Justima wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Warden657 wrote:
Wow, this thing is about to get 10,000 replies.
I think that sprint is fine, just get used to it. 343 isn't getting rid of it anytime soon.
"Don't like it? Don't play it." or "Just adapt to the new system." These kinds of comments tell me that those people are thinking they are correct and everyone else is wrong, immature mentality. Furthermore, those people never explained how and why sprint is fine/good in/for Halo, and expect us to agree with them.
You're mistaken- people do not have to explain to you how and why sprint is good... They can if they want do but if they choose not to explain than that doesn't diminish their opinion like you're inferring.
That just means everything they say after their initial "it's fine" is of no importance whatsoever. Though, if they want to be taken seriously as far as this discussion goes, an explanation is required for that.
Not at all... Just like those polls you anti sprint guys like to bring up- those just boil down to opinions anyway. When people share your opinion it's fine but for you guys they just have to get into a debate with you to be "taken seriously," huh? Why for, you're not going to agree with anything pro sprinters tell you anyway. Bottom line is that "Keep sprint," or "Don't keep sprint" is an opinionated question... One doesn't need to respond to such a poll with an explanation of why they want to keep sprint in order to be taken seriously- though anti sprinters don't want to cite all the polls where "keep sprint," wins anyway... Just easier for you guys to minimize and under value opinions when they don't line up with yours, right??
I didn't ask about your denial. There was no reason to bring it up.

If someone wants to take part in this discussion, explanations are required. That's what discussions are for. End of story.
What denial??? You're literally the one trying to deny people from contributing if they don't agree with you. I don't care what you asked me for either- if people want to say "Keep sprint because I like it," then their opinion still matters and is completely valid despite your desperate and bias attempts to undervalue those opinions....
My bad.
Admission is the first step towards healing my friend.... On behalf of all the pro sprinters you've told that their opinions are worthless in this thread, I do accept your humble apology. Now let's try letting them actually post their opinions without being attacked. Keep up the good work!
The people who just post "I like it" should hold no value. The people who post "just don't sprint" are choosing to not read and understand that the maps were built for sprint speed.

Opinions are just opinions, until you (speaking generally) can back up those opinions, they hold no weight.
Absolutely 100% wrong. Opinions matter enough for 343i to host open betas for their games and collect data via the Halo Community Feedback (HCF) program. Opinions do matter- people are allowed to back sprint because they prefer sprint. That does hold weight because it's that gamer's personal preference. They don't have to sit here and argue that point through to someone like you who just wants to argue with them about it. You don't hesitate to quote polls when they back your anti-sprint opinion and all those polls do is ask people for their opinions... Why should those opinions hold any more weight then someone who posts in these forums? Oh yeah, because they aren't flush with your opinions so you say they "hold no value," or are "worthless"... Can't have your cake and eat it too- Opinions matter in video games and it's ridiculous for you to state otherwise.
Simple personal preference shouldn't be taken seriously be developers.
So why even have betas then?? Why does 343i collect feedback from fans based on what they like or dislike about the games?? Because personal preference is taken seriously... By the developers
Justima wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Warden657 wrote:
I think that sprint is fine, just get used to it. 343 isn't getting rid of it anytime soon.
"Don't like it? Don't play it." or "Just adapt to the new system." These kinds of comments tell me that those people are thinking they are correct and everyone else is wrong, immature mentality. Furthermore, those people never explained how and why sprint is fine/good in/for Halo, and expect us to agree with them.
You're mistaken- people do not have to explain to you how and why sprint is good... They can if they want do but if they choose not to explain than that doesn't diminish their opinion like you're inferring.
That just means everything they say after their initial "it's fine" is of no importance whatsoever. Though, if they want to be taken seriously as far as this discussion goes, an explanation is required for that.
Not at all... Just like those polls you anti sprint guys like to bring up- those just boil down to opinions anyway. When people share your opinion it's fine but for you guys they just have to get into a debate with you to be "taken seriously," huh? Why for, you're not going to agree with anything pro sprinters tell you anyway. Bottom line is that "Keep sprint," or "Don't keep sprint" is an opinionated question... One doesn't need to respond to such a poll with an explanation of why they want to keep sprint in order to be taken seriously- though anti sprinters don't want to cite all the polls where "keep sprint," wins anyway... Just easier for you guys to minimize and under value opinions when they don't line up with yours, right??

If someone wants to take part in this discussion, explanations are required. That's what discussions are for. End of story.
What denial??? You're literally the one trying to deny people from contributing if they don't agree with you. I don't care what you asked me for either- if people want to say "Keep sprint because I like it," then their opinion still matters and is completely valid despite your desperate and bias attempts to undervalue those opinions....
My bad.
Admission is the first step towards healing my friend.... On behalf of all the pro sprinters you've told that their opinions are worthless in this thread, I do accept your humble apology. Now let's try letting them actually post their opinions without being attacked. Keep up the good work!
The people who just post "I like it" should hold no value. The people who post "just don't sprint" are choosing to not read and understand that the maps were built for sprint speed.

