Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 496
  4. 497
  5. 498
  6. 499
  7. 500
  8. ...
  9. 840
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
Woah there, those are statistics you're tossing around that you cannot back up because they're made up... Pro sprint ALWAYS won in the polls and everyone that I've ever seen and participated in indicated that the pro sprint side won with a slam dunk.

I'm not against anti-sprinters... I do want sprint to stay, yet at the same time I understand what many of you want and would rather have in Halo... I do think that be boring and would even hurt Halo by lowering the population so naturally I just want sprint to stay in Halo games. What I do not appreciate would pro sprinters is the way they GROSSLY try to over-inflate this issue in an effort to gain more exposure than this issue genuinely deserves.

I too have issues with Halo titles- but I wait my turn and express them in respectful ways... I like to hear what others think on the issue- I do not aggressively undercut and undervalue opinions when other people simple do not agree with me (A STARK contrast to the way pro sprinters have approached this issue). I don't sit here and try to perpetuate a thread to make it grow WAY bigger than the life of an average thread in an effort to make the issue appear larger than it really is. I express my opinions peacefully in the Halo Community Feedback system and expect that others may not actually see things the way that I see them. For those things I just went over, I don't appreciate or respect how so many pro-sprinters have conducted themselves regarding this issue.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
Claims to have always been on waypoint. Then why did your earlier reply show that you didn't know why it was gone. Again, the numbers were still correct, just not the question phrasing. And the originl post had 4 options, sprint with flinch, sprint without flinch, followed by no sprint with flinch, and no sprint with no flinch. Therefore flinch did not affect the results. Ifit was only two options, like sprint and flinch or no sprint and no flinch. Those 4 options allow you to just combine both no sprint and both anti sprint to make the two sides and since each side has a pro and anti flinch the flinch variable becomes irrelevant. You have also failed to acknowledge the two other polls on the two other main halo forums. Waypoint isn't the only or the most popular halo forum.
I made an account on Waypoint in 2010 a few days after it was created... I still posted on Bungie.net at that time mostly because Reach was still the biggest thing out at the time- But I have been here quite a while- I did find this post of mine dating back to July, 2012 after a quick search on Google but I probably have older posts here. I wasn't up to date on what happened to all the polls after the last update mostly because I don't follow polls that closely. The sample size is way too small on that Team Beyond poll- there's what about all of 200 people who even responded? Plus I've seen pro sprint win tons of polls on the few that I've taken part in here on Waypoint. Either way that the Reddit user quoted that poll incorrectly- it had only been up for ONE DAY. It could have gone anywhere after that first day- plus you cannot go back and change the poll question and create your own categories later on... That poll was a combination of sprint AND flinch- the Reddit user tried to ONLY pull out sprint from that poll which is wrong and a complete lie. You cannot do that- that's not what the poll asked people so those categories were made up by that Reddit user in an effort to skew those results.
I already explained how you can separate flinch without contaminating the data. And it wasn't just polls it was the entire waypoint site. Now your just making a fool of yourself
In contrast, that Reddit user who lied about that poll actually made a fool out of himself - you cannot separate data from any poll like that- people did not vote against sprint in that poll they voted against flinch! Flinch was a much more hated mechanic and so it's nowhere close to being an accurate representation regarding people's opinions on sprint. And you haven't even touched the fact that in that video that poll was under ONE DAY OLD which wasn't even mentioned by that Reddit user. Like just leave it alone already- that Reddit lied and skewed that data.
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
Woah there, those are statistics you're tossing around that you cannot back up because they're made up... Pro sprint ALWAYS won in the polls and everyone that I've ever seen and participated in indicated that the pro sprint side won with a slam dunk.

I'm not against anti-sprinters... I do want sprint to stay, yet at the same time I understand what many of you want and would rather have in Halo... I do think that be boring and would even hurt Halo by lowering the population so naturally I just want sprint to stay in Halo games. What I do not appreciate would pro sprinters is the way they GROSSLY try to over-inflate this issue in an effort to gain more exposure than this issue genuinely deserves.

