Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 488
  4. 489
  5. 490
  6. 491
  7. 492
  8. ...
  9. 840
"No you," "no you don't get it," like just stop it already... And stop cruising through my replies to you looking for excerpts you think you can more easily pick out because it's quite rude. If you can reply to my points then just don't respond- versus pulling out a peice of the reply. That's what people do when they're either 1) getting lazy, 2) getting beat, or 3) just cruising for easy fodder to pick out.

But you're not punished for not using sprint- you can't shoot when you're sprinting. You think that was an accident? That was developed and tuned through the Halo 5 Beta to try to cater to people like you who didn't like sprint. There are clear and distinct trade offs when one chooses to use sprint. Like I mentioned before (but you cut out), using sprint renders you ENTIRELY DEFENSELESS. I'm not sure if you read that the first time I posted it because you cut that part out in your reply so I bolded it for you this time. If you use sprint you can't shoot back... Nor do your shields even regenerate. And perhaps even most importantly- using sprint is a temporary thing. So your cat and mouse argument doesn't hold up- eventually the "cat," will indeed catch the, "mouse," when sprint wears off... Unless the cat chases incorrectly in which case it becomes the mouse for making a bad play.
I didn't cut out anything. You just added stuff to your reply after I'd replied to your comment, but do go on trying to make it seem like I'm antagonizing you. :P Or, yunno, actually think out your reply and fill it with your thoughts entirely before calling me out on that falsely, and trying to come off as the "mature" one.

Back to the topic, you are punished for not using sprint. I literally listed every reason that you'd be basically useless in a game if you didn't use sprint, versus users who did. You're at a disadvantage if you don't use it. There's no positive trade off to not using sprint outside of a fight. Bar that, when you sprint, you don't need to worry about your shields, or the guy chasing you. Just run to your teammates and you can just outnumber the guy following you. So what if you're defenseless when you're running across the map? You can still make it to your team faster than they can and raise your weapon to fight them before they reach you. It's not a temporary thing, either. Sprint in Halo 5's unlimited. You can run for as long as you need to.
Running to your teammates is a smart play. Chasing someone incorrectly is just a bad play. Are all those teammates going to be sprinting too? No- because kills are not generated by people sprinting. Kills happen when people are standing still. Sprinting is a risky decision. It can pay off by getting players to weapons and equipment faster or it can backfire during situations like the one you just described when someone chases another player into their waiting teammates. That's called a trap my friend and it's not like sprint is the culprit of someone deciding to chase incorrectly and they end up making a bad play instead.
I think he's just upset that he can't clean his kills thanks to sprint, and I get that but increased mobility is a core game mechanic in any Shooter. For example in gears of war if you can roadie run and gun you can kill someone who is just roadie running because the can't shoot back. Just like halo 5 you can sprint and shoot if you're skilled and they can shoot back. Sprint is balanced wether you like it or not. Backing SiN on this
Its time to remove sprint, i know games evolve but honestly Halo is having an identity crisis, Halo doesnt need sprint, it was fine without it, it was way more than fine, it was amazing, halo changed the face of fps games and the way developers viewed competitive multiplayer.
Halo completely changes as a game when you add sprint, its not Halo anymore, its not unique, it doesnt stand out from other games....if i wanna play as a soldier that sprints all over the map and performes all kinds of abilities ill just play titanyoink or call of yoink....
You cant remove it?? fine, implement it as an armor ability like in Halo reach and have it available only in warzone so the kiddos have something to play, but for cryin out loud you cant have a "arena style multiplayer" like the first Halo trilogy with sprint, just no...
343 you owe it to the old school halo players who still buy and play Halo titles hoping that they will relive those amazing, unforgettable memories.
I would say remove spartan charge and ground pound, keeping sprint and thrust is a good refreshing for Halo we just need maps to be more balanced for it.
Halo is a team game. Being able to continuously run away from fights speaks volumes about the team letting that happen in the first place. Proper map control turns enemies running away into funneling them into a trap instead. If the enemy team can't outshoot my team in direct combat then the chances are extremely low that running from my team is going to somehow increase their chances of winning said match. The instant someone chooses to turn and run in a gun fight on an Arena map they're already conceding- they're giving up their position, they're showing weakness that they could not win in that fight, and unless they're trying to bait someone- they're going to be weak and on the run at that point. So they can be flushed out and/or funneled without chasing and giving up map control. Or as it often does- if it becomes apparent that they're just not on the same level then you can abandon map control in favor of my personal favorite- "search and destroy," and just hunt them down and beat them as they try to run. Either way sprint simply doesn't win matches in competitive gameplay. If sprint is that impactive in a game the way you're describing it then chances are quite high that the match just wasn't competitive in the first place.
You should take a gander at OG Nick's comment to you. Very enlightening.

