Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 608
  4. 609
  5. 610
  6. 611
  7. 612
  8. ...
  9. 840
Precision wrote:
Precision wrote:
Let's be honest, with the current state of Halo sprint is the least thing people want to get removed or even modified.
Thats what I`m saying. But the over-vocal minority just continually whines about a game mechanic which actually increases skill gap.
Let me state this once again for you incredibly dense people.
MORE MOVEMENT POSSIBILITIES AND DECISION MAKING INCREASES THE SKILL GAP. PERIOD.
I wish these people were as motivated to tack the real issues such as radar, splinter nades, spartan charge, map design, hitboxes, bullet magnetism, the list goes on.
Does that make infinite warfare a super skill based game because it has so many options? is CSGO non competitive because it dosn't have any fancy movement options? Complexity dosn't increase the skill gap. Depth does. Complexity and depth are NOT the same thing. Look at halo CE, a large difference between the perfect headshot TTK and the long body shot TTK, easy to pick up and get slow kills, but hard to master and get prefect three shots. Good map design, a high BMS, and projectile weapons cause high skill gunfights with strafing, but in halo 5 with a low BMS and hitscan gunfights require little skill to point and shoot, let alone the powerfull autos. Sprint dosn't add to gunfights in any way, it adds depth to movement when you aren't fighting, but we aren't here to play running simulator. We're here to play halo.
Completely different games than halo dude. Infinite warfare is the perfect example as to what happens when too much -Yoink- is added into a game. Sad thing is, it will still have a larger player base than halo. What I am picking up from you is basically a robot that can run around like a dog with akimbo machine guns is just as evil and useless as a simle sprint mechanic added into halo? Okay bro. Lmao. Halo 5 has incorporated sprint in a very nice way, and kept the halo feel except for a few OTHER aspects. The problem is the misplaced blame onto sprint. Sprint in not problem in H5. It was in reach and H4, I will agree with that. Now that the player base is starting to recover BECAUSE of H5, you people want to then divide that community? Are you high? That is community/franchise suicide. There is nothing wrong with the simple H5 sprint. You people are exaggerating every single aspect of it when your blame needs to be shifted elsewhere. It has become very tiresome explaining that something as simple as a nerfed sprint mechanic cannot kill halo. You people are so incredibly toxic to this community that it really does make me sad, and feel bad for you. Im going to go play halo now. If I see someone give an ACTUAL argument besides a biased, vendetta driven outrage towards sprint I will respond. But otherwise im done being lectured about arena mechanics by a group of people who uninstalled the game 2 months after release, never play arena, or on their 2nd account to give likes to themselves and friends on these forum posts. That is seriously pathetic. This was mainly directed at previous posters, not you Hades.
There's a number of things that don't make sense in your post (and most of what you said was just wrong), but that stuck out to me. What do you consider "recovered"? Because less sales and player population than Halo 4 (which had less than Reach, which had less than Halo 3) typically means the opposite of recovering.

Sin should've sent someone different if he was hoping for his poor effort to be taken seriously.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Precision wrote:
Precision wrote:
Let's be honest, with the current state of Halo sprint is the least thing people want to get removed or even modified.
Thats what I`m saying. But the over-vocal minority just continually whines about a game mechanic which actually increases skill gap.
Let me state this once again for you incredibly dense people.
MORE MOVEMENT POSSIBILITIES AND DECISION MAKING INCREASES THE SKILL GAP. PERIOD.
I wish these people were as motivated to tack the real issues such as radar, splinter nades, spartan charge, map design, hitboxes, bullet magnetism, the list goes on.
Does that make infinite warfare a super skill based game because it has so many options? is CSGO non competitive because it dosn't have any fancy movement options? Complexity dosn't increase the skill gap. Depth does. Complexity and depth are NOT the same thing. Look at halo CE, a large difference between the perfect headshot TTK and the long body shot TTK, easy to pick up and get slow kills, but hard to master and get prefect three shots. Good map design, a high BMS, and projectile weapons cause high skill gunfights with strafing, but in halo 5 with a low BMS and hitscan gunfights require little skill to point and shoot, let alone the powerfull autos. Sprint dosn't add to gunfights in any way, it adds depth to movement when you aren't fighting, but we aren't here to play running simulator. We're here to play halo.
Completely different games than halo dude. Infinite warfare is the perfect example as to what happens when too much -Yoink- is added into a game. Sad thing is, it will still have a larger player base than halo. What I am picking up from you is basically a robot that can run around like a dog with akimbo machine guns is just as evil and useless as a simle sprint mechanic added into halo? Okay bro. Lmao. Halo 5 has incorporated sprint in a very nice way, and kept the halo feel except for a few OTHER aspects. The problem is the misplaced blame onto sprint. Sprint in not problem in H5. It was in reach and H4, I will agree with that. Now that the player base is starting to recover BECAUSE of H5, you people want to then divide that community? Are you high? That is community/franchise suicide. There is nothing wrong with the simple H5 sprint. You people are exaggerating every single aspect of it when your blame needs to be shifted elsewhere. It has become very tiresome explaining that something as simple as a nerfed sprint mechanic cannot kill halo. You people are so incredibly toxic to this community that it really does make me sad, and feel bad for you. Im going to go play halo now. If I see someone give an ACTUAL argument besides a biased, vendetta driven outrage towards sprint I will respond. But otherwise im done being lectured about arena mechanics by a group of people who uninstalled the game 2 months after release, never play arena, or on their 2nd account to give likes to themselves and friends on these forum posts. That is seriously pathetic. This was mainly directed at previous posters, not you Hades.
I'm so done. This man said the player base is starting to recover because of H5 *throws computer out the window*
Precision wrote:
Precision wrote:
Let's be honest, with the current state of Halo sprint is the least thing people want to get removed or even modified.
Thats what I`m saying. But the over-vocal minority just continually whines about a game mechanic which actually increases skill gap.

