Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 494
  4. 495
  5. 496
  6. 497
  7. 498
  8. ...
  9. 840
Man this post is gonna hit 10,000 comments real soon.
Sorry pro sprinters, it's as good as gone, it may not happen for Halo 6 but it will eventually, the arguments against it are very solid and well thought out, and the gameplay of the originals plus new games like Overwatch and Doom 2016 speak volumes to support them. To be honest the only reason it hasn't been taken out already is 343 aren't exactly the best devs out there, but they will come around, they even talked about removing sprint for 5 so the seed has been planted.

Sooner or later I imagine we'll be having conversations like "Halo was better when it had sprint!!!!!" to which we will say "get used to it, or go play Halo 5" though I am very confident this argument will come up since the gameplay will be far superior without it and you guys will eventually figure that out :) but it's time to just face facts

Halo is a not a sprint-ads shooter, it never will be no matter how hard 343 tries to make it one, we're still gonna be here telling them what they are doing wrong
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Warden657 wrote:
Wow, this thing is about to get 10,000 replies.
I think that sprint is fine, just get used to it. 343 isn't getting rid of it anytime soon.
"Don't like it? Don't play it." or "Just adapt to the new system." These kinds of comments tell me that those people are thinking they are correct and everyone else is wrong, immature mentality. Furthermore, those people never explained how and why sprint is fine/good in/for Halo, and expect us to agree with them.
You're mistaken- people do not have to explain to you how and why sprint is good... They can if they want do but if they choose not to explain than that doesn't diminish their opinion like you're inferring.
That just means everything they say after their initial "it's fine" is of no importance whatsoever. Though, if they want to be taken seriously as far as this discussion goes, an explanation is required for that.
Not at all... Just like those polls you anti sprint guys like to bring up- those just boil down to opinions anyway. When people share your opinion it's fine but for you guys they just have to get into a debate with you to be "taken seriously," huh? Why for, you're not going to agree with anything pro sprinters tell you anyway. Bottom line is that "Keep sprint," or "Don't keep sprint" is an opinionated question... One doesn't need to respond to such a poll with an explanation of why they want to keep sprint in order to be taken seriously- though anti sprinters don't want to cite all the polls where "keep sprint," wins anyway... Just easier for you guys to minimize and under value opinions when they don't line up with yours, right??
I didn't ask about your denial. There was no reason to bring it up.

If someone wants to take part in this discussion, explanations are required. That's what discussions are for. End of story.
What denial??? You're literally the one trying to deny people from contributing if they don't agree with you. I don't care what you asked me for either- if people want to say "Keep sprint because I like it," then their opinion still matters and is completely valid despite your desperate and bias attempts to undervalue those opinions....
You should read my posts again, you don't seem to understand them.
Your posts don't give any way to the other side... As I've told you multiple times, all you want to do is try to chew up people's opinions here that don't coincide with your own... Once again your repetitive cycle is always the same- you literally 1) try to persuade people away from sprint and 2) when that fails try to under value their opinions, and then 3) try to tell people to leave the thread if you can't talk them out of their position. And you've dipped out on me multiple times when you can't answer points you just disappear. So why should I go back to re-read any of your posts? You misquote my posts and pick and choose what you want to respond to so why should you get preferential treatment in this thread??

As such I wouldn't even respond to you at all if you weren't so blatantly trying to bully other people by telling them that their opinions are worthless if they won't engage in an argument with you about it. Yet you don't hesitate to throw results from any polls out there that back up your anti sprint claims- those only ask users for their opinion on sprint and if the results from those polls fit into your anti-sprint agenda you'll throw those around in a heartbeat. How are those opinions ANY DIFFERENT then when somebody posts their opinion about sprint here?? Well you'd never cite any of the many polls out there where pro sprint wins either would you?? Guess attacking people directly in this thread for having an opinion of liking sprint is a similar concept for you then??
XACSlayerX wrote:
Sorry pro sprinters, it's as good as gone, it may not happen for Halo 6 but it will eventually, the arguments against it are very solid and well thought out, and the gameplay of the originals plus new games like Overwatch and Doom 2016 speak volumes to support them. To be honest the only reason it hasn't been taken out already is 343 aren't exactly the best devs out there, but they will come around, they even talked about removing sprint for 5 so the seed has been planted.

