2. ...
  3. 618
  4. 619
  5. 620
  6. 621
  7. 622
  8. ...
  9. 748
didn't even bother reading it because it is the dumbest topic out there right now. Just because it has sprint doesn't mean its not Halo. It's one whole mechanic, that's it. If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
Halo was made with a 3 part formula set up in mind.

You have your grenades, melee, and weapons. Sprint wasn't a part of that. The formula changed with Reach, now it is generally accepted as one of the best Halos, so returning to a 4 part formula (AA, melee, grenade, gun like Reach) would probably still work.

Having the current gameplay with Charge, Thrust, GP, Sprint, grenade, melee, and weapons just won't work. 7 parts is 4 too many.

The population has also gone down faster in games that break the formula
Oh my... Again with the golden triangle crap... How in the world did H3 equipment fit in the triangle at all? They completely destroy it... Yet Halo 3 is the most successful Halo.

The formula is imaginary and to say that only halos like that are good, we'd be left with Halo 1 and 2.
Because equipment was almost never used, had to be found on maps, and most of them still had little affect on gameplay.
I don't know about you but bubble shield, regen, and power drain were used all the time in my experience. The others, only on occasion. They were extremely irritating, and screwed up the flow. Much more than armor abilities ever did imo.
Your being daft now. How could the bubble shield which there is one of on a map alter the flow as much as permanent armour lock or Sprint? The gunplay and movement is exactly the same with equipment. Equipment was fun in the lighter ranked modes like slayer, it had absolutely no where near as detrimental effect on the communitu as AA. They made half the community quit and never come back.
didn't even bother reading it because it is the dumbest topic out there right now. Just because it has sprint doesn't mean its not Halo. It's one whole mechanic, that's it. If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.

You have your grenades, melee, and weapons. Sprint wasn't a part of that. The formula changed with Reach, now it is generally accepted as one of the best Halos, so returning to a 4 part formula (AA, melee, grenade, gun like Reach) would probably still work.

Having the current gameplay with Charge, Thrust, GP, Sprint, grenade, melee, and weapons just won't work. 7 parts is 4 too many.

Oh my... Again with the golden triangle crap... How in the world did H3 equipment fit in the triangle at all? They completely destroy it... Yet Halo 3 is the most successful Halo.

The formula is imaginary and to say that only halos like that are good, we'd be left with Halo 1 and 2.
Because equipment was almost never used, had to be found on maps, and most of them still had little affect on gameplay.
I don't know about you but bubble shield, regen, and power drain were used all the time in my experience. The others, only on occasion. They were extremely irritating, and screwed up the flow. Much more than armor abilities ever did imo.
I disagree, AA's are far more likely to alter the established game-play mechanics than a one use, map pick-up item.
They are being deliberately annoying, don't fall for it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

I disagree, AA's are far more likely to alter the established game-play mechanics than a one use, map pick-up item.
Also he played 75 matches of 3 that was it, this account I. Have is not the account or should I say accounts I had in 07 to 09ish era, these guys aren't qualified to say -Yoink- about halo 3
These guys huh? What 'guys' are you talking about? Are you grouping me in with the pro-sprinters again...? And what does my SR have to do with anything? This thread has established that you shouldn't base something simply on someone else's service record.

Your being daft now. How could the bubble shield which there is one of on a map alter the flow as much as permanent armour lock or Sprint? The gunplay and movement is exactly the same with equipment. Equipment was fun in the lighter ranked modes like slayer, it had absolutely no where near as detrimental effect on the communitu as AA. They made half the community quit and never come back.
There were usually several bubble shields on the map, and they respawned regularly. And it was impossible to tell when someone would have one. At least with AA it was at least semi predictable because you knew everyone had an AA....
It may not have had the effect on the community that AA had, I never said they did, I simply said they had more detrimental effect on gameplay in my opinion than AA ever did.

It is only considered one of the best Halo games by people who didn't play the original trilogy, were too young to remember it, or people who don't understand or care about Halo as an arena shooter.

Reach had an immense amount of features and content in it and it all worked. That's what it had going for it.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again: Reach was NOT a good game in terms of balance. It's multi-player attempted to appeal to an audience that cared little for balance to begin with.

