding this issue.
R4d1c47Ed wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
What? An STK OG actually supports sprint? Mind blown.

Were weapon spawns on maps here to stay before Halo 4 dropped? What about even starts? Picking up grenades without a perk? etc.

Could you explain how two movement speeds are "both necessary and beneficial" for Halo?
I am an OG but never was a part of the StK clan. I enjoyed the older Halo games as well. I was also never one to just say, "adapt," as Halos changed but the way I've always approached it was that I'm either going to figure it out or wait for the next Halo title to really pick it back up again... I've had issues "getting gud," in Halo titles, so to speak. I was pretty decent at CE, gud at 2, pretty trashy at 3 (not horrible), pretty trashy at Reach (borderline average), gud at 4, and I've been the best on 5. As such sprint has never seemed to impact what my skill level is going to be in a Halo title. But the lack of sprint did half-way bore me to death (ESPECIALLY ON BIG TEAM) in Halo 3.

And to address your points...

-Weapons still spawn on maps in Arena... Here to stay for the most part.

-Warzone spawns are pretty much even... They're reminiscent of spawns in OG Halo on Blood Gultch as a matter of fact.

-Grenades don't affect gameplay very much that's why they're just equipment- as such picking them up rarely results in anything that could be considered game changing. Perks or no perks, picking up a grenade is typically an afterthought/subconscious type of action.

So to me, two movement speeds is simply more realistic... Common sense dictates that Spartans SHOULD be able to maneuver faster when the situation calls for it. Also it matches canon- Just pick up and read any Halo lore featuring Spartans engaging in combat... Every Halo novel depicts Spartans that RUN only when they HAVE TO. So that's it- adding a sense of verisimilitude to a science fiction story is not only great way to help Halo feel just a little bit more real but it's also a way for 343i to stay honest regarding Halo canon.
Realism has no place in Halo. I point to the lack of iron sights on most weapons, the warthog, the scorpion, and the mongoose.
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
Woah there, those are statistics you're tossing around that you cannot back up because they're made up... Pro sprint ALWAYS won in the polls and everyone that I've ever seen and participated in indicated that the pro sprint side won with a slam dunk.

I'm not against anti-sprinters... I do want sprint to stay, yet at the same time I understand what many of you want and would rather have in Halo... I do think that be boring and would even hurt Halo by lowering the population so naturally I just want sprint to stay in Halo games. What I do not appreciate would pro sprinters is the way they GROSSLY try to over-inflate this issue in an effort to gain more exposure than this issue genuinely deserves.

I too have issues with Halo titles- but I wait my turn and express them in respectful ways... I like to hear what others think on the issue- I do not aggressively undercut and undervalue opinions when other people simple do not agree with me (A STARK contrast to the way pro sprinters have approached this issue). I don't sit here and try to perpetuate a thread to make it grow WAY bigger than the life of an average thread in an effort to make the issue appear larger than it really is. I express my opinions peacefully in the Halo Community Feedback system and expect that others may not actually see things the way that I see them. For those things I just went over, I don't appreciate or respect how so many pro-sprinters have conducted themselves regarding this issue.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
Woah there, those are statistics you're tossing around that you cannot back up because they're made up... Pro sprint ALWAYS won in the polls and everyone that I've ever seen and participated in indicated that the pro sprint side won with a slam dunk.

I'm not against anti-sprinters... I do want sprint to stay, yet at the same time I understand what many of you want and would rather have in Halo... I do think that be boring and would even hurt Halo by lowering the population so naturally I just want sprint to stay in Halo games. What I do not appreciate would pro sprinters is the way they GROSSLY try to over-inflate this issue in an effort to gain more exposure than this issue genuinely deserves.

I too have issues with Halo titles- but I wait my turn and express them in respectful ways... I like to hear what others think on the issue- I do not aggressively undercut and undervalue opinions when other people simple do not agree with me (A STARK contrast to the way pro sprinters have approached this issue). I don't sit here and try to perpetuate a thread to make it grow WAY bigger than the life of an average thread in an effort to make the issue appear larger than it really is. I express my opinions peacefully in the Halo Community Feedback system and expect that others may not actually see things the way that I see them. For those things I just went over, I don't appreciate or respect how so many pro-sprinters have conducted themselves regarding this issue.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
-Warzone spawns are pretty much even... They're reminiscent of spawns in OG Halo on Blood Gultch as a matter of fact.

-Grenades don't affect gameplay very much that's why they're just equipment- as such picking them up rarely results in anything that could be considered game changing. Perks or no perks, picking up a grenade is typically an afterthought/subconscious type of action.

