Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The sprint discussion thread

OP Gandalfur

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 612
  4. 613
  5. 614
  6. 615
  7. 616
  8. ...
  9. 835
Fantastic argument about not being able to shoot while pursuing people, only just realised! Wow you just nailed these idiots.
Wouldn't call them idiots. It'd be unfair to them, given it's fine and understandable to not entirely know what gameplay mechanics do to games upon inclusion.
I know I just get annoyed because I know most of them lie and never played 3 back in the day.
Gandalfur wrote:
Halo 6 could be the game EVERYONE wants by removing sprint in campaign (yes because who the -Yoink- needs TWO movement speeds in campaign????) and
arena multiplayer at first I thought a no sprint playlist might be optimal but hear me out. I pretty sure the new spartan abilities (save -Yoinking!- spartan charge) would be GENERALLY accepted in a halo game if they werent accompanied by sprint it would feel more competitive more strategic and would also still be recognizable to the fine tuned experience we got in halo 5. Warzone and customs would be a whole other beast entirely retaining ALL the features that made halo 5 successful would keep warzone great and would also allow more options for custom games, for those people that actually wanted to play in a sprint arena type setting they could actually fire up the in game custom game lobby adjust the filter and be good to go! lets face it, sprint has NO place in competitive halo and to argue that it does would just be absurd. this would allow arena maps to continue to be designed the PROPER way and please the vets and basically everyone whos willing to give it a chance and you wouldnt lose much of your sprint loving audience at all because there would still be sprint in the game it would just take a backseat!
Thoughts? :3
A: Since the anti-sprint camp is only a section of the community it would not be the game everyone wants.
B: There has never been a clear answer as to why people think two geared movement isn't 'competitive'. Nor do I consider competitiveness to be the be all and end all of Halo. It has a role, but that isn't all halo is as h5 has shown to some degree.
C: You call any position other than yours 'absurd' though you fail to demonstrate how.
D: Loudly proclaiming that sprint has no place in 'competitive' halo is a claim, not an argument. You need to back up your claim if it is to be taken seriously.
E: Halo 5 has map design problems, but they don't really center around sprint. They center around size, spawning, blind corners, and lack of variety.
F: As a Halo veteran with no distaste for sprint, this argument form ignorance that the loss of population overtime is due to sprint that has been flooding the forum of late is getting tiresome. You still have nothing to base the claim on. It is still the equivalent of walking into your kitchen in the morning and seeing a plate of French toast and assuming a unicorn with a glittering mane made it for you.
Damn, you're good xD
Out of the veterans you are in a slim minority. I had like 50 odd people on my friends list quit at reach, it got to be nearly everyone has quit. You get people coming on for mcc customs now and again.
JIMLUKE104 wrote:
MCCesus wrote:
Sprint killed Halo. Absolutely killed it. Game cannot hold a population at all ever since sprint was introduced. It just doesn't fit and it fundamentally alters the game.
You couldn't of said it any better. That's why I stick to older Halo titles like 2 and 3 because the fundamentals of those games are perfect. Sprint implemented into Halo doesn't feel or play like Halo anymore. Please bring back the golden-triangle 343i :(
Good, we don't miss you.

Saying sprint is the reason halo is ruined is such a cop out. If anything it helped change up a sluggish game.
Well, it's not Halo anymore. And no, it was not sluggish. It was very polished and unique, hence people were drawn to it. Saying that the real Halo mechanics and formula was sluggish is such a cop out.
Sprinting makes things easier
There's no way I can read all these, I kind of wish this thread would go away. Some like it, some don't, I get it. It's part of the game, deal with it.
No, we won't just "deal" with it. We want Halo to play like Halo again. Removing sprint would be a great first step. It's part of the game now, but it doesn't have to be in future titles.
Sprinting makes things easier
The point is that sprinting doesn't belong in Halo.
Sprint helps players get across the map alot quicker even though it gives the enemy an advantage to detect were you are ,
but it can help and compromise you and many ways finally it give it more of an realistic atmosphere with human muscles.
Except that maps are stretched out now in comparison to older Halo maps. You could say sprinting in Halo 5 and 4 is the equivalent of the BSM in Halo 2 or Halo 3.

Even still, we shouldn't rewrite the Halo formula just for the sake of getting around easier.
Precision wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Precision wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Let's be honest, with the current state of Halo sprint is the least thing people want to get removed or even modified.
Thats what I`m saying. But the over-vocal minority just continually whines about a game mechanic which actually increases skill gap.