It tried to appeal to people that didn't enjoy Halo because of its balanced, skillful mechanics. It attempted to adopt the modern instant gratification formula and it didn't work. It alienated long time Halo fans and those it tried to reel in were too busy indulging themselves in CoD Black Ops.
I feel like Halo Reach is the one of the best main series multiplayers. And I have played Haloesince CE

Then either your truely just in the minority. Or your arguing just to argue. Most of the AAs are equipment that you now spawn with and can reuse. While equipment came into possession through map control just like power weapons.

He's literally disagreeing just to disagree with us at this point, even if it makes no sense.

He's literally disagreeing just to disagree with us at this point, even if it makes no sense.
No I'm not. That is literally how I feel. Quit grouping me into the pro sprint crowd. I recognize I'm in the minority. I know that full well. My least favorite Halo multiplayer is the most popular. I dislike Halo 3 multiplayer. That my opinion. In my opinion, due to their extreme lack of balance, even more so than AA, and their unpredictability, I feel like equipment was way worse for gameplay than AAs. But that's my opinion. And no, before you assume so, Halo 4 and Halo 5 are not my favorite multiplayers
Not sure the OP argument makes sense.
"Lets face it, sprint has NO place in competitive Halo and to argue that it does would just be absurd."
But based on what, just the fact that you don't like it?
For it to have no place in competitive Halo, surely it would have to have competitive ramifications, and as everyone can sprint, it just doesn't.
It's a significant development for gameplay, future canon, and future gameplay, which really seems like a good thing.
It plays worse though, regardless of how it affects it competitively, no one wants to watch halo esports how it is now. The game is nothing like halo, speed and tempo affect gameplay more than anything else, you can't just say its a development it's a good thing. It's a development to you, for most players and Explayers it isn't. We now have a game that doesn't resemble halo. It has fast movement and new inputs, but it plays poorly. Not a single thing they have changed about the game has been good. It's embarrassing seeing them stubbornly ignore the obvious and make a game they want to make. They are paid and owned by MS to make a game for halo fans. All they have done is destroy the franchise.
Fair points mate. I have updated and extrapolated on my view in a new comment, but I hear what you're saying. I think firstly there's a difference between games created for the player and for the eSports viewer. I think the most attractive thing about the Halo game is fidelity to the canon, not viewability for eSports, which came along looong after the Master Chief. For the pro players, they become pro because they adapt to the game, right? So, although it's not the same as it was, it's developing within itself, which I like and respect.
Sprint should be faster. Just get rid of Spartan Charge. I don't know that I've ever used it on purpose to get a kill. Most of the time I'm going up for the assassination only to use it, whiff the opponent, and then get murdered. lol

No I'm not. That is literally how I feel. Quit grouping me into the pro sprint crowd. I recognize I'm in the minority. I know that full well. My least favorite Halo multiplayer is the most popular. I dislike Halo 3 multiplayer. That my opinion. In my opinion, due to their extreme lack of balance, even more so than AA, and their unpredictability, I feel like equipment was way worse for gameplay than AAs. But that's my opinion. And no, before you assume so, Halo 4 and Halo 5 are not my favorite multiplayers
Funny how you never mentioned how equipment was bad until I said it was good...
Not sure the OP argument makes sense.
"Lets face it, sprint has NO place in competitive Halo and to argue that it does would just be absurd."
But based on what, just the fact that you don't like it?
For it to have no place in competitive Halo, surely it would have to have competitive ramifications, and as everyone can sprint, it just doesn't.
It's a significant development for gameplay, future canon, and future gameplay, which really seems like a good thing.
It plays worse though, regardless of how it affects it competitively, no one wants to watch halo esports how it is now. The game is nothing like halo, speed and tempo affect gameplay more than anything else, you can't just say its a development it's a good thing. It's a development to you, for most players and Explayers it isn't. We now have a game that doesn't resemble halo. It has fast movement and new inputs, but it plays poorly. Not a single thing they have changed about the game has been good. It's embarrassing seeing them stubbornly ignore the obvious and make a game they want to make. They are paid and owned by MS to make a game for halo fans. All they have done is destroy the franchise.
Fair points mate. I have updated and extrapolated on my view in a new comment, but I hear what you're saying. I think firstly there's a difference between games created for the player and for the eSports viewer. I think the most attractive thing about the Halo game is fidelity to the canon, not viewability for eSports, which came along looong after the Master Chief. For the pro players, they become pro because they adapt to the game, right? So, although it's not the same as it was, it's developing within itself, which I like and respect.
To me the canon is what bungie made with the first games, I like the story of the main games, but to be honest I don't want novels to influence my game.