Opinions are just opinions, until you (speaking generally) can back up those opinions, they hold no weight.
Absolutely 100% wrong. Opinions matter enough for 343i to host open betas for their games and collect data via the Halo Community Feedback (HCF) program. Opinions do matter- people are allowed to back sprint because they prefer sprint. That does hold weight because it's that gamer's personal preference. They don't have to sit here and argue that point through to someone like you who just wants to argue with them about it. You don't hesitate to quote polls when they back your anti-sprint opinion and all those polls do is ask people for their opinions... Why should those opinions hold any more weight then someone who posts in these forums? Oh yeah, because they aren't flush with your opinions so you say they "hold no value," or are "worthless"... Can't have your cake and eat it too- Opinions matter in video games and it's ridiculous for you to state otherwise.
So why even have betas then?? Why does 343i collect feedback from fans based on what they like or dislike about the games?? Because personal preference is taken seriously... By the developers
Did you not read the rest of the post?
What do you guys say we get back on track? Instead of arguing why people's opinions do or don't matter, we talk about why sprint is or isn't beneficial to the gameplay since that's the only thing that matters in this thread? There's been far too much nonsense in this thread lately.

Sound good?
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
What do you guys say we get back on track? Instead of arguing why people's opinions do or don't matter, we talk about why sprint is or isn't beneficial to the gameplay since that's the only thing that matters in this thread? There's been far too much nonsense in this thread lately.

Sound good?
It's all connected to sprint somehow, so I guess we are on the right track?
Justima wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Warden657 wrote:

My bad.

Halo's without sprint built the franchise from the ground up. Halo's with sprint have only slowly killed it.
Justima wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:

Sound good?
It's all connected to sprint somehow, so I guess we are on the right track?
Nah, you guys are going off on tangents. Mostly because Sin is all over the place trying to make a point (any point, apparently), but he's dragging other people in with him. Let's refocus.
Sorry OP I guess you forgot halo reach had sprinting abilities incorporated into its gameplay. It was in the campaign and you could unlock it for use in MP. I admit there was a minor difference in its use then to now in H5 but, it was still there. I don't remember all this belly aching about sprint back then. So lets get off of this soap box and congratulate 343 on their hard work because some of us actually like H5.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Justima wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Warden657 wrote:

My bad.

Halo's without sprint built the franchise from the ground up. Halo's with sprint have only slowly killed it.
I can see where you're coming from... Except that I would bet money that if Reach, 4, and 5 did not have sprint it wouldn't have helped matters at all for Halo. The decline in popularity has been caused by a variety of outside factors, including pressure from competing FPS' which would have still been right there- with or without sprint in those Halo titles.
Keep the sprint..it made jumping better n getting to vehicles quicker..bring back the loadout for multi-player
Keep the sprint..it made jumping better n getting to vehicles quicker..bring back the loadout for multi-player
You lost me. In what way does sprint affect those things?

This post has been hidden.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Justima wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Warden657 wrote:

My bad.

I can see where you're coming from... Except that I would bet money that if Reach, 4, and 5 did not have sprint it wouldn't have helped matters at all for Halo. The decline in popularity has been caused by a variety of outside factors, including pressure from competing FPS' which would have still been right there- with or without sprint in those Halo titles.
Those titles have many more problems than just sprint.
Keep sprint, but PLEASE get rid of Spartan Charge!!!!!!

Sprint is an essential part of any shooter and I am completely satisfied with it being part of the game since spartans (if they were real) would definitely be sprinting in so many battles. I ALWAYS used sprint in Halo Reach and it has just made sense ever since then.

But with Spartan Charge........ this was a HUGE joke. It literally gave everyone a chance to "make up" for stupidly rounding a corner without checking their radar or doing their due diligence to make sure noone was there. Now all they have to do is press "b" when someone COMPLETELY SURPRISES them and should have them dead to rights for their screw up. BUT no..... instead the person who stupidly went around the corner so prematurely is rewarded with the surprise attacker losing ALL of his shields AND half of his life. That is just so messed up...

It gives even the most inexperienced rookie the chance to take down even the most experienced player who is used to being able to tactically crouch and wait (not camp - meaning the player was only there for less than 5 seconds). If a person rounded a corner like that in real life would be dead. No question about it, but now everyone can go as fast as they want because they KNOW that they have a "get out of jail free" card with spartan charge. It's beyond frustrating and I want to throw my controller at the screen every time it happens.

