Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 489
  4. 490
  5. 491
  6. 492
  7. 493
  8. ...
  9. 840
I'm not trying to condescend you. You just said I was, "just wrong," so all I was saying in response was that based upon my personal experience in Halo that's what I've seen regarding sprint. Maybe you've had a different experience- the game does say that on multiplayer, "Experiences are subject to vary," so maybe sprint was more impactive in your matches.
I said you were wrong while you continuously seem to forget the slew of paragraphs I've written past that statement to support it. It wasn't just a base statement and never was, but again, whatever. No real hope when one doesn't, and continuously fails to understand objective game design and how it impacts gameplay.
Woah what a minute I've read and responded to your paragraphs and any such statements as they've come up. I've tried to (respectfully) respond by explaining why I felt that sprint wasn't that impactive during competitive gameplay in Halo.

I think we somehow just had different experiences in Arena but nonetheless I do understand objective game design and furthermore I understood the points you've made here about sprint- Overall I don't agree with you when it comes to sprint but as I've stated before that doesn't make you wrong or me right either. I didn't expect you to have an epiphany by debating this issue with me and/or change your mind nor did you... But I learned a little more about why people want to remove sprint so darn bad and hopefully you might have learned a bit about why people want to keep it.

I think we hit the "agree to disagree," fence when you said you felt that I had, "no idea what [I'm] talking about," even after I spent tons of time and effort to explain pro sprint rationale to you. It's things like that which make it hard to find any middle ground.
I think we somehow just had different experiences in Arena but nonetheless I do understand objective game design and furthermore I understood the points you've made here about sprint- Overall I don't agree with you when it comes to sprint but as I've stated before that doesn't make you wrong or me right either. I didn't expect you to have an epiphany by debating this issue with me and/or change your mind nor did you... But I learned a little more about why people want to remove sprint so darn bad and hopefully you might have learned an it about why people want to keep it.
I haven't learned anything about why people want to keep it past, people want to be able to escape easily, and be punished less. :P Oh, and "feel like Spartans", despite any Halo game's representation of a Spartan being far from how they're represented in lore, including Halo 5's.
I think we somehow just had different experiences in Arena but nonetheless I do understand objective game design and furthermore I understood the points you've made here about sprint- Overall I don't agree with you when it comes to sprint but as I've stated before that doesn't make you wrong or me right either. I didn't expect you to have an epiphany by debating this issue with me and/or change your mind nor did you... But I learned a little more about why people want to remove sprint so darn bad and hopefully you might have learned an it about why people want to keep it.
I haven't learned anything about why people want to keep it past, people want to be able to escape easily, and be punished less. :P Oh, and "feel like Spartans", despite any Halo game's representation of a Spartan being far from how they're represented in lore, including Halo 5's.
Well then at least I've learned a bit here tonight then... My points went deeper than "feel like Spartans," and I certainly do not agree that sprint should stay to help people escape or be punished less... If that's what you think it does then I understand why you don't like sprint. I just don't see sprint having that impact on games. I see it as enabling players with the choice to move at two speeds. I think sprint is a risk/reward action that actually results in much punishment by the sprinter if used with poor judgement... I see sprint as a tool of immersion that helps Halo feel more real- and helps reduce boredom involved with covering large expanses of space... Anyway now I'm getting into repeating myself- I laid down many more points here tonight and I don't want to perpetuate this with you but at the same you sort of summarized my points tonight wrong there so I just briefly wanted to clarify before we part ways on the topic.
I think we somehow just had different experiences in Arena but nonetheless I do understand objective game design and furthermore I understood the points you've made here about sprint- Overall I don't agree with you when it comes to sprint but as I've stated before that doesn't make you wrong or me right either. I didn't expect you to have an epiphany by debating this issue with me and/or change your mind nor did you... But I learned a little more about why people want to remove sprint so darn bad and hopefully you might have learned an it about why people want to keep it.
I haven't learned anything about why people want to keep it past, people want to be able to escape easily, and be punished less. :P Oh, and "feel like Spartans", despite any Halo game's representation of a Spartan being far from how they're represented in lore, including Halo 5's.
Well then at least I've learned a bit here tonight then... My points went deeper than "feel like Spartans," and I certainly do not agree that sprint should stay to help people escape or be punished less... If that's what you think it does then I understand why you don't like sprint. I just don't see sprint having that impact on games. I see it as enabling players with the choice to move at two speeds. I think sprint is a risk/reward action that actually results in much punishment by the sprinter if used with poor judgement... Anyway now I'm getting into repeating myself- I laid down many more point and I don't want to perpetuate this with you but at the same you sort of summarized my points tonight wrong there so just briefly clarifying before we part ways on the topic at this point.
Day 343, still waiting on response to arguments. Losing hope. Send aid soon.
OG Nick wrote:
