5. 775
  6. 776
  7. 777
  8. ...
  9. 830
Itz Nater wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Itz Nater wrote:
Does anybody know exactly what 343 is trying to accomplish? With the success of that one game that I can't talk about, I think it's pretty clear that there is a much greater demand for classic Halo within the Halo community, if it wasn't clear enough already. I'm sitting here scratching my head because I just can't underrated why the franchise continues to go in this direction, I don't see what there is to gain from intentionally ignoring the communities outcries for change. I do appreciate the attention towards mcc, but in the end it's still just a collection of games that I've played to death. I'd really just love them to make one classic Halo game to see how well it does. Even if Halo isn't a console seller anymore that doesn't appeal to the general demographic, there's really no point in jumping on the latest fad and splitting the games current demographic. Sorry if this post sounds whiny by the way lol, I'm not as well spoken as most of you guys here.
What do you think the community want in their "classic" Halo ? Just going back ten years or so won't make me happy, I would not buy it as I already own it.

I want the older visuals, more blood splatters, the old look armour, better customisation, playable elites etc etc. I also want a better btb with 12v12, 24v24 without reqs. However, I don't want the likes of the Halo 3 game play speed. Going back to Halo 3 after Halo 5 makes it feel like treading water, I would drop sprint and increase the base movement speed. We all have different visions of our dream Halo. I want older visuals with faster game play. I would hate to be 343i tbh.
I don't think anybody wants to go back 10 years or to Halo 3's movement. When I say classic Halo I'm just talking about the classic formula. No fads, no gimmicks, just Halo. Innovate by adding to the experience rather than changing it altogether.
How do they do that ? What do you want added ? How does sprint fit into the classic formula ?
eviltedi wrote:
Itz Nater wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Itz Nater wrote:
Does anybody know exactly what 343 is trying to accomplish? With the success of that one game that I can't talk about, I think it's pretty clear that there is a much greater demand for classic Halo within the Halo community, if it wasn't clear enough already. I'm sitting here scratching my head because I just can't underrated why the franchise continues to go in this direction, I don't see what there is to gain from intentionally ignoring the communities outcries for change. I do appreciate the attention towards mcc, but in the end it's still just a collection of games that I've played to death. I'd really just love them to make one classic Halo game to see how well it does. Even if Halo isn't a console seller anymore that doesn't appeal to the general demographic, there's really no point in jumping on the latest fad and splitting the games current demographic. Sorry if this post sounds whiny by the way lol, I'm not as well spoken as most of you guys here.
What do you think the community want in their "classic" Halo ? Just going back ten years or so won't make me happy, I would not buy it as I already own it.

I want the older visuals, more blood splatters, the old look armour, better customisation, playable elites etc etc. I also want a better btb with 12v12, 24v24 without reqs. However, I don't want the likes of the Halo 3 game play speed. Going back to Halo 3 after Halo 5 makes it feel like treading water, I would drop sprint and increase the base movement speed. We all have different visions of our dream Halo. I want older visuals with faster game play. I would hate to be 343i tbh.
I don't think anybody wants to go back 10 years or to Halo 3's movement. When I say classic Halo I'm just talking about the classic formula. No fads, no gimmicks, just Halo. Innovate by adding to the experience rather than changing it altogether.
How do they do that ? What do you want added ? How does sprint fit into the classic formula ?
When did I say I want sprint? Halo 2 anniversary showed you can still innovate without altering core mechanics with it's dynamic maps. In addition to the obvious new weapons and vehicles to the sandbox, 343 can innovate by adding new game modes and community features. Things like forgeable ai, space battles, new campaign collectable (skulls, h2a toys) maps that adapt the player like zero gravity for example. There are plenty of ways for them to innovate Halo without changing mechanics.
eviltedi wrote:
Itz Nater wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Itz Nater wrote:

FoV helps greatly. I'd say accelerations as well. Halo CE to 3 all had the same BMS, but FoVs varied, and I'd say accelerations too varied between the titles.
I also think physics play a significant role in how it feels to move.
As far as movement, physics based thrusters could work, I'd also like to see how a short wall run as well as wall jump could work.

