2. ...
  3. 490
  4. 491
  5. 492
  6. 493
  7. 494
  8. ...
  9. 840
Oh the subtle jabs, how eloquent... You forgot about the 95+ days I've got on MCC, let alone all the other Halo games. I was trying to be nice by "agreeing to disagree," but allow me to direct. You're wrong when you tell me I'm wrong. You're absolutely as wrong as can be- you can no deeper understanding of "how the game work at a base mechanical level," than I do and sure you spent hours going back and forth about how you "feel," sprint is a detriment to the game on "mechanical levels," "personal levels," and every other level you felt you needed to talk about and I heard you out... But I do NOT agree with your opinions and that's what they are.
Time played obviously doesn't mean knowledge attained, man. Really doesn't mean anything here. Again, if you're boiling it down to "it's just an opinion" to defend yourself, then your argument's weaker than a Crawler on easy difficulty.
Oh the subtle jabs, how eloquent... You forgot about the 95+ days I've got on MCC, let alone all the other Halo games. I was trying to be nice by "agreeing to disagree," but allow me to direct. You're wrong when you tell me I'm wrong. You're absolutely as wrong as can be- you can no deeper understanding of "how the game work at a base mechanical level," than I do and sure you spent hours going back and forth about how you "feel," sprint is a detriment to the game on "mechanical levels," "personal levels," and every other level you felt you needed to talk about and I heard you out... But I do NOT agree with your opinions and that's what they are.
Time played obviously doesn't mean knowledge attained, man. Really doesn't mean anything here. Again, if you're boiling it down to "it's just an opinion" to defend yourself, then your argument's weaker than a Crawler on easy difficulty.
Yeah obviously pal... Because it all just boils down to experience anyway and in this case an opinion about sprint. But you clearly went to time played as a jab in your previous post anyway so that's how we got back to it! Btw total rad nod to Crawlers!! (Ps Didn't you know???? A head shot is a one hit kill on Crawlers on any difficulty!!)
Yeah obviously pal... But you clearly went there as a jab in your previous post anyway.
I totally did, because you used that point as a reinforcement for your argument, then tried it again with the MCC. When you called OG Nick arrogant, it really did just show how much self-awareness you lack in regards to that, especially by having waved your time played around twice with two separate games, when it means little in the grand scheme of knowing how a game actually operates with certain mechanics. Doesn't make my argument weak in turn, just exposes the flaws in yours.
Yeah obviously pal... But you clearly went there as a jab in your previous post anyway.
I totally did, because you used that point as a reinforcement for your argument, then tried it again with the MCC. When you called OG Nick arrogant, it really did just show how much self-awareness you lack in regards to that, especially by having waved your time played around twice with two separate games, when it means little in the grand scheme of knowing how a game actually operates with certain mechanics. Doesn't make my argument weak in turn, just exposes the flaws in yours.
At best you baited me... All I did was entertain you on the path you took this down. You brought up my days played as a jab and I sarcastically added to it as a reply. That's because your argument has degraded
from logical opinions to something like, "Nu uh!!! You're wrong and I'M RIGHT Because I say so!" If you don't wanna give fine be right in your own mind... But don't try to incorrectly summarize my points or tell me I'm flat out wrong based upon your feelings on the matter.
To falsify the results of that poll in order to perpetuate their argument against sprint actually is self serving bias. Apologies as that wasn't intuitive the way I described it in my previous post so I'll try to explain better. You see, that Reddit user wanted to make people that read that post believe that more people dislike sprint than there actually are. So the self serving bias part comes into to play when they falsify data to try to over-inflate the issue. Because of them they are over-inflating the sprint issue by lying about the results of polls like that. Their intent was "I want to over inflate this issue," when other people read my post and they met that intent by flat out lying about results from that poll. That person couldn't successfully argue against sprint on their own so they tried to make it look like more people were with them in their debate against sprint. Their stance against sprint is therefore based upon a false perception that they're backed by more people than they actually are but in reality it's a just lie.
I understand what you mean but that is all under the assumption that those numbers are fake.
you have yet to show me how those poll options are falsifying data, when did he lie about the results of that poll?
In the end, nobody will ever know how many people are against sprint/in favor of sprint because anit-sprintess will allways focus on anti-sprint results and pro-sprinters will allways focus on pro-sprint results, there is no way to gather significant, bias-free results.. 343s "community feedback" is just as biased and manipulative presented as those community made online polls but accusing someone someone of lying just because their results don't fit into your agenda is the worst way of havinf such a discussion...
At best you baited me... All I did was entertain you on the path you took this down. You brought up my days played as a jab and I sarcastically added to it as a reply. That's because your argument has degraded
from logical opinions to something like, "Nu uh!!! You're wrong and I'M RIGHT Because I say so!"
Baited? Lolwut, love? Sorry, but you did that, yourself. Sure says a lot about your pride and the lengths you'll go to defend it. If that's all you have though, then this mockery of a done to death and back "debate" is done.
I think the addition of sprint in Halo simply has more downsides than upsides. So therefore it would be better if it was removed.
To falsify the results of that poll in order to perpetuate their argument against sprint actually is self serving bias. Apologies as that wasn't intuitive the way I described it in my previous post so I'll try to explain better. You see, that Reddit user wanted to make people that read that post believe that more people dislike sprint than there actually are. So the self serving bias part comes into to play when they falsify data to try to over-inflate the issue. Because of them they are over-inflating the sprint issue by lying about the results of polls like that. Their intent was "I want to over inflate this issue," when other people read my post and they met that intent by flat out lying about results from that poll. That person couldn't successfully argue against sprint on their own so they tried to make it look like more people were with them in their debate against sprint. Their stance against sprint is therefore based upon a false perception that they're backed by more people than they actually are but in reality it's a just lie.
I understand what you mean but that is all under the assumption that those numbers are fake.
you have yet to show me how those poll options are falsifying data, when did he lie about the results of that poll?
In the end, nobody will ever know how many people are against sprint/in favor of sprint because anit-sprintess will allways focus on anti-sprint results and pro-sprinters will allways focus on pro-sprint results, there is no way to gather significant, bias-free results.. 343s "community feedback" is just as biased and manipulative presented as those community made online polls but accusing someone someone of lying just because their results don't fit into your agenda is the worst way of havinf such a discussion...
It's not an accusation when the lie plain as day on that Reddit user's post. They're not quoting the results of that Waypoint poll accurately at all. That's clearly a lie, plain as day. It's got nothing to do with an agenda- it's got nothing to do with how I feel about sprint. That Reddit user is unequivocally and flat out lying in that post. There's nothing bias about the lie itself... Though I've stated that I feel they lied to perpetuate their side of the debate... Meaning the purpose of the lie was to bolster their personal bias about sprint. But strip bias and the debate out of this entirely and that post is still falsifying the results of a poll- pure and simple. That poll is supposedly gone now and can't even be referenced so given this Reddit users skewing of the stats I wouldn't put it past him to have edited that video to make stuff up entirely. But even as it is- that poll was cited after what, day 1 of its inception according to the narrator of the video? And there's all of about 1,000 or so total votes- who knows where it went after day 1 right? Do you? Can anyone post it? Nope, guess not because it's conveniently vanished...