Sooner or later I imagine we'll be having conversations like "Halo was better when it had sprint!!!!!" to which we will say "get used to it, or go play Halo 5" though I am very confident this argument will come up since the gameplay will be far superior without it and you guys will eventually figure that out :) but it's time to just face facts

Halo is a not a sprint-ads shooter, it never will be no matter how hard 343 tries to make it one, we're still gonna be here telling them what they are doing wrong
People seem pretty sure it's here to stay even though almost(?) no mechanic has ever been added and not eventually removed.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Warden657 wrote:
Wow, this thing is about to get 10,000 replies.
I think that sprint is fine, just get used to it. 343 isn't getting rid of it anytime soon.
"Don't like it? Don't play it." or "Just adapt to the new system." These kinds of comments tell me that those people are thinking they are correct and everyone else is wrong, immature mentality. Furthermore, those people never explained how and why sprint is fine/good in/for Halo, and expect us to agree with them.
You're mistaken- people do not have to explain to you how and why sprint is good... They can if they want do but if they choose not to explain than that doesn't diminish their opinion like you're inferring.
That just means everything they say after their initial "it's fine" is of no importance whatsoever. Though, if they want to be taken seriously as far as this discussion goes, an explanation is required for that.
Not at all... Just like those polls you anti sprint guys like to bring up- those just boil down to opinions anyway. When people share your opinion it's fine but for you guys they just have to get into a debate with you to be "taken seriously," huh? Why for, you're not going to agree with anything pro sprinters tell you anyway. Bottom line is that "Keep sprint," or "Don't keep sprint" is an opinionated question... One doesn't need to respond to such a poll with an explanation of why they want to keep sprint in order to be taken seriously- though anti sprinters don't want to cite all the polls where "keep sprint," wins anyway... Just easier for you guys to minimize and under value opinions when they don't line up with yours, right??
I didn't ask about your denial. There was no reason to bring it up.

If someone wants to take part in this discussion, explanations are required. That's what discussions are for. End of story.
What denial??? You're literally the one trying to deny people from contributing if they don't agree with you. I don't care what you asked me for either- if people want to say "Keep sprint because I like it," then their opinion still matters and is completely valid despite your desperate and bias attempts to undervalue those opinions....
You should read my posts again, you don't seem to understand them.
Your posts don't give any way to the other side... As I've told you multiple times, all you want to do is try to chew up people's opinions here that don't coincide with your own... Once again your repetitive cycle is always the same- you literally 1) try to persuade people away from sprint and 2) when that fails try to under value their opinions, and then 3) try to tell people to leave the thread if you can't talk them out of their position. And you've dipped out on me multiple times when you can't answer points you just disappear. So why should I go back to re-read any of your posts? You misquote my posts and pick and choose what you want to respond to so why should you get preferential treatment in this thread?? As such I wouldn't even respond to you at all if you weren't so blatantly trying to bully other people by telling them that their opinions are worthless if they won't engage in an argument with you about it.
My bad. I probably should've guessed if you don't let proof sway you, you're certainly not gonna try to understand what people are saying. That won't serve you well here though, just FYI.
XACSlayerX wrote:
Sorry pro sprinters, it's as good as gone, it may not happen for Halo 6 but it will eventually, the arguments against it are very solid and well thought out, and the gameplay of the originals plus new games like Overwatch and Doom 2016 speak volumes to support them.
Well Doom 2016 was made to play just like Doom 1 & 2 which is why it didn't have sprint because they are always running at full speed all time.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Warden657 wrote:
Wow, this thing is about to get 10,000 replies.
I think that sprint is fine, just get used to it. 343 isn't getting rid of it anytime soon.
"Don't like it? Don't play it." or "Just adapt to the new system." These kinds of comments tell me that those people are thinking they are correct and everyone else is wrong, immature mentality. Furthermore, those people never explained how and why sprint is fine/good in/for Halo, and expect us to agree with them.
You're mistaken- people do not have to explain to you how and why sprint is good... They can if they want do but if they choose not to explain than that doesn't diminish their opinion like you're inferring.
That just means everything they say after their initial "it's fine" is of no importance whatsoever. Though, if they want to be taken seriously as far as this discussion goes, an explanation is required for that.
Not at all... Just like those polls you anti sprint guys like to bring up- those just boil down to opinions anyway. When people share your opinion it's fine but for you guys they just have to get into a debate with you to be "taken seriously," huh? Why for, you're not going to agree with anything pro sprinters tell you anyway. Bottom line is that "Keep sprint," or "Don't keep sprint" is an opinionated question... One doesn't need to respond to such a poll with an explanation of why they want to keep sprint in order to be taken seriously- though anti sprinters don't want to cite all the polls where "keep sprint," wins anyway... Just easier for you guys to minimize and under value opinions when they don't line up with yours, right??
I didn't ask about your denial. There was no reason to bring it up.