But you'd be lying to yourself if you think sprint doesn't affect matches or win them. You're telling me people sprinting to power weapons/powerups and getting it first won't affect how that game plays? That's just wrong, ESPECIALLY in regards to competitive play. Bar that, being able to run from fights continuously shows that you're able to put yourself into bad positions, or be outshot, but still remain unpunished for it. It doesn't show a measure of skill, nor a measure of competence from the enemy team. Same goes for the inverse of each point. It doesn't matter if them running means they concede, them running still slows the game's pace down, and doesn't net you or them the kill. Map control means nothing when your enemy runs AWAY from you, rather than to you. And hunting them down makes you lose map control, since you give up the position to follow them.
OG Nick wrote:
Noobbrett2 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
Id rather keep sprint.
Agreed
Agreed as well- but be warned. You should careful trying to debate with these anti-sprinters... They take this stuff really... REALLY seriously and they don't take kindly to people who disagree with them. :-P
We take Halo seriously because its been THE FPS we've grown up with, learned to play at a high level, studied, and sprint changes it at a fundamental level. If you were an "OG" you'd actually know that.
No one said you take Halo too seriously. When I said you take, "this stuff too seriously," I clearly meant this particular debate- as in you take "sprint or no sprint," too seriously. I was cheerfully trying to put it into perspective because this issue doesn't represent ALL of Halo- rather a mere facet of the gameplay.

I'm not trying to stat check you but for your awareness I've played about twice as much "OG" Halo 2 as you... Point is that people aren't any more or less "OG," for their views on sprint. I don't want to get into stats and I won't, but the way you're trying to boast "OG," status over others in this debate is arrogant and quite arguably unwarranted according to what I'm seeing at least.
OG Nick wrote:
Noobbrett2 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
Id rather keep sprint.
Agreed
Agreed as well- but be warned. You should careful trying to debate with these anti-sprinters... They take this stuff really... REALLY seriously and they don't take kindly to people who disagree with them. :-P
We take Halo seriously because its been THE FPS we've grown up with, learned to play at a high level, studied, and sprint changes it at a fundamental level. If you were an "OG" you'd actually know that.
No one said you take Halo too seriously. "This stuff," meant this particular debate- as in you take "sprint or no sprint," too seriously. I'm not trying to stat check you or anything but for your awareness I've played about twice as much "OG" Halo 2 as you... Point is that people aren't any more or less "OG," for their views on sprint. I don't want to get into stats and I won't, but the way you're trying to boast "OG," status is arrogant and quite arguably unwarranted according to what I'm seeing at least.
I played local play and system link H2 for at minimum 2 years straight. For hundreds of hours a month. You can't stat check the amount of time I've poured over the original xbox campaign for H2, or the multiplayer because I spent 99.9% of it offline. I take sprint seriously because I have been a Halo player for years, and have spent months in games whether on xbox live, or on local/system link. I only use the "OG" moniker because YOU brought it up in a post a few pages back. Don't try to make it out like you never claimed to be an OG. Get upset if you want, I don't care. I care about making Halo play like Halo, not like a mash up of the FPS genre.
Noobbrett2 wrote:
I think he's just upset that he can't clean his kills thanks to sprint, and I get that but increased mobility is a core game mechanic in any Shooter. For example in gears of war if you can roadie run and gun you can kill someone who is just roadie running because the can't shoot back. Just like halo 5 you can sprint and shoot if you're skilled and they can shoot back. Sprint is balanced wether you like it or not. Backing SiN on this
Of course I'm upset at that (Nice gender assumption, though), when I have someone clearly outmatched and they just run away, and I can't contest it, it gets frustrating, because it wasn't always like that, and shouldn't be. If I have you, or if you have me outmatched and clearly on the losing end, unless either of us use a proper strafe or melee/shot combo, you or I, whoever's losing, should die, without being able to run off, with no punishment. Because as it is now, there's no downside to running. It's far from balanced.

