Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 497
  4. 498
  5. 499
  6. 500
  7. 501
  8. ...
  9. 840
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
The masses don't care what competitive wants. No sprint would kill the game, there's a reason it was implemented. If competitive wants no sprint maybe they could make a custom game option to turn it off, as they are the minority.
No, people that are pro sprint are the vocal minority. Deal with it.
They could be the vocal minority of the forums, but not the entire halo population, remember that the entire halo population doesn't use the forums. So don't pretend to know who is the vocal minority.
Simple fix: campaign, warzone, & btb keep sprint
Arena gets renamed Esports MLG Fishbowl (since we all know that sprintless maps only work best when as tiny as a fishbowl) and 343i has an update in it's back pocket to add sprint back in after sprintless arena fails
Simple fix: campaign, warzone, & btb keep sprint
Arena gets renamed Esports MLG Fishbowl (since we all know that sprintless maps only work best when as tiny as a fishbowl) and 343i has an update in it's back pocket to add sprint back in after sprintless arena fails
Lol @ Esports MLG Fishbowl, made my day !

But how do you know that Sprintless Halo would fail ?

Heck we have games like Overwatch with no sprint and it has sold over 15million copies and has very much living breathing community.
Osqutin wrote:
Simple fix: campaign, warzone, & btb keep sprint
Arena gets renamed Esports MLG Fishbowl (since we all know that sprintless maps only work best when as tiny as a fishbowl) and 343i has an update in it's back pocket to add sprint back in after sprintless arena fails
Lol @ Esports MLG Fishbowl, made my day !

But how do you know that Sprintless Halo would fail ?

Heck we have games like Overwatch with no sprint and it has sold over 15million copies and has very much living breathing community.
Overwatch is a cheeky class based team FPS and Blizzard knows a thing or two about creating many popular games, Halo on the other hand is a fossil in the pop culture world and sprintless Halo is like downgrading from a ham sandwich to just two slices of bread while most other FPS games are at least soup and sandwiches or more.
Osqutin wrote:
Simple fix: campaign, warzone, & btb keep sprint
Arena gets renamed Esports MLG Fishbowl (since we all know that sprintless maps only work best when as tiny as a fishbowl) and 343i has an update in it's back pocket to add sprint back in after sprintless arena fails
Lol @ Esports MLG Fishbowl, made my day !

But how do you know that Sprintless Halo would fail ?

Heck we have games like Overwatch with no sprint and it has sold over 15million copies and has very much living breathing community.
Overwatch is a cheeky class based team FPS and Blizzard knows a thing or two about creating many popular games, Halo on the other hand is a fossil in the pop culture world and sprintless Halo is like downgrading from a ham sandwich to just two slices of bread while most other FPS games are at least soup and sandwiches or more.
Becauase removing the ham means no lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, butter, fish, chicken, cucumber, pickle, bell peper, seasoning, mayo, mustard, ketchup, olive oil, vinegar, corn, octopus, shrimp, potatosallad, avocado, peas, pineapple, jalapeno, chili, olives or whatever you choose to put on a sandwich, or serve with it, that is not a ham sandwich, can ever be added to your two slices of bread.
Osqutin wrote:
Simple fix: campaign, warzone, & btb keep sprint
Arena gets renamed Esports MLG Fishbowl (since we all know that sprintless maps only work best when as tiny as a fishbowl) and 343i has an update in it's back pocket to add sprint back in after sprintless arena fails
Lol @ Esports MLG Fishbowl, made my day !

But how do you know that Sprintless Halo would fail ?

Heck we have games like Overwatch with no sprint and it has sold over 15million copies and has very much living breathing community.
Overwatch is a cheeky class based team FPS and Blizzard knows a thing or two about creating many popular games, Halo on the other hand is a fossil in the pop culture world and sprintless Halo is like downgrading from a ham sandwich to just two slices of bread while most other FPS games are at least soup and sandwiches or more.
It never ceases to amuse me to see supposed fans of the series state with such confidence that no one actually likes the gameplay that made most of them fans in the first place. Never mind the fact that not playing like every other shooter on the market could in fact be a selling point.