If someone wants to take part in this discussion, explanations are required. That's what discussions are for. End of story.
What denial??? You're literally the one trying to deny people from contributing if they don't agree with you. I don't care what you asked me for either- if people want to say "Keep sprint because I like it," then their opinion still matters and is completely valid despite your desperate and bias attempts to undervalue those opinions....
My bad.
Admission is the first step towards healing my friend.... On behalf of all the pro sprinters you've told that their opinions are worthless in this thread, I do accept your humble apology. Now let's try letting them actually post their opinions without being attacked. Keep up the good work!
Man this post is gonna hit 10,000 comments real soon.
I called it already
>:]
Warden657 wrote:
Man this post is gonna hit 10,000 comments real soon.
I called it already
>:]
Expecually with a lot of old Halo players wanting Halo to stay like Halo 2 & 3.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
Woah there, those are statistics you're tossing around that you cannot back up because they're made up... Pro sprint ALWAYS won in the polls and everyone that I've ever seen and participated in indicated that the pro sprint side won with a slam dunk.

I'm not against anti-sprinters... I do want sprint to stay, yet at the same time I understand what many of you want and would rather have in Halo... I do think that be boring and would even hurt Halo by lowering the population so naturally I just want sprint to stay in Halo games. What I do not appreciate would pro sprinters is the way they GROSSLY try to over-inflate this issue in an effort to gain more exposure than this issue genuinely deserves.

I too have issues with Halo titles- but I wait my turn and express them in respectful ways... I like to hear what others think on the issue- I do not aggressively undercut and undervalue opinions when other people simple do not agree with me (A STARK contrast to the way pro sprinters have approached this issue). I don't sit here and try to perpetuate a thread to make it grow WAY bigger than the life of an average thread in an effort to make the issue appear larger than it really is. I express my opinions peacefully in the Halo Community Feedback system and expect that others may not actually see things the way that I see them. For those things I just went over, I don't appreciate or respect how so many pro-sprinters have conducted themselves regarding this issue.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
Omg "it's not our problem..." like just stop it... I've been on Waypoint since it started kid, please. My point still stands that the poll no longer exists so quoting something that no longer exists is actually indeed part of the problem. That poll was one day old in the video so it's not even close to being definitive about anything AT ALL. The poll combines two separate mechanics of the game- sprint AND flinch with the question and every response in that poll having a mandatory tie in with FLINCH. That Reddit user intentionally excluded that information, along with the fact that that poll was merely a day old at the time of that video (That's NOT "rephrasing," anything, it's intentionally changing the data by lying about the poll).