I too have issues with Halo titles- but I wait my turn and express them in respectful ways... I like to hear what others think on the issue- I do not aggressively undercut and undervalue opinions when other people simple do not agree with me (A STARK contrast to the way pro sprinters have approached this issue). I don't sit here and try to perpetuate a thread to make it grow WAY bigger than the life of an average thread in an effort to make the issue appear larger than it really is. I express my opinions peacefully in the Halo Community Feedback system and expect that others may not actually see things the way that I see them. For those things I just went over, I don't appreciate or respect how so many pro-sprinters have conducted themselves regarding this issue.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
Claims to have always been on waypoint. Then why did your earlier reply show that you didn't know why it was gone. Again, the numbers were still correct, just not the question phrasing. And the originl post had 4 options, sprint with flinch, sprint without flinch, followed by no sprint with flinch, and no sprint with no flinch. Therefore flinch did not affect the results. Ifit was only two options, like sprint and flinch or no sprint and no flinch. Those 4 options allow you to just combine both no sprint and both anti sprint to make the two sides and since each side has a pro and anti flinch the flinch variable becomes irrelevant. You have also failed to acknowledge the two other polls on the two other main halo forums. Waypoint isn't the only or the most popular halo forum.
I already explained how you can separate flinch without contaminating the data. And it wasn't just polls it was the entire waypoint site. Now your just making a fool of yourself
In contrast, that Reddit user who lied about that poll actually made a fool out of himself - you cannot separate data from any poll like that- people did not vote against sprint in that poll they voted against flinch! Flinch was a much more hated mechanic and so it's nowhere close to being an accurate representation regarding people's opinions on sprint. And you haven't even touched the fact that in that video that poll was under ONE DAY OLD which wasn't even mentioned by that Reddit user. Like just leave it alone already- that Reddit lied and skewed that data.
I already explained how he negated flinch causing bias, divide it into categories, pro and anti sprint, then branch down from each of those, give each of those a pro and anti flinch, you pick your side on sprint, then your side on flinch. See how flinch dosn't affect anything until after you've decided how you feel about sprint. An anti sprint poll is winning right now too.
I would rather just not have sprint
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
Woah there, those are statistics you're tossing around that you cannot back up because they're made up... Pro sprint ALWAYS won in the polls and everyone that I've ever seen and participated in indicated that the pro sprint side won with a slam dunk.

I'm not against anti-sprinters... I do want sprint to stay, yet at the same time I understand what many of you want and would rather have in Halo... I do think that be boring and would even hurt Halo by lowering the population so naturally I just want sprint to stay in Halo games. What I do not appreciate would pro sprinters is the way they GROSSLY try to over-inflate this issue in an effort to gain more exposure than this issue genuinely deserves.

I too have issues with Halo titles- but I wait my turn and express them in respectful ways... I like to hear what others think on the issue- I do not aggressively undercut and undervalue opinions when other people simple do not agree with me (A STARK contrast to the way pro sprinters have approached this issue). I don't sit here and try to perpetuate a thread to make it grow WAY bigger than the life of an average thread in an effort to make the issue appear larger than it really is. I express my opinions peacefully in the Halo Community Feedback system and expect that others may not actually see things the way that I see them. For those things I just went over, I don't appreciate or respect how so many pro-sprinters have conducted themselves regarding this issue.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
Claims to have always been on waypoint. Then why did your earlier reply show that you didn't know why it was gone. Again, the numbers were still correct, just not the question phrasing. And the originl post had 4 options, sprint with flinch, sprint without flinch, followed by no sprint with flinch, and no sprint with no flinch. Therefore flinch did not affect the results. Ifit was only two options, like sprint and flinch or no sprint and no flinch. Those 4 options allow you to just combine both no sprint and both anti sprint to make the two sides and since each side has a pro and anti flinch the flinch variable becomes irrelevant. You have also failed to acknowledge the two other polls on the two other main halo forums. Waypoint isn't the only or the most popular halo forum.
I already explained how you can separate flinch without contaminating the data. And it wasn't just polls it was the entire waypoint site. Now your just making a fool of yourself
In contrast, that Reddit user who lied about that poll actually made a fool out of himself - you cannot separate data from any poll like that- people did not vote against sprint in that poll they voted against flinch! Flinch was a much more hated mechanic and so it's nowhere close to being an accurate representation regarding people's opinions on sprint. And you haven't even touched the fact that in that video that poll was under ONE DAY OLD which wasn't even mentioned by that Reddit user. Like just leave it alone already- that Reddit lied and skewed that data.
I already explained how he negated flinch causing bias, divide it into categories, pro and anti sprint, then branch down from each of those, give each of those a pro and anti flinch, you pick your side on sprint, then your side on flinch. See how flinch dosn't affect anything until after you've decided how you feel about sprint. An anti sprint poll is winning right now too.
No he didn't negate flinch causing bias in that poll- As a matter of fact he completely avoided mentioning Flinch entirely and you're just trying to cover for the lies he provided in that post. The question he incorrectly quoted from the poll was NOT the question asked in that poll. The responses he incorrectly quoted from that poll were NOT the responses in that poll. THAT is lying and skewing the data.