Outside of player mechanics, multi-gravitation would be nice to test out.
More types of map movement / transports utilities explored more. I think there may be some interesting things there.

I don't think sprint fit in the classic setting.
eviltedi wrote:
Itz Nater wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Itz Nater wrote:

One way would be to give weapons their own unique features. For example, in halo combat evolved plasma weapons slowed down enemies and decreased their sensitivity and jump height when being shot at. This would be a cool thing to add back in my opinion.
Itz Nater wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

You would be surprised how few players 10 years ago wanted Halo 3's movement. I mean, when compared to the tension and strategy of matches and moments like this with even older mechanics but new maps, Halo 3 looks incredibly slow to me. It's unfortunate that, arguably, the worst classic Halo game has ever been hailed as the gold standard.
eviltedi wrote:
Itz Nater wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Itz Nater wrote:

One way would be to give weapons their own unique features. For example, in halo combat evolved plasma weapons slowed down enemies and decreased their sensitivity and jump height when being shot at. This would be a cool thing to add back in my opinion.
Yes! One thing that really frustrates me about Halo 5 is how almost all the weapons only seem to differ in dps.
L377UC3 wrote:
Itz Nater wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

You would be surprised how few players 10 years ago wanted Halo 3's movement. I mean, when compared to the tension and strategy of matches and moments like this with even older mechanics but new maps, Halo 3 looks incredibly slow to me. It's unfortunate that, arguably, the worst classic Halo game has ever been hailed as the gold standard.
Halo 3 shouldn't be the standard for classic halo, I agree. The game is too slow and its weapons feel weak, and the fov is too low in my opinion. Halo ce, halo 2, and halo 2 anniversary are better examples for classic halo.
Hi, I’ve been reading along these comments to see what the general opinion is on sprint being introduced to the halo franchise. Although I initially was only going to spectate and not state my opinion in this, it seems people are getting the wrong idea for how sprint ruined halo. Rather than just making the game more fast paced and interesting for new and younger players, it destroyed the strategic gameplay halo had. For example, when playing an OBJ game type like capture the flag, a team would have to first push towards power weapons and other parts of the map to gain map control and superiority on the opposing team. Doing this could be very tricky, ESPECIALLY IN HIGH LEVEL GAME PLAY, and would often rely on cooperative tactic by your team to either weaken the other team, or even kill one of their members, resulting in a advantage as you have one more person than the opposition. This more slower gameplay is very chess like as you can only advance on the other teams side to grab the flag, secure spawn points, and or secure map control once your team has a significant advantage over the opposition. However with the introduction of sprint, this slower gametype is revoked as players are able to sprint freely from either side of the map. Also lessens the advantage you gain when weakening a member on the opposing team because rather than hide and hope your shield recharges in time before you’re killed, you now have the option to quickly return to your side of the map by utilizing the infamous sprint. It just doesnt belong in a slower game pace such as halo. With that said, I do not think sprint is the sole reason Halo has started its downward spiral, but rather a combination of halo: Reach’s sprint and even more infamous Bloom. I don’t think it is necessary to explain how bloom and sprint combined ruined halo competitiveness and even resulted in MLG dropping halo as their flagship competitive game. Not even mentioning most mlg teams have disbanded their halo teams in pursuit of other popular and more thriving video games. Nevertheless; I still have high hopes for halo 6, being that there hasnt been any bloom, I just would like to see the simplicity of halo being returned. Halo 5 has too many combat options: sprint, melee, slide, ground pound, shooting, thruster, climbing. Possibly remove climbing for halo’s beloved crouch jump? just a thought. Anyways, halo 5’s controls are very difficult to play on a regular xbox controller.
Itz Nater wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Itz Nater wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Itz Nater wrote:

When did I say I want sprint? Halo 2 anniversary showed you can still innovate without altering core mechanics with it's dynamic maps. In addition to the obvious new weapons and vehicles to the sandbox, 343 can innovate by adding new game modes and community features. Things like forgeable ai, space battles, new campaign collectable (skulls, h2a toys) maps that adapt the player like zero gravity for example. There are plenty of ways for them to innovate Halo without changing mechanics.
This is the sprint discussion thread. I asked about sprint to keep the discussion on topic. For better or worse, sprint is currently part of Halo. As stated, I would drop it and increase base movement speed.
i think that sprint is a great addition to the game and glad they added it.
i think that sprint is a great addition to the game and glad they added it.
For any particular reason? Is there something that can be done to make it even better? Is there something that could be done where we can make a change and yet keep all the benefits of Sprint?
I don't think it needs anything more added.i think it's fine for now.
I don't think it needs anything more added.i think it's fine for now.
Well I didn't really say "add," I said "change."