I think we somehow just had different experiences in Arena but nonetheless I do understand objective game design and furthermore I understood the points you've made here about sprint- Overall I don't agree with you when it comes to sprint but as I've stated before that doesn't make you wrong or me right either. I didn't expect you to have an epiphany by debating this issue with me and/or change your mind nor did you... But I learned a little more about why people want to remove sprint so darn bad and hopefully you might have learned an it about why people want to keep it.
I haven't learned anything about why people want to keep it past, people want to be able to escape easily, and be punished less. :P Oh, and "feel like Spartans", despite any Halo game's representation of a Spartan being far from how they're represented in lore, including Halo 5's.
Well then at least I've learned a bit here tonight then... My points went deeper than "feel like Spartans," and I certainly do not agree that sprint should stay to help people escape or be punished less... If that's what you think it does then I understand why you don't like sprint. I just don't see sprint having that impact on games. I see it as enabling players with the choice to move at two speeds. I think sprint is a risk/reward action that actually results in much punishment by the sprinter if used with poor judgement... Anyway now I'm getting into repeating myself- I laid down many more point and I don't want to perpetuate this with you but at the same you sort of summarized my points tonight wrong there so just briefly clarifying before we part ways on the topic at this point.
Day 343, still waiting on response to arguments. Losing hope. Send aid soon.
Jeez man... You need to let it go just a bit and bring it down a notch. This is one small facet of gameplay. Whatever arguments you may have posted are not some sort of thesis. Threads come and go- they have a lifespan. So whatever you posted will be gone-
its not like it's etched in stone and all who pass by these forums must read and respond before they go. Either way what you said to me, I responded to. What you may have said before I got to the thread, I do not know or care tbh.
Well then at least I've learned a bit here tonight then... My points went deeper than "feel like Spartans," and I certainly do not agree that sprint should stay to help people escape or be punished less... If that's what you think it does then I understand why you don't like sprint. I just don't see sprint having that impact on games. I see it as enabling players with the choice to move at two speeds. I think sprint is a risk/reward action that actually results in much punishment by the sprinter if used with poor judgement... Anyway now I'm getting into repeating myself- I laid down many more point and I don't want to perpetuate this with you but at the same you sort of summarized my points tonight wrong there so just briefly clarifying before we part ways on the topic at this point.
Well, it isn't a R&R action, short and simple. You can argue it however you want, but unfortunately, you're wrong. No ifs, ands, or buts. You can like sprint, that's fine, but to deny and downplay its objective effect on gameplay and pacing is wrong. As is perpetrating the idea that granting two movement speeds for "player choice" is somehow good for the game, or players.
Well then at least I've learned a bit here tonight then... My points went deeper than "feel like Spartans," and I certainly do not agree that sprint should stay to help people escape or be punished less... If that's what you think it does then I understand why you don't like sprint. I just don't see sprint having that impact on games. I see it as enabling players with the choice to move at two speeds. I think sprint is a risk/reward action that actually results in much punishment by the sprinter if used with poor judgement... Anyway now I'm getting into repeating myself- I laid down many more point and I don't want to perpetuate this with you but at the same you sort of summarized my points tonight wrong there so just briefly clarifying before we part ways on the topic at this point.
Well, it isn't a R&R action, short and simple. You can argue it however you want, but unfortunately, you're wrong. No ifs, ands, or buts. You can like sprint, that's fine, but to deny and downplay its objective effect on gameplay and pacing is wrong. As is perpetrating the idea that granting two movement speeds for "player choice" is somehow good for the game, or players.
See that's the issue - if you're going to come into a debate with, "you're wrong," stuck on your mind then how could we ever possibly debate this at all? And although I admittedly feel you're equally as "wrong," in your opinion against sprint I'm certainly objective enough to hear you out. Similarly I say it's fine that you don't like sprint but I don't agree with you regarding your perception of sprints effect on gameplay or pacing. Difference is that I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you're wrong- it's disrespectful if you feel you're right. But I'm not going to allow you to tell me that I'm wrong either. Agreeing to disagree makes sense to me, and that's about as far as we'll come on this issue.

The only thing I truly think you're wrong about in a debate involving opinions is you telling me that I'm wrong...
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
What links?? Couldn't you just post said links to waypoint next time? I don't use Reddit because it's a mess of replies hidden inside of replies... inside of more replies... The link you posted is just that.
Then just read the opening post with all the links with the post. We shouldn't have to spoon feed this to you. Make an effort.
No worry- The only Waypoint poll was literally LIED about on that Reddit post anyway. I should be surprised- stretching statistics is nothing new for the anti-sprint crew...
Well, at least you were nice enough to make it clear you're not to be taken seriously.
Says the guy who literally disappears anytime that he can't counter a point... You've done this twice in the past with me in this thread so I'd be surprised to see you take anyone seriously in this debate... That is if they don't agree with you.
I don't know who you are, don't flatter yourself.