Of course there is no actual evidence that a new 'classic' core Halo game would have done poorly, and the evidence that does exist seems suggests that it is nu-Halo that the public at large doesn't like.

They basically follow the out of touch AAA industry logic of "well x is really popular therefore no one wants to play y ever again." Nevermind the fact that the franchise had not actually started to decline before they decided it needed an overhaul. Nope the cool kids like x style of gameplay so they must all think the thing they already like is now a slow, boring game for fossils.....
Osqutin wrote:
Simple fix: campaign, warzone, & btb keep sprint
Arena gets renamed Esports MLG Fishbowl (since we all know that sprintless maps only work best when as tiny as a fishbowl) and 343i has an update in it's back pocket to add sprint back in after sprintless arena fails
Lol @ Esports MLG Fishbowl, made my day !

But how do you know that Sprintless Halo would fail ?

Heck we have games like Overwatch with no sprint and it has sold over 15million copies and has very much living breathing community.
Overwatch is a cheeky class based team FPS and Blizzard knows a thing or two about creating many popular games, Halo on the other hand is a fossil in the pop culture world and sprintless Halo is like downgrading from a ham sandwich to just two slices of bread while most other FPS games are at least soup and sandwiches or more.
I hate the ham in this sandwich it tastes funny.
synaps555 wrote:
Osqutin wrote:
Simple fix: campaign, warzone, & btb keep sprint
Arena gets renamed Esports MLG Fishbowl (since we all know that sprintless maps only work best when as tiny as a fishbowl) and 343i has an update in it's back pocket to add sprint back in after sprintless arena fails
Lol @ Esports MLG Fishbowl, made my day !

But how do you know that Sprintless Halo would fail ?

Heck we have games like Overwatch with no sprint and it has sold over 15million copies and has very much living breathing community.
Overwatch is a cheeky class based team FPS and Blizzard knows a thing or two about creating many popular games, Halo on the other hand is a fossil in the pop culture world and sprintless Halo is like downgrading from a ham sandwich to just two slices of bread while most other FPS games are at least soup and sandwiches or more.
I hate the ham in this sandwich it tastes funny.
They say that it is made of triple A studios and burned in flames of Upper Management, who worship the Altar of Money and satisfaction of Shareholders.

Whats left these days is nothing of a Halo, only dust and echoes.
Osqutin wrote:
Simple fix: campaign, warzone, & btb keep sprint
Arena gets renamed Esports MLG Fishbowl (since we all know that sprintless maps only work best when as tiny as a fishbowl) and 343i has an update in it's back pocket to add sprint back in after sprintless arena fails
Lol @ Esports MLG Fishbowl, made my day !

But how do you know that Sprintless Halo would fail ?

Heck we have games like Overwatch with no sprint and it has sold over 15million copies and has very much living breathing community.
Overwatch is a cheeky class based team FPS and Blizzard knows a thing or two about creating many popular games, Halo on the other hand is a fossil in the pop culture world and sprintless Halo is like downgrading from a ham sandwich to just two slices of bread while most other FPS games are at least soup and sandwiches or more.
Actually I would say it's the opposite of your analogy. Seems the more 343 tries to make sprint and dynamic movement popular, and try to entice fans of the competition, there's a severe lack of content and community based features that Halo was known for.
Osqutin wrote:
Simple fix: campaign, warzone, & btb keep sprint
Arena gets renamed Esports MLG Fishbowl (since we all know that sprintless maps only work best when as tiny as a fishbowl) and 343i has an update in it's back pocket to add sprint back in after sprintless arena fails
Lol @ Esports MLG Fishbowl, made my day !

But how do you know that Sprintless Halo would fail ?