How are equipment pickups worse? They were limited as not everyone could have one, you didn't spawn with them off the bat, and they had timed spawns just like power weapons. It's fine and dandy you don't like equipment, I don't either, but AA was much worse as they were the opposite of equipment pickups. I really don't understand how you can see equipment being more unpredictable than AAs were at all.
Why is this still a thing? You can sprint in Halo. It would be lame without the sprint.
Why is this still a thing? You can sprint in Halo. It would be lame without the sprint.
You know what else is lame? Conforming to the FPS industry's standards in order to appeal to a wider audience. Sprint was never needed to speed up game play, and it has only damaged the foundation of Halo's original game play.
TryHardFan wrote:
You know what else is lame? Conforming to the FPS industry's standards in order to appeal to a wider audience. Sprint was never needed to speed up game play, and it has only damaged the foundation of Halo's original game play.
I do not understand why it damaged anything. You can sprint in games so what? Do you wanna have the man on the moon style back like in the old Halo games? I did not like those it was so slow and lame. Halo 4 was good Halo 5 is good and I hope Halo 6 will be even better. I am sorry but I am not into this old school Halo. It was fun at that time but things had to change. A simple thing like sprint should be in every FPS in my opinion. I did not like this "having bricks on your feed while trying to move like an octopus in a knight suit" That's what the old Halo was if we are honest. If you liked that style then you should go and play it. I still hope for games to change and surprise me and adding sprint makes it more fun at least to me. Everyone has his opinion.
TryHardFan wrote:
I do not understand why it damaged anything. You can sprint in games so what? Do you wanna have the man on the moon style back like in the old Halo games? I did not like those it was so slow and lame. Halo 4 was good Halo 5 is good and I hope Halo 6 will be even better. I am sorry but I am not into this old school Halo. It was fun at that time but things had to change. A simple thing like sprint should be in every FPS in my opinion. I did not like this "having bricks on your feed while trying to move like an octopus in a knight suit" That's what the old Halo was if we are honest. If you liked that style then you should go and play it. I still hope for games to change and surprise me and adding sprint makes it more fun at least to me. Everyone has his opinion.
It's ridiculous how new halo fans seem to adopt this perspective that old school players want a slower-paced game. We don't like sprint because there are better alternatives to make halo fast paced while maintaining the ability to optimally move and shoot at the same time (unlike newer halo games), through an increased BMS along with an increased FOV to give the illusion of moving faster.

The idea that things had to change is extremely flawed, as Halo was never given a chance to replicate the game play of Halo 3, the best selling game of this franchise. If the game play from that became stale and no one liked it, then fine, we could change the game. But Bungie immediately jumped the gun to fundamentally change Halo's core game play by making Reach, without giving 3 a second chance.
It wouldnt be that lame, having a faster BMS isnt that bad.
TryHardFan wrote:
You know why the statement "halo has had to change" has no merit? Halos height was never given the chance to even get stale, boring,bland to the crowd, as tryhard said, it never got the chance and bungie pulled a 180 out of no where and 343 continued it. The fact that halos been regressing game by game ever since these changes doesn't not give any support to "halo had to change", it actually shows they need to go backwards and fix what didn't need changed to begin with. What support do you have that justifies halos change of direction? It's literally gone nowhere but down in sales, retention, population, etc etc. your opinion on liking sprint is fine, it's your reasons "why" that people are going to argue and the statement "halo had to change" when overall it's been for the worse.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 618
  4. 619
  5. 620
  6. 621
  7. 622
  8. ...
  9. 748