Let me state this once again for you incredibly dense people.
MORE MOVEMENT POSSIBILITIES AND DECISION MAKING INCREASES THE SKILL GAP. PERIOD.

I wish these people were as motivated to tack the real issues such as radar, splinter nades, spartan charge, map design, hitboxes, bullet magnetism, the list goes on.
The thing about saying things is that just because you say them that doesn't make it true. That's not how words work.
No, the fact that if you are sprinting at the wrong time or place and you die because of it does. I keep giving reasons why sprint does increase skill gap and all you guys can do is yell
"NUH UH, YOU ARE WRONG!!"
No it causes cheap kills, even in pro matches people just get shot first and die. You can't predict every time when not to sprint and then you get punished for moving, also the maps in this game suck making it easy to get around corners to drop nades and recharge. In old halos the maps require more skill to traverse, strafing and ghandi hopping was higher level. You have already been explained to that when someone sprints you can't pursue at the same speed and shoot. This sucks, that wasn't the gameplay of halo. It basically cod but you can't take a bunch of shots while you run away. It's busted and makesee the game turgid. The game has less players than months old single player games. No one likes it, like 7000 pexpel where watching official MS tournaments on twitch this month. That is pathEric, competitively no one gives a -Yoink-, the only reason there are pros is because ms put up big prize funds. They don't have any 3rd party tournaments like other esports of today.
MCCesus wrote:
MCCesus wrote:
Sprint killed Halo. Absolutely killed it. Game cannot hold a population at all ever since sprint was introduced. It just doesn't fit and it fundamentally alters the game.
You couldn't of said it any better. That's why I stick to older Halo titles like 2 and 3 because the fundamentals of those games are perfect. Sprint implemented into Halo doesn't feel or play like Halo anymore. Please bring back the golden-triangle 343i :(
It's not even that it doesn't feel like Halo. It just doesn't feel good.
Very good well said posts. I don't like when people who were poopooing in their nappies in 2004/7 era saying negative stuff about this forum. Ms studios, 343!!! Look at gears of war 4, this is how to make a game, respect the tradition and tell a story. Not to clone other shooters and throw a story which would not be good enough for a indie game.
Halo now not even close to be a good game, playing older Halos on MCC? They are all rubbish on mcc they are tweaked pc games with changed parameters, 360 versions are The definite versions even on lower res/30frame.
THE ALL NEW SPACE MARINE SUPER SOLDIER. CAPABLE OF DESTROYING COVENANT FLEETS ALL BY THEMSELVES. AND ARE SMARTER FASTER AND STRONGER THEN ANY OTHER MARINE.

So ummm, whats his abilities....

Welp...he can maybe run...or maybe hit something with a charge I'm still deciding.
So you're going to use Halo Lore as the basis for why we should be able to sprint? I guess we should be able to grab missiles and toss them back since that was done in the books also.

I'm so tired of this over used argument... that and the old argument of "Well if you hate sprinting you should just not sprint".

Here JoelWelsh1998Hunterkiller040SORZUSZANEWatch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iedeG7SVPCE
Dude it's a joke...It's funny to think of a super soldier who can't even run....
When in halo are you not running? If you're holding the stick forward on the controller, you're running.
The only reason I don't like sprint is because how you can't recharge your shields when running unless you have upgraded thrusters
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Let's be honest, with the current state of Halo sprint is the least thing people want to get removed or even modified.
Let's start with gameplay issues first and move onto everything else after that. Gameplay's what's most important, which makes the matter of sprint individually more important than most other issues.
anyways how does sprint damage Halo? I haven't seen anybody stop playing because they just don't like sprint, that's stupid, is just another movement option to go faster from one place to another, and don't tell the excuse that it modifies the map design, because it doesn't, take for example Halo online, it had classic maps that worked perfectly with sprint, also reach had a very good and fun map design in my opinion, I've played cuztoms on Halo 5 diabling sprint and they work perfectly, they just feel more slow paced, also if everyone care so much of the gameplay issues why has anyone argue about the terrible respawn system and timer in WZFF, as well as some glitches in both Arena and WZ maps where everyone starts to cheat, but it isn't the case, you don't do constructive argues for gameplay issues, you just want to complain about sprint and I don't know the -Yoink- why.
You should take note of what I told Precision about how just saying things doesn't make them true.