Those poll results are a) LIED ABOUT by the Reddit user that incorrectly cited the poll, b) inconclusive as the poll had just began at the time of that video, and c) the poll is not even something that can be cited as it disappeared when Waypoint transitioned so it CANNOT be cited as evidence at all.... This Reddit guy cannot try to use a video about the poll when it was only a day old- excluding all the information he did is misleading and wrong to try and present data in that manner. There are many reasons to support that this Reddit user lied by improperly citing data so that guys entire post is therefore defunct, null and void. There is nothing there to support that people want sprint removed, it's just another vain attempt to over-inflate this issue by anti sprinters. Btw if someone did what that Reddit user did where I got my degree the honor council would have seen them kicked out the university... Intentionally falsifying data like that to try to bloster ones claim is a, "Nono," in academia and in the working world. That's because it's dishonorable to lie in the first place but to do it to try and deceive people by falsifying data like that Reddit User did in the post is even worse.
Claims to have always been on waypoint. Then why did your earlier reply show that you didn't know why it was gone. Again, the numbers were still correct, just not the question phrasing. And the original post had 4 options, sprint with flinch, sprint without flinch, followed by no sprint with flinch, and no sprint with no flinch. Therefore flinch did not affect the results. Ifit was only two options, like sprint and flinch or no sprint and no flinch. Those 4 options allow you to just combine both no sprint and both anti sprint to make the two sides and since each side has a pro and anti flinch the flinch variable becomes irrelevant. You have also failed to acknowledge the two other polls on the two other main halo forums. Waypoint isn't the only or the most popular halo forum.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Isn't crouch-walking a movement speed? I think you mean you mean who needs 3 movement speeds...
Dinho239 wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Celestis wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
so then you prefer a pay to win Halo without sprint, you really care more about sprint than that Halo is almost becoming a pay to win???
I want both, sprint and Reqs/MTs, removed from future iterations.
But if somebody were to put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between the two of them, I'd rather have sprint gone and Reqs/MTs stay than the other way around.
Reqs/MTs don't affect me in campaign. Sprint does.
how does sprint affects in campaign??? is not like someone is forcing you to use it or anything.
Sprint affects level design, enemy AI and weapon balance. All of them are relevant in campaign. You can't avoid them just by not spriting.

Levels need to be more wide and stretched, so sprinting players don't get stuck on objects. That makes a lot of campaign levels dull, being either a long corridor or a vast and empty plane. AI needs to be programmed with a player's peak performance in mind, so they usually are just as fast as sprint speed, while still being able to shoot. It also doesn't help that 343 introduced teleporting enemies who can bum-rush you at a moments notice. Meanwhile, when on the offense, you have to decide whether to approach enemies at a slower speed while shooting, missing shots and losing ammo because of the distance (which the infinite-ammo-wielding enemies don't have to worry about) or sprint towards them so you get into range before growing a beard, while constantly getting bombarded by their barrage fire. All this while suffering from the reduced average TTK that was implemented because of sprint.

I actually don't really care what happens in multiplayer. 343 could reduce the multiplayer to one weapon, one map, have blue team stand on the ceiling and moonwalking be the only method of moving. But campaign is the last place I want to see sprint in.
not at all, Reach for me was one of the games with better level design in camaign and it also has the ability to sprint if you want to, also it had one of the best AI in my opinión, what really affects level design is the -Yoinking!- lack of creativity fron 343i, just look at the infinite armor variants in Halo 5, also that they're changing the level, AI design and almost everything else to atract new players from other games, which is a -Yoinking!- terrible idea, they focus on other fans than in keeping the fans they already had, which makes Halo turning into another generic random fps, Reach is a prove that a game can have sprint, and still feel like Halo in everything else. The problema isn't sprint, the problema is that 343i doesn't know how to implement anything the right way in the game.
Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. Just because you believe something or something is true in your experience does not mean that you can use that to disprove someone else. Unless you can provide evidence that can be agreed on and proven true then you can't try and disprove other people with your opinion.
then do you have evidence that people stop playing just for sprint or that dislike the whole game just for that, I know sprint made some changes to the franchise, but is not the -Yoinking!- end of the games, is just sprint, anyone can tolerate it, and if who doesn't at least tolerate it is just because is bad at playing with the new mechanics and because can't get use to it so tries to change the whole game at his convenience.
No, no one can prove that sprint changed anything until 343 makes another sprintless halo. And even then there are too many variables. But it would be ignorant to say that sprint didn't affect anything, or heavily add to the pile of reasons why people don't like the new games. Using git gud won't work here. We've all adapted to the new game, we play it, and find it much less enjoyable. Try out the halo 5 evolved settings if you think a no sprint halo wouldn't work.
what about MCC, more thanahlf of it's playlists were wihout sprint (Halo CE, 2, 2 anniversary and 3 playlists) and is maybe the least played game today, it has been ignored by almost everyone, and it wasn' for sprint, it was because the terrible rank system, bugs and glitches, and lack of polishing since day one etc, it was basically unplayable at it's launch, I'm not saying that sprint doesn't affect in anything, I know it affects in some areas like map design (also not at all since Halo online had Halo 3 maps that were perfectly playable with sprint) and makes the game more fast paced, but it makes changes, but that doesn't mean it makes damage to the game like other huge issues Halo 5 has.

