Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 838
Gandalfur wrote:
Snip..
If you truly believe this, download my pro slayer game type on customs and play with up to 12 friends and prove you like it. No changing speed nor jump or any base traits. If you don't, you're a troll and bored. Get going, 24 hrs before I report you for trolling.
That seems arbitrary. No-sprint settings with buffed speed are still no-sprint settings.
That is just your opinion. For a lot of people removing sprint will not be enough to make them go back to Halo. With Reach, MCC, 4, 5, some people have already lost hope.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
but thats the thing we are still keeping sprint, its there its still an option and if you wanted to play with it you could play warzone or custom games. thing is halos 1-3 were fine without sprint in the campaign and the arena aspect. What does sprint bring to those gamemodes that improve on the experience and dont just take away from it?
I notice you still haven't attempted to address my points and now you are attempting to shift the burden of proof. Support your claim if you want it to be taken seriously. If you want sprint removed give a well reasoned and supported argument other wise you are just wasting my time. Oh and randomly implying that sprint takes away from game modes is meaningless drivel without actual support.
Have you not been on Halo forums long? People have been been giving detailed, in-depth explanations supporting a lack of sprint and how sprint negatively affects the game for years now. You're telling me you've heard none of them?
I haven't seen a good one and I've been reading them since 2010, mate. The OP made claims, he failed to support them.
Oh, so you've seen them, you just don't understand them.
Yeah. Nice attempt to deflect, kiddo. You can't support your claim that sprint is bad so you attempt a personal attack. Thank you for illustrating that you don't have a leg to stand on though.
Well, you have said that there's no evidence or argument for why sprint has no place in competitive. Most competitive players could tell you why in great detail and since you say you've been reading these arguments since 2010, it means you didn't understand. Unless you're suggesting that the very people who play competitive and know the gameplay inside and out don't have good arguments. In that case, it would look like the Dunning-Kruger effect is on full display.
Gandalfur wrote:
Halo 6 could be the game EVERYONE wants by removing sprint in campaign (yes because who the -Yoink- needs TWO movement speeds in campaign????) and
arena multiplayer at first I thought a no sprint playlist might be optimal but hear me out. I pretty sure the new spartan abilities (save -Yoinking!- spartan charge) would be GENERALLY accepted in a halo game if they werent accompanied by sprint it would feel more competitive more strategic and would also still be recognizable to the fine tuned experience we got in halo 5. Warzone and customs would be a whole other beast entirely retaining ALL the features that made halo 5 successful would keep warzone great and would also allow more options for custom games, for those people that actually wanted to play in a sprint arena type setting they could actually fire up the in game custom game lobby adjust the filter and be good to go! lets face it, sprint has NO place in competitve halo and to argue that it does would just be absurd. this would allow arena maps to continue to be designed the PROPER way and please the vets and basically everyone whos willing to give it a chance and you wouldnt lose much of your sprint loving audience at all because there would still be sprint in the game it would just take a backseat!
Thoughts? :3
I think sprint should stay, I have adapted.
I would love a new Halo without sprint.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
but thats the thing we are still keeping sprint, its there its still an option and if you wanted to play with it you could play warzone or custom games. thing is halos 1-3 were fine without sprint in the campaign and the arena aspect. What does sprint bring to those gamemodes that improve on the experience and dont just take away from it?
I notice you still haven't attempted to address my points and now you are attempting to shift the burden of proof. Support your claim if you want it to be taken seriously. If you want sprint removed give a well reasoned and supported argument other wise you are just wasting my time. Oh and randomly implying that sprint takes away from game modes is meaningless drivel without actual support.
Have you not been on Halo forums long? People have been been giving detailed, in-depth explanations supporting a lack of sprint and how sprint negatively affects the game for years now. You're telling me you've heard none of them?
I haven't seen a good one and I've been reading them since 2010, mate. The OP made claims, he failed to support them.
Oh, so you've seen them, you just don't understand them.
Yeah. Nice attempt to deflect, kiddo. You can't support your claim that sprint is bad so you attempt a personal attack. Thank you for illustrating that you don't have a leg to stand on though.