Let me state this once again for you incredibly dense people.
MORE MOVEMENT POSSIBILITIES AND DECISION MAKING INCREASES THE SKILL GAP. PERIOD.

I wish these people were as motivated to tack the real issues such as radar, splinter nades, spartan charge, map design, hitboxes, bullet magnetism, the list goes on.
Does that make infinite warfare a super skill based game because it has so many options? is CSGO non competitive because it dosn't have any fancy movement options? Complexity dosn't increase the skill gap. Depth does. Complexity and depth are NOT the same thing. Look at halo CE, a large difference between the perfect headshot TTK and the long body shot TTK, easy to pick up and get slow kills, but hard to master and get prefect three shots. Good map design, a high BMS, and projectile weapons cause high skill gunfights with strafing, but in halo 5 with a low BMS and hitscan gunfights require little skill to point and shoot, let alone the powerfull autos. Sprint dosn't add to gunfights in any way, it adds depth to movement when you aren't fighting, but we aren't here to play running simulator. We're here to play halo.
Completely different games than halo dude. Infinite warfare is the perfect example as to what happens when too much -Yoink- is added into a game. Sad thing is, it will still have a larger player base than halo. What I am picking up from you is basically a robot that can run around like a dog with akimbo machine guns is just as evil and useless as a simle sprint mechanic added into halo? Okay bro. Lmao. Halo 5 has incorporated sprint in a very nice way, and kept the halo feel except for a few OTHER aspects. The problem is the misplaced blame onto sprint. Sprint in not problem in H5. It was in reach and H4, I will agree with that. Now that the player base is starting to recover BECAUSE of H5, you people want to then divide that community? Are you high? That is community/franchise suicide. There is nothing wrong with the simple H5 sprint. You people are exaggerating every single aspect of it when your blame needs to be shifted elsewhere. It has become very tiresome explaining that something as simple as a nerfed sprint mechanic cannot kill halo. You people are so incredibly toxic to this community that it really does make me sad, and feel bad for you. Im going to go play halo now. If I see someone give an ACTUAL argument besides a biased, vendetta driven outrage towards sprint I will respond. But otherwise im done being lectured about arena mechanics by a group of people who uninstalled the game 2 months after release, never play arena, or on their 2nd account to give likes to themselves and friends on these forum posts. That is seriously pathetic. This was mainly directed at previous posters, not you Hades.
What recovering fanbase is there? Didn't h5 regress even further in sales than reach and h5? Sprint is even one of the constants that has stayed with each regressing game. You even mentioned sprint being nerfed, clearly that shows it has issues then and the devs are trying to "compromise" by adding penalties hoping that those who disliked it would tolerate it better, but no, it's actually done the opposite as you now have people complaining about shields not recharging. As has been said a long time ago, 343 can modify how sprint works game by game, in the end, no how much they try to force it to work, it just won't work unless they completely abandon how halo plays, but because they're still wanting to hold onto the tiny parts left of halo, sprint won't meld with it. I mean really, if sprint wasn't an issue why have the devs changed its function every game? What happens come h6 and they attempt another version? That shows it didn't fit in h5.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Precision wrote:
Ah yes, because the H5 community is worse than the barren wasteland that was Halo 4? Okay. Lmao. Looking at sales alone does not determine a game`s popularity whatsoever. MCC sold a ton of games, its popular now right? Idiots. You guys are like trying to argue with a 6 year old who just thinks having the last word makes them win an argument. Which also explains the hundreds of pages of the same idiots and their 2nd waypoint accounts.