and if people doesn't like the newer games is for reasons: they don't like it for the other reasons I said before, can't get used to the new mechanics and are bad at playing with them so they want to change it at their convenience, or they're just Bungie fanboys.
so valid reasons you "accept" for not liking newer Halos are:
- game is broken as -Yoink-
- you suck at it
- you're a fanboy

have you ever considered that by the addition of sprint, Halos gameplay has changed in a way that people don't enjoy playing it anymore?
so then how doesn the addition of sprint broke or at least damage the game, I know that the gameplay has changed, but if people doesn't enjoy it is because they don't get used to the new gameplay, if they don't like it they can move to other games instead of trying to change it to their convenience, things always change, and Halo isn't the exception, if Halo had never changed it's gameplay it would have been kept something of the past and maybe it wouldn't be still alive today since everyone would be bored of it to be exactly as every other past game, then it wouldn't be nessesary to buy the newer games if the only thing that changes is the campaign, and it doesn't have any different and new content on it's MP, just try to see it in the perspective of the producers of the game, they need to keep the things fresh and new so people doesn't get bored of it, and if someone doesn't like a franchise just because the gameplay is more fast paced then it's not a true fan, it it doesn't neither improve or damage the game then there's no reason to complain.
Then please explain why Halo has been doing poorly since there was a major gameplay change. If people were getting tired of the same thing as you put it, why is it that when Bunge tried something new, it didn't do so well?
well then they weren't core Halo fans, they just liked the game for it's gameplay, or have you seen a pro gamer or someone immportant like many bloggers or youtubers complaining or even caring about sprint??? as I said perviously, if something doesn't damage there's no reason to complain, so in this case people that doesn't like it is just because they suck with the new mechanics and get mad for that and blame the game and it's mechanics.
Many pros dislike sprint. Mikwen has commented about it on TB, and I'm pretty sure Lethul doesn't want it either. And who cares, these guys make money from the game, they want the meta to stay the same.

Regardless, you've dodged my question. If Halo needed to evolve to compete, why is it not relevant?

Don't bring up the "uh they weren't true Halo fans", I'd say 90% of the players on H5 play WZ, the H4 mode. This game was made to attract a new audience. And don't bring up people who suck, you're nothing to write home about yourself. Majority of waypoint users are <Plat, and it's incredibly stupid being told I'm bad because I don't enjoy a mechanic.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Warden657 wrote:
Wow, this thing is about to get 10,000 replies.
I think that sprint is fine, just get used to it. 343 isn't getting rid of it anytime soon.
"Don't like it? Don't play it." or "Just adapt to the new system." These kinds of comments tell me that those people are thinking they are correct and everyone else is wrong, immature mentality. Furthermore, those people never explained how and why sprint is fine/good in/for Halo, and expect us to agree with them.
You're mistaken- people do not have to explain to you how and why sprint is good... They can if they want do but if they choose not to explain than that doesn't diminish their opinion like you're inferring.
That just means everything they say after their initial "it's fine" is of no importance whatsoever. Though, if they want to be taken seriously as far as this discussion goes, an explanation is required for that.
Not at all... Just like those polls you anti sprint guys like to bring up- those just boil down to opinions anyway. When people share your opinion it's fine but for you guys they just have to get into a debate with you to be "taken seriously," huh? Why for, you're not going to agree with anything pro sprinters tell you anyway. Bottom line is that "Keep sprint," or "Don't keep sprint" is an opinionated question... One doesn't need to respond to such a poll with an explanation of why they want to keep sprint in order to be taken seriously- though anti sprinters don't want to cite all the polls where "keep sprint," wins anyway... Just easier for you guys to minimize and under value opinions when they don't line up with yours, right??
I didn't ask about your denial. There was no reason to bring it up.