Well, you have said that there's no evidence or argument for why sprint has no place in competitive. Most competitive players could tell you why in great detail and since you say you've been reading these arguments since 2010, it means you didn't understand. Unless you're suggesting that the very people who play competitive and know the gameplay inside and out don't have good arguments. In that case, it would look like the Dunning-Kruger effect is on full display.
Support the argument. Stating 'these unnamed sources would agree with me' is meaningless if you don't bring them forth and claiming 'most' would agree with you without evidence is equally pointless. Support your claim. Show me some evidence. Or stop wasting my time. It is okay to say "I don't like it." But claiming it is harmful to the game without evidence is utterly useless.

Oh and again you stoop to a failed personal attack rather than making an actual argument.
If sprint were removed, sliding would also be gone since you need to sprint in order to slide.
sliding is useless though so who would actually care
why is sprint bad again.? I am still trying to figure this out.....
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
but thats the thing we are still keeping sprint, its there its still an option and if you wanted to play with it you could play warzone or custom games. thing is halos 1-3 were fine without sprint in the campaign and the arena aspect. What does sprint bring to those gamemodes that improve on the experience and dont just take away from it?
I notice you still haven't attempted to address my points and now you are attempting to shift the burden of proof. Support your claim if you want it to be taken seriously. If you want sprint removed give a well reasoned and supported argument other wise you are just wasting my time. Oh and randomly implying that sprint takes away from game modes is meaningless drivel without actual support.
Have you not been on Halo forums long? People have been been giving detailed, in-depth explanations supporting a lack of sprint and how sprint negatively affects the game for years now. You're telling me you've heard none of them?
I haven't seen a good one and I've been reading them since 2010, mate. The OP made claims, he failed to support them.
Oh, so you've seen them, you just don't understand them.
Yeah. Nice attempt to deflect, kiddo. You can't support your claim that sprint is bad so you attempt a personal attack. Thank you for illustrating that you don't have a leg to stand on though.
Well, you have said that there's no evidence or argument for why sprint has no place in competitive. Most competitive players could tell you why in great detail and since you say you've been reading these arguments since 2010, it means you didn't understand. Unless you're suggesting that the very people who play competitive and know the gameplay inside and out don't have good arguments. In that case, it would look like the Dunning-Kruger effect is on full display.
Support the argument. Stating 'these unnamed sources would agree with me' is meaningless if you don't bring them forth and claiming 'most' would agree with you without evidence is equally pointless. Support your claim. Show me some evidence. Or stop wasting my time. It is okay to say "I don't like it." But claiming it is harmful to the game without evidence is utterly useless.
Don't need to, you've said you've been following the arguments for years, so you must've seen these arguments (God knows, they've been made multiple time). In which case it stands to reason that either you didn't understand them or think that competitive players know little of the very way they play. Makes sense though, because you're clearly don't think there are problems with it and if you're ignorant of the problems then you can't understand the solutions.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
but thats the thing we are still keeping sprint, its there its still an option and if you wanted to play with it you could play warzone or custom games. thing is halos 1-3 were fine without sprint in the campaign and the arena aspect. What does sprint bring to those gamemodes that improve on the experience and dont just take away from it?
I notice you still haven't attempted to address my points and now you are attempting to shift the burden of proof. Support your claim if you want it to be taken seriously. If you want sprint removed give a well reasoned and supported argument other wise you are just wasting my time. Oh and randomly implying that sprint takes away from game modes is meaningless drivel without actual support.
Have you not been on Halo forums long? People have been been giving detailed, in-depth explanations supporting a lack of sprint and how sprint negatively affects the game for years now. You're telling me you've heard none of them?
I haven't seen a good one and I've been reading them since 2010, mate. The OP made claims, he failed to support them.
Oh, so you've seen them, you just don't understand them.
Yeah. Nice attempt to deflect, kiddo. You can't support your claim that sprint is bad so you attempt a personal attack. Thank you for illustrating that you don't have a leg to stand on though.
Well, you have said that there's no evidence or argument for why sprint has no place in competitive. Most competitive players could tell you why in great detail and since you say you've been reading these arguments since 2010, it means you didn't understand. Unless you're suggesting that the very people who play competitive and know the gameplay inside and out don't have good arguments. In that case, it would look like the Dunning-Kruger effect is on full display.