I get it. It stinks when you see proof of the opposite what you said. Denial is normal, but when you're ready to have a real discussion, let us know. But now we know you'll just resort to, "LIES!", so you'll need to first prove you're open to discussion.
No games played on that profile of yours... Funny how you seem to have such a strong opinion about a game that you never tried to play. Unless of course there are other accounts of yours out there but you'd never do that right? Well hey if you ever choose to actually play Halo you'd probably find that sprint isn't as bad as you're portraying it.
Are you ready to accept the polls we showed you or should I just wait until you cool down and come to grips with it?
The Waypoint poll was lied about on Reddit. That Reddit user incorrectly quoted that poll and probably figured that linking some poor qualty YouTube video about it INSTEAD of the poll itself would help mask that person's bias on the issue and the way they completely lied about that poll.
you're making some bold claims there, you got some evidence to back up you accusations...
you cannot link to the original poll anymore because that version of waypoint has been taken down and that reddit user used the last data still available, it might not be the best way of publishing those results but accusing that user of lying is making you look rather desperate
Sprint is great.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
What links?? Couldn't you just post said links to waypoint next time? I don't use Reddit because it's a mess of replies hidden inside of replies... inside of more replies... The link you posted is just that.
Then just read the opening post with all the links with the post. We shouldn't have to spoon feed this to you. Make an effort.
No worry- The only Waypoint poll was literally LIED about on that Reddit post anyway. I should be surprised- stretching statistics is nothing new for the anti-sprint crew...
Well, at least you were nice enough to make it clear you're not to be taken seriously.
Says the guy who literally disappears anytime that he can't counter a point... You've done this twice in the past with me in this thread so I'd be surprised to see you take anyone seriously in this debate... That is if they don't agree with you.
I don't know who you are, don't flatter yourself.

I get it. It stinks when you see proof of the opposite what you said. Denial is normal, but when you're ready to have a real discussion, let us know. But now we know you'll just resort to, "LIES!", so you'll need to first prove you're open to discussion.
No games played on that profile of yours... Funny how you seem to have such a strong opinion about a game that you never tried to play. Unless of course there are other accounts of yours out there but you'd never do that right? Well hey if you ever choose to actually play Halo you'd probably find that sprint isn't as bad as you're portraying it.
Are you ready to accept the polls we showed you or should I just wait until you cool down and come to grips with it?
The Waypoint poll was lied about on Reddit. That Reddit user incorrectly quoted that poll and probably figured that linking some poor qualty YouTube video about it INSTEAD of the poll itself would help mask that person's bias on the issue and the way they completely lied about that poll.
you're making some bold claims there, you got some evidence to back up you accusations...
you cannot link to the original poll anymore because that version of waypoint has been taken down and that reddit user used the last data still available, it might not be the best way of publishing those results but accusing that user of lying is making you look rather desperate
Yeah the Reddit post said users on that Waypoint poll voted against sprint- that video clearly shows that people were voting against flinch & sprint- the creator of that Waypoint poll actually lumped the two together. So on the contrary, I'd say it was rather desperate for that Reddit user to extract something different out of that poll then what it really was... The results were skewed either way- you can't lump two mechanics together in a poll in the SAME RESPONSE on that poll anyway... And even if you try to, you could never go back later and try to pull out one or the other when referring to the results of that poll. Those "results," are skewed beyond the point of that Reddit user having bias against sprint and/or exaggerating the "results,"- at that point it's straight up lying.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...
The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.
I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.
But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.
Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
What links?? Couldn't you just post said links to waypoint next time? I don't use Reddit because it's a mess of replies hidden inside of replies... inside of more replies... The link you posted is just that.
Then just read the opening post with all the links with the post. We shouldn't have to spoon feed this to you. Make an effort.
No worry- The only Waypoint poll was literally LIED about on that Reddit post anyway. I should be surprised- stretching statistics is nothing new for the anti-sprint crew...
Well, at least you were nice enough to make it clear you're not to be taken seriously.
Says the guy who literally disappears anytime that he can't counter a point... You've done this twice in the past with me in this thread so I'd be surprised to see you take anyone seriously in this debate... That is if they don't agree with you.
I don't know who you are, don't flatter yourself.
I get it. It stinks when you see proof of the opposite what you said. Denial is normal, but when you're ready to have a real discussion, let us know. But now we know you'll just resort to, "LIES!", so you'll need to first prove you're open to discussion.
No games played on that profile of yours... Funny how you seem to have such a strong opinion about a game that you never tried to play. Unless of course there are other accounts of yours out there but you'd never do that right? Well hey if you ever choose to actually play Halo you'd probably find that sprint isn't as bad as you're portraying it.
Are you ready to accept the polls we showed you or should I just wait until you cool down and come to grips with it?
The Waypoint poll was lied about on Reddit. That Reddit user incorrectly quoted that poll and probably figured that linking some poor qualty YouTube video about it INSTEAD of the poll itself would help mask that person's bias on the issue and the way they completely lied about that poll.
you're making some bold claims there, you got some evidence to back up you accusations...
you cannot link to the original poll anymore because that version of waypoint has been taken down and that reddit user used the last data still available, it might not be the best way of publishing those results but accusing that user of lying is making you look rather desperate
Yeah the Reddit post said users on that Waypoint poll voted against sprint- that video clearly shows that people were voting against flinch & sprint- the creator of that Waypoint poll actually lumped the two together. So on the contrary, I'd say it was rather desperate for that Reddit user to extract something different out of that poll then what it really was...
that poll had 4 options available:

    • no sprint/no flinch
    • no sprint/ flinch
-> counted toward "anti sprint"

    • sprint/no flinch
  • sprint/flinch
-> counted toward "pro sprint"
it doesn't matter if flinch was part of that poll as well, people had every option they needed to show their true believe, please try to think before posting....
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
What links?? Couldn't you just post said links to waypoint next time? I don't use Reddit because it's a mess of replies hidden inside of replies... inside of more replies... The link you posted is just that.
Then just read the opening post with all the links with the post. We shouldn't have to spoon feed this to you. Make an effort.
No worry- The only Waypoint poll was literally LIED about on that Reddit post anyway. I should be surprised- stretching statistics is nothing new for the anti-sprint crew...
Well, at least you were nice enough to make it clear you're not to be taken seriously.
Says the guy who literally disappears anytime that he can't counter a point... You've done this twice in the past with me in this thread so I'd be surprised to see you take anyone seriously in this debate... That is if they don't agree with you.
I don't know who you are, don't flatter yourself.

I get it. It stinks when you see proof of the opposite what you said. Denial is normal, but when you're ready to have a real discussion, let us know. But now we know you'll just resort to, "LIES!", so you'll need to first prove you're open to discussion.
No games played on that profile of yours... Funny how you seem to have such a strong opinion about a game that you never tried to play. Unless of course there are other accounts of yours out there but you'd never do that right? Well hey if you ever choose to actually play Halo you'd probably find that sprint isn't as bad as you're portraying it.
Are you ready to accept the polls we showed you or should I just wait until you cool down and come to grips with it?
The Waypoint poll was lied about on Reddit. That Reddit user incorrectly quoted that poll and probably figured that linking some poor qualty YouTube video about it INSTEAD of the poll itself would help mask that person's bias on the issue and the way they completely lied about that poll.
you're making some bold claims there, you got some evidence to back up you accusations...
you cannot link to the original poll anymore because that version of waypoint has been taken down and that reddit user used the last data still available, it might not be the best way of publishing those results but accusing that user of lying is making you look rather desperate
Yeah the Reddit post said users on that Waypoint poll voted against sprint- that video clearly shows that people were voting against flinch & sprint- the creator of that Waypoint poll actually lumped the two together. So on the contrary, I'd say it was rather desperate for that Reddit user to extract something different out of that poll then what it really was... The results were skewed either way- you can't lump two mechanics together in a poll in the SAME RESPONSE on that poll anyway... And even if you try to, you could never go back later and try to pull out one or the other when referring to the results of that poll. Those "results," are skewed beyond the point even that Reddit user having bias against sprint- at that point it's straight up lying.
They should have at least separated the two to receive a more accurate answer. Because I know that 101% of the community hated flinching and adding Sprinting into that poll just makes it look bad. It's as if Sprinting is taking the hit with flinching, which I think is wrong.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
What links?? Couldn't you just post said links to waypoint next time? I don't use Reddit because it's a mess of replies hidden inside of replies... inside of more replies... The link you posted is just that.
Then just read the opening post with all the links with the post. We shouldn't have to spoon feed this to you. Make an effort.
No worry- The only Waypoint poll was literally LIED about on that Reddit post anyway. I should be surprised- stretching statistics is nothing new for the anti-sprint crew...
Well, at least you were nice enough to make it clear you're not to be taken seriously.
Says the guy who literally disappears anytime that he can't counter a point... You've done this twice in the past with me in this thread so I'd be surprised to see you take anyone seriously in this debate... That is if they don't agree with you.
I don't know who you are, don't flatter yourself.

I get it. It stinks when you see proof of the opposite what you said. Denial is normal, but when you're ready to have a real discussion, let us know. But now we know you'll just resort to, "LIES!", so you'll need to first prove you're open to discussion.
No games played on that profile of yours... Funny how you seem to have such a strong opinion about a game that you never tried to play. Unless of course there are other accounts of yours out there but you'd never do that right? Well hey if you ever choose to actually play Halo you'd probably find that sprint isn't as bad as you're portraying it.
Are you ready to accept the polls we showed you or should I just wait until you cool down and come to grips with it?
The Waypoint poll was lied about on Reddit. That Reddit user incorrectly quoted that poll and probably figured that linking some poor qualty YouTube video about it INSTEAD of the poll itself would help mask that person's bias on the issue and the way they completely lied about that poll.
you're making some bold claims there, you got some evidence to back up you accusations...
Yeah the Reddit post said users on that Waypoint poll voted against sprint- that video clearly shows that people were voting against flinch & sprint- the creator of that Waypoint poll actually lumped the two together. So on the contrary, I'd say it was rather desperate for that Reddit user to extract something different out of that poll then what it really was...
that poll had 4 options available:
  • no sprint/no flinch
  • no sprint/ flinch
-> counted toward "anti sprint"