What I will do is ask what do you like about sprint?
that it at least doesn't damage the game reputation like the req/microtransaction system, bad map design, lack of content, mediocre campaign etc does, think how would you market the game so it looks popular and is much better now, telling "the game is now totally complete at it's launch and the DLC are for completely new content, the story is deep and dramatic, the maps are now diverse and unique, every game feature works correctly, the loved classic artstyle is back, and ther full customization too" or you'll tell "it has one less movement option which actually is vital for other movement option, so they're 2 movement options removed from the game" which sounds better??? the only thing sprint does is making the game more fast paced, while other issues are completely destroying the gameplay, that's why I not like, but approve it, I really don't care that much about sprint, but removing it would be a huge step back for the gameplay, the effort of the workers to fit it to the game to just be thrown away by the community.
MCCesus wrote:
Sprint killed Halo. Absolutely killed it. Game cannot hold a population at all ever since sprint was introduced. It just doesn't fit and it fundamentally alters the game.
Game absolutely cannot hold a population since the elites changed design, since the DMR was introduced, since the magnum had a scope reintroduced, so are those reason's for Halo's fall as well?

Just saying sprint is the reason is pure speculation.
THE ALL NEW SPACE MARINE SUPER SOLDIER. CAPABLE OF DESTROYING COVENANT FLEETS ALL BY THEMSELVES. AND ARE SMARTER FASTER AND STRONGER THEN ANY OTHER MARINE.

So ummm, whats his abilities....

Welp...he can maybe run...or maybe hit something with a charge I'm still deciding.
So you're going to use Halo Lore as the basis for why we should be able to sprint? I guess we should be able to grab missiles and toss them back since that was done in the books also.

I'm so tired of this over used argument... that and the old argument of "Well if you hate sprinting you should just not sprint".

Here JoelWelsh1998Hunterkiller040SORZUSZANEWatch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iedeG7SVPCE
Dude it's a joke...It's funny to think of a super soldier who can't even run....
When in halo are you not running? If you're holding the stick forward on the controller, you're running.
If you watch the character movements for Spartans in Halo 3, they usually don't look like they're running. Mire like a jog.
Dinho239 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Let's be honest, with the current state of Halo sprint is the least thing people want to get removed or even modified.
Let's start with gameplay issues first and move onto everything else after that. Gameplay's what's most important, which makes the matter of sprint individually more important than most other issues.
anyways how does sprint damage Halo? I haven't seen anybody stop playing because they just don't like sprint, that's stupid, is just another movement option to go faster from one place to another, and don't tell the excuse that it modifies the map design, because it doesn't, take for example Halo online, it had classic maps that worked perfectly with sprint, also reach had a very good and fun map design in my opinion, I've played cuztoms on Halo 5 diabling sprint and they work perfectly, they just feel more slow paced, also if everyone care so much of the gameplay issues why has anyone argue about the terrible respawn system and timer in WZFF, as well as some glitches in both Arena and WZ maps where everyone starts to cheat, but it isn't the case, you don't do constructive argues for gameplay issues, you just want to complain about sprint and I don't know the -Yoink- why.
You should take note of what I told Precision about how just saying things doesn't make them true.

What I will do is ask what do you like about sprint?
that it at least doesn't damage the game reputation like the req/microtransaction system, bad map design, lack of content, mediocre campaign etc does, think how would you market the game so it looks popular and is much better now, telling "the game is now totally complete at it's launch and the DLC are for completely new content, the story is deep and dramatic, the maps are now diverse and unique, every game feature works correctly, the loved classic artstyle is back, and ther full customization too" or you'll tell "it has one less movement option which actually is vital for other movement option, so they're 2 movement options removed from the game" which sounds better??? the only thing sprint does is making the game more fast paced, while other issues are completely destroying the gameplay, that's why I not like, but approve it, I really don't care that much about sprint, but removing it would be a huge step back for the gameplay, the effort of the workers to fit it to the game to just be thrown away by the community.
So with the exception of the bolded, you only told me why you don't dislike it. So for the bolded, not only is that not true, but even if it were, why is sprint better for making the game faster paced than either increasing the BMS or widening the FoV? The pro-sprint argument of "sprint doesn't hurt the game" is really more of an argument not to include it since at best that means it's an unnecessary waste of time and resources.
MCCesus wrote:
Sprint killed Halo. Absolutely killed it. Game cannot hold a population at all ever since sprint was introduced. It just doesn't fit and it fundamentally alters the game.
Game absolutely cannot hold a population since the elites changed design, since the DMR was introduced, since the magnum had a scope reintroduced, so are those reason's for Halo's fall as well?