And it all goes back to the pace being slowed down exponentially than in a singular movement speed based game.
Noobbrett2 wrote:
"No you," "no you don't get it," like just stop it already... And stop cruising through my replies to you looking for excerpts you think you can more easily pick out because it's quite rude. If you can reply to my points then just don't respond- versus pulling out a peice of the reply. That's what people do when they're either 1) getting lazy, 2) getting beat, or 3) just cruising for easy fodder to pick out.

But you're not punished for not using sprint- you can't shoot when you're sprinting. You think that was an accident? That was developed and tuned through the Halo 5 Beta to try to cater to people like you who didn't like sprint. There are clear and distinct trade offs when one chooses to use sprint. Like I mentioned before (but you cut out), using sprint renders you ENTIRELY DEFENSELESS. I'm not sure if you read that the first time I posted it because you cut that part out in your reply so I bolded it for you this time. If you use sprint you can't shoot back... Nor do your shields even regenerate. And perhaps even most importantly- using sprint is a temporary thing. So your cat and mouse argument doesn't hold up- eventually the "cat," will indeed catch the, "mouse," when sprint wears off... Unless the cat chases incorrectly in which case it becomes the mouse for making a bad play.
I didn't cut out anything. You just added stuff to your reply after I'd replied to your comment, but do go on trying to make it seem like I'm antagonizing you. :P Or, yunno, actually think out your reply and fill it with your thoughts entirely before calling me out on that falsely, and trying to come off as the "mature" one.

Back to the topic, you are punished for not using sprint. I literally listed every reason that you'd be basically useless in a game if you didn't use sprint, versus users who did. You're at a disadvantage if you don't use it. There's no positive trade off to not using sprint outside of a fight. Bar that, when you sprint, you don't need to worry about your shields, or the guy chasing you. Just run to your teammates and you can just outnumber the guy following you. So what if you're defenseless when you're running across the map? You can still make it to your team faster than they can and raise your weapon to fight them before they reach you. It's not a temporary thing, either. Sprint in Halo 5's unlimited. You can run for as long as you need to.
Running to your teammates is a smart play. Chasing someone incorrectly is just a bad play. Are all those teammates going to be sprinting too? No- because kills are not generated by people sprinting. Kills happen when people are standing still. Sprinting is a risky decision. It can pay off by getting players to weapons and equipment faster or it can backfire during situations like the one you just described when someone chases another player into their waiting teammates. That's called a trap my friend and it's not like sprint is the culprit of someone deciding to chase incorrectly and they end up making a bad play instead.
I think he's just upset that he can't clean his kills thanks to sprint, and I get that but increased mobility is a core game mechanic in any Shooter. For example in gears of war if you can roadie run and gun you can kill someone who is just roadie running because the can't shoot back. Just like halo 5 you can sprint and shoot if you're skilled and they can shoot back. Sprint is balanced wether you like it or not. Backing SiN on this
I made a post about why sprint is bad. If you can debunk any of those arguments without claiming "You're bad" essentially I may come to respect your stand on the matter. And for the record in past Halo games, you had to be able to escape while constantly being shot at. Don't blather on about being unable to finish kills when the game allows for the easiest escapes in a Halo game, in history.
Noobbrett2 wrote:
"No you," "no you don't get it," like just stop it already... And stop cruising through my replies to you looking for excerpts you think you can more easily pick out because it's quite rude. If you can reply to my points then just don't respond- versus pulling out a peice of the reply. That's what people do when they're either 1) getting lazy, 2) getting beat, or 3) just cruising for easy fodder to pick out.