If someone wants to take part in this discussion, explanations are required. That's what discussions are for. End of story.
What denial??? You're literally the one trying to deny people from contributing if they don't agree with you. I don't care what you asked me for either- if people want to say "Keep sprint because I like it," then their opinion still matters and is completely valid despite your desperate and bias attempts to undervalue those opinions....
My bad.
Admission is the first step towards healing my friend.... On behalf of all the pro sprinters you've told that their opinions are worthless in this thread, I do accept your humble apology. Now let's try letting them actually post their opinions without being attacked. Keep up the good work!
The people who just post "I like it" should hold no value. The people who post "just don't sprint" are choosing to not read and understand that the maps were built for sprint speed.

Opinions are just opinions, until you (speaking generally) can back up those opinions, they hold no weight.
Justima wrote:
Warden657 wrote:
Wow, this thing is about to get 10,000 replies.
I think that sprint is fine, just get used to it. 343 isn't getting rid of it anytime soon.
"Don't like it? Don't play it." or "Just adapt to the new system." These kinds of comments tell me that those people are thinking they are correct and everyone else is wrong, immature mentality. Furthermore, those people never explained how and why sprint is fine/good in/for Halo, and expect us to agree with them.
You're mistaken- people do not have to explain to you how and why sprint is good... They can if they want do but if they choose not to explain than that doesn't diminish their opinion like you're inferring.
Yes, there are people who engaged into the discussion like you, but it's very minority. Most of the replies being "Don't like sprint, don't sprint!" or "adapt to the new system," which I interpret as shut my mouth and just play without vocalizing my opinion. Some of them being insulting, such as "You people are nostalgic fanboys" and etc. That is not being respectful to people who disagree with them. I am tired of seeing those kinds of comment. If that is just opinion, fine, but those attitudes are what I glare it.
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
Woah there, those are statistics you're tossing around that you cannot back up because they're made up... Pro sprint ALWAYS won in the polls and everyone that I've ever seen and participated in indicated that the pro sprint side won with a slam dunk.

I'm not against anti-sprinters... I do want sprint to stay, yet at the same time I understand what many of you want and would rather have in Halo... I do think that be boring and would even hurt Halo by lowering the population so naturally I just want sprint to stay in Halo games. What I do not appreciate would pro sprinters is the way they GROSSLY try to over-inflate this issue in an effort to gain more exposure than this issue genuinely deserves.