Heck we have games like Overwatch with no sprint and it has sold over 15million copies and has very much living breathing community.
Overwatch is a cheeky class based team FPS and Blizzard knows a thing or two about creating many popular games, Halo on the other hand is a fossil in the pop culture world and sprintless Halo is like downgrading from a ham sandwich to just two slices of bread while most other FPS games are at least soup and sandwiches or more.
Perhaps one of the things that blizzard knows about creating popular games is not stuffing mechanics into the game that do not belong, simply because they are in other popular games
A BUNCH OF YOU ARE HYPOCRITES. You complain about sprint yet you use it still. Here's an idea don't sprint. Did i blow your mind. I know its crazy that no one has said this unless they have im sorry.
l Jinxed I wrote:
I always make sure to recommend to KEEP sprint in Halo any chance that I get... It's been such a positive change to Halo since it first arrived with Reach and most of us are glad it's permanent now and more than just an armor mod. I see the same couple of guys ensuring this thread keeps on going and going it's a sad and selfish way to "kick a can around," over and over to try and inflate this issue to make it appear way bigger than it actually is or ever was... And no- increasing base speed is not some magical formula that will eradicate sprint or "fix," anything- it would only make Halo worse by making it more BORING like the lack of sprint always has done in much older, dated Halo titles...

The ability to choose between moving fast OR slow is both necessary and beneficial to a fast-paced FPS game like Halo. This thread is like an attention-seeking thing that has gotten way too much exposure thanks to a vocal minority that has chosen to make this one small facet of gameplay in Halo a focal point simply because it isn't their preference. You made your point already so eventually you'll have to let it go... Sprint is in Halo, has been for the past 3 triple-A Halo titles, it's DEFINITELY here to stay.

I sure wouldn't play Halo if sprint was taken out... The sheer boredom of that type of gameplay would be too much for me to put up with. As such I say just the opposite of the title of this thread- removing sprint would actually make Halo no longer feel like Halo.
I'm honestly surprised hearing this come from you.

But seeing as how you have no base for this statement, you opinion is pointless. CSGO is the top FPS game, and it doesn't have sprint. Halo formerly did not have sprint, and it was also at the top. Guess what happened. Not saying sprint is the sole reason.

Wow.
Just like the rest of the vocal minority against sprint- just write off anyone's opinion as "pointless," if it doesn't coincide with your own opinion. Halo is not CSGO. I don't think CSGO is any good anyway, but the comparison is bleak and vague at best. I wish I could say that I was surprised to hear you discounting others' opinions the way these pro sprinters have been... But coming from you I'm honestly not surprised at all. (Though telling someone to "smash [their] monitor," was actually a bit over-the-top... Even for you- the guy just doesn't agree with you about sprint so get over it already)
You don't like csgo, did we ask? I'm pretty sure he just stated its the top FPS, which it is if you check out its sales and viewership on twitch. And your claims are just as baseless as his, there's quite a bit of evidence pointing to anti sprint being a large part of the population around halo 4 that voted for no sprint in polls. suddenly they're gone and pro sprint is winning 50% of the polls and halo 5 has a very low player count. That dosn't seem like a vocal minority to me. That seems quite a bit like a main fanbase that was alienated by the devs.
Woah there, those are statistics you're tossing around that you cannot back up because they're made up... Pro sprint ALWAYS won in the polls and everyone that I've ever seen and participated in indicated that the pro sprint side won with a slam dunk.

I'm not against anti-sprinters... I do want sprint to stay, yet at the same time I understand what many of you want and would rather have in Halo... I do think that be boring and would even hurt Halo by lowering the population so naturally I just want sprint to stay in Halo games. What I do not appreciate would pro sprinters is the way they GROSSLY try to over-inflate this issue in an effort to gain more exposure than this issue genuinely deserves.