Support the argument. Stating 'these unnamed sources would agree with me' is meaningless if you don't bring them forth and claiming 'most' would agree with you without evidence is equally pointless. Support your claim. Show me some evidence. Or stop wasting my time. It is okay to say "I don't like it." But claiming it is harmful to the game without evidence is utterly useless.
Don't need to, you've said you've been following the arguments for years, so you must've seen these arguments (God knows, they've been made multiple time). In which case it stands to reason that either you didn't understand them or think that competitive players know little of the very way they play. Makes sense though, because you're clearly don't think there are problems with it and if you're ignorant of the problems then you can't understand the solutions.
Translation: You can't support the argument you are making you are just trying to waste my time.
I sayy keep sprint.
MR R1D3R wrote:
why is sprint bad again.? I am still trying to figure this out.....
Even those who don't want it aren't sure whats bad about it. All they see is that Halo 5 has sprint and 1-3 didn't, so 5 shouldn't have it either. Round and round we go.
I do not think thatt removing sprint would make halo better.
The OP seems to want to stay in the past, with the books and other stories describing how fast Kelly (and other Spartans) can run why would not have sprint? Did the Spartans just "forget" how to run? Yeah just keep sprint. Also saying sprint turns a Halo game into not being a Halo game is a pretty silly and short sighted thing to say
But... My spartan won't be in shape then. :(
Nooga wrote:
Id rather keep sprint.
Indeed
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
but thats the thing we are still keeping sprint, its there its still an option and if you wanted to play with it you could play warzone or custom games. thing is halos 1-3 were fine without sprint in the campaign and the arena aspect. What does sprint bring to those gamemodes that improve on the experience and dont just take away from it?
I notice you still haven't attempted to address my points and now you are attempting to shift the burden of proof. Support your claim if you want it to be taken seriously. If you want sprint removed give a well reasoned and supported argument other wise you are just wasting my time. Oh and randomly implying that sprint takes away from game modes is meaningless drivel without actual support.
Have you not been on Halo forums long? People have been been giving detailed, in-depth explanations supporting a lack of sprint and how sprint negatively affects the game for years now. You're telling me you've heard none of them?
I haven't seen a good one and I've been reading them since 2010, mate. The OP made claims, he failed to support them.
Oh, so you've seen them, you just don't understand them.
Yeah. Nice attempt to deflect, kiddo. You can't support your claim that sprint is bad so you attempt a personal attack. Thank you for illustrating that you don't have a leg to stand on though.
Well, you have said that there's no evidence or argument for why sprint has no place in competitive. Most competitive players could tell you why in great detail and since you say you've been reading these arguments since 2010, it means you didn't understand. Unless you're suggesting that the very people who play competitive and know the gameplay inside and out don't have good arguments. In that case, it would look like the Dunning-Kruger effect is on full display.
Support the argument. Stating 'these unnamed sources would agree with me' is meaningless if you don't bring them forth and claiming 'most' would agree with you without evidence is equally pointless. Support your claim. Show me some evidence. Or stop wasting my time. It is okay to say "I don't like it." But claiming it is harmful to the game without evidence is utterly useless.
Don't need to, you've said you've been following the arguments for years, so you must've seen these arguments (God knows, they've been made multiple time). In which case it stands to reason that either you didn't understand them or think that competitive players know little of the very way they play. Makes sense though, because you're clearly don't think there are problems with it and if you're ignorant of the problems then you can't understand the solutions.
Translation: You can't support the argument you are making you are just trying to waste my time.
Like I've been saying, I don't need to support it because you told me you've been keeping up with the arguments. You're clearly not looking to educate yourself, so why would I bother? Six years of willful ignorance isn't gonna be fixed in one post. I feel like I've been saying this a lot today, but Beyond is the home of competitive players, so ask the source if you're actually willing to learn.
343s just tring to keep relevant, most FPS games have sprint, so halo must have sprint, same with sliding
Gandalfur wrote:
but thats the thing we are still keeping sprint, its there its still an option and if you wanted to play with it you could play warzone or custom games. thing is halos 1-3 were fine without sprint in the campaign and the arena aspect. What does sprint bring to those gamemodes that improve on the experience and dont just take away from it?
You do realize sprint was supposed to be in halo 2
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 838