AND ONCE AGAIN YOU AVOIDED ACKNOWLEDGING THAT THE POLL IN THAT VIDEO WAS UNDER 1 DAY OLD! That makes this 3 posts in a row where you've tried to brush this fact under the rug the SAME way that Reddit user did when he referenced the poll.

Thing about a poll being incomplete is that the data is NOT CONCLUSIVE. For all you know pro sprinters won the poll and took the lead a day later.
The masses don't care what competitive wants. No sprint would kill the game, there's a reason it was implemented. If competitive wants no sprint maybe they could make a custom game option to turn it off, as they are the minority.
The masses don't care what competitive wants. No sprint would kill the game, there's a reason it was implemented. If competitive wants no sprint maybe they could make a custom game option to turn it off, as they are the minority.
Yup, anti sprint is definitely the minority... Sometimes they try to skew and lie about polls to make it appear otherwise but most Halo fans are smart enough to know that pro sprint is the vast majority
The masses don't care what competitive wants. No sprint would kill the game, there's a reason it was implemented. If competitive wants no sprint maybe they could make a custom game option to turn it off, as they are the minority.
Yup, anti sprint is definitely the minority... Sometimes they try to skew and lie about polls to make it appear otherwise but most Halo fans are smart enough to know that pro sprint is the vast majority
Because the anti-sprinters left the series for the vast majority.
The masses don't care what competitive wants. No sprint would kill the game, there's a reason it was implemented. If competitive wants no sprint maybe they could make a custom game option to turn it off, as they are the minority.
No, people that are pro sprint are the vocal minority. Deal with it.
Will people ever stop replying to this thread? Seriously, it's been on the front page non-stop for ages. Just let it go people.
I could careless if sprint goes or stays. To me it is not a big deal because i have fun either way with Halo 3 or Halo 5. But most likely it is going to stay no matter what.
The masses don't care what competitive wants. No sprint would kill the game, there's a reason it was implemented. If competitive wants no sprint maybe they could make a custom game option to turn it off, as they are the minority.
Yup, anti sprint is definitely the minority... Sometimes they try to skew and lie about polls to make it appear otherwise but most Halo fans are smart enough to know that pro sprint is the vast majority
You know this how ? So you are just willing to ignore polls that have been made because it does not suit your point of view & label anti sprinters as lying about those polls ?

Okay lets say that you are right and anti sprinters are minority on Waypoint.

But do you know the opinions of the people outside this community, the people who have left Halo ?

No you don't so you cannot say that Anti Sprinters are the minority outside of Waypoint that is.
FISSIE087 wrote:
Will people ever stop replying to this thread? Seriously, it's been on the front page non-stop for ages. Just let it go people.
Passion breeds long winded discussions.
FISSIE087 wrote:
Will people ever stop replying to this thread? Seriously, it's been on the front page non-stop for ages. Just let it go people.
A few people are trying as hard as they can to keep it going to try and over inflate this issue...
No he didn't negate flinch causing bias in that poll- As a matter of fact he completely avoided mentioning Flinch entirely and you're just trying to cover for the lies he provided in that post. The question he incorrectly quoted from the poll was NOT the question asked in that poll. The responses he incorrectly quoted from that poll were NOT the responses in that poll. THAT is lying and skewing the data.
You're the only one who sees a problem here. The options were:

(1) Yes, both mechanics belong in Halo.
(2) Sprint belongs, but Flinch should be taken out.
(3) Flinch belongs, but Sprint should be taken out.
(4) No, neither mechanic belongs in Halo.

The Reddit user took the numbers from (3) and (4) as against sprint. There is no ambiquity here. People who voted for (3) wanted sprint to go away, but not flinch, and people who voted (4) wanted both to go away. There is not a single person who voted (3) or (4) who didn't want rid of sprint. So what's the problem? There's really no flinch causing bias here because anyone who doesn't care about sprint or likes it but still dislikes flinch would simply go for (2). The poll was set up in an entirely acceptable manner.

You're correct that it might have been a good idea for the OP to quote the results directly, if for nothing else, not represent the original data and allow people to draw their own conclusions. But shouting until you're red in the face and insisting that they were lying (implying some level of intention) is hardly appropriate here.