  • sprint/no flinch
  • sprint/flinch
-> counted toward "pro sprint"

it doesn't matter if flisnch was part of that poll as well, people had every option they needed to show their true believe, please try to think before posting....
No, flinch and sprint are completely DIFFERENT mechanics. You absolutely cannot try to differentiate those results into sub categories like that. That's called self-serving bias and it's lying. To use those, "results," from that poll in such a way is falsifying the data and it's completely inaccurate and WHOLLY misleading. It's grossly inaccurate for so many reasons you simply cannot even be serious when you try to defend it as such.

I don't even care that much about sprint tbh... I do want it to stay- I have stated all my reasons for wanting sprint to stay. But in the end of the day it's mainly just about my opinions on the matter and I know that. I would never try to lie about something by perpetuating false results from a poll. Whoever that Reddit user is knowingly falsified the data the same way you're trying to explain it right now. The poll looks real- though it's fishy that it cannot be cited... However even in that video the way sprint and flinch were lumped together into the SAME RESPONSES indicates they cannot be used later on for either sprint or flinch separately... I would argue the results can't be used at all since more people hate flinch therefore users would be more likely to check the "anti-flinch/sprint," option. A true census needs to actually separate those two mechanics from the same poll, but NO WAY on gods green earth could they be counted in the SAME RESPONSE on the poll.
See that's the issue - if you're going to come into a debate with, "you're wrong," stuck on your mind then how could we ever possibly debate this at all? And although I admittedly feel you're equally as "wrong," in your opinion against sprint I'm certainly objective enough to hear you out. Similarly I say it's fine that you don't like sprint but I don't agree with you regarding your perception of sprints effect on gameplay or pacing. Difference is that I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you're wrong- it's disrespectful if you feel you're right. But I'm not going to allow you to tell me that I'm wrong either. Agreeing to disagree makes sense to me, and that's about as far as we'll come on this issue.

The only thing I truly think you're wrong about in a debate involving opinions is you telling me that I'm wrong...
Except this isn't an opinion. It's literally game design. You can't tell me I'm outright wrong about why I dislike sprint because what I say IS true and not even a matter of opinion. You can entirely go on about whether or not you like the fact as it's laid out, but you cannot at all disprove, or say I'm actually wrong, because what I say is legitimately right. If you don't agree with how it affects gameplay, map design, or pacing, then you're wrong, because it's been proven in game and outside of it.

I'm not gonna sugar coat it and just go to "Oh, it's just your opinion, mang", because it's more than just that. It's a fact. And it's NOT disrespectful to reinforce that. I don't "feel" like I'm right, I am right. Whether or not you like it is one thing, but to disagree against a fact is just wrong whichever way you look at it. It's not even a debate at that. It's just stating how sprint affects the game and why it should be out, not in, because there's no reason it should be in, be it competitively, or casually bar maybe campaign, where immersion and sandbox ruining weapons/abilities can reign supreme.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...
The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.
I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.
But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.
Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
What links?? Couldn't you just post said links to waypoint next time? I don't use Reddit because it's a mess of replies hidden inside of replies... inside of more replies... The link you posted is just that.
Then just read the opening post with all the links with the post. We shouldn't have to spoon feed this to you. Make an effort.
No worry- The only Waypoint poll was literally LIED about on that Reddit post anyway. I should be surprised- stretching statistics is nothing new for the anti-sprint crew...
Well, at least you were nice enough to make it clear you're not to be taken seriously.
Says the guy who literally disappears anytime that he can't counter a point... You've done this twice in the past with me in this thread so I'd be surprised to see you take anyone seriously in this debate... That is if they don't agree with you.
I don't know who you are, don't flatter yourself.
I get it. It stinks when you see proof of the opposite what you said. Denial is normal, but when you're ready to have a real discussion, let us know. But now we know you'll just resort to, "LIES!", so you'll need to first prove you're open to discussion.
No games played on that profile of yours... Funny how you seem to have such a strong opinion about a game that you never tried to play. Unless of course there are other accounts of yours out there but you'd never do that right? Well hey if you ever choose to actually play Halo you'd probably find that sprint isn't as bad as you're portraying it.
Are you ready to accept the polls we showed you or should I just wait until you cool down and come to grips with it?
The Waypoint poll was lied about on Reddit. That Reddit user incorrectly quoted that poll and probably figured that linking some poor qualty YouTube video about it INSTEAD of the poll itself would help mask that person's bias on the issue and the way they completely lied about that poll.
you're making some bold claims there, you got some evidence to back up you accusations...
you cannot link to the original poll anymore because that version of waypoint has been taken down and that reddit user used the last data still available, it might not be the best way of publishing those results but accusing that user of lying is making you look rather desperate
Yeah the Reddit post said users on that Waypoint poll voted against sprint- that video clearly shows that people were voting against flinch & sprint- the creator of that Waypoint poll actually lumped the two together. So on the contrary, I'd say it was rather desperate for that Reddit user to extract something different out of that poll then what it really was...
that poll had 4 options available:

    • no sprint/no flinch
    • no sprint/ flinch
-> counted toward "anti sprint"

    • sprint/no flinch
    • sprint/flinch
-> counted toward "pro sprint"
it doesn't matter if flisnch was part of that poll as well, people had every option they needed to show their true believe, please try to think before posting....
No, flinch and sprint are completely DIFFERENT mechanics. You absolutely cannot try to differentiate those results into sub categories like that. That's called self-serving bias and it's lying. To use those, "results," from that poll in such a way is falsifying the data and it's completely inaccurate.
"Self-serving bias refers to people's tendency to attribute positive outcomes to personal factors, but attribute negative outcomes to external factors. In other words, "If it's a success, it's because of me. If it's a failure, it's because of someone or something else."
so no, it's not really self-serving bias nor lying nor is it falsifying data...
I'd agree if there were only two options available: "No sprint/no flinch" or "sprint+flinch" but not in the way they presented the poll...

I think the word you were looking for is "Self-selection bias" (that thing josh holmes used to show that 343 will not care for community polls...) and yes, that is where I'd agree to some degree
See that's the issue - if you're going to come into a debate with, "you're wrong," stuck on your mind then how could we ever possibly debate this at all? And although I admittedly feel you're equally as "wrong," in your opinion against sprint I'm certainly objective enough to hear you out. Similarly I say it's fine that you don't like sprint but I don't agree with you regarding your perception of sprints effect on gameplay or pacing. Difference is that I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you're wrong- it's disrespectful if you feel you're right. But I'm not going to allow you to tell me that I'm wrong either. Agreeing to disagree makes sense to me, and that's about as far as we'll come on this issue.

The only thing I truly think you're wrong about in a debate involving opinions is you telling me that I'm wrong...
Except this isn't an opinion. It's literally game design. You can't tell me I'm outright wrong about why I dislike sprint because what I say IS true and not even a matter of opinion. You can entirely go on about whether or not you like the fact as it's laid out, but you cannot at all disprove, or say I'm actually wrong, because what I say is legitimately right. If you don't agree with how it affects gameplay, map design, or pacing, then you're wrong, because it's been proven in game and outside of it.