I too have issues with Halo titles- but I wait my turn and express them in respectful ways... I like to hear what others think on the issue- I do not aggressively undercut and undervalue opinions when other people simple do not agree with me (A STARK contrast to the way pro sprinters have approached this issue). I don't sit here and try to perpetuate a thread to make it grow WAY bigger than the life of an average thread in an effort to make the issue appear larger than it really is. I express my opinions peacefully in the Halo Community Feedback system and expect that others may not actually see things the way that I see them. For those things I just went over, I don't appreciate or respect how so many pro-sprinters have conducted themselves regarding this issue.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
Those poll results are a) LIED ABOUT by the Reddit user that incorrectly cited the poll, b) inconclusive as the poll had just began at the time of that video, and c) the poll is not even something that can be cited as it disappeared when Waypoint transitioned so it CANNOT be cited as evidence at all.... This Reddit guy cannot try to use a video about the poll when it was only a day old- excluding all the information he did is misleading and wrong to try and present data in that manner. There are many reasons to support that this Reddit user lied by improperly citing data so that guys entire post is therefore defunct, null and void. There is nothing there to support that people want sprint removed, it's just another vain attempt to over-inflate this issue by anti sprinters.
Claims to have always been on waypoint. Then why did your earlier reply show that you didn't know why it was gone. Again, the numbers were still correct, just not the question phrasing. And the original post had 4 options, sprint with flinch, sprint without flinch, followed by no sprint with flinch, and no sprint with no flinch. Therefore flinch did not affect the results. Ifit was only two options, like sprint and flinch or no sprint and no flinch. Those 4 options allow you to just combine both no sprint and both anti sprint to make the two sides and since each side has a pro and anti flinch the flinch variable becomes irrelevant. You have also failed to acknowledge the two other polls on the two other main halo forums. Waypoint isn't the only or the most popular halo forum.
I made an account on Waypoint in 2010 a few days after it was created... I still posted on Bungie.net at that time mostly because Reach was still the biggest thing out at the time- But I have been here quite a while- I did find this post of mine dating back to July, 2012 after a quick search on Google but I probably have older posts here. I wasn't up to date on what happened to all the polls after the last update mostly because I don't follow polls that closely. The sample size is way too small on that Team Beyond poll- there's what about all of 200 people who even responded? Plus I've seen pro sprint win tons of polls on the few that I've taken part in here on Waypoint. Either way that the Reddit user quoted that poll incorrectly- it had only been up for ONE DAY. It could have gone anywhere after that first day- plus you cannot go back and change the poll question and create your own categories later on... That poll was a combination of sprint AND flinch- the Reddit user tried to ONLY pull out sprint from that poll which is wrong and a complete lie. You cannot do that- that's not what the poll asked people so those categories were made up by that Reddit user in an effort to skew those results.
I don't know I like the sprint.
l Jinxed I wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Warden657 wrote:
Wow, this thing is about to get 10,000 replies.
I think that sprint is fine, just get used to it. 343 isn't getting rid of it anytime soon.
"Don't like it? Don't play it." or "Just adapt to the new system." These kinds of comments tell me that those people are thinking they are correct and everyone else is wrong, immature mentality. Furthermore, those people never explained how and why sprint is fine/good in/for Halo, and expect us to agree with them.
You're mistaken- people do not have to explain to you how and why sprint is good... They can if they want do but if they choose not to explain than that doesn't diminish their opinion like you're inferring.
That just means everything they say after their initial "it's fine" is of no importance whatsoever. Though, if they want to be taken seriously as far as this discussion goes, an explanation is required for that.
Not at all... Just like those polls you anti sprint guys like to bring up- those just boil down to opinions anyway. When people share your opinion it's fine but for you guys they just have to get into a debate with you to be "taken seriously," huh? Why for, you're not going to agree with anything pro sprinters tell you anyway. Bottom line is that "Keep sprint," or "Don't keep sprint" is an opinionated question... One doesn't need to respond to such a poll with an explanation of why they want to keep sprint in order to be taken seriously- though anti sprinters don't want to cite all the polls where "keep sprint," wins anyway... Just easier for you guys to minimize and under value opinions when they don't line up with yours, right??
I didn't ask about your denial. There was no reason to bring it up.

If someone wants to take part in this discussion, explanations are required. That's what discussions are for. End of story.
What denial??? You're literally the one trying to deny people from contributing if they don't agree with you. I don't care what you asked me for either- if people want to say "Keep sprint because I like it," then their opinion still matters and is completely valid despite your desperate and bias attempts to undervalue those opinions....
My bad.
Admission is the first step towards healing my friend.... On behalf of all the pro sprinters you've told that their opinions are worthless in this thread, I do accept your humble apology. Now let's try letting them actually post their opinions without being attacked. Keep up the good work!
The people who just post "I like it" should hold no value. The people who post "just don't sprint" are choosing to not read and understand that the maps were built for sprint speed.