It's why I refuse to use Spartan Charge (unless it's in Warzone Firefight - i.e. not going against other gamers) and I always will. Make Halo great again and get rid of spartan charge.

Thank you,
- The Reaper (478)

Sprint is an essential part of any shooter and I am completely satisfied with it being part of the game since spartans (if they were real) would definitely be sprinting in so many battles. I ALWAYS used sprint in Halo Reach and it has just made sense ever since then.

But with Spartan Charge........ this was a HUGE joke. It literally gave everyone a chance to "make up" for stupidly rounding a corner without checking their radar or doing their due diligence to make sure noone was there. Now all they have to do is press "b" when someone COMPLETELY SURPRISES them and should have them dead to rights for their screw up. BUT no..... instead the person who stupidly went around the corner so prematurely is rewarded with the surprise attacker losing ALL of his shields AND half of his life. That is just so messed up...

It gives even the most inexperienced rookie the chance to take down even the most experienced player who is used to being able to tactically crouch and wait (not camp - meaning the player was only there for less than 5 seconds). If a person rounded a corner like that in real life would be dead. No question about it, but now everyone can go as fast as they want because they KNOW that they have a "get out of jail free" card with spartan charge. It's beyond frustrating and I want to throw my controller at the screen every time it happens.

It's why I refuse to use Spartan Charge (unless it's in Warzone Firefight - i.e. not going against other gamers) and I always will. Make Halo great again and get rid of spartan charge.

Thank you,
- The Reaper (478)
I never had a problem with sprint, I dislike the spartan charge, it should be an assassination instead of a slam, like in halo 4
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
Woah there, those are statistics you're tossing around that you cannot back up because they're made up... Pro sprint ALWAYS won in the polls and everyone that I've ever seen and participated in indicated that the pro sprint side won with a slam dunk.

I'm not against anti-sprinters... I do want sprint to stay, yet at the same time I understand what many of you want and would rather have in Halo... I do think that be boring and would even hurt Halo by lowering the population so naturally I just want sprint to stay in Halo games. What I do not appreciate would pro sprinters is the way they GROSSLY try to over-inflate this issue in an effort to gain more exposure than this issue genuinely deserves.

I too have issues with Halo titles- but I wait my turn and express them in respectful ways... I like to hear what others think on the issue- I do not aggressively undercut and undervalue opinions when other people simple do not agree with me (A STARK contrast to the way pro sprinters have approached this issue). I don't sit here and try to perpetuate a thread to make it grow WAY bigger than the life of an average thread in an effort to make the issue appear larger than it really is. I express my opinions peacefully in the Halo Community Feedback system and expect that others may not actually see things the way that I see them. For those things I just went over, I don't appreciate or respect how so many pro-sprinters have conducted themselves regarding this issue.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
Claims to have always been on waypoint. Then why did your earlier reply show that you didn't know why it was gone. Again, the numbers were still correct, just not the question phrasing. And the originl post had 4 options, sprint with flinch, sprint without flinch, followed by no sprint with flinch, and no sprint with no flinch. Therefore flinch did not affect the results. Ifit was only two options, like sprint and flinch or no sprint and no flinch. Those 4 options allow you to just combine both no sprint and both anti sprint to make the two sides and since each side has a pro and anti flinch the flinch variable becomes irrelevant. You have also failed to acknowledge the two other polls on the two other main halo forums. Waypoint isn't the only or the most popular halo forum.
I made an account on Waypoint in 2010 a few days after it was created... I still posted on Bungie.net at that time mostly because Reach was still the biggest thing out at the time- But I have been here quite a while- I did find this post of mine dating back to July, 2012 after a quick search on Google but I probably have older posts here. I wasn't up to date on what happened to all the polls after the last update mostly because I don't follow polls that closely. The sample size is way too small on that Team Beyond poll- there's what about all of 200 people who even responded? Plus I've seen pro sprint win tons of polls on the few that I've taken part in here on Waypoint. Either way that the Reddit user quoted that poll incorrectly- it had only been up for ONE DAY. It could have gone anywhere after that first day- plus you cannot go back and change the poll question and create your own categories later on... That poll was a combination of sprint AND flinch- the Reddit user tried to ONLY pull out sprint from that poll which is wrong and a complete lie. You cannot do that- that's not what the poll asked people so those categories were made up by that Reddit user in an effort to skew those results.
I already explained how you can separate flinch without contaminating the data. And it wasn't just polls it was the entire waypoint site. Now your just making a fool of yourself
I really like sprint, but I agree there should be limitations. Like what they did with the no recharging shields. I like that.
But I think no campaign sprint should be a skull.

Thank you,
- The Reaper (478)
Amen. Lessen the damage. Otherwise im good with it. I like the concept- don't kill me for that
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 495
  4. 496
  5. 497
  6. 498
  7. 499
  8. ...
  9. 840