So to me, two movement speeds is simply more realistic... Common sense dictates that Spartans SHOULD be able to maneuver faster when the situation calls for it. Also it matches canon- Just pick up and read any Halo lore featuring Spartans engaging in combat... Every Halo novel depicts Spartans that RUN only when they HAVE TO. So that's it- adding a sense of verisimilitude to a science fiction story is not only great way to help Halo feel just a little bit more real but it's also a way for 343i to stay honest regarding Halo canon.
Warzone spawns are nothing like CE's, don't kid yourself. Grenades affect Halo 5's gameplay a lot, especially with the addition of grenade hitmarkers, unlike earlier games where grenades, while useful, weren't used as a constant tool to randomly find people across the map. The argument for two movement speeds being realistic and being good for the game are entirely different. You shouldn't add sprint because of lore in the same way you shouldn't design the weapon sandbox around how said weapons act in the lore. Sprint's messed up the competitive viability of the game in multiple ways and on top of it, the pace, although, the two can be intertwined, and with that, 343i can stay honest to Halo's canon in multiple other ways, that don't impact how Halo plays.
OG Nick wrote:
R4d1c47Ed wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
What? An STK OG actually supports sprint? Mind blown.

Were weapon spawns on maps here to stay before Halo 4 dropped? What about even starts? Picking up grenades without a perk? etc.

Could you explain how two movement speeds are "both necessary and beneficial" for Halo?
I am an OG but never was a part of the StK clan. I enjoyed the older Halo games as well. I was also never one to just say, "adapt," as Halos changed but the way I've always approached it was that I'm either going to figure it out or wait for the next Halo title to really pick it back up again... I've had issues "getting gud," in Halo titles, so to speak. I was pretty decent at CE, gud at 2, pretty trashy at 3 (not horrible), pretty trashy at Reach (borderline average), gud at 4, and I've been the best on 5. As such sprint has never seemed to impact what my skill level is going to be in a Halo title. But the lack of sprint did half-way bore me to death (ESPECIALLY ON BIG TEAM) in Halo 3.

And to address your points...

-Weapons still spawn on maps in Arena... Here to stay for the most part.

-Warzone spawns are pretty much even... They're reminiscent of spawns in OG Halo on Blood Gultch as a matter of fact.

-Grenades don't affect gameplay very much that's why they're just equipment- as such picking them up rarely results in anything that could be considered game changing. Perks or no perks, picking up a grenade is typically an afterthought/subconscious type of action.

So to me, two movement speeds is simply more realistic... Common sense dictates that Spartans SHOULD be able to maneuver faster when the situation calls for it. Also it matches canon- Just pick up and read any Halo lore featuring Spartans engaging in combat... Every Halo novel depicts Spartans that RUN only when they HAVE TO. So that's it- adding a sense of verisimilitude to a science fiction story is not only great way to help Halo feel just a little bit more real but it's also a way for 343i to stay honest regarding Halo canon.
Realism has no place in Halo. I point to the lack of iron sights on most weapons, the warthog, the scorpion, and the mongoose.
This is taking things out of context... I never said to make Halo actually real. Obviously it's a futuristic science fiction story. That said, it doesn't hurt to at least ground certain basic things in realism. We're talking about movement speeds, not weapon sights or design.
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
OG Nick wrote:
R4d1c47Ed wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
What? An STK OG actually supports sprint? Mind blown.

Were weapon spawns on maps here to stay before Halo 4 dropped? What about even starts? Picking up grenades without a perk? etc.

Could you explain how two movement speeds are "both necessary and beneficial" for Halo?
Realism has no place in Halo. I point to the lack of iron sights on most weapons, the warthog, the scorpion, and the mongoose.
This is taking things out of context... I never said to make Halo actually real. Obviously it's a futuristic science fiction story. That said, it doesn't hurt to at least ground certain basic things in realism. We're talking about movement speeds, not weapon sights or design.
Your argument is still grounded on the priority of realism over gameplay, which OG Nick was criticizing in general. No game should try to incorporate realistic elements into its gameplay solely for the purpose of immersion unless their game play formula is founded on said realism.
-Warzone spawns are pretty much even... They're reminiscent of spawns in OG Halo on Blood Gultch as a matter of fact.

-Grenades don't affect gameplay very much that's why they're just equipment- as such picking them up rarely results in anything that could be considered game changing. Perks or no perks, picking up a grenade is typically an afterthought/subconscious type of action.