But you're not punished for not using sprint- you can't shoot when you're sprinting. You think that was an accident? That was developed and tuned through the Halo 5 Beta to try to cater to people like you who didn't like sprint. There are clear and distinct trade offs when one chooses to use sprint. Like I mentioned before (but you cut out), using sprint renders you ENTIRELY DEFENSELESS. I'm not sure if you read that the first time I posted it because you cut that part out in your reply so I bolded it for you this time. If you use sprint you can't shoot back... Nor do your shields even regenerate. And perhaps even most importantly- using sprint is a temporary thing. So your cat and mouse argument doesn't hold up- eventually the "cat," will indeed catch the, "mouse," when sprint wears off... Unless the cat chases incorrectly in which case it becomes the mouse for making a bad play.
.
.
I think he's just upset that he can't clean his kills thanks to sprint, and I get that but increased mobility is a core game mechanic in any Shooter. For example in gears of war if you can roadie run and gun you can kill someone who is just roadie running because the can't shoot back. Just like halo 5 you can sprint and shoot if you're skilled and they can shoot back. Sprint is balanced wether you like it or not. Backing SiN on this
Or perhaps he's upset that there's a mechanic that is favourable in most situations over other options, and that a disadvantage is made less severe, or made into an advantage, with no more decisions than mostly a knee jerk reaction, thrust then sprint.

Increased mobility is a core game mechanic in any shooter?
Tell me, did Gears of War implement jumping yet?
Halo is a team game. Being able to continuously run away from fights speaks volumes about the team letting that happen in the first place. Proper map control turns enemies running away into funneling them into a trap instead. If the enemy team can't outshoot my team in direct combat then the chances are extremely low that running from my team is going to somehow increase their chances of winning said match. The instant someone chooses to turn and run in a gun fight on an Arena map they're already conceding- they're giving up their position, they're showing weakness that they could not win in that fight, and unless they're trying to bait someone- they're going to be weak and on the run at that point. So they can be flushed out and/or funneled without chasing and giving up map control. Or as it often does- if it becomes apparent that they're just not on the same level then you can abandon map control in favor of my personal favorite- "search and destroy," and just hunt them down and beat them as they try to run. Either way sprint simply doesn't win matches in competitive gameplay. If sprint is that impactive in a game the way you're describing it then chances are quite high that the match just wasn't competitive in the first place.
You should take a gander at OG Nick's comment to you. Very enlightening.

But you'd be lying to yourself if you think sprint doesn't affect matches or win them. You're telling me people sprinting to power weapons/powerups and getting it first won't affect how that game plays? That's just wrong, ESPECIALLY in regards to competitive play. Bar that, being able to run from fights continuously shows that you're able to put yourself into bad positions, or be outshot, but still remain unpunished for it. It doesn't show a measure of skill, nor a measure of competence from the enemy team. Same goes for the inverse of each point. It doesn't matter if them running means they concede, them running still slows the game's pace down, and doesn't net you or them the kill. Map control means nothing when your enemy runs AWAY from you, rather than to you. And hunting them down makes you lose map control, since you give up the position to follow them.
Smh, yeah I'm only speaking from 72+ days of experience on Halo 5 but I guess you got me! "Just wrong," as you put it... All the people that I've dropped trying to run away must've been something I didn't see correctly... All those games that my team held down map control and thereby completely neutralized any sprinting for the enemy teams must have been "just wrong," the way I saw those games go down?

Are you even trying anymore? Or is it just easier to write off comments with, "Nope, wrong! Just wrong!!"

Games could be slowed down with sprint- except for one thing- 343i listened to fan feedback during the Halo 5 Beta and adjusted aspects to address this. When someone is shot and they start sprinting their shields are left with that SAME amount of health when they stop sprinting. So it's not like someone running away gets their shield back. It's not a continual loop of cat and mouse- map control should be retained when someone using sprint tries to run away. If you have to chase in too far then just don't do it! Wait for them to get flushed back out or just wait for your teammates to show up. Simple.
Smh, yeah I'm only speaking from 72+ days of experience but I guess you got me! "Just wrong,"
as you put it... All the people that I've dropped trying to run away must've been something I didn't see correctly... All those games that my team held down map control and thereby completely neutralized any sprinting on the enemy teams must have been "just wrong," the way I saw those games go down?

Are you even trying anymore? Or is it just easier to write off comments with, "Nope, wrong! Just wrong!!"