Opinions are just opinions, until you (speaking generally) can back up those opinions, they hold no weight.
Absolutely 100% wrong. Opinions matter enough for 343i to host open betas for their games and collect data via the Halo Community Feedback (HCF) program. Opinions do matter- people are allowed to back sprint because they prefer sprint. That does hold weight because it's that gamer's personal preference. They don't have to sit here and argue that point through to someone like you who just wants to argue with them about it. You don't hesitate to quote polls when they back your anti-sprint opinion and all those polls do is ask people for their opinions... Why should those opinions hold any more weight then someone who posts in these forums? Oh yeah, because they aren't flush with your opinions so you say they "hold no value," or are "worthless"... Can't have your cake and eat it too- Opinions matter in video games and it's ridiculous for you to state otherwise.
l Jinxed I wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Warden657 wrote:
Wow, this thing is about to get 10,000 replies.
I think that sprint is fine, just get used to it. 343 isn't getting rid of it anytime soon.
"Don't like it? Don't play it." or "Just adapt to the new system." These kinds of comments tell me that those people are thinking they are correct and everyone else is wrong, immature mentality. Furthermore, those people never explained how and why sprint is fine/good in/for Halo, and expect us to agree with them.
You're mistaken- people do not have to explain to you how and why sprint is good... They can if they want do but if they choose not to explain than that doesn't diminish their opinion like you're inferring.
That just means everything they say after their initial "it's fine" is of no importance whatsoever. Though, if they want to be taken seriously as far as this discussion goes, an explanation is required for that.
Not at all... Just like those polls you anti sprint guys like to bring up- those just boil down to opinions anyway. When people share your opinion it's fine but for you guys they just have to get into a debate with you to be "taken seriously," huh? Why for, you're not going to agree with anything pro sprinters tell you anyway. Bottom line is that "Keep sprint," or "Don't keep sprint" is an opinionated question... One doesn't need to respond to such a poll with an explanation of why they want to keep sprint in order to be taken seriously- though anti sprinters don't want to cite all the polls where "keep sprint," wins anyway... Just easier for you guys to minimize and under value opinions when they don't line up with yours, right??
I didn't ask about your denial. There was no reason to bring it up.

If someone wants to take part in this discussion, explanations are required. That's what discussions are for. End of story.
What denial??? You're literally the one trying to deny people from contributing if they don't agree with you. I don't care what you asked me for either- if people want to say "Keep sprint because I like it," then their opinion still matters and is completely valid despite your desperate and bias attempts to undervalue those opinions....
My bad.
Admission is the first step towards healing my friend.... On behalf of all the pro sprinters you've told that their opinions are worthless in this thread, I do accept your humble apology. Now let's try letting them actually post their opinions without being attacked. Keep up the good work!
The people who just post "I like it" should hold no value. The people who post "just don't sprint" are choosing to not read and understand that the maps were built for sprint speed.

Opinions are just opinions, until you (speaking generally) can back up those opinions, they hold no weight.
Absolutely 100% wrong. Opinions matter enough for 343i to host open betas for their games and collect data via the Halo Community Feedback (HCF) program. Opinions do matter- people are allowed to back sprint because they prefer sprint. That does hold weight because it's that gamer's personal preference. They don't have to sit here and argue that point through to someone like you who just wants to argue with them about it. You don't hesitate to quote polls when they back your anti-sprint opinion and all those polls do is ask people for their opinions... Why should those opinions hold any more weight then someone who posts in these forums? Oh yeah, because they aren't flush with your opinions so you say they "hold no value," or are "worthless"... Can't have your cake and eat it too- Opinions matter in video games and it's ridiculous for you to state otherwise.
Simple personal preference shouldn't be taken seriously be developers. Halo is a game franchise that already has its own things. What matters is Halo player's opinion backed up by deep reasoning. These opinions could be another account of pro-sprinters or people who just came here. 343's player preference game design is what ruined Halo. They added sprint, because general people "expect" to see sprint in video game. People prefer sprint, okay so? What does it has to do with Halo? Do they have good reasons why sprint is good for Halo? No, but I see reasons like "sprint makes you move faster," and "I am a Spartan, why can't I sprint?" These kinds of reasons that support their opinion is not thoughtful enough to take it seriously for developers. When developers take feedback from these kinds of opinions, the game will lose its identity, like what Halo is currently. Non-Halo player plays Halo beta, notices there is no sprint, goes to beta feedback section and writes to add sprint to Halo. Should 343 take this opinion seriously? Is this opinion thoughtful? Do these kinds of opinions help and improve Halo?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 494
  4. 495
  5. 496
  6. 497
  7. 498
  8. ...
  9. 840