Maybe I can end this in a way you plebs will understand as an actual argument by your standards.

*Ahem*
Git gud
Halo 5's community's pretty barren. Player retention's pretty bad, despite the sales figures. And I find it funny that you say arguing with us is like arguing with a 6 year old who needs to get the last jab in, when you once inserted a "-mic drop-" comment into your argument against me, like you just game over'd me despite the immense amount of flawed logic to your points. That's only reinforced by the "git gud".
Precision wrote:
Ah yes, because the H5 community is worse than the barren wasteland that was Halo 4? Okay. Lmao. Looking at sales alone does not determine a game`s popularity whatsoever. MCC sold a ton of games, its popular now right? Idiots. You guys are like trying to argue with a 6 year old who just thinks having the last word makes them win an argument. Which also explains the hundreds of pages of the same idiots and their 2nd waypoint accounts.

Maybe I can end this in a way you plebs will understand as an actual argument by your standards.

*Ahem*
Git gud
So if a continuing decline in sales and player population doesn't mean the opposite of recovery, then what does "recover" mean to you? Are you afraid to answer this question or do you need Sins permission to answer it?
This topic was dead before MCC back in Halo 4. Games change directions. Sprint is one where it's hard to go back on. Even though I personally would love sprint to be gone and maps to be like halo 2 and 3 it simply isn't going to happen. The pace of the game is faster with sprint and people are now used to it and if you slow the game down your random player will get bored more easily. Sprint is here to stay. At least jetpacks are gone as is armor lock so things could be much worse.
Precision wrote:
Ah yes, because the H5 community is worse than the barren wasteland that was Halo 4? Okay. Lmao. Looking at sales alone does not determine a game`s popularity whatsoever. MCC sold a ton of games, its popular now right? Idiots. You guys are like trying to argue with a 6 year old who just thinks having the last word makes them win an argument. Which also explains the hundreds of pages of the same idiots and their 2nd waypoint accounts.

Maybe I can end this in a way you plebs will understand as an actual argument by your standards.

*Ahem*
Git gud
Mcc sold 3 million last time I checked, even worse than h5 and you ignore the fact that many won't waste money on something they've already played when it comes to remastered games. Are you really agitated so much that your recent post added absolutely no value other than frustration? It's funny you mention the last word saying yet you pull one with nothing but insults and frustration.

git gud on your arguements.

P.s. Still waiting for concrete data on this vocal minority you mentioned earlier. I mean, you seem to have an idea on alt accounts, why can't you show anything for this minority?
Endeziken wrote:
This topic was dead before MCC back in Halo 4. Games change directions. Sprint is one where it's hard to go back on. Even though I personally would love sprint to be gone and maps to be like halo 2 and 3 it simply isn't going to happen. The pace of the game is faster with sprint and people are now used to it and if you slow the game down your random player will get bored more easily. Sprint is here to stay. At least jetpacks are gone as is armor lock so things could be much worse.
Overwatch seems to be doing fine. Considering the only character in that game that can sprint is only used 6% of the time, people don't seem to care that much about not being able to sprint. Plus, what you said about about the faster pace isn't quite correct. (Read the links in that post as well)
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Endeziken wrote:
This topic was dead before MCC back in Halo 4. Games change directions. Sprint is one where it's hard to go back on. Even though I personally would love sprint to be gone and maps to be like halo 2 and 3 it simply isn't going to happen. The pace of the game is faster with sprint and people are now used to it and if you slow the game down your random player will get bored more easily. Sprint is here to stay. At least jetpacks are gone as is armor lock so things could be much worse.
Overwatch seems to be doing fine. Considering the only character in that game that can sprint is only used 6% of the time, people don't seem to care that much about not being able to sprint. Plus, what you said about about the faster pace isn't quite correct. (Read the links in that post as well)
Overwatch isn't a sequel. If Overwatch 2 has sprint you would expect Overwatch 3 to have sprint still. No offense but Halo isn't overwatch, it's comparing apples and oranges.
Endeziken wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Endeziken wrote:
This topic was dead before MCC back in Halo 4. Games change directions. Sprint is one where it's hard to go back on. Even though I personally would love sprint to be gone and maps to be like halo 2 and 3 it simply isn't going to happen. The pace of the game is faster with sprint and people are now used to it and if you slow the game down your random player will get bored more easily. Sprint is here to stay. At least jetpacks are gone as is armor lock so things could be much worse.
Overwatch seems to be doing fine. Considering the only character in that game that can sprint is only used 6% of the time, people don't seem to care that much about not being able to sprint. Plus, what you said about about the faster pace isn't quite correct. (Read the links in that post as well)
Overwatch isn't a sequel. If Overwatch 2 has sprint you would expect Overwatch 3 to have sprint still. No offense but Halo isn't overwatch, it's comparing apples and oranges.
Not if sprint was detrimental to overwatch 2s gameplay. Why should players expect detrimental mechanics to make it into a sequal? Just to reply to an earlier comment, what does getting used to sprint in halo have to do with anything? Is a bad mechanic given a free pass just cause we eventually get used to it? We still dislike it even after "adapting" (since people like to say this) to it.
Pro anti-sprint players should play MCC. And help the population go up. I don't think 343 is going to get rid of sprint... boo whoo...