Furthermore that Reddit user intentionally misquoted the question from that poll as,
"Should sprint stay in Halo?"

With the responses conveniently "sub categorized," as you called it... Or made up, more less (because these weren't the responses from that poll):
"No, this mechanic doesn't belong in Halo," or
" Yes, this mechanic belongs in Halo."

The poll on that video did not as that question, nor did it have those responses. The poll in that video asked if sprint and flinch should stay in Halo- at the time flinch was a much-hated addition to the franchise. So if they voted against flinch and sprint they were not just voting against sprint... Flinch was forced into every reply on that poll which was what it was about. The question the Reddit user put in their post was not even what users were asked in that poll. It wasn't an even an exaggeration- it was simply a lie from that Reddit user.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
It's not an accusation it's plain as day on that Reddit user's post. They're not quoting the result of that Waypoint accurately. That's clearly a lie, plain as day. It's got nothing to do with an agenda- it's got nothing to do with how I feel about sprint. That Reddit user is unequivocally and flat out lying in that post. There's nothing bias about the lie itself... Though I've stated that I feel they lied to perpetuate their side of the debate... But strip bias and the debate out of this entirely and that post is still falsifying the results of a poll- pure and simple.
please give some prove that what you just claimed is true, repeating "it's a lie, it's a lie" over and over again doesn't prove anything here.
just because they are not quoting the result accurately (which isn't possible any more due to the poll not beeing online anymore) doesn't mean the video used to take information from is fake, it's not some halofollower video, teambeyond is a quite reliable source...
the worst thing you can say about thar reddit-user is that he didn't mention that those were no "final results" but thats what I mean with "focus on anti-sprint results", the latest provable results that were available helped his cause so he used them, might not be the best "academic work attitude"but it's not a lie...
It's not an accusation it's plain as day on that Reddit user's post. They're not quoting the result of that Waypoint accurately. That's clearly a lie, plain as day. It's got nothing to do with an agenda- it's got nothing to do with how I feel about sprint. That Reddit user is unequivocally and flat out lying in that post. There's nothing bias about the lie itself... Though I've stated that I feel they lied to perpetuate their side of the debate... But strip bias and the debate out of this entirely and that post is still falsifying the results of a poll- pure and simple.
please give some prove that what you just claimed is true, repeating "it's a lie, it's a lie" over and over again doesn't prove anything here.
just because they are not quoting the result accurately (which isn't possible any more due to the poll not beeing online anymore) doesn't mean the video used to take information from is fake, it's not some halofollower video, teambeyond is a quite reliable source...
the worst thing you can say about thar reddit-user is that he didn't mention that those were no "final results" but thats what I mean with "focus on anti-sprint results", the latest provable results that were available helped his cause so he used them, might not be the best "academic work attitude"but it's not a lie...
I just stated it over and over. The question that Reddit user quoted was NOT the question from that poll. The responses that that Reddit user posted were NOT responses in that poll. That poll was about flinch and sprint with every response in the poll requiring some tie in with flinch. None of that was annotated on that Reddit user's post- all the person did was lie about it. I can't even begin to explain how incredibly misleading and deceiving that is for people who don't question those stats and just took what that Reddit user stated at face value.