I heavily doubt you cannot find a single bad thing about a mechanic. There is always room for improvement, especially since a lot of people here seem to be able to talk about a lot of bad things tied to Sprint.
i have read some of the thread and im trying to see things from both sides on one hand its good on another it is bad i think its good in my opinion but to improve. you could change how long you can sprint for like halo 4. what do you think can be changed to help imrove
i have read some of the thread and im trying to see things from both sides on one hand its good on another it is bad i think its good in my opinion but to improve. you could change how long you can sprint for like halo 4. what do you think can be changed to help imrove
Why not just remove it and increase the base movement speed? At least that way 343 would be removing a mechanic that is so divisive fans have stopped playing the game altogether.
Here is my input on this since this is what me and several of my friends have said- We understand sprint was added to make the game more fast pace and we welcomed it and enjoy it, but we also miss the no sprint. We talked about this for a while and we started to go back and play MCC and we started halo 3 co-op and we felt like we were moving so beyond slow compared to halo 5. And we missed being able to sprint.

Even though it’s not long, TL:DR- Even if you don’t like sprint, halo isn’t the same without it anymore, it would make the game feel to slow compared to how fast it is now. (although I’m fairly sure the maps are larger due to sprint being in the game.)
Here is my input on this since this is what me and several of my friends have said- We understand sprint was added to make the game more fast pace and we welcomed it and enjoy it, but we also miss the no sprint. We talked about this for a while and we started to go back and play MCC and we started halo 3 co-op and we felt like we were moving so beyond slow compared to halo 5. And we missed being able to sprint.

Even though it’s not long, TL:DR- Even if you don’t like sprint, halo isn’t the same without it anymore, it would make the game feel to slow compared to how fast it is now. (although I’m fairly sure the maps are larger due to sprint being in the game.)
As someone right before you asked:

Why not just remove it and increase the base movement speed?

Not going to lie didn’t read the later pages of This so i didn’t see it, but I personally agree and disagree with that. I agree because I feel like it would allow the newer games to feel like the older halo games, but I feel like sprint is liked by a bit of the community. Thinking about it a little more- I think if they increased base speed and removed sprint it would feel like quake champions (I think that’s the newer one?)
Itz Nater wrote:
Why not just remove it and increase the base movement speed? At least that way 343 would be removing a mechanic that is so divisive fans have stopped playing the game altogether.
My thoughts exactly, as I posted before. Sprint has driven a wedge into the community. I see the pros and cons of sprint, and I'm of the opinion removing sprint and increasing the base movement speed is the way to go.

Not going to lie didn’t read the later pages of This so i didn’t see it, but I personally agree and disagree with that. I agree because I feel like it would allow the newer games to feel like the older halo games, but I feel like sprint is liked by a bit of the community. Thinking about it a little more- I think if they increased base speed and removed sprint it would feel like quake champions (I think that’s the newer one?)
You do realize that no-sprint is liked a "bit of the community" as well, right? Why is it OK to ignore their wishes but not the ones liking sprint. We cannot say how many people would actually be upset about sprint beeing removed (if done in a proper game...) because there hasn't been a (technically up-to-date) Halo game in the last 10 years, so maybe people wouldn't mind so much at all...
And how is it that removing sprint will make Halo feel like Quake, which seems to be not OK with you but keeping sprint won't make Halo feel like CoD/BF which, despite you realizing that it doesn't feel like Halo anymore, you're OK with? Many pro-sprint people throw around phrases like "just be open to something new", well after 10 years of gimmick-filled Halo, having a new but classic Halo experience (read: remasters like H3A does not count) would be something new ;)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 773
  4. 774
  5. 775
  6. 776
  7. 777
  8. ...
  9. 830