I too have issues with Halo titles- but I wait my turn and express them in respectful ways... I like to hear what others think on the issue- I do not aggressively undercut and undervalue opinions when other people simple do not agree with me (A STARK contrast to the way pro sprinters have approached this issue). I don't sit here and try to perpetuate a thread to make it grow WAY bigger than the life of an average thread in an effort to make the issue appear larger than it really is. I express my opinions peacefully in the Halo Community Feedback system and expect that others may not actually see things the way that I see them. For those things I just went over, I don't appreciate or respect how so many pro-sprinters have conducted themselves regarding this issue.
How long have you been around here for? This set of polls had come up hundreds of times by now
That's Reddit... Got any Waypoint polls to speak of?
Claims to have always been on waypoint. Then why did your earlier reply show that you didn't know why it was gone. Again, the numbers were still correct, just not the question phrasing. And the originl post had 4 options, sprint with flinch, sprint without flinch, followed by no sprint with flinch, and no sprint with no flinch. Therefore flinch did not affect the results. Ifit was only two options, like sprint and flinch or no sprint and no flinch. Those 4 options allow you to just combine both no sprint and both anti sprint to make the two sides and since each side has a pro and anti flinch the flinch variable becomes irrelevant. You have also failed to acknowledge the two other polls on the two other main halo forums. Waypoint isn't the only or the most popular halo forum.
I already explained how you can separate flinch without contaminating the data. And it wasn't just polls it was the entire waypoint site. Now your just making a fool of yourself
In contrast, that Reddit
I already explained how he negated flinch causing bias, divide it into categories, pro and anti sprint, then branch down from each of those, give each of those a pro and anti flinch, you pick your side on sprint, then your side on flinch. See how flinch dosn't affect anything until after you've decided how you feel about sprint. An anti sprint poll is winning right now too.
No he didn't negate flinch causing bias in that poll- As a matter of fact he completely avoided mentioning Flinch entirely and you're just trying to cover for the lies he provided in that post. The question he incorrectly quoted from the poll was NOT the question asked in that poll. The responses he incorrectly quoted from that poll were NOT the responses in that poll. THAT is lying and skewing the data.

AND ONCE AGAIN YOU AVOIDED ACKNOWLEDGING THAT THE POLL IN THAT VIDEO WAS UNDER 1 DAY OLD! That makes this 3 posts in a row where you've tried to brush this fact under the rug the SAME way that Reddit user did when he referenced the poll.

Thing about a poll being incomplete is that the data is NOT CONCLUSIVE. For all you know pro sprinters won the poll and took the lead a day later.
My god your trying so hard right now, I was talking about the original poll and the four options it had. You can just go on your way as this will be my last reply. All you've done is make a fool of yourself in these last few pages.
Xathoron wrote:
A BUNCH OF YOU ARE HYPOCRITES. You complain about sprint yet you use it still. Here's an idea don't sprint. Did i blow your mind. I know its crazy that no one has said this unless they have im sorry.
so we can move across the maps at a snails pace since they have been stretched out to allow sprint and get picked apart by the ridiculous aim assist / bullet magnetism that has been built into the game to accommodate sprint and thrusters? yeah you bet dude, it's cool if you like sprint, but I swear at least 95% of you don't even make an attempt to understand the other side of the discussion before posting
Xathoron wrote:
A BUNCH OF YOU ARE HYPOCRITES. You complain about sprint yet you use it still. Here's an idea don't sprint. Did i blow your mind. I know its crazy that no one has said this unless they have im sorry.
Lol. Il be nice and assume you legitimately are new to this thread so you don't understand the anti sprint argument. Due to sprint maps are bigger, meaning there are large dead zones with no combat for you to sprint across. Since BMS is now lower you can't just "not use sprint" without being at a signifigant disadvantage as you can't get back to combat through these large dead zones. Sprint also separates combat and movement, because of the low BMS combat is very slowed down, and even if we aren't using sprint ever we still have a low BMS.
Gandalfur wrote:
Halo 6 could be the game EVERYONE wants by removing sprint in campaign (yes because who the -Yoink- needs TWO movement speeds in campaign????) and
arena multiplayer at first I thought a no sprint playlist might be optimal but hear me out. I pretty sure the new spartan abilities (save -Yoinking!- spartan charge) would be GENERALLY accepted in a halo game if they werent accompanied by sprint it would feel more competitive more strategic and would also still be recognizable to the fine tuned experience we got in halo 5. Warzone and customs would be a whole other beast entirely retaining ALL the features that made halo 5 successful would keep warzone great and would also allow more options for custom games, for those people that actually wanted to play in a sprint arena type setting they could actually fire up the in game custom game lobby adjust the filter and be good to go! lets face it, sprint has NO place in competitve halo and to argue that it does would just be absurd. this would allow arena maps to continue to be designed the PROPER way and please the vets and basically everyone whos willing to give it a chance and you wouldnt lose much of your sprint loving audience at all because there would still be sprint in the game it would just take a backseat!
Thoughts? :3
This post is nearing 1,000 replies, I'm gonna make this into a poll and put the link here.
Xathoron wrote:
A BUNCH OF YOU ARE HYPOCRITES. You complain about sprint yet you use it still. Here's an idea don't sprint. Did i blow your mind. I know its crazy that no one has said this unless they have im sorry.
Lol. Il be nice and assume you legitimately are new to this thread so you don't understand the anti sprint argument. Due to sprint maps are bigger, meaning there are large dead zones with no combat for you to sprint across. Since BMS is now lower you can't just "not use sprint" without being at a signifigant disadvantage as you can't get back to combat through these large dead zones. Sprint also separates combat and movement, because of the low BMS combat is very slowed down, and even if we aren't using sprint ever we still have a low BMS
Xathoron wrote:
A BUNCH OF YOU ARE HYPOCRITES. You complain about sprint yet you use it still. Here's an idea don't sprint. Did i blow your mind. I know its crazy that no one has said this unless they have im sorry.
Lol. Il be nice and assume you legitimately are new to this thread so you don't understand the anti sprint argument. Due to sprint maps are bigger, meaning there are large dead zones with no combat for you to sprint across. Since BMS is now lower you can't just "not use sprint" without being at a signifigant disadvantage as you can't get back to combat through these large dead zones. Sprint also separates combat and movement, because of the low BMS combat is very slowed down, and even if we aren't using sprint ever we still have a low BMS.
What do mean by Dead zones?
"by removing sprint in campaign"