Games could be slowed down with sprint- except for one thing- 343i listened to fan feedback during the Halo 5 Beta and adjusted aspects to address this. When someone is shot and they start sprinting their shields are left with that SAME amount of health when they stop sprinting. So it's not like someone running away gets their shield back. It's not a continual loop of cat and mouse- map control should be retained when someone using sprint tries to run away. If you have to chase in too far then don't do! Wait for help or just wait for your teammates to show up. Simple.
You have 72+ days of playtime with only 16 of it being in Arena, which is an entirely different ballgame than Warzone, which you have 55 days in.

But to the point, your option for "not chasing too far" is to just wait, meaning the enemy has more time to get further and recharge their shields as you move to regroup, which just proves my point, since they STILL go unpunished for some time, and still get their shields back. Don't forget, shield recharge delay is SUPER short in this, nonetheless. Shorter than any other Halo.
OG Nick wrote:
OG Nick wrote:
Noobbrett2 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
Id rather keep sprint.
Agreed
Agreed as well- but be warned. You should careful trying to debate with these anti-sprinters... They take this stuff really... REALLY seriously and they don't take kindly to people who disagree with them. :-P
We take Halo seriously because its been THE FPS we've grown up with, learned to play at a high level, studied, and sprint changes it at a fundamental level. If you were an "OG" you'd actually know that.
No one said you take Halo too seriously. "This stuff," meant this particular debate- as in you take "sprint or no sprint," too seriously. I'm not trying to stat check you or anything but for your awareness I've played about twice as much "OG" Halo 2 as you... Point is that people aren't any more or less "OG," for their views on sprint. I don't want to get into stats and I won't, but the way you're trying to boast "OG," status is arrogant and quite arguably unwarranted according to what I'm seeing at least.
I played local play and system link H2 for at minimum 2 years straight. For hundreds of hours a month. You can't stat check the amount of time I've poured over the original xbox campaign for H2, or the multiplayer because I spent 99.9% of it offline. I take sprint seriously because I have been a Halo player for years, and have spent months in games whether on xbox live, or on local/system link. I only use the "OG" moniker because YOU brought it up in a post a few pages back. Don't try to make it out like you never claimed to be an OG. Get upset if you want, I don't care. I care about making Halo play like Halo, not like a mash up of the FPS genre.
Likewise on the system link deal... I'm not trying to get into a "who is more 'OG'," debate with you at all, nor am I remotely upset... I will say that I was a little surprised at what I saw when I briefly scanned over everything, but certainly not upset. What I do disagree with is you trying to use any sort or form of, "OG," status to boost your point or try to undercut pro sprinters on this because there's no reason or justification for that at all.
Smh, yeah I'm only speaking from 72+ days of experience but I guess you got me! "Just wrong,"
as you put it... All the people that I've dropped trying to run away must've been something I didn't see correctly... All those games that my team held down map control and thereby completely neutralized any sprinting on the enemy teams must have been "just wrong," the way I saw those games go down?

Are you even trying anymore? Or is it just easier to write off comments with, "Nope, wrong! Just wrong!!"

Games could be slowed down with sprint- except for one thing- 343i listened to fan feedback during the Halo 5 Beta and adjusted aspects to address this. When someone is shot and they start sprinting their shields are left with that SAME amount of health when they stop sprinting. So it's not like someone running away gets their shield back. It's not a continual loop of cat and mouse- map control should be retained when someone using sprint tries to run away. If you have to chase in too far then don't do! Wait for help or just wait for your teammates to show up. Simple.
You have 72+ days of playtime with only 16 of it being in Arena, which is an entirely different ballgame than Warzone, which you have 55 days in.