But you got mcc
Halo 1,2,3
Why don't you help
And play with me
There is no Sprint there, just bungie's beautiful golden tri-angle. But nope you play a game you don't know how to use sprint. You sprint to your death, and help your team lose. Or you see the enemy sprint to the power weapons and has it because you or your team was not contesting it and you get mad. Pointing fingers and blaming 343. Stop watching youtube videos. It is clouding your mind about how you truly feel.

Boo whoo it is a game with sprint.
It is not a game that is Cod.
It might as well be battlefield conquest because of warzone and sprint.
Endeziken wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Endeziken wrote:
This topic was dead before MCC back in Halo 4. Games change directions. Sprint is one where it's hard to go back on. Even though I personally would love sprint to be gone and maps to be like halo 2 and 3 it simply isn't going to happen. The pace of the game is faster with sprint and people are now used to it and if you slow the game down your random player will get bored more easily. Sprint is here to stay. At least jetpacks are gone as is armor lock so things could be much worse.
Overwatch seems to be doing fine. Considering the only character in that game that can sprint is only used 6% of the time, people don't seem to care that much about not being able to sprint. Plus, what you said about about the faster pace isn't quite correct. (Read the links in that post as well)
Overwatch isn't a sequel. If Overwatch 2 has sprint you would expect Overwatch 3 to have sprint still. No offense but Halo isn't overwatch, it's comparing apples and oranges.
You said Halo needed it because it makes the game faster paced (which it doesn't). That means you think "random" players will only like a game with sprint, which obviously isn't that case since Overwatch is more popular than Halo on the Xbox alone. If anything the "apples/oranges" comment works in favor of removing sprint since Halo isn't other shooters, so it shouldn't try to be like them, like it currently is.

If a game has a mechanic, it's because it's what's best for the gameplay. Even 343 has said that's not primarily why they included it. Considering sprint is still bad, Halo 6 should still not have it. 343 are not good developers though, so that may not happen.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Mikep40 wrote:
Pro anti-sprint players should play MCC. And help the population go up. I don't think 343 is going to get rid of sprint... boo whoo...

But you got mcc
Halo 1,2,3
Why don't you help
And play with me
There is no Sprint there, just bungie's beautiful golden tri-angle. But nope you play a game you don't know how to use sprint. You sprint to your death, and help your team lose. Or you see the enemy sprint to the power weapons and has it because you or your team was not contesting it and you get mad. Pointing fingers and blaming 343. Stop watching youtube videos. It is clouding your mind about how you truly feel.

Boo whoo it is a game with sprint.
It is not a game that is Cod.
It might as well be battlefield conquest because of warzone and sprint.
Another person sent from Sins clan, I see. Lol, this is priceless.
I don't care what is going on between you and sin. All of this seems to be a dumb discussing with irrelevant people.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat flaming

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Revilo wrote:
This thread got really entertaining really quickly. Where did all of these people come from? Too bad they have trouble forming arguments or this would be even more entertaining.
If you are referring to me, I've been here for the last 75-100 pages or so. I've already explained myself prior and I'm not gonna sit here retyping/copy and pasting my arguments if that's what you are asking for. I've already stated them earlier and if you want to go look for them, go ahead. But the guys that are stating their points clearly and understandably are speaking for me now and I'm just supporting them. All I really need to say now is: "Sprint is not needed in a Halo game because it affects gameplay, maps, and mechanics for the worse".
No. Definitely not referring to you, and based on your reply, you probably wouldn't even guess who I'm referring to. Why would you think that?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 608
  4. 609
  5. 610
  6. 611
  7. 612
  8. ...
  9. 840