I'm not gonna sugar coat it and just go to "Oh, it's just your opinion, mang", because it's more than just that. It's a fact. And it's NOT disrespectful to reinforce that. I don't "feel" like I'm right, I am right. Whether or not you like it is one thing, but to disagree against a fact is just wrong whichever way you look at it. It's not even a debate at that. It's just stating how sprint affects the game and why it should be out, not in, because there's no reason it should be in, be it competitively, or casually bar maybe campaign, where immersion and sandbox ruining weapons/abilities can reign supreme.
I've heard you go on and on about feeling that you're right. But what you and I discussed at length tonight was a plethora of opinions that you have to think that you're right. I cannot allow you to tell me I'm wrong on the matter because it's my right to formulate my own opinion on the subject. So... no I don't agree with you- you have zero evidence to "prove," you're right about anything on sprint. Just like I don't have evidence to disprove your opinions or prove my own. We both have opinions on the matter- and even things such as polls may be calculated and measured as quantitative statistics but in the end they are opinions from other users about sprint. It still ultimately comes down to how you feel about sprint versus how I feel about it. In your mind you may be right- I'll give you that... To other people that share your opinion you still may be "right." But in this debate with me about sprint you cannot claim that my opinion is wrong because you think yours is more right.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...
The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.
I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.
But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.
Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
What links?? Couldn't you just post said links to waypoint next time? I don't use Reddit because it's a mess of replies hidden inside of replies... inside of more replies... The link you posted is just that.
Then just read the opening post with all the links with the post. We shouldn't have to spoon feed this to you. Make an effort.
No worry- The only Waypoint poll was literally LIED about on that Reddit post anyway. I should be surprised- stretching statistics is nothing new for the anti-sprint crew...
Well, at least you were nice enough to make it clear you're not to be taken seriously.
Says the guy who literally disappears anytime that he can't counter a point... You've done this twice in the past with me in this thread so I'd be surprised to see you take anyone seriously in this debate... That is if they don't agree with you.
I don't know who you are, don't flatter yourself.
I get it. It stinks when you see proof of the opposite what you said. Denial is normal, but when you're ready to have a real discussion, let us know. But now we know you'll just resort to, "LIES!", so you'll need to first prove you're open to discussion.
No games played on that profile of yours... Funny how you seem to have such a strong opinion about a game that you never tried to play. Unless of course there are other accounts of yours out there but you'd never do that right? Well hey if you ever choose to actually play Halo you'd probably find that sprint isn't as bad as you're portraying it.
Are you ready to accept the polls we showed you or should I just wait until you cool down and come to grips with it?
The Waypoint poll was lied about on Reddit. That Reddit user incorrectly quoted that poll and probably figured that linking some poor qualty YouTube video about it INSTEAD of the poll itself would help mask that person's bias on the issue and the way they completely lied about that poll.
you're making some bold claims there, you got some evidence to back up you accusations...
you cannot link to the original poll anymore because that version of waypoint has been taken down and that reddit user used the last data still available, it might not be the best way of publishing those results but accusing that user of lying is making you look rather desperate
Yeah the Reddit post said users on that Waypoint poll voted against sprint- that video clearly shows that people were voting against flinch & sprint- the creator of that Waypoint poll actually lumped the two together. So on the contrary, I'd say it was rather desperate for that Reddit user to extract something different out of that poll then what it really was...
"Self-serving bias refers to people's tendency to attribute positive outcomes to personal factors, but attribute negative outcomes to external factors. In other words, "If it's a success, it's because of me. If it's a failure, it's because of someone or something else."
so no, it's not really self-serving bias nor lying nor is it falsifying data...
I'd agree if there were only two options available: "No sprint/no flinch" or "sprint+flinch" but not in the way they presented the poll...
To falsify the results of that poll in order to perpetuate their argument against sprint actually is self serving bias. Apologies as that wasn't intuitive the way I described it in my previous post so I'll try to explain better. You see, that Reddit user wanted to make people that read that post believe that more people dislike sprint than there actually are. So the self serving bias part comes into to play when they falsify data to try to over-inflate the issue. Because of them they are over-inflating the sprint issue by lying about the results of polls like that. Their intent was "I want to over inflate this issue," when other people read my post and they met that intent by flat out lying about results from that poll. That person couldn't successfully argue against sprint on their own so they tried to make it look like more people were with them in their debate against sprint. Their stance against sprint is therefore based upon a false perception that they're backed by more people than they actually are but in reality it's a just lie.
I've heard you go on and on about feeling that you're right. But what you and I discussed at length tonight was a plethora of opinions that you have to think that you're right. I cannot allow you to tell me I'm wrong on the matter because it's my right to formulate my own opinion on the subject. So... no I don't agree with you- you have zero evidence to "prove," you're right about anything on sprint. Just like I don't have evidence to disprove your opinions or prove my own. We both have opinions on the matter- even polls may be calculated and measured as quantitative statistics
but in the end they are opinions from other users about sprint.
Bruh. There're multiple ways in which I could prove my side, one such prominent example being map design with things like Midship and Heretic, compared to Truth. And to add to that, trying to discredit what I say as merely an "opinion" just shows how little you have to offer in regards to an argument (That is discounting earlier arguments such as the 72+ days of experience, most of it in sprint-heavy Warzone. :P). It all just comes back to "it's just an opinion, bro", which it isn't. That's just a weak cop-out response that says nothing more than "I have nothing else to argue because I can't".

If you think the past 4 hours worth of paragraphs of content from myself and other users who know these games inside and out is somehow "zero evidence" then you'd be wrong. You can literally prove it yourself, on your own console which I doubt you'd do, nonetheless. But again, it boils down to a deeper understanding of how these games work at a base mechanical level, an understanding you may not have, which is fine and I'm not attacking you for or getting firm with that. What I'm getting firm with is the constant use of "opinion" as if it's a valid defense for a flawed argument, which it isn't.

How sprint affects the game isn't an opinion. It's a fact. Like it or hate it. It's a fact. Unarguable. You can like sprint for immersion, but to say it has any positive upside is just a "nope" thing. There are no upsides, nor any reason it should stay, bar campaign immersion.
I've heard you go on and on about feeling that you're right. But what you and I discussed at length tonight was a plethora of opinions that you have to think that you're right. I cannot allow you to tell me I'm wrong on the matter because it's my right to formulate my own opinion on the subject. So... no I don't agree with you- you have zero evidence to "prove," you're right about anything on sprint. Just like I don't have evidence to disprove your opinions or prove my own. We both have opinions on the matter- even polls may be calculated and measured as quantitative statistics
but in the end they are opinions from other users about sprint.
Bruh. There're multiple ways in which I could prove my side, one such prominent example being map design with things like Midship and Heretic, compared to Truth. And to add to that, trying to discredit what I say as merely an "opinion" just shows how little you have to offer in regards to an argument (That is discounting earlier arguments such as the 72+ days of experience, most of it in sprint-heavy Warzone. :P). It all just comes back to "it's just an opinion, bro", which it isn't. That's just a weak cop-out response that says nothing more than "I have nothing else to argue because I can't".