But to the point, your option for "not chasing too far" is to just wait, meaning the enemy has more time to get further and recharge their shields as you move to regroup, which just proves my point, since they STILL go unpunished for some time, and still get their shields back. Don't forget, shield recharge delay is SUPER short in this, nonetheless. Shorter than any other Halo.
No - just wait is not the only option at all. Flushing people out and/or using help from teammates are the best recourses of action if sprint is becoming a
problem for you (because it's just not a consistent problem for most people). Sometimes you might have to wait a little bit for your teammates to show up. If you have to wait too long then you should have a talk
about teamwork and/or get new teammates that work
with you better. And I've seen you play your share of Warzone too... I've yet to meet you in the ranks of Champion but keep playing and you'll get there someday.
OG Nick wrote:
OG Nick wrote:
Noobbrett2 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
Id rather keep sprint.
Agreed
Agreed as well- but be warned. You should careful trying to debate with these anti-sprinters... They take this stuff really... REALLY seriously and they don't take kindly to people who disagree with them. :-P
We take Halo seriously because its been THE FPS we've grown up with, learned to play at a high level, studied, and sprint changes it at a fundamental level. If you were an "OG" you'd actually know that.
No one said you take Halo too seriously. "This stuff," meant this particular debate- as in you take "sprint or no sprint," too seriously. I'm not trying to stat check you or anything but for your awareness I've played about twice as much "OG" Halo 2 as you... Point is that people aren't any more or less "OG," for their views on sprint. I don't want to get into stats and I won't, but the way you're trying to boast "OG," status is arrogant and quite arguably unwarranted according to what I'm seeing at least.
Likewise on the system link deal... I'm not trying to get into a "who is more 'OG'," debate with you at all, nor am I remotely upset... I will say that I was a little surprised at what I saw when I briefly scanned over everything, but certainly not upset. What I do disagree with is you trying to use any sort or form of, "OG," status to boost your point or try to undercut pro sprinters on this because there's no reason or justification for that at all.
I point out my longevity with the series to show that I have played every single FPS Halo game a lot. More than the average person. Halo plays fundamentally different with sprint. That's not nostalgia talking, that's game design facts. You still have refrained from responding to my earlier post outlining a few issues with sprint, and yet, no response to those. Are you perhaps unwilling to answer? I promise I'll respond. I mean, I don't have 72+ days to spend on it like you do, but I can scrounge up a few hours here and there I'm sure of it.
OG Nick wrote:
OG Nick wrote:
OG Nick wrote:
Noobbrett2 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
Id rather keep sprint.
Agreed
Agreed as well- but be warned. You should careful trying to debate with these anti-sprinters... They take this stuff really... REALLY seriously and they don't take kindly to people who disagree with them. :-P
We take Halo seriously because its been THE FPS we've grown up with, learned to play at a high level, studied, and sprint changes it at a fundamental level. If you were an "OG" you'd actually know that.
No one said you take Halo too seriously. "This stuff," meant this particular debate- as in you take "sprint or no sprint," too seriously. I'm not trying to stat check you or anything but for your awareness I've played about twice as much "OG" Halo 2 as you... Point is that people aren't any more or less "OG," for their views on sprint. I don't want to get into stats and I won't, but the way you're trying to boast "OG," status is arrogant and quite arguably unwarranted according to what I'm seeing at least.
Likewise on the system link deal... I'm not trying to get into a "who is more 'OG'," debate with you at all, nor am I remotely upset... I will say that I was a little surprised at what I saw when I briefly scanned over everything, but certainly not upset. What I do disagree with is you trying to use any sort or form of, "OG," status to boost your point or try to undercut pro sprinters on this because there's no reason or justification for that at all.
I point out my longevity with the series to show that I have played every single FPS Halo game a lot. More than the average person. Halo plays fundamentally different with sprint. That's not nostalgia talking, that's game design facts. You still have refrained from responding to my earlier post outlining a few issues with sprint, and yet, no response to those. Are you perhaps unwilling to answer? I promise I'll respond. I mean, I don't have 72+ days to spend on it like you do, but I can scrounge up a few hours here and there I'm sure of it.
I don't know what you're even talking about at this point... I've responded to your points as they've come up... Furthermore I really don't need to go data-mining through earlier posts from you to search for more things to argue about. And though it's true that you may not have put in as much time as me in Halo, you've certainly put in your fair share over the years so not like you can try to hold anything over me to that end either.
No - just wait is not the only option at all. Flushing people out and/or using help for teammates are the best recourses of action if sprint is becoming a