AND ONCE AGAIN YOU AVOIDED ACKNOWLEDGING THAT THE POLL IN THAT VIDEO WAS UNDER 1 DAY OLD! THAT IS 3 POSTS IN A ROW WHERE YOU TRY TO BRUSH THIS UNDER THE RUG JUST LIKE THAT REDDIT USER DID WHO DID NOT MENTION THIS EITHER!!

Thing about a poll being incomplete is that the data is NOT CONCLUSIVE. For all you know pro sprinters won the poll and took the lead a day later.
I would agree that the original, up-to-date data would be nice to have. But again, this isn't something we need to shout about. It's enough to say that the results should be taken with a grain of salt, which I hope we can all agree on.
Naqser wrote:

I'm gonna be honest. Those are some good counter arguments. However, I believe sprint can still improve, in some sense, every one of those points such as; people unable to stop when they become aware of an ambush or trap, getting to the action quicker, spawn in further away (from the objective) safer areas without the cost of having to walk a long distance over to the objective; this isn't fun.

What really is beside the point is that the majority is going to get their way with 343 and it seems that the majority wants to keep the sprint. Halo without sprint will still be fun regardless of what direction they go in but I have a feeling they are going to add, not take away. The master chief collection for now then? All the Halos are fun to play, sprint or no sprint.

On a side note, it's really nice to see some passion for Halo but I'm not sure wether it's because you like it or because you hate it. I really do hope you enjoy what 343 brings us next. I hope the creator of this form enjoys it too. (Between you and me, I think they are trying to steal some Call Of Duty fan boys by making it original but making some of the mechanics more like COD bit by bit. That's not hard though because Cod is trying to make it way too futuristic for its own good.)
I'm not sure what you're getting at with those points. I also do not see for what purpose purpose sprint can improve, or how.

If I interpret the points as I think they may be intended:

Unable to stop for an ambush: I must say that I have never experienced an instance when I've become aware of an ambush, decided to stop but couldn't due to gameplay mechanics.

Getting to action quicker, spawn position relative to objective position: This comes down to spawn mechanics and map design. Sprint doesn't really allow you to get to action quicker than you're intended to, it's only quicker relative to non-sprinting speed in the same game. Which could very well be in the same time if the game didn't have sprint at all, because as noted earlier, the game would then be designed around that.

100 metres at 10 m/s is done in 10 seconds
and so is 150 metres at 15 m/s.

See, any instance where you get really quickly somewhere is because it is a decision made by the designer. That time it took you could very well have been three times as long, regardless of what mechanics are presented for you to use.

No, it's not fun spawning far away from everything, but at best sprint serves as either a band aid, or sugar pill, for those kinds of situations. Because the issue isn't a low BMS, which has been argued to be increased instead of having sprint, but the design of the map and the spawn system.

i343 will do what they do, so yes, sprint will perhaps stay, with their motivation being that the general gamer expects it. Atleast that was what they said before. Question is how long they're motivated to keep tweaking it and balancing it around any intended gameplay they plan. Especially with other non-sprint games being as succesful as they are in this day and age. Yes, MCC is fun and last monday I had a friend over and we had an MCC MP evening, playing everything but Halo 4, nobody voted for it. A blast it sure was.

I personally do not hate Halo 5, it has had its many fun moments, both solo and partied up. I'm sure I'll enjoy what i343 cooks up next, I'm looking very much forward to Halo Wars 2.
FISSIE087 wrote:
Will people ever stop replying to this thread? Seriously, it's been on the front page non-stop for ages. Just let it go people.
A few people are trying as hard as they can to keep it going to try and over inflate this issue...
I wouldn't say that is accurate or fair. Why can't people discuss something that they have an opinion on? Isn't that what forums are all about?

I'm just keen to see the possible success a non sprint Halo could deliver. After all the games we've had with it, and all the discussion about its effect and impact, I think removing it would be the fresh new thing.
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
Woah there, those are statistics you're tossing around that you cannot back up because they're made up... Pro sprint ALWAYS won in the polls and everyone that I've ever seen and participated in indicated that the pro sprint side won with a slam dunk.

I'm not against anti-sprinters... I do want sprint to stay, yet at the same time I understand what many of you want and would rather have in Halo... I do think that be boring and would even hurt Halo by lowering the population so naturally I just want sprint to stay in Halo games. What I do not appreciate would pro sprinters is the way they GROSSLY try to over-inflate this issue in an effort to gain more exposure than this issue genuinely deserves.

