2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 838
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
pugwash1 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
but thats the thing we are still keeping sprint, its there its still an option and if you wanted to play with it you could play warzone or custom games. thing is halos 1-3 were fine without sprint in the campaign and the arena aspect. What does sprint bring to those gamemodes that improve on the experience and dont just take away from it?
You do realize sprint was supposed to be in halo 2
Yet it wasn't. Nor was it included in Halo 3.
pugwash1 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
but thats the thing we are still keeping sprint, its there its still an option and if you wanted to play with it you could play warzone or custom games. thing is halos 1-3 were fine without sprint in the campaign and the arena aspect. What does sprint bring to those gamemodes that improve on the experience and dont just take away from it?
No it wasn't. They attempted it and decided against it because it caused pacing issues. Smart choice.
No keep it Spartans may be super shoulders but their still human and sprinting is natural for humans and saying that sprints needs to be removed is like saying humans can't fight any war it's natural to sprint
Saying "EVERYONE" thinks a certain way is a great way to cause a train wreck out of your entire argument.
pugwash1 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
Due to time constraints same with that level that shower at e3 years ago
I believe that sprint is necessary for Halo. Yes the original Halos did not have sprint, but in today's games sprint is necessary. Imagine doing warzone with no sprint. It would take an eternity to cross the map. In campaign when I go back and play Halo 1 through 3 it feels slow paced now to an almost unbearable amount. Also new players who are entering into the franchise would not be entertained by the slower game play that no sprint offers.
I dont think so, is too much ilogic, but is there arent sprint you can makes it feel more nostalgic
pugwash1 wrote:
pugwash1 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
So a mechanic that you are alleging Bungie wanted to put in Halo 2 wasn't even put in Halo 3 because of time constraints? You realize there was 3 years in between those games right?
I like sprint......I think it's ok.
Halo 5 still feels like halo to me. I've gotten used to the new abilities, i put my full trust into 343i
didn't even bother reading it because it is the dumbest topic out there right now. Just because it has sprint doesn't mean its not Halo. It's one whole mechanic, that's it. If you don't like sprint, don't sprint. Problem solved.
Except the maps are purposefully stretched out to accompany sprint, so that stretched maps will have the same sprint travel time as a non stretched map with just walking. So
not sprinting is punishing because the game had to be made around it.
^this
pugwash1 wrote:
pugwash1 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
Lol you -Yoinking!- serious? I can see them cutting it from Halo 2 because of last minute time restraints (that's not why they cut it but that argument at least makes sense), but they could've easily added it to Halo 3 if they wanted to. They had plenty of time to develop Halo 3.
Bro, every post I read from you its negative. Why don't you accept that there are pros and cons of this game, and get over it. Because every time, you will have people calling you out on it, and it gets really boring to keep trying to correct toxic opinions like yours.
I like sprint
Ramir3z77 wrote:
pugwash1 wrote:
pugwash1 wrote:
Gandalfur wrote:
Lol you -Yoinking!- serious? I can see them cutting it from Halo 2 because of last minute time restraints (that's not why they cut it but that argument at least makes sense), but they could've easily added it to Halo 3 if they wanted to. They had plenty of time to develop Halo 3.
This coupled with 343 iz bungie are the two biggest myths that still are perpetuated. We need a myth busters YouTube channel like had back in the day.
If sprint were removed, sliding would also be gone since you need to sprint in order to slide.
sliding is useless though so who would actually care
HEY!!! I slick and slide everywhere.....it has saved my behind numerous times.
I believe that sprint is necessary for Halo. Yes the original Halos did not have sprint, but in today's games sprint is necessary. Imagine doing warzone with no sprint. It would take an eternity to cross the map. In campaign when I go back and play Halo 1 through 3 it feels slow paced now to an almost unbearable amount. Also new players who are entering into the franchise would not be entertained by the slower game play that no sprint offers.
I actually made it a point to play my first Warzone match without sprinting once. It worked just fine, even with Halo 5's gimped base movement speed. If new players to the franchise can't handle moving a little slower(like in the gameplay Halo was built on), then Halo just isn't the franchise for them. That's ok though. Not everyone is going to be a Halo fan. But, we shouldn't be turning away long time fans of the franchise in hopes of maybe pleasing some newcomers. That has been the strategy for over half a decade now, and the population shows that it isn't working. Trying to change and overhaul a working formula is not the way to continue a franchise.
Personally I love the sprint. Going back and playing the other games I find myself tapping the joystick only to not have that boost of speed and being disappointed. Why would you not run? Do you only move at one speed?
Honestly I'm getting really tired of these forums saying sprint is bad, sprint is ruining Halo, and bla bla bla bla. If I'm not mistaken you can disable sprint in Halo 5 so why is it such a problem to you? And don't go on saying that I'm just a new Halo fan and I'm going to agree with 343 on everything and not agree with the original fans, well guess what I'm one of those original fans, yes I'm not going agree with 343 on everything but dude you have have to stop blabbing on how sprint in ruining Halo, everyone is getting sick of these forums! Good Day
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 838