I'm not saying the poll itself was a lie, although it can be debated about the usefulness/accuracy that can even be drawn out of a poll that combines two very different mechanics of the game like that... And the fact that that Reddit user didn't mention that the poll was still in progress (at Day 1 actually) wasn't even the worst of it- that much I could have lived with but what you're failing to understand here is that misquoting the poll itself and conveniently grouping the results into categories that that Reddit user just made up equates to a lie about the data. It doesn't make the data a lie- I didn't say it was. It makes that Reddit user that quoted that data a liar by falsifying the results when portraying that data later on. We're not talking about whose pro/anti sprint here, or which side exaggerates poll data more. Exaggerating would be something like to make a thread which focuses on polls that supported your side of it... At first glance that what it appears that this Reddit user did. But upon closer inspection this Reddit user didn't exaggerate anything they just lied... Simply put- because it was easier to lie then try to find data that either a) didn't exist or b) was too hard to find anyway.
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
Woah there, those are statistics you're tossing around that you cannot back up because they're made up... Pro sprint ALWAYS won in the polls and everyone that I've ever seen and participated in indicated that the pro sprint side won with a slam dunk.

I'm not against anti-sprinters... I do want sprint to stay, yet at the same time I understand what many of you want and would rather have in Halo... I do think that be boring and would even hurt Halo by lowering the population so naturally I just want sprint to stay in Halo games. What I do not appreciate would pro sprinters is the way they GROSSLY try to over-inflate this issue in an effort to gain more exposure than this issue genuinely deserves.

I too have issues with Halo titles- but I wait my turn and express them in respectful ways... I like to hear what others think on the issue- I do not aggressively undercut and undervalue opinions when other people simple do not agree with me (A STARK contrast to the way pro sprinters have approached this issue). I don't sit here and try to perpetuate a thread to make it grow WAY bigger than the life of an average thread in an effort to make the issue appear larger than it really is. I express my opinions peacefully in the Halo Community Feedback system and expect that others may not actually see things the way that I see them. For those things I just went over, I don't appreciate or respect how so many pro-sprinters have conducted themselves regarding this issue.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
No, if you looked at the Reddit page it was only discussing the results of polls on other sites, one on r/halo, one on teambeyond.net and one on waypoint, they were all linked, and discussed on that Reddit page.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

Spoiler:
Show
Xathoron wrote:
REALLY ITS BACK ON THE FORUMS
It was always on the forums? Assuming you mean pinned posts like this only keep it pinned longer.
I love how people complain about unfair matchmaking. Which is cause by low population. Which is caused by unpopular gameplay.

But, they support said gameplay.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

Spoiler:
Show
from logical opinions to something like, "Nu uh!!! You're wrong and I'M RIGHT Because I say so!" If you don't wanna give fine be right in your own mind... But don't try to incorrectly summarize my points or tell me I'm flat out wrong based upon your feelings on the matter.
At best, you ran away. I gave you actual well thought out gameplay issues sprint causes, and yet, you ignored them. You didn't have time to "data mine" for two pages, but had enough time to stat check people. Every single time you post, you deflect gameplay issues on the bases of "I've spent my whole life on this game" which is not only laughable, but the arrogance it oozes is palpable. I don't bother with this site enough to continue getting replies about how smart you are about Halo when you don't even come up with a decent reply to any gameplay detriments I have pointed out in relation to sprint.
I've never subscribed to the idea that having or not having elements such as sprint or Ads are what make a certain game a certain game. I can name multiple franchises that have different gameplay elements across they're titles but are still considered part of the franchise.

IMO I would rather see no sprint with an faster movement speed, bigger radar, and a thruster system that is similar to the new doom where by; if someone wanted to get an extra boots on they're jump they can double jump with the thruster pack but it would deplete the thruster as normals but you could also use the thruster as they are already implemented. - this is just an Idea that would be unique IMO
Lol @ people thinking 343 might remove sprint
Lol @ people thinking 343 might remove sprint
They are stated they thought about it with h5. And that was before CS go, overwatch and doom took the industry by storm.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 490
  4. 491
  5. 492
  6. 493
  7. 494
  8. ...
  9. 840