If you think the past 4 hours worth of paragraphs of content from myself and other users who know these games inside and out is somehow "zero evidence" then you'd be wrong. You can literally prove it yourself, on your own console which I doubt you'd do, nonetheless. But again, it boils down to a deeper understanding of how these games work at a base mechanical level, an understanding you may not have, which is fine and I'm not attacking you for or getting firm with that. What I'm getting firm with is the constant use of "opinion" as if it's a valid defense for a flawed argument, which it isn't.

How sprint affects the game isn't an opinion. It's a fact. Like it or hate it. It's a fact. Unarguable. You can like sprint for immersion, but to say it has any positive upside is just a "nope" thing. There are no upsides, nor any reason it should stay, bar campaign immersion.
Oh the subtle jabs, how eloquent... You forgot about the 95+ days I've got on MCC, let alone all the other Halo games. I was trying to be nice by "agreeing to disagree," but allow me to direct. You're wrong when you tell me I'm wrong. You're absolutely as wrong as can be- you have no deeper understanding of "how the game works at a base mechanical level," than I do and sure you spent hours going back and forth about how you "feel," sprint is a detriment to the game on "mechanical levels," "personal levels," and every other level you felt you needed to talk about and I heard you out... But I do NOT agree with your opinions and that's what they are. You didn't lay down some trail of right in your posts tonight to prove why sprint is bad or anything like that. You made points- multiple legitimate points to back up the way you... FEEL sprint is a detriment to the game. Key word being "feel," because that's your opinion. You're not any more right on the subject because you think in your own head that your opinion on sprint is right. Your own sense of deductive reasoning to try and conclude that my pro sprint opinion is therefore somehow wrong as a result is just skewed. No my opinion is not wrong- yours is not anymore right either.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
That post has polls from waypoint, team beyond, and Reddit. Please pay attention to the links people post next time.
What links?? Couldn't you just post said links to waypoint next time? I don't use Reddit because it's a mess of replies hidden inside of replies... inside of more replies... The link you posted is just that.
Then just read the opening post with all the links with the post. We shouldn't have to spoon feed this to you. Make an effort.
No worry- The only Waypoint poll was literally LIED about on that Reddit post anyway. I should be surprised- stretching statistics is nothing new for the anti-sprint crew...
Well, at least you were nice enough to make it clear you're not to be taken seriously.
Says the guy who literally disappears anytime that he can't counter a point... You've done this twice in the past with me in this thread so I'd be surprised to see you take anyone seriously in this debate... That is if they don't agree with you.
I don't know who you are, don't flatter yourself.

I get it. It stinks when you see proof of the opposite what you said. Denial is normal, but when you're ready to have a real discussion, let us know. But now we know you'll just resort to, "LIES!", so you'll need to first prove you're open to discussion.
No games played on that profile of yours... Funny how you seem to have such a strong opinion about a game that you never tried to play. Unless of course there are other accounts of yours out there but you'd never do that right? Well hey if you ever choose to actually play Halo you'd probably find that sprint isn't as bad as you're portraying it.
Are you ready to accept the polls we showed you or should I just wait until you cool down and come to grips with it?
The Waypoint poll was lied about on Reddit. That Reddit user incorrectly quoted that poll and probably figured that linking some poor qualty YouTube video about it INSTEAD of the poll itself would help mask that person's bias on the issue and the way they completely lied about that poll.
you're making some bold claims there, you got some evidence to back up you accusations...
Yeah the Reddit post said users on that Waypoint poll voted against sprint- that video clearly shows that people were voting against flinch & sprint- the creator of that Waypoint poll actually lumped the two together. So on the contrary, I'd say it was rather desperate for that Reddit user to extract something different out of that poll then what it really was...
that poll had 4 options available:
  • no sprint/no flinch
  • no sprint/ flinch
-> counted toward "anti sprint"

  • sprint/no flinch
  • sprint/flinch
-> counted toward "pro sprint"

it doesn't matter if flisnch was part of that poll as well, people had every option they needed to show their true believe, please try to think before posting....
No, flinch and sprint are completely DIFFERENT mechanics. You absolutely cannot try to differentiate those results into sub categories like that. That's called self-serving bias and it's lying. To use those, "results," from that poll in such a way is falsifying the data and it's completely inaccurate and WHOLLY misleading. It's grossly inaccurate for so many reasons you simply cannot even be serious when you try to defend it as such.
.
What in the world?

So, is there a difference in my opinion of sprint if I like/dislike flinch?

For instance, if I'd want sprint in, but disliked flinch, would I not count towards being a sprint supporter if I instead liked flinch?

For sprint, what exactly is the difference between sprint / flinch and sprint / no flinch? Why can't those two options be grouped together when looking at sprint only?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 489
  4. 490
  5. 491
  6. 492
  7. 493
  8. ...
  9. 840