I too have issues with Halo titles- but I wait my turn and express them in respectful ways... I like to hear what others think on the issue- I do not aggressively undercut and undervalue opinions when other people simple do not agree with me (A STARK contrast to the way pro sprinters have approached this issue). I don't sit here and try to perpetuate a thread to make it grow WAY bigger than the life of an average thread in an effort to make the issue appear larger than it really is. I express my opinions peacefully in the Halo Community Feedback system and expect that others may not actually see things the way that I see them. For those things I just went over, I don't appreciate or respect how so many pro-sprinters have conducted themselves regarding this issue.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
Claims to have always been on waypoint. Then why did your earlier reply show that you didn't know why it was gone. Again, the numbers were still correct, just not the question phrasing. And the originl post had 4 options, sprint with flinch, sprint without flinch, followed by no sprint with flinch, and no sprint with no flinch. Therefore flinch did not affect the results. Ifit was only two options, like sprint and flinch or no sprint and no flinch. Those 4 options allow you to just combine both no sprint and both anti sprint to make the two sides and since each side has a pro and anti flinch the flinch variable becomes irrelevant. You have also failed to acknowledge the two other polls on the two other main halo forums. Waypoint isn't the only or the most popular halo forum.
.
In contrast, that Reddit user who lied about that poll actually made a fool out of himself - you cannot separate data from any poll like that- people did not vote against sprint in that poll they voted against flinch! Flinch was a much more hated mechanic and so it's nowhere close to being an accurate representation regarding people's opinions on sprint. And you haven't even touched the fact that in that video that poll was under ONE DAY OLD which wasn't even mentioned by that Reddit user. Like just leave it alone already- that Reddit lied and skewed that data.
So, how can it not be an accurate representation of a person's opinion of sprint, but on Flinch it's apparently perfectly fine?

How did people not vote against sprint when there were two options for sprint and two for no-sprint? Just like there were two options for flinch, and two against flinch?

How do you back up the claim that Flinch was much more hated than sprint? How does that affect someone who takes the poll? Did all of those voting against flinch just bash one of the two no-flinch options in rage?
Zeezke99 wrote:
didn't even bother reading it because it is the dumbest topic out there right now. Just because it has sprint doesn't mean its not Halo. It's one whole mechanic, that's it. If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
Except the maps are purposefully stretched out to accompany sprint, so that stretched maps will have the same sprint travel time as a non stretched map with just walking. So
not sprinting is punishing because the game had to be made around it.
Campaign maps aren't. God I wish I could have had sprint on some old campaign misions(Looking at you Two Betrayals)
Jeez, id have given anything for sprint in two betrayals.
Jumpin' Jimminy Jones Jehoshaphat, do you honestly believe that the One would limit the developers as much as the original XBox did?
I never said anything about the Xbox one limiting capabilities, I was just highlighting my opinion on how I would of liked sprint in that mission.
Levels wouldn't need to be reused on current gen--or even last gen. Besides, the only time that I felt like I needed to move faster was when I was playing Legendary Solo, and reached the final big fight: I had to make a couple of trips for extra ammo. That is, until I figured out that you could get a Ghost through the broken door that led to the underground bridge. It takes a little bit of critical thinking, but it can be done. Boom, a vehicle for the entirety of Two Betrayals. Anyway, I liked the atmosphere of that mission, it really made you feel like you were alone. The long walk could even be seen as symbolic. Also, some of the best Warthog launches could be done on that map, there were so many grenades to collect.

Can this bad argument die now?
The masses don't care what competitive wants. No sprint would kill the game, there's a reason it was implemented. If competitive wants no sprint maybe they could make a custom game option to turn it off, as they are the minority.
I'm sure they don't, but the masses will play games considered competitive, no?

So you're saying that no matter what additions and / or changes are done to the gameplay, if the next Halo FPS does not contain sprint, that game will die fast?

Was the reason to implement it because the masses want it? Couldn't we say the same thing about pretty much all additions to Halo 4? You know, custom global loadouts etc.

There's already an "Evolved" setting, I'm sure someone will link it to you if they'd care enough.
Sprint needs to be removed from 'competitive' playlists. I kind of see its purpose in a warzone tyoe game but in average arena slayer its stupid.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 496
  4. 497
  5. 498
  6. 499
  7. 500
  8. ...
  9. 840