problem for you (because it's just not a consistent problem for most people). And I've seen you play your share of Warzone too... I've yet to meet you in the ranks of Champion but keep playing and you'll get there someday.
I've played my fair share of Warzone but didn't try to use it as a point for my side of the argument, much like trying to generalize a large part of Halo 5's audience, and trying to speak for them and downplay an issue, as if it's a valid point. :P But if you're going to condescend me with reaching certain arbitrary ranks in this game, of all games that this statement could be applied to, then there's no hope. It's incredible that even as a champ, you have no idea what you're talking about.
OG Nick wrote:
OG Nick wrote:
OG Nick wrote:
Noobbrett2 wrote:
Nooga wrote:
Id rather keep sprint.
Agreed
Agreed as well- but be warned. You should careful trying to debate with these anti-sprinters... They take this stuff really... REALLY seriously and they don't take kindly to people who disagree with them. :-P
We take Halo seriously because its been THE FPS we've grown up with, learned to play at a high level, studied, and sprint changes it at a fundamental level. If you were an "OG" you'd actually know that.
No one said you take Halo too seriously. "This stuff," meant this particular debate- as in you take "sprint or no sprint," too seriously. I'm not trying to stat check you or anything but for your awareness I've played about twice as much "OG" Halo 2 as you... Point is that people aren't any more or less "OG," for their views on sprint. I don't want to get into stats and I won't, but the way you're trying to boast "OG," status is arrogant and quite arguably unwarranted according to what I'm seeing at least.
Likewise on the system link deal... I'm not trying to get into a "who is more 'OG'," debate with you at all, nor am I remotely upset... I will say that I was a little surprised at what I saw when I briefly scanned over everything, but certainly not upset. What I do disagree with is you trying to use any sort or form of, "OG," status to boost your point or try to undercut pro sprinters on this because there's no reason or justification for that at all.
I point out my longevity with the series to show that I have played every single FPS Halo game a lot. More than the average person. Halo plays fundamentally different with sprint. That's not nostalgia talking, that's game design facts. You still have refrained from responding to my earlier post outlining a few issues with sprint, and yet, no response to those. Are you perhaps unwilling to answer? I promise I'll respond. I mean, I don't have 72+ days to spend on it like you do, but I can scrounge up a few hours here and there I'm sure of it.
I don't know what you're even talking about at this point... I've responded to your points as they've comeup... Furthermore I really don't need to go data-mining throughb earlier posts from you to search for more things to argue about. And though you may not have put in as much time as me in Halo, you've certainly put in your fair share over the years so not like you can try to hold anything over me to that end either.
You have responded to every one of my posts but the one I have in mind. But play it off, whatever floats your boat. I'll chalk it up to "Pro-Sprinter Ignores Logical Arguments: The Anthology"
No - just wait is not the only option at all. Flushing people out and/or using help for teammates are the best recourses of action if sprint is becoming a
problem for you (because it's just not a consistent problem for most people). And I've seen you play your share of Warzone too... I've yet to meet you in the ranks of Champion but keep playing and you'll get there someday.
I've played my fair share of Warzone but didn't try to use it as a point for my side of the argument, much like trying to generalize a large part of Halo 5's audience, and trying to speak for them and downplay an issue, as if it's a valid point. :P But if you're going to condescend me with reaching certain arbitrary ranks in this game, of all games that this statement could be applied to, then there's no hope. It's incredible that even as a champ, you have no idea what you're talking about.
I'm not trying to condescend you. You just said I was, "just wrong," so all I was saying in response was that based upon my personal experience in Halo that's what I've seen regarding sprint. Maybe you've had a different experience- the game does say that on multiplayer, "Experiences are subject to vary," so maybe sprint was more impactive in your matches. I dunno- what I do know is that based on my experiences with Halo 5 sprint just hasn't been as impactive as the way you're describing it has been for you. I don't know why or how sprint has been so bothersome to you so I'm just trying to understand I guess.
I'm not trying to condescend you. You just said I was, "just wrong," so all I was saying in response was that based upon my personal experience in Halo that's what I've seen regarding sprint. Maybe you've had a different experience- the game does say that on multiplayer, "Experiences are subject to vary," so maybe sprint was more impactive in your matches.
I said you were wrong while you continuously seem to forget the slew of paragraphs I've written past that statement to support it. It wasn't just a base statement and never was, but again, whatever. No real hope when one doesn't, and continuously fails to understand objective game design and how it impacts gameplay.
With all the changing of arguments, and ignoring of posts pro-sprinters are leaving me a tad disappointed. I thought they were made of sterner stuff.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 488
  4. 489
  5. 490
  6. 491
  7. 492
  8. ...
  9. 840