if this happens i stop playing xbox/halo.
i already find it to slow in Halo 5 multiplayer and Halo 1/2 Anniversary (and Halo 3) i cant imagine myself going back in 2001
Anti-sprinters, please don't say leave campaign with sprint and remove sprint from multiplayer. Single player is important as much as multiplayer.
PSYCHOROID wrote:
"by removing sprint in campaign"

if this happens i stop playing xbox/halo.
i already find it to slow in Halo 5 multiplayer and Halo 1/2 Anniversary (and Halo 3) i cant imagine myself going back in 2001
I guess Doom is too slow for you.
GED2208 wrote:
Xathoron wrote:
A BUNCH OF YOU ARE HYPOCRITES. You complain about sprint yet you use it still. Here's an idea don't sprint. Did i blow your mind. I know its crazy that no one has said this unless they have im sorry.
Lol. Il be nice and assume you legitimately are new to this thread so you don't understand the anti sprint argument. Due to sprint maps are bigger, meaning there are large dead zones with no combat for you to sprint across. Since BMS is now lower you can't just "not use sprint" without being at a signifigant disadvantage as you can't get back to combat through these large dead zones. Sprint also separates combat and movement, because of the low BMS combat is very slowed down, and even if we aren't using sprint ever we still have a low BMS
Xathoron wrote:
A BUNCH OF YOU ARE HYPOCRITES. You complain about sprint yet you use it still. Here's an idea don't sprint. Did i blow your mind. I know its crazy that no one has said this unless they have im sorry.
Lol. Il be nice and assume you legitimately are new to this thread so you don't understand the anti sprint argument. Due to sprint maps are bigger, meaning there are large dead zones with no combat for you to sprint across. Since BMS is now lower you can't just "not use sprint" without being at a signifigant disadvantage as you can't get back to combat through these large dead zones. Sprint also separates combat and movement, because of the low BMS combat is very slowed down, and even if we aren't using sprint ever we still have a low BMS.
What do mean by Dead zones?
The maps are bigger, but combat still only happens in a few small areas at any given time. Which makes the rest of the map nothing but travel time to get into the action. When the maps aren't bigger because of sprint we don't have that problem.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 497
  4. 498
  5. 499
  6. 500
  7. 501
  8. ...
  9. 840