Just saying sprint is the reason is pure speculation.
Just curious, how do the elites design, the DMR, and a magnum scope fundamentally alter the game?
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
MCCesus wrote:
Sprint killed Halo. Absolutely killed it. Game cannot hold a population at all ever since sprint was introduced. It just doesn't fit and it fundamentally alters the game.
Game absolutely cannot hold a population since the elites changed design, since the DMR was introduced, since the magnum had a scope reintroduced, so are those reason's for Halo's fall as well?

Just saying sprint is the reason is pure speculation.
Just curious, how do the elites design, the DMR, and a magnum scope fundamentally alter the game?
We could argue the magnum scope does as you spawn with it in nearly every mode and always have. But in reality they don't. And nearly this whole thread is about whether or not sprint does.
My reply was intended to convey that sprint being the only or main reason for halos decline is speculation, as statistics-wise, the argument has no factual basis.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
MCCesus wrote:
Sprint killed Halo. Absolutely killed it. Game cannot hold a population at all ever since sprint was introduced. It just doesn't fit and it fundamentally alters the game.
Game absolutely cannot hold a population since the elites changed design, since the DMR was introduced, since the magnum had a scope reintroduced, so are those reason's for Halo's fall as well?

Just saying sprint is the reason is pure speculation.
Just curious, how do the elites design, the DMR, and a magnum scope fundamentally alter the game?
We could argue the magnum scope does as you spawn with it in nearly every mode and always have. But in reality they don't. And nearly this whole thread is about whether or not sprint does.
My reply was intended to convey that sprint being the only or main reason for halos decline is speculation
Seems weird that having the scope reintroduced would all of a sudden be a bad thing after previous games with it had performed well. Regardless, if those things did have detrimental effects on the game then people would be discussing it. They don't, so they aren't. Sprint does, so they are.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
MCCesus wrote:
Sprint killed Halo. Absolutely killed it. Game cannot hold a population at all ever since sprint was introduced. It just doesn't fit and it fundamentally alters the game.
Game absolutely cannot hold a population since the elites changed design, since the DMR was introduced, since the magnum had a scope reintroduced, so are those reason's for Halo's fall as well?

Just saying sprint is the reason is pure speculation.
Just curious, how do the elites design, the DMR, and a magnum scope fundamentally alter the game?
We could argue the magnum scope does as you spawn with it in nearly every mode and always have. But in reality they don't. And nearly this whole thread is about whether or not sprint does.
My reply was intended to convey that sprint being the only or main reason for halos decline is speculation
Seems weird that having the scope reintroduced would all of a sudden be a bad thing after previous games with it had performed well. Regardless, if those things did have detrimental effects on the game then people would be discussing it. They don't, so they aren't. Sprint does, so they are.
*previous game. Before reintroduction only Halo 1 had it. We can even argue that the Halo games without it have been overall better received, and Halo 3, which lacked it, was the best selling Halo.
But again, point stands that there is no factual evidence that Sprint is the sole or main reason for Halo's decline
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
MCCesus wrote:
Sprint killed Halo. Absolutely killed it. Game cannot hold a population at all ever since sprint was introduced. It just doesn't fit and it fundamentally alters the game.
Game absolutely cannot hold a population since the elites changed design, since the DMR was introduced, since the magnum had a scope reintroduced, so are those reason's for Halo's fall as well?

Just saying sprint is the reason is pure speculation.
Just curious, how do the elites design, the DMR, and a magnum scope fundamentally alter the game?
We could argue the magnum scope does as you spawn with it in nearly every mode and always have. But in reality they don't. And nearly this whole thread is about whether or not sprint does.
My reply was intended to convey that sprint being the only or main reason for halos decline is speculation
Seems weird that having the scope reintroduced would all of a sudden be a bad thing after previous games with it had performed well. Regardless, if those things did have detrimental effects on the game then people would be discussing it. They don't, so they aren't. Sprint does, so they are.
*previous game. Before reintroduction only Halo 1 had it.
But again, point stands that there is no factual evidence that Sprint is the sole or main reason for Halo's decline
You go on and believe otherwise then. We'll be here looking at the common denominators throughout the games and determine the reason ourselves as it pertains to this topic.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 612
  4. 613
  5. 614
  6. 615
  7. 616
  8. ...
  9. 835