So to me, two movement speeds is simply more realistic... Common sense dictates that Spartans SHOULD be able to maneuver faster when the situation calls for it. Also it matches canon- Just pick up and read any Halo lore featuring Spartans engaging in combat... Every Halo novel depicts Spartans that RUN only when they HAVE TO. So that's it- adding a sense of verisimilitude to a science fiction story is not only great way to help Halo feel just a little bit more real but it's also a way for 343i to stay honest regarding Halo canon.
Warzone spawns are nothing like CE's, don't kid yourself. Grenades affect Halo 5's gameplay a lot, especially with the addition of grenade hitmarkers, unlike earlier games where grenades, while useful, weren't used as a constant tool to randomly find people across the map. The argument for two movement speeds being realistic and being good for the game are entirely different. You shouldn't add sprint because of lore in the same way you shouldn't design the weapon sandbox around how said weapons act in the lore. Sprint's messed up the competitive viability of the game in multiple ways and on top of it, the pace, although, the two can be intertwined, and with that, 343i can stay honest to Halo's canon in multiple other ways, that don't impact how Halo plays.
Don't "kid," myself? AYFKM? That's the whole way you approach trying to counter somebody's point? That's almost laughable except you're actually serious in that statement... Wow.

Grenades are still just equipment- And picking them up on the map IS just an after thought. Finding a few people crouching around via tossing grenades on a whim is still such a small part of any game it's not even worthy of such a discussion, let alone as an attempt to try and counter the point that picking up grenades laying around on maps is still an after thought.

And the argument for two movement speeds IS NOT separate from this discussion. Wanting my Spartan to move like the Spartans in the Halo books is absolutely not something you can extract from this discussion. You're opinion here is actually not some condescending "shock and awe," epiphany- you're still just another pro-sprinter extremist that wants to under value the opposing point of view any way that you possible can. And Halo 5 has been enormously successful in the pro scene so how on earth can you even justify your opinion that, "sprint messed up the competitive viability of [Halo]"?? You can't other than you just prefer sprint... Which is also just an opinion- no different than mine, except I prefer to keep things in perspective...
TryHardFan wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
What links?? Couldn't you just post said links to waypoint next time? I don't use Reddit because it's a mess of replies hidden inside of replies... inside of more replies... The link you posted is just that. And the poll on Waypoint is ENTIRELY misquoted AND misrepresented!! The Reddit user tried to quote it as users stating that sprint doesn't belong in Halo- when in reality that Waypoint poll was completely convoluted- merging sprint and flinch together into the poll itself. The majority in that poll did NOT vote that sprint doesn't belong- rather that "neither mechanic belongs in Halo," because the poll
combined two separate issues into one response.
TryHardFan wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
What links?? Couldn't you just post said links to waypoint next time? I don't use Reddit because it's a mess of replies hidden inside of replies... inside of more replies... The link you posted is just that.
Then just read the opening post with all the links with the post. We shouldn't have to spoon feed this to you. Make an effort.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
What links?? Couldn't you just post said links to waypoint next time? I don't use Reddit because it's a mess of replies hidden inside of replies... inside of more replies... The link you posted is just that.
Then just read the opening post with all the links with the post. We shouldn't have to spoon feed this to you. Make an effort.
No worries- The only Waypoint poll was literally LIED about on that Reddit post anyway. I shouldn't be surprised- stretching statistics is nothing new for the anti-sprint crew... But to see anti-sprinters falsifying them entirely is a new find for me.
TryHardFan wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
What links?? Couldn't you just post said links to waypoint next time? I don't use Reddit because it's a mess of replies hidden inside of replies... inside of more replies... The link you posted is just that.
*sigh. Here's Team beyond and here's Waypoint.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
What links?? Couldn't you just post said links to waypoint next time? I don't use Reddit because it's a mess of replies hidden inside of replies... inside of more replies... The link you posted is just that.
Then just read the opening post with all the links with the post. We shouldn't have to spoon feed this to you. Make an effort.
No worry- The only Waypoint poll was literally LIED about on that Reddit post anyway. I should be surprised- stretching statistics is nothing new for the anti-sprint crew...
Well, at least you were nice enough to make it clear you're not to be taken seriously.
TryHardFan wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
What links?? Couldn't you just post said links to waypoint next time? I don't use Reddit because it's a mess of replies hidden inside of replies... inside of more replies... The link you posted is just that.
*sigh. Here's Team beyond and here's Waypoint.
*sigh* The Reddit post entirely lied about that Waypoint poll. (Refer to my previous reply to you)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 485
  4. 486
  5. 487
  6. 488
  7. 